PDA

View Full Version : Are they really going to call it... (smackdown spoilers)

V
06-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Are they really going to call the new Smackdown Belt, the "Smackdown Championship" because if so, here are some better suggestions.

"Belt of the inferior brand"

"Minor League Championship"

"I didn't even win this at a live event championship"

"Spoilers Championship"

"It's really tuesday championship"

Now that i'm done being stupid... are they really planning on calling the belt the "Smackdown Championship", that is not very creative and I really think/hope they come up with a better name. And what would they do if that belt got drafted to raw later on lol.

Sigh, I can only predict harsh times for smackdown.

Rob
06-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Why can't they just wait for Batista to jump?

Chavo Classic
06-26-2005, 06:34 AM
Haven't they confused us enough already? There's too many belts, and when there's too many belts, there's no definitve champion. So, how do they expecty Batista, Cena and whoever will be the next smackdown champion to get over when they're all champion!

I hate to say it, but I get the feeling that the messy championship picture and HHH not being at the top of the mountain at the same time is more the co-incidence.

Xero
06-26-2005, 08:07 AM
I'm thinking that Batista, or God forbid Triple H, will be drafted to SmackDown! as the final draft pick and they'll make it a, um, first ever 7 man world heavyweight championship match.

If they're planning on keeping BOTH fucking World titles on RAW, then they're fucking retarded unless they're putting the ECW brand's plans in motion.

If anything, the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships better be combined. Preferably to Jericho. Imagine him winning at Vengeance (I'm not saying he WILL, but let's pretend) and then challenging the champion to a title vs. title match and winning that.

Also, if they are going through with this, I hope they bring back either the Attitude or Eagle belt. Knowing WWE, though, it'll be a stupid ass solid blue belt.

But yeah, unless they're going with an ECW brand or drafting the World Heavyweight Champion to SmackDown!, they're fucking retarded.

Hired Hitman
06-26-2005, 08:07 AM
They will merge the WWE and world to make the WWE Championship, which will be on RAW, then smackdown will have a belt of their own.. but as a B-Grade belt... Like smackdown title :$

Just John
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
The "We have to settle for the shittier brand" championship

Just John
06-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Mabye it will be a Hassan themed belt with a beard and a turban :cool:

Xero
06-26-2005, 11:59 AM
The 'I'm Triple H's Bitch' Heavyweight Championship of the World.

PureHatred
06-26-2005, 12:00 PM
As a fan, I think we're all assuming that either the winner of the triple threat match or the winner of HITC will be drafted to SD to even out the title situation. But I think there's a real possibility that this could be yet another in a seemingly endless series of moves done to fuck Smackdown.

It's like Vince saw what UPN was doing with their schedule and said to himself, "OH YEAH??!! You wanna move us to Fridays??? Well then I'm gonna make that show so shitty it'll make ad episode of Thunder look like a god damned Wrestlemania. THAT'LL SHOW THEM!!!

Bricktop
06-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe this will result in a good old fashion 2 belts storyline? If the new belt is made and won by a heel on SD, then Batista is drafted, you have an automatic feud. Both would claim that they were the real champ and there would be a match at summer slam to determine it.

Corkscrewed
06-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Maybe.

But like I've said elsewhere, I'd rather JBL just use the old WWE championship belt and walk around as a self proclaimed champ.

Just John
06-26-2005, 04:36 PM
In all seriousness so would I

Mr. Nerfect
06-26-2005, 06:59 PM
I personally like the idea of a SmackDown! Championship. It may not have any fancy lineage, but neither does the World Heavyweight Championship.

I doubt we'll see a proper conclusion next week, and instead we'll see something happen at The Great American Bash. This is probably all a move just to make Batista getting drafted more "surprising". But yeah, they should bring back either the Attitude belt or Eagle belt. It's what they did when they created the World Heavyweight Championship on RAW. I'm leaning more towads the Eagle Championship right now, because seeing Chris Benoit holding up that belt in celebration when he wins it (assuming he does), knowing that Bret Hart held that same belt, would be a great moment in history.

How strange would it be if the SD! Championship is actually the ROH Championship, which CM Punk forfeited to the WWE when he signed. CM Punk then debuts on SD! and says he should get a SD! Title shot then. The United States Championship is stripped from Orlando Jordan, and is sent down to ROH where it becomes the new ROH Championship.

It would never happen, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea if it did, and would be a big slap in the face to Samoa Joe, but it's that sort of stuff that will get ROH noticed even further.