PDA

View Full Version : Potential No Way Out Matches

The CyNick
01-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I read this on another wrestling forum (so take it for what its worth):

Basically the WWE sent out a memo for media in the San Fransisco area regarding the No Way Out PPV in February. The memo indicates the following matches for the show:

WWE Title
Brock vs Eddie

US Title
Show vs Cena

CW Title
Chavo vs Rey

Nothing really earth shattering there. Its in California, so you would expect the Latino guys would get a big push. My guess (if this is accuarte, and of course things can always change) is that Kurt will cost Eddie the title, which will set up their match for Mania and kick off Angle's heel turn. Cena will probably get the US strap, unless they decide to hold that off till Mania. And with Chavo, I can see him getting the title here, to keep him from falling off the face of the earth after the fued with Eddie ends (plus he could brag to Eddie that he has a title and Eddie doesn't therefore he is better). That could then lead to a rematch with Rey at Mania (maybe a Ladder Match or soemthing).

c4g2
01-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Nothing really earth shattering there. Its in California, so you would expect the Latino guys would get a big push. My guess (if this is accuarte, and of course things can always change) is that Kurt will cost Eddie the title, which will set up their match for Mania and kick off Angle's heel turn.

That's what I was thinking too. Chavo would make a nice Cruiserweight champ, and the stage will be set for Cena to be US champ, although I think this match should be set for the RR, so Cena can gain some reputation as champion.

Savio
01-17-2004, 01:31 AM
I read this on another wrestling forum (so take it for what its worth):
WWE Title
Brock vs Eddie

I think That forum lied.

Sephiroth
01-17-2004, 06:03 AM
I think That forum lied.

Yeah maybe it's a lie, but i would not mind seeing Brock against Eddie.

AareDub
01-17-2004, 03:11 PM
I think That forum lied.

Nope, it's been confirmed

Mikey
01-17-2004, 03:41 PM
If the Eddie Guererro-Brock Lesnar match happens I think that would be a great chance for Eddie to proove himslef as a main eventer in Smackdown and maybe get a chance to wear the World Title in the future

loopydate
01-17-2004, 03:43 PM
I like the thought of Eddie in a PPV main event. I also like the thought of an Eddie/Angle WM match. This would be very cool if it were to happen.

MVP
01-17-2004, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't believe you if I didn't see the last Smackdown, but there's many signs that point to those matches at No Way Out. Eddie and Kurt's locker room angle was a small spark to light their upcoming feud. Glad to see that Big Show will inevitably defend the US title, and hopefully drop it to Cena who should give back the credibility the belt deserves. Chavo's recent push indicates that WWE might actually use him for something good.

Leaves me to ponder one thing; where does Goldberg come in?