PDA

View Full Version : For the next couple of days i will pick a subtopic about a final fantasy game

Splaya
12-09-2003, 11:38 PM
Today's topic: Out of final fantasy 7,8,9,10 which one had the best music and name your favorite theme

My personal favorite would be 8 and coming in with a close 2nd is 7. My favorite theme would have to be the Final Battle theme with Ultimecia and your party. Where she has totally stopped time.

Post your favorites and there will be a new one soon

road doggy dogg
12-10-2003, 02:14 AM
What

6 is better than them all, Uematsu is God :mad:

But of them, FF7's boss music is pretty f'n awesome

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Today's topic: Out of final fantasy 7,8,9,10 which one had the best music and name your favorite theme

My personal favorite would be 8 and coming in with a close 2nd is 7. My favorite theme would have to be the Final Battle theme with Ultimecia and your party. Where she has totally stopped time.

Post your favorites and there will be a new one soon

I so totaly agree with you, Final Fantasy 8 rocks great story line, and the Final Battle Theme with Ultimecia and your party rocked also :y: :yes:

Ninti the Mad
12-10-2003, 12:34 PM
I am partial to the scene where Aeris/Aerith dies.

When that ball hits the floor, my guard dropped, and it made me sad and angry.

It was a definite moment in gaming I will NEVER forget.

Also, the battle music is awesome.

----------------
*spoiler*
Second would be 9. The ending where they finally meet up when she thinks Zidane is dead.

MrMeJW
12-10-2003, 12:51 PM
I am partial to the scene where Aeris/Aerith dies.

When that ball hits the floor, my guard dropped, and it made me sad and angry.

It was a definite moment in gaming I will NEVER forget.

Also, the battle music is awesome.

Yeah that is my most memorable moment in a videogame. I had the burn in the back of my throat afterwards but I kept strong:'(

LoDownM
12-10-2003, 11:06 PM
My FF list goes

And, I haven't beat the others. Sue me :mad:

And, I never get to see Aries' ultimate limit break, she dies before I can get it charged :mad:

Sin Harvest
12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
I make sure Aeris has her level 4 limit before I even set foot in the Temple of the Ancients, but I just go crazy as far as levelling up goes in FF7. E.G. I have Meteorain and Finishing Touch before I leave Midgar, I'm not bullshitting either! When I finish Disc 1, Cloud is at level 60. I've played through that game SOOOOOOOOO many times.

Demon's Gate, remember him? All my mates found him totally fu</>cking difficult to beat, I did on my first try through the game. But now here is what I do: level Cloud, Cid and Aeris WAAAAAAAAY UP so that Cloud has all his limit breaks, Cid has all his and Aeris has her ultimate limit break. Give them their strongest weapons at the point in the game (Cloud = Nail Bat, Cid = Dragoon Lance, Aeris = Princess Guard), so maximum damage is dealt. Then fight after killing the Red Dragon so that everyone has a full limit gauge. Then fight Demon's Gate.

First use Great Gospel by Aeris, fully recovering the party and rendering them invincible (for brief period of time), then use Big Brawl by Cid (MASSIVE DAMAGE!), then Meteorain by Cloud...DIE.

To answer this thread, I think 7 has better music. Aeris' theme brings a tear to my eye, and the One Winged Angel theme (battle against Safer Sephiroth) is amazing, as well as the regular boss battles. But 8 has honourable mentions, Eyes On Me, Rinoa's theme and the Sorceress boss battles.

road doggy dogg
12-16-2003, 10:44 AM
My FF list goes

And, I haven't beat the others. Sue me :mad:

And, I never get to see Aries' ultimate limit break, she dies before I can get it charged :mad:

You should play 5, it rules :mad:

Get the ROM of it or something, I don't think it's available in North America :o (unless it's on one of those package dealies on PSX)

Apocolyptik1
12-18-2003, 03:38 AM
6 is the best. 5 and 7 are cool. 4 is cool just cause it was the first game I ever played when I was 7 years of age. 9 was cool cause it brought back the 4 party system and it didnt strive to making everything look like 8 tried to. 8 and 10 eat nuts cause everyone says they are good just on the basis of graphics. Both storylines blow and I boykott X-2. I am currently playing 11 online and enjoying every minute of it.

Sin Harvest
12-19-2003, 07:27 AM
8 and 10 eat nuts cause everyone says they are good just on the basis of graphics. Both storylines blow...

I liked them personally, the graphics are amazing, but I thought the storylines were good, nothing in comparison to 7, but I still enjoyed playing them tremendously.

When the shit is Final Fantasy 3 being released in the UK?! Everyone is giving this game major praise, I feel I'm missing out here :'(

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Eh, 8 wasn't like, horrible or anything. Just when you compare it to 7... yeah, let-down city :$

I dunno about in the UK... 3 is basically 6, so if you see that anywhere, that's the game that everyone's talking about. I don't know if you guys have the PSX releases of the games over there. Like "Final Fantasy Anthology" or whatever, has 2 of the old games on it, plus there's another one. I dunno if that's North America only though :-\

Sin Harvest
12-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Got them both yeah, Final Fantasy Anthology and that other one, can't remember what its called though.

But here in the UK, Anthology is 4 and 5, the other is 1 and 2, and there is a normal version of FF6, no FF3 though...

If you say FF6 is like FF3, better get playing it...

Ninti the Mad
12-19-2003, 05:49 PM
The other one is Final Fantasy Chronicles

It has Chrono Trigger on it. :drool:

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Yeah it's pretty crazy, I don't know how they all work. :o

Well, FF3 is what the game was originally released as in Japan. FF6 is the American version, I think. As far as I know, there's no real differences in difficulty or anything (like how FF2 is supposedly much harder than 4 or whatever), just the translation. I could be wrong though

Ninti the Mad
12-19-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure but I think the Japanese counterparts have an increased monster encounter rate.

Apocolyptik1
12-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Crono Trigger Kicks Ass

Sin Harvest
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
The other one is Final Fantasy Chronicles

It has Chrono Trigger on it. :drool:

Thats the one, cheers mate.

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah I thought it was something like Chronicles or something like that

I'm not sure WHAT the differences are, but I have heard from many sites and magazines and stuff that the Japanese versions are more difficult. Maybe it's the increased monster encounters, I'm not sure :o

Sin Harvest
12-19-2003, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure but I think the Japanese counterparts have an increased monster encounter rate.

Knowing the Japanese I would doubt that.

Theoretically, that would up the difficulty of the game, and the Japanese hate games that are too challenging (Tomb Raider especially).

So I'd say the American/European versions of Final Fantasies would be the most likely to have higher enemy encounter rates.

Sin Harvest
12-19-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah I thought it was something like Chronicles or something like that

I'm not sure WHAT the differences are, but I have heard from many sites and magazines and stuff that the Japanese versions are more difficult. Maybe it's the increased monster encounters, I'm not sure :o

Hmmm, thats 2 people thinking the same thing here, wonder if its me that is wrong then?

The Japanese could just hate certain genre of games, RPG's are clearly their favourites.