PDA

View Full Version : War of the Worlds

BCWWF
06-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Has anybody else seen this yet? I didn't see a thread in here about it.

I saw it last night and I thought it was a pretty sweet movie. I'm not normally into action movies, but with a guy like Spielberg directing it wasn't like most action movies. The special effects were amazing and not overdone, like they are in most movies now days. The storyline had a few holes but overall it was good.

The holes in the plot I found were: (SPOILERS)

*I thought it was kind of BS how the whole family was alive and well while waiting in Boston

*The kid definately died, based on what happened there is no way he should have been alive in the end.

*It would take quite a bit of time to get from New York to Boston on foot, especially with an attack like that. It would be days straight of walking methinks.

*It didn't do a great job of explaining why the ships forcefield went down.

But to me, those were all made to be minor details because Spielberg is a good director like that. I just thought a lot of the visuals were sweet and overall it was a pretty good storyline. I would give it probably 8/10 and recommend you see it while its still in the theaters. It's probably not going to go down as an all time great movie, but it is definately worth seeing while in theaters.

DS
06-30-2005, 08:32 PM
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29788

The Mackem
07-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Could save this thread and make it about the originial.