PDA

View Full Version : This Rey/Eddie feud is Unbelievable

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Seriously this feud is shaping up to be one of the top 10 feuds I've ever seen in professional wrestling. I really have trouble hating heels these days, but tonight I really wanted Eddie to get the shit kicked out of him. Eddie really has that "bad guy" in a movie feel to him that you just want to see die by the end of the movie. Eddie has really come a long way from the last heel character he played. I never thought he could get booed, but he's getting some major heat. Even from the Latino fan base.

And you definately have to give just a much credit to Rey. How can you not sympathize with him. The emotion he showed tonight was done so well. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I also love the fact that Eddie hasn't beaten the guy yet, but keeps his heat every single time after he loses. He's actually getting more heel heat, which is very very tough to do when you lose so many times. Eddie seems to be in control all the time and definately is after tonight.

Anyway, just wanted to praise the feud and to me it will go down as one of the greatest ever seen.

Gouda
06-30-2005, 09:18 PM
***SPOILERS***

Yeah. I'm just worried that they're going to ruin it with those whole secret thing and reveal something stupid like Eddie and Rey had a brief homoerotic fling with each other. (Which Rey doesn't want his family to know about).

The CyNick
06-30-2005, 09:19 PM
I really like it thus far. I thought it would be winding down, but this new angle has made me want to see them keep going for a while.

BTW LC, check you PM (it includes SD spoilers so read at your own risk).

Hired Hitman
06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
I guess you can say he's getting Latino... Heat :lol: :shifty: :o

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2005, 09:26 PM
The only complaint I have about this feud (not having seen SmackDown!, mind you) is that the feud doesn't seem to be evolving. At first it was great, and Eddie's beatdown of Rey will be something I'll remember forever, but from there it just took the "Eddie can't be Rey so he attacks him from behind with a steel chair" route, which I think it is better than. W

What I loved about this feud at first was that you had no clue what Eddie was thinking. Was Eddie trying to prove to himself that he is still WWE Championship worthy? Was Guerrero trying to break the chains that prevented him from excelling? Was Eddie just pissed he couldn't beat Rey Rey? Was it Rey slapping Eddie that sent him over the edge? Was it the misunderstanding Rey had for Eddie's actions? We may never know, which makes Eddie Guerrero completely impossible to fully understand, and completely impossible to fully sympathise with.

I like the way Eddie Guerrero isolated himself, and has embraced it. He's become a wrestling entity, living and breathing to climb to the top again. Looking at the guy, and I by no means mean this in an offensive way to Eddie, it is merely a compliment of his acting skills, but it seems to me as if Eddie has isolated himself even from his Christian beliefs and has turned himself into the devil himself.

Eddie is easily one of the best heels in the history of the business, and I hope they don't blow that by having him lose EVERY encounter he has with Mysterio, and I hope we see Eddie capture the World Heavyweight Championship. Face Eddie may not have been able to cope with carryng the top belt as a babyface, but Evil Eddie deserves to be in the main event of WrestleMania, and I can't think of a better heel for a face to overcome.

The CyNick
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Theres a major evolution in the program on SD.

Batsu
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Yep. No one should underestimate the sheer heel power of Guerrero.
I remember when he got "X-Pac Heat" when he first came to WWE...but this here, is really pulling the real stuff. The "throw cups and crap into the ring" heat.

Face Heely
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Aww man, I wanted to be the first to make an "Uncle Eddie" appreciation thread...

Seriously, though, that promo gave me shivers. Eddie's the kind of heel that you cannot take your eyes off, and his style is very genuine (especially the mixing in of all those Spanish phrases). I, like Gouda, was terrified that "the truth" would be something awfully predictable and "writer-y," but the longer Eddie teased Rey, and the more Rey just submitted, without fighting back (adding to the unexpected and surreal cerebral feel of the whole segment), the more I got the feeling that these two guys could sell any punchline anybody in the WWE could come up with.

Also, I totally got a Raven-Sandman vibe seeing Eddie with Rey's kid...and dat? Dat's cool. (I don't care if he's not on this show anymore, I'm still gonna keep using that catchphrase like the damned Carlito mark I am!)

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 09:30 PM
"Evolving" is the term I would say the feud HAS been doing. Has Been doing every single week, which many feuds don't anymore. It's not a heel beats babyface, babyface gets revenge kind of feud that you see all the time. It's one of a kind.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 09:32 PM
and you know Eddie and Rey are mostly in charge of this whole thing. I can't see the writers writing this kind of stuff at all. I think they gave Eddie and Rey a lot of freedom here and it shows

The CyNick
06-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Its like Foley-Orton and the Christain-Trish-Jericho deal. Those fueds apparently were done mostly by the workers, and those were two of the best programs in the last 3 years.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 09:39 PM
And while we're talking Smackdown, that Mexi-cool segment was done pretty good as well. I can't believe they are actually letting these 3 come in and get over like that.

Batsu
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
And while we're talking Smackdown, that Mexi-cool segment was done pretty good as well. I can't believe they are actually letting these 3 come in and get over like that.

Yeah. I HATE the name Mexi-cool, but LMFAO, Juventud = GOLD. It's a shame he's on "edit-happy" SmackDown, so we can't really get to see the live reactions to him as they actually were.

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
"Evolving" is the term I would say the feud HAS been doing. Has Been doing every single week, which many feuds don't anymore. It's not a heel beats babyface, babyface gets revenge kind of feud that you see all the time. It's one of a kind.

I agree with that, but it just seems the feud has been burning off the same fires the whole time. It's still great, but I think it could be greater, especially if Eddie and Rey are allowed to take it as far or as little as they want.

Maybe I am digging too much into the Eddie Guerrero character, but am I the only one tht would mark out for an Eddie promo where he drops a line like "To become WWE Champion I had to overcome my demons...WELL NOW I'M ENSLAVING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

*SmackDown! Spoilers to my understanding*

I hope Eddie's secret is a bombshell. Not a Katie Vick-style bombshell, but one that really motivates the storyline even further. For some reason I want to see this secret played out as a weapon that Eddie uses to beat Rey.

What would truly be a promo of a lifetime is Eddie coming out and dressing down Rey, talking about how Mysterio, the fans, the commentators and everyone else takes pride in watching Rey beat Eddie, as if it proves Rey is the better man. Eddie then confirms Rey beat him, but he also confirms that Rey did it without a haunting past like Eddie's trying to pull him down everytime he breathes. A past that tortures the soul at every moment. Then have Eddie say "but you will holmes..." and have Eddie say he will spawn Rey's demons, and watch as the fans, the commentators and everyone else has to say "Eddie beat his demons, but Rey was consumed by his." and have Eddie close wit a line like "La muerte a la familia!" just to drive home the point Eddie Guerrero is going to destroy Rey's life.

I don't mean to sound like I'm poking fun at either man's life, but with pasts like these two have had, these two can really generate more energy than any other feud ever before with a simple promo between the two. Eddie can really cut lose and cut some 5-star stuff, and if he is really motivated, I can guarentee he can have some members of the audience in tears, and that is great accomplishment for any performer; face, heel, wrestler, non-wrestler.

Savio
06-30-2005, 10:40 PM
I missed his promo tonight what did he say?

The CyNick
06-30-2005, 10:50 PM
He did this deal where told Rey he was going to reveal the truth about Rey and his son Domenic.

They showed footage of Eddie in a park talking with Rey's kid and giving him candy. Back in the arena Rey begged Eddie not to reveal "the truth".

It looked like they are saying that Eddie is Dom's real father or something like that.

My guess is that they'll play soimething out where Rey's wife slept with Eddie, maybe Eddie got her drunk or something. And she got pregnant, Eddie used his drug issues as an explanation, Eddie and Rey worked things out, and they decided to have Rey raise the kid as his own and never tell him.

Or maybe Rey's swimmers weren't able to get out of the shallow end, and Eddie gave some of his swimmers so Rey could have a kid. Again, they agreed never to tell Dominic the truth, but now Eddie is going back on that adnd try to ruin Rey's family.

Corkscrewed
07-01-2005, 02:40 AM
The only thing I found ludicrous was Rey's son all going "I love you Uncle Eddie!" :lol: This is the man who beat the shit out of your daddy a few weeks ago and you're completely clueless to it... if I was Rey, I'd tell my son to stay the fuck away from that monster. :rofl:

Other than that... geez, that segment had me on the edge of my seat. What's the secret? Of course, it got off course a bit when they started using unintentional double entendres... even my brother was like "Eddie's gonna reveal their gay affair" or "Rey... I AM YOUR FATHER!!!"

Anyway, taking it personal is the logical step, but the intensity of this is just amazing. I've called Eddie the most complete package in the biz, and I reiterate it. He's got amazing mic skills and charisma. He's technically sound. He can be a great face or heel. He can wrestle any style. He's a respectable human being. Five star wrestler right there. IMO, he's even better than Angle or Benoit.

I'm thinking the "secret" is something along the lines of what CyNick said as well, but great job just playing up the drama.

Did anyone else get some serious chills when Eddie went, "Hey... you want some candy?"

Me: CREEEEEPY!!!! CREEEEEEEEEEEPY!!!!!

I <3 Eddie Guerrero.

vaglicker99
07-01-2005, 03:01 AM
wow i think they are/were gay.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2005, 06:05 AM
wow i think they are/were gay.

Wrassphlemy.

I take back what I said earlier. Tonight was THE night of the feud for me. Eddie brought up his past, talked about he knows he's the better man and always wins, and how he'll make Rey his bitch one way or another.

Rey carried his end as well, and it doesn't feel like wrestling melodrama, it feels like life. This promo made my stomache turn, in a good way. I felt the emotion, and when Rey got on his knees for Eddie, I could feel the love he has for his son, and how he doesn't want anything to disrupt that. It made Eddie seem like a bastard, his methods are nearly understandable (maybe I'm just sick), but he still seems like a bastard.

As for what the secret could be, I'm guessing Eddie knocked up Mrs Mysterio one night. I'm not sure how long Rey and his wife have been married, but (storyline-wise) it makes sense that someone very close to Rey would be very close to Eddie. They may not even take the adultery route with this thing, and just have it play out Eddie was sleeping with Rey's wife back then, before she married Rey, then they had a kid, but Rey married her, etc.

It makes sense the kid still loves Uncle Eddie. I mean who watches SD!? How would he know Eddie's evil? :shifty:

Seriously, though, I can easily see Rey Rey keeping his professional life away from personal, and not letting his family watch him getting his ass kicked on SmackDown! (it is taped remember). Mysterio promises his wife that everything will work out, and he and Eddie will reconcile, then Eddie goes and visits Rey's kid, who might even still think Eddie & Rey are WWE Tag Team Champions or something.

PorkSoda
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
The skit with Eddie and Rey's son was hilarious. It's always funny to hear Guerrero call someone "Holmes" and "Paco Loco" or whatever he's saying. "Hey Dominic, you want some candy, holmes? Show me how fast you can go down that thing....the slide. Very good, essay."

But yeah, it is definitly a good feud.

Corkscrewed
07-01-2005, 11:20 AM
"Hey Dominic, you want some candy, holmes? Show me how fast you can go down that thing....the slide. Very good, essay."

:lol: ... see, that part gave me some serious chills. He was so disturbingly creepy.

The CyNick
07-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I dont think its a big deal that Rey's kid still likes Eddie.

This often plays out in real life. You can say siblings fighting with one another, but they dont let it afftect their kids because thats their "Uncle" or whatever. The issue is with the parents, not the kids.

Now, obviously this is a step above because Eddie is trying to cripple Rey, but still. I'd also swallow the deal that Rey wouldn't let his kid watch SD while this fued is going on.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I know some people may be pissed at the idea, but I hope they have Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero at The Great American Bash, where Rey Mysterio lies down for Eddie. Eddie uses the secret to force Mysterio down into a loss, then Eddie tells everyone on SD! anyway, so Rey wants another match for revenge.

They just did a Hell in a Cell, but this feud would have really been good to settle in the Cell. Maybe we'll see the return of "3 Stages of Hell" for The Bash?

Hired Hitman
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I think it has something to do with Dominic being adopted... but that wouldn't be that good, but it'll explain why Rey doesn't want it said, he wants Dominic to have a good life... but he also has a daughter so I don't know... unless Eddie is Rey's Children's Father... :eek: ... that could be... interesting... I'll just have to wait and see because it could be just about anything... maybe he cheated on his wife... or made a bet using a personal item or a lot of the families money... we'll see, we'll see.

Innovator
07-01-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah Eddie is either Dominic's real dad, or Dominic is adopted or something like that.

I just hope they don't fuck up the best thing going on Smackdown until Christian and Batista came.

LK
07-01-2005, 07:42 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to praise both workers. Eddie Guerrero is a terrific all round worker. He is up there with the best of them in terms of wrestling, he has the mic skills to cut a promo which people remember and he is possibly the best actor in the WWE. The way he has performed in the last few months has been absolutely brilliant and in my mind he is the worker of the year so far.

But this whole angle wouldn't have worked as well as it has if it weren't for Rey. Got to give him credit as he has also played his part in the angle perfectly. Like LC said, it is impossible not to have sympathy for him. His best friend turns on him and now there is this secret.

The story has been told perfectly and I really hope that it gets the ending that it deserves. I can't wait to see how the story continues to evolve. On ething I am sure of is that it can't finish at the Great American Bash. I can see this going on past Summerslam now.

Marcyo
07-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Eddie Guerrero is a terrific all round worker. He is up there with the best of them in terms of wrestling, he has the mic skills to cut a promo which people remember and he is possibly the best actor in the WWE. The way he has performed in the last few months has been absolutely brilliant and in my mind he is the worker of the year so far.

:yes:

snakeboss
07-03-2005, 01:21 PM
I can see Eddie being Dominic's real father, Eddie had an affair with Rey's wife. But Rey forgave him and they raised the child as their own. I'm guessing Eddie's gonna order Rey around, and finally, he'll tell Rey to lie down so Eddie can pin him, meaning Eddie has finally defeated Rey Mysterio. Rey goes to, but then refuses. Eddie then tells the crowd he's Dominic's father and he wants custody of Dominic. Rey tells him, if Eddie defeats Rey at the Great American Bash, he can get custody of Dominic, if Eddie loses, he must never bother them again.

Just John
07-03-2005, 01:25 PM
I'll admit its not too shabby

Mayo
07-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Eddie Guerrero has really stepped up his game, and the psychology and mic work that's going into this feud is remarkable. Eddie looks like he's bulked up even more and looks like a friggin' tank! Rey is also doing a great job in playing a scared face hiding the secret and I can't wait to watch Smackdown to see how this plays out :y:

Flagg77
07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
...They just did a Hell in a Cell, but this feud would have really been good to settle in the Cell. Maybe we'll see the return of "3 Stages of Hell" for The Bash?

It should end with some sort of gimmick match. A "Dominick on a Pole" match.

I think the secret will definitely involve Eddie's relationship with Dom. Oh, and why hasn't Rey become champion yet?

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2005, 05:40 AM
Seriously, this feud could really becomeTommy Dreamer/Raven-esque. It doesn't need to end, and can just bring in more guys into play and help them find a footing in the WWE.

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero in a final confrontation between the two at WrestleMania 22 would be a sole reason to buy the event. Until then you could have The Mexicools join up with Eddie Guerrero, Paul London & Heidenreich join up with Rey Mysterio, etc.

But yeah, Eddie deserves a run at the top as a heel. He's the bets one in the WWE right now, and he wouldn't need to carry the company (as much) as a heel.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-04-2005, 06:18 AM
THey could do amazing things with this.... For example

Say Eddie has someone who joins with him to beat down Rey, and Batista comes out to help Rey. Later, Eddie fights Batista for the belt, and Eddie forces Rey to interfere on his behalf, costing Batista the title, and his friendship with Rey.

Then you could have a David Vs Golliath feud between Rey and Batista, with Eddie still pulling strings in the background...

Also, I so want a Raven/Sandman moment in this, where Rey's kid starts riding out with Eddie, and loves Eddie more than Rey, etc.

Corkscrewed
07-04-2005, 02:37 PM
lol... that'd be crazy, but you might have some ECW marks up in arms. :lol:

But that sort of Raven/Dreamer type of thing would work well. This gets DEEPLY personal... people buy that sort of stuff. It's real. It makes sense. It's captivating.

Team Sheep
07-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Lol, that Domanic boy is talented.

LK
07-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Bastards on Sky Sports edited the segment so I didn't see the bit when Eddie was talking to Dominic.

Deceit
07-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I totally agree. Incredible feud and definitely one of my favorites of all time :y:

Team Sheep
07-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Bastards on Sky Sports edited the segment so I didn't see the bit when Eddie was talking to Dominic.

Strange. They showed it on Experience earlier at 5:00pm, which is daytime viewing. Must have been a morning thing (I assume you watched it Saturday morning?). I saw it Friday night, awesome. :D :y:

LK
07-04-2005, 05:31 PM
No I watched it on Friday as well. Eddie cut the first part of his promo then talked about something involving one of Rey's family. Then it cut to a "don't try this at home" thing then came back with Rey coming out.

Team Sheep
07-04-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw the whole thing. :-\

Mr. Obvious
07-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Eddie Guerrero is God... well, co-God with Kurt Angle, at least. He's the guy who should be carrying the belt and headlining PPVs, not the likes of Batista and the watered down version of John Cena. He and Kurt Angle are the best overall talents in the business today (and possibly of all time as well).