PDA

View Full Version : What is it about announcers

The One
07-01-2005, 02:32 AM
Is it just me or is JR starting to sound more and more like John Madden, not in the vocal quality mind you, just that they both start going down a path of verbal vomit. Honest to god, these people are paid to talk about what they see, but they constantly fuck that up.

Either one: What we have here is nothing more then a beat down. Down is the direction you would need to go if you wanted to head south, unless you are already south of the middle of the world, which is not the middle east which is a scary place, and by the way we love you guys over there, not the bad guys of course but our boys in uniform, and a manly uniform at that, you know what else is manly hot food, i like barbeque sauce on food, but sometimes it gives me a heart burn...

Corkscrewed
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
lol

Well, this gives me the opportunity to tweak the topic a bit. Tonight on SD, Tazz did a hilarious but excellent job of selling JBL and Christian when he said, "Listen to those cheers Christian's getting... shows how much people hate JBL!"

In just that short sentence, he puts over how despicable JBL is and what a great heel Christian is while logically covering up for his face pops. Tazz = :y: :y:

darkpower
07-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Is it just me or is JR starting to sound more and more like John Madden, not in the vocal quality mind you, just that they both start going down a path of verbal vomit. Honest to god, these people are paid to talk about what they see, but they constantly fuck that up.

Either one: What we have here is nothing more then a beat down. Down is the direction you would need to go if you wanted to head south, unless you are already south of the middle of the world, which is not the middle east which is a scary place, and by the way we love you guys over there, not the bad guys of course but our boys in uniform, and a manly uniform at that, you know what else is manly hot food, i like barbeque sauce on food, but sometimes it gives me a heart burn...
I agree with you, although I have to say, Madden still has some left of what got him to the top, unlike JR.

One thing else I get sick of is people picking on Michael Cole. OK, so he's not the best announcer in the game and has made some botches. Hasn't everyone? He's still ten times easier to listen to than JR or the King ever will be, IMO. Yet I see wrestling fans (not necessarily on here, I've seen TPWW people tending to be nicer to him than most other sites I've visited) blast him every chance they get. Probably because people on those sites are still bitter about him "blowing" the WM 15 championship match ending (talk about holding a grudge). My advice is to listen to JR blubber through his lines all through RAW and the King's tendency to always wanting to say things in between a wrestler's words during a promo. Then listen to Cole and Tazz have a bit of a cleaner flow through SmackDown, as if they know what they want to say even though they might fuck up a move name a bit, and be almost dead quiet throughout a promo, and you will see why I would pick the SD team over the RAW team anyday of the week.

road doggy dogg
07-01-2005, 02:44 AM
BOOM

Batsu
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
One thing else I get sick of is people picking on Michael Cole. OK, so he's not the best announcer in the game and has made some botches. Hasn't everyone? He's still ten times easier to listen to than JR or the King ever will be, IMO.

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd say I'd rather hear Michael Cole over JR/King. But now, the team of Cole and Tazz have surpassed them. Once Tazz got over trying to emulate King's cheering for the heels, and let his knowledge shine, while at the same time providing balance for Cole (who has considerably cut down on a lot of the hyperbole that made his announcing unbearable in the past)...the two of them finally "clicked". Now, when I see old tapes of SmackDown, and hear the Cole/King announcing team, that really seems weird for Tazz not to be there (sorta like it's weird that Bill "Hugh Morrus" DeMott isn't on Velocity anymore; who IS that buttmunch playing color commentator on that show now?). JR's play-by-play has suffered as of late, and I think, the injection of certain current events commentary really has made them kind of suck at times. King's alright...but he can't do it all.

Innovator
07-01-2005, 12:34 PM
All I remember is John Madden spending the entire third quarter talking about the ass sweat of the Bucs's center.

tucsonspeed6
07-01-2005, 02:29 PM
We should have a "Germany or Florida" game on TPWW, but call it "Madden or JR".

TerranRich
07-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Two words: Frank. Caliendo.

Best comedian in terms of imitating people, especially John Madden. Check him out on LimeWire.

Loose Cannon
07-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw him live. Funny as hell.

thecc
07-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Two words: Frank. Caliendo.

Best comedian in terms of imitating people, especially John Madden. Check him out on LimeWire.Now heres a guy who when he has his contacts sees better.