PDA

View Full Version : WWE Great American Bash - how to book the show?

Somebody's Gotta Die
07-01-2005, 05:29 PM
The draft is finally over and SmackDown! has seen some pretty significant changes...

In my opinion, SmackDown! is indeed a deeper and a fresher show after the draft, however I have no idea where they plan on going with the tag-team title division, which currently consists of MNM, Holly/Haas and the inactive Dudleys...

Feuds are already on the verge of developing and this is what I see happening with the Great American Bash:

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista (champion) vs. JBL

Prediction: Batista retains the championship in a pretty good brawl/powerhouse main event... I give this match about 15-20 minutes... Both guys are big, but have proven they can work some barbaric matches...

United States Heavyweight Championship
Orlando Jordan (champion) vs. William Regal

Prediction: This match is purely something I'd like to see because Orlando Jordan is really burying the title at this point and a credible, over worker must become champion... William Regal deserves the honour based on the midcarders currently getting pushes... We've seen Booker-Jordan, Reich-Jordan, etc. I'd like Regal to win in about 10 minutes or so...

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Paul London vs. Juventud Guerrera

Prediction: I'd have a battle royal to determine a contender for the championship... Put Guerrera, Psicosis, Crazy, Nunzio, Akio, Funaki, Moore, Kidman, Scotty and maybe Spike in the match and have Guerrera win with help from his trio... I'd put the title on Juventud in this one in an approximately 10-minute match and really put over the trio...

Special Challenge Grudge Match
The UnderTaker vs. Muhammad Hassan (w/Daivari)

Prediction: Crowd will eat up Taker and Hassan playing the heel... This match won't be anything special, but it could be all right... Maximum 10 minutes... Could be good to watch and the feud itself still has some time to develop... I'd put Hassan over after interference from Orton... This further builds the Orton-Taker feud and helps put Hassan over upon his appearance on SmackDown!...

Special Challenge Grudge Match
Christian vs. Booker T (w/Sharmell)

Prediction: Match itself could be strong if the crowd gets into it and the delivery isn't sloppy... Obviously put Christian over here... He's the future... Booker used to be great but his time is coming to an end and WWE has buried him to the point where he can't even go over as a legitimate World champion...

Special Challenge 2/3 Falls Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Prediction: End the feud in a classic... Finally put Eddie over in a match that should go about 30-40 minutes... Could be awesome and would be a great way of ending one of the best feuds of the year for SmackDown!...

I have refrained from putting MNM on the show because there is currently no tag-team division until the Dudleys make a return and some tag-teams are formed... Heidenreich vs. MNM is hardly PPV-material and is more of a midcard type of feud...

Randy Orton is currently out of action and I have no idea what the plan is for Chris Benoit... I can see the main event being a triple threat match or Benoit being added to Hassan-Taker or Booker-Christian simply because he's recently been drafted and needs some exposure to go over as a legitimate threat on SmackDown!...

The direction of talents like Charlie Haas, Matt Morgan, Stevie Richards, Simon Dean, Doug Basham , Sylvain Grenier and most of the cruiserweights is currently difficult to see and there is no obvious links...

Hopefully, some direction is added to SmackDown! in the next few weeks in order to rebuild the tag-team division and put over Chris Benoit...

Mayo
07-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Show Torrie Wilson's tits and ass in an Uncle Sam costume :naughty:

M. Banana
07-01-2005, 05:41 PM
TnA all the way.

NoRoolz
07-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Decent card :y:. However the only thing is I wouldn't have Eddie/Rey feud end at G.A.B, I'd rather it continue until SummerSlam...In fact I'd rather it continue all year, I don't want it to end :D. Seriously though keep Rey/Eddie on the card, but not as a feud-ender.

Marcyo
07-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Yep yep, this card looks awesome. I'd like to see that for the GAB.

The CyNick
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
I would do the following:

World Title
JBL-Batista
--Batista retains

Taker-Hassan
--RKO gives Hassan the win, because I hear he needs a big win.

Steel Cage Match
Eddie-Rey
--Eddie probably wins here, but only by escaping the cage, continues the story that Eddie cant beat (re pin/submit) Rey.

US Title
Benoit-OJ
--I say Benoit wins the title here, sets up JBL-Benoit at SS.

We Have No Other Programs Match
Christian-Booker T
--Just give Christian a win here

CW Title
Juvi-London
--Juvi wins the title thanks to Mexicools

6 Person Tag
Heidenreich/Michelle/????-MNM
--MNM win I guess

Probably something involving Torrie and the other Divas, since Torrie is featured on the posters for the show.

Mr. Nerfect
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Both those cards are very similiar to what I have in mind for the event. Here's how I see things going now, with the trades and all:

World Heavyweight Championship
Batista vs. JBL
Winner: Batista via pinfall.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Paul London vs. Juventud (Guerrera, dammit, we won't get confused!)
Winner: Paul London via disqualification. Have Juvi play the veteran that expected a walk in the park, but instead found the battle of a lifetime. Juvi can't put London away, so he brings in Psicosis & Super Crazy to beat him down, leading to a Ladder Match between the two at Summerslam, where The Mexicools help Juventud up the ladder to become the new Cruiserweight Champion.

#1 Contendership for the WWE Untied States Championship
Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan
Winner: Chris Benoit via submission. Have William Regal take the WWE United States Title from Orlando next week on SD!, and have Regal defend the belt against Benoit. Then have these two meet after some kind of confrontation, with both men wanting to face Regal again. Benoit picks up the solid victory and becomes the contender to face the US Champion, who after The Bash is...

WWE United States Championship
William Regal vs. Doug Basham
Winner: Doug Basham via pinfall. Basham plays a heel ally to Randy Orton in coming weeks, and after Regal defeats Orlando and Jordan for the US Title, Doug Basham wins a Royal Rumble and is named #1 Contender.

WWE Tag Team Championship
bWo vs. MNM
Winners: bWo via pinfall. Steven Richards & Simon Dean win the WWE Tag Team Championship on an edition of SD! between now and The Bash, and this rematch takes place. I would love to see Psicosis & Super Crazy get the shot, but since you are taking the belts from MNM, you should reall give them a title shot. Add Holly & Haas, The Mexicools and The Dudleyz later on and have a Tag Team Turmoil.

Grudge Match
The Undertaker vs. Muhammad Hassan
Winner: Muhammad Hassan via pinfall. He gets a little help from the RKO.

Singles Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero
Winner: Eddie Guerrero via pinfall. No match takes place. I know it is a bit of a cheat, but Eddie uses the secret to get Rey to lie down for him. It adds depth to the feud, and when Eddie tells us the secret anyway, we get a Steel Cage Match or something of the like at Summerslam. If you do want to have the match, there is room for it, though.

Grudge Match
Christian vs. Booker T
Winner: Christian via pinfall. Matt Morgan becomes Christian's new Problem Solver.

Singles Match
Charlie Haas vs. Sylvain Grenier
Winner: Sylvain Grenier via pinfall. This is just used as a platform for Grenier to get another singles win.

Tag Team Match
The Mexicools vs. Scotty 2 Hotty & Shannon Moore
Winners: The Mexicools via pinfall. Can anyone say "enhancement talent"? 3L need a solid tag team win before people buy them as a WWE Tag Team Championship material. This would make a great opening match, as Scotty is over with the crowd, Shannon can fly, and Super Crazy/Psicosis are Super Crazy/Psicosis.

Scootie Stankers
07-01-2005, 08:52 PM
THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH

World Heavyweight Title
(C) Batista def. JBL by DQ
- Send this into a multi-PPV fued

Four Corners Match for the United States Championship
Christian def. (C) Orlando Jordan, Booker T, Doug Basham via pinfall on Booker T
- I added Doug Basham as sort of a teammate for OJ, being in JBL's cabinet and all. Other possibilites for the fourth spot would be Grenier, Simon Dean or Stevie Richards.

6 Person Intergender Tag Match
Heidenreich, Michelle McCool and Chris Benoit def. MNM via Pinfall
- Benoit seems like one of those guys who would help out and be a perfect addition in one of these matches. Sort of like what he did for the ECW Rules matches.

Muhammed Hassan w/ Daivari def. The Undertaker via Pinfall
- With help from Randy Orton.

Cruiserweight Championship
The Juice def. Paul London via Pinfall
- Juvi wins with a 450 after the Mexicools lend a hand. Is it me or Paul London has NO PERSONALITY AT ALL. This mini-Ultimate Warrior shit sucks.

Eddie Guerrero wrestles Rey Mysterio to a no-contest. Match never starts as Guerrero attacks Mysterio and threatens Rey with "The Truth". Maybe Matt Morgan is hired help and alsp attacks Mysterio (one time only, give him something to do and maybe a match on Smackdown between Rey and Morgan)

Tag Team Match
Unknown Opponents *BALLS MAHONEY AND AXL ROTTEN* def. Hardcore Haas via pinfall.

What do u think?

Scootie Stankers
07-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Alienoid:

1) Dont take the tag belts off of MNM. A real "TEAM" should keep the belts for a few months... Survivor Series?

2) Benoit and the US belt? not needed anymore.

3) I like the BWO team, I hope they put them together. But they cant win the tag titles this quickly. Plus MNM is good shit.

4) I like the Mexicools vs 2 cruisers match