PDA

View Full Version : The New Kanye West Song

Lotus
07-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah, have any of you heard it? It's called "Diamonds are Forever" or "Diamonds (from Sierra Leone)" or some shit like that. Hella tight song if you're a rap fan; great lyrics and a very solid beat, with good vocal samples, which is the key to any beat. Also, the video music is easily the best music video of 2005. Oh shit, if you're a rap fan, you'll love this song.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Yes... I agree..

Diamonds are forever you know.

el fregadero
07-03-2005, 02:18 AM
I saw the video once, was pretty good. Needs further review though.

Sickboy
07-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Oh my God... you guys fu</>cking suck... Good people but complete idiots.. As long as I care Kanye West can be Jesus Christ reborn but that doesn't change the fact that his "music" sucks big time.

And having said that I'm sure his career will go on forever ever. Forever ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever.

el fregadero
07-03-2005, 05:07 AM
Kanye West is a superb musical talent, Sickboy. You may want to rethink your own musical tastes if you believe Kanye sucks big time.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Ya know, I think el freg has a point.

Lotus
07-03-2005, 02:32 PM
Well I guess Sickboy isn't a rap fan. No problem with that.

Anyways, I can't wait for Late Registration to drop on August 30th. One of the best producers in the game, and some of his raps are pretty tight as well.

Also, I just gotta say that part in the "Diamonds" video where the dude puts the ring on his fiancé's finger and blood starts running up her hand and you can see that little black girl in the mirror who worked to find that shit was hella tight. I swear, if this video came out last year, I would be cumming out of my mouth because of my little trip to El Salvador, where I saw kinda the same shit as what happened in Sierra Leone.

Sickboy
07-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Kanye West is a superb musical talent, Sickboy. You may want to rethink your own musical tastes if you believe Kanye sucks big time.

Damn, you people are weird... Next thing you know you probably want to marry the guys from Coldplay because Coldplay is the greatest band ever, right? :nono:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
07-03-2005, 06:51 PM
I like it when people don't consider something music just because they don't like it.

The Outlaw
07-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Especially when they wear dresses and wear makeup.

Gonzo
07-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I'm all for letting people speak their mind and shit but lets just bash it because of what it is on the cover. Come on.

Kanye West is an excellent producer, as was said and his rap is pretty good as well. I enjoy his stuff, doesn't mean you have to but don't judge a book by its cover and shit.

el fregadero
07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Damn, you people are weird... Next thing you know you probably want to marry the guys from Coldplay because Coldplay is the greatest band ever, right? :nono:
Actually, I can't stand Coldplay.

Dave Youell
07-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Coldplay = Music to slit your wrists to

Silent
07-04-2005, 03:58 AM
When did the opinion of Sickboy have such an impact anyway?

Sickboy
07-04-2005, 01:25 PM
When did the opinion of Sickboy have such an impact anyway?

Because I'm a God among men?

Sickboy
07-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Actually, I can't stand Coldplay.

Ok, now you and I can be best friends again. :y:

Sickboy
07-04-2005, 01:29 PM
I like it when people don't consider something music just because they don't like it.

That's because rap isn't music. Rap is black men with lot's of jewelry who throw cash on the ground on music videos that have a lot of women shaking their asses in bikinis. If you don't have those, you're not a real rapper.

Lotus
07-04-2005, 01:43 PM
That's because rap isn't music. Rap is black men with lot's of jewelry who throw cash on the ground on music videos that have a lot of women shaking their asses in bikinis. If you don't have those, you're not a real rapper.
Uh, way to stereotype a whole genre of music.

Sickboy
07-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Uh, way to stereotype a whole genre of music.

It's my right.

If you even had a clue of all the horrible things that rap has caused you would agree with me. When I watch the music channels from the satellite there's nothing but rap (or dance/pop)... and no, not just black american guys, but white german and polish guys using their own languages... Can you imagine the horror when you flip through the channels and there's nothing but rap in german or in polish? You can't, can you? If you would just know you wouldn't like rap either.

And I don't hate all rap or R'n'B, just bad ones. You know, like Houston, Fat Joe, R. Kelly, Chingy, Fat Fu</>ckhead & friends, Nelly, etc. + EVERY SINGLE GERMAN AND POLISH RAPPER.

I don't know about you guys but the best rap song I have heard probably is DMX's X Gon Give It To Ya... and I'm probably the only one who likes it.

el fregadero
07-04-2005, 03:02 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/01/27/beastie_gallery__550x389.jpg

Loose Cannon
07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
lol Fat Fuckhead and freinds

The Outlaw
07-04-2005, 07:29 PM
You shouldn't even be allowed to talk, actually.

Lotus
07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
It's my right.

If you even had a clue of all the horrible things that rap has caused you would agree with me. When I watch the music channels from the satellite there's nothing but rap (or dance/pop)... and no, not just black american guys, but white german and polish guys using their own languages... Can you imagine the horror when you flip through the channels and there's nothing but rap in german or in polish? You can't, can you? If you would just know you wouldn't like rap either.

And I don't hate all rap or R'n'B, just bad ones. You know, like Houston, Fat Joe, R. Kelly, Chingy, Fat Fu</>ckhead & friends, Nelly
I'm seeing the same fucking things you are seeing, flipping through every music channel and it's predominantly rap videos. I don't like most of that shit either, some of it is pretty good. And yeah, I hate Nelly, Houston, Chingy as well, and I'm not the biggest fan of Fat Joe as well, or R. Kelly. But that's like only a small portion of the rap out there.

So yeah, I know what you are talking about, except for the European shit. But I see that other shit, and it doesn't make me hate rap.

The Outlaw
07-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah you gotta look around you lazy fuck

What Would Kevin Do?
07-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I see the same thing to...

And I love DMX, and X Gonna give it to ya. (what?)

And Kanye West is the shit.

el fregadero
07-05-2005, 03:36 AM
R.Kelly is the man, haters.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-05-2005, 03:37 AM
I wanna piss on you...

el fregadero
07-05-2005, 03:39 AM
So he likes to pee on underage girls...big deal.

Blanka
07-05-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm not a rap fan, really. But Diamonds or whatever is awesome. I really like this song.

Sickboy
07-05-2005, 07:24 AM
You shouldn't even be allowed to talk, actually.

Hey, don't playa hate me, bitch

Gertner
07-05-2005, 01:09 PM
It's my right.

And I don't hate all rap or R'n'B, just bad ones. You know, like Houston, Fat Joe, R. Kelly, Chingy, Fat Fu</>ckhead & friends, Nelly, etc. + EVERY SINGLE GERMAN AND POLISH RAPPER.

I don't know about you guys but the best rap song I have heard probably is DMX's X Gon Give It To Ya... and I'm probably the only one who likes it.

all rock is , is a bunch of guys who shoot up heroin and sing about how much their life sucks.

See how stupid that sounds.

Sickboy
07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
all rock is , is a bunch of guys who shoot up heroin and sing about how much their life sucks.

But who listen to rock anyway they all asked

Blanka
07-05-2005, 06:12 PM

Only emo fuckheads complain about life anymore so shut the fuck up

Fignuts
07-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm not a big fan of rap but this song is pretty good. Although the dozens of "eva eva? fo' eva eva"s seem a little out of place.

Fignuts
07-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Blanka is the next big thing.

Savio
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
It ain't new

Baio
07-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Oh my God... you guys fu</>cking suck... Good people but complete idiots.. As long as I care Kanye West can be Jesus Christ reborn but that doesn't change the fact that his "music" sucks big time.

And having said that I'm sure his career will go on forever ever. Forever ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever. Ever, ever.

I bet you listen to really shitty dark metal and goth metal because nobody likes you and you need something loud to mask your tears before you sleep. Bitch.

Sickboy
07-06-2005, 03:12 AM
I bet you listen to really shitty dark metal and goth metal because nobody likes you and you need something loud to mask your tears before you sleep. Bitch.

:lol:

Gertner
07-06-2005, 12:44 PM

lol dude what the hell are you talking about? I was making a comment on how stupid it is to stereotype music genres. I guess another year in grade 3 would help you.

Blanka
07-06-2005, 05:22 PM
lol dude what the hell are you talking about? I was making a comment on how stupid it is to stereotype music genres. I guess another year in grade 3 would help you.

You are an idiot wrapped in moron, shut the fuck up.

Silent
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
It's my right.

So you like a rap song, but you spend all this effort talking about how rap sucks, and stereotyping the genre in several posts.

You are a douchebag.

Sickboy
07-08-2005, 05:17 AM
So you like a rap song, but you spend all this effort talking about how rap sucks, and stereotyping the genre in several posts.

You are a douchebag.

And you are insignificant.

Silent
07-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Funny, I don't remember my alleged significance having anything to do with your bullshit generalizations of rap music, or rappers themselves. Fuckwad.

el fregadero
07-08-2005, 06:52 PM
Does the fact that you are the only one who likes "X Gon Give It To Ya" help you realize anything about your thoughts on music, Sickboy?

Sickboy
07-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Does the fact that you are the only one who likes "X Gon Give It To Ya" help you realize anything about your thoughts on music, Sickboy?

Can you rephrase the question?

el fregadero
07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Nobody else likes your favorite rap song, maybe this shows you that you don't know much about rap music and shouldn't be arguing in a Kanye West thread.

Lotus
07-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Well said, el freg :y:

What Would Kevin Do?
07-09-2005, 03:59 AM
I like X Gon Give It To YA

M. Banana
07-09-2005, 04:01 AM
I like X Gon Give It To YA

Me too. WHAT

Sickboy
07-09-2005, 05:05 AM
Nobody else likes your favorite rap song, maybe this shows you that you don't know much about rap music and shouldn't be arguing in a Kanye West thread.

Oh, now I got it!

Well okay, maybe you are right, people should have the right to listen to whatever they want.

It's just that I usually hate it when people do or say they like something just because it's "cool". You know, like it's cool to say Coldplay is greatest band in the world, it's cool to say Kanye West is great, it's cool to dig 50 Cent, it's cool to hate Fred Durst, it's cool to say you're bisexual (especially if you're a girl) and it's cool to say you're all depressed and cut yourself, etc.

But fine, if you really like Kanye West, then you like him and I guess it's ok.

Lotus
07-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I see where you are coming from, Sickboy. I'm sure all of us here don't like him because he is "popular" though. I, for one, like him because of his fresh-sounding production and the way he raps. :y:

el fregadero
07-10-2005, 03:13 AM
I like him because he's popular. Same reason I like the Backstreet Boys and 50 Cent.

Silent
07-10-2005, 02:55 PM
All that just because you thought we were trying to jump on the bandwagon? Spaz.

The Outlaw
07-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I like him because he's popular. Same reason I like the Backstreet Boys and 50 Cent.
+ Jessica Simpson

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2005, 06:52 PM
a very solid beat, with good vocal samples, which is the key to any beat.

No it's not..

Sampling is aiight and added alot to Hip Hop but not every "great" beat has a sample..

Lotus
07-11-2005, 12:49 AM
Well, yeah, not "every" beat. But I'm a sucker for vocal samples.

el fregadero
07-11-2005, 12:57 AM
Technically, isn't the beat just the rythym typically created by the bass, and not the music being looped/sampled voices.

Kris P Lettus
07-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Technically, isn't the beat just the rythym typically created by the bass, and not the music being looped/sampled voices.

Look at it this way, you can own a beat machine (keyboard) that can save beats to disk etc that doesn't sample.. Sampler is usually a completly different tool..

Kris P Lettus
07-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Well, yeah, not "every" beat. But I'm a sucker for vocal samples.

Download "oh daddy" by Beanie Segal..

You want be dissapointed..

The Outlaw
07-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Download "oh daddy" by Beanie Segal..

You want be dissapointed..
Or the whole CD but yeah start with that.

I love you

Kris P Lettus
07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
:heart:

Lotus
07-11-2005, 09:20 PM
About to d/l it right now, Kris P. I'm looking forward to an eargasm, this better not disappoint. :mad: ;)

Kris P Lettus
07-11-2005, 11:38 PM
If you dig good samples as much as you say you do, you're gonna love that whole album (The B. Coming)..

I rate it a 9/10 but I am a huge Beanie fan so..

:dunno:

Lotus
07-12-2005, 03:56 AM
I like Beanie, his Jadakiss diss is hella tight. I also like his verses in "This Can't be Life" and "1 for Peedi Crakk" and "Rock Da Mic". He is the meanest-looking motherfucker on the face of the earth. I swear, whenever I look at him, I flinch in fear.

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Did you get that song??

What'd you think??

Johnny Vegas
07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
The shit that Sickboy said about rappers being "black guys who throw money on the ground and women shake their asses in videos" i won't even get into because it's not worth it for someone who doesn't know about rap or the history of it.

Oh, and for the record, why don't you look at 2pac, Kanye West, Common, Sigel, and those are just examples of rappers who don't "throw money at the ground and women shake their asses in the videos." They talk about some real shit if you SIT DOWN and actually listen... :|

Kris P Lettus
07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Why would he listen to garbage that's not really music???

:roll:

Lotus
07-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Did you get that song??

What'd you think??
I wasn't a fan of the beat, but the sample was tight, and Beanie Sigel kicked some ass. Beanie was on point in that one. Though I didn't like the beat, Beanie made it very listenable. He carried that beat IMO, flowing perfectly to it. Good lookin, Kris P. A rep you shall receive.

Sickboy
07-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, and for the record, why don't you look at 2pac, Kanye West, Common, Sigel, and those are just examples of rappers who don't "throw money at the ground and women shake their asses in the videos." They talk about some real shit if you SIT DOWN and actually listen... :|

Yeah, but to every Kanye West and 2Pac there are 100 Nellys and 50 Cents and and whatnots

Lotus
07-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Commercially, you are correct, Sickboy. But shit, there are tons of underground artists who sound nothing like Nelly and 50 Cent. But that's just like every other genre, so yeah...

Johnny Vegas
07-15-2005, 09:33 PM
Commercially, you are correct, Sickboy. But shit, there are tons of underground artists who sound nothing like Nelly and 50 Cent. But that's just like every other genre, so yeah...

Read the last sentence of what he typed Sickboy. The reason people use hip hop so much in arguments like this is because it is getting more popular than other genres by the day.