PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad Hassan in Iraq?

Watson
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
<!--StartFragment --><!--StartFragment --> Ok I was going to put this in the other thread about Hassan but it contained Smackdown spoilers. I was thinking the other day if Smackdown goes to Iraq this year, will Hassan go too? I can't imagine him wrestling over there as I think that would be pushing the envelope way too far. His gimmick would piss off the American soldiers over there not to mention the Iraqis. The only thing I can think of is he would either not go, have a gimmick change before then, or be traded back to RAW. But Smackdown usually goes to Iraq in December and I doubt he'll be traded by then. I just can't see Mark Magnus working that gimmick over there. He'd probably be scared shitless that something bad might happen to him and I can't say I blame him. Muhammad Hassan is a VERY controversial character. I don't think WWE thought about him going to Iraq when they traded him from RAW to Smackdown. I can only assume that they are not going to Iraq this year. Thoughts?

The Mackem
07-05-2005, 04:16 PM
they could make him lose??

Nark Order
07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
they could make him lose??
Simple. Yet effective.

LK
07-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I can't see him refusing to do it. Strikes me as the kind that doesn't get phased by something like that.

Blanka
07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
He's Arabian.

The Mackem
07-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Holy shit! Why didn't anybody tell me that?

Team Sheep
07-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Christ, it's just a character. It's not like he's playing a role of a terrorist. Besides, they're performing to the troops, who are American, and understand what World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT means. There shouldn't be much problem with it, but it may be wise just to keep him off the mic.

Blanka
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, the character is Arabian.

He's Italian..

Blanka
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
He may not even wrestle in Iraq. Every superstar on the smackdown roster doesn't wrestle.

Schoenauer
07-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Christ, it's just a character. It's not like he's playing a role of a terrorist. Besides, they're performing to the troops, who are American, and understand what World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT means. There shouldn't be much problem with it, but it may be wise just to keep him off the mic.
How sure are you that a ton of them aren't marks?

LK
07-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah, the character is Arabian.

He's Italian..
No he isn't

Blanka
07-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Yes.

Kris P Lettus
07-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Most people (above the age of 10) know wrestling is fake..

I don't think the US Army would attack him..

Kane Knight
07-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Yes, but there are some really stupid fucks out there.

Kane Knight
07-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Most people (above the age of 10) know wrestling is fake..

I don't think the US Army would attack him..
Yeah, the same people who don't see the issue with S&M pics are the best example of people who know right from wrong. :yes:

Kris P Lettus
07-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, the same people who don't see the issue with S&M pics are the best example of people who know right from wrong. :yes:

But it'll be a huge group of people..

That's like saying "some Arabs are terrorist, so all Arabs must be"..

Shadow
07-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Or how about he doesn't go then the next week attacks Teddy Long about how he wasn't allowed to go to Iraq as another example of how he's being wronged by Long? Eh?

Or he has a gimmick overhaul.

Kane Knight
07-05-2005, 07:48 PM
But it'll be a huge group of people..

That's like saying "some Arabs are terrorist, so all Arabs must be"..
Oh, so you're comparing race to a voluntary organisation?

Good comparison. It's not like you were born into one and choose to join another.

Kris P Lettus
07-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Nah..

It's just ignorant to assume that because a couple of racist members of the armed forces did some fucked up shit, that some of them would attack an entertainer sent to entertain them simple because he plays an Arab on tv...

Batsu
07-05-2005, 11:27 PM
No he isn't

Right, he's half (something I forget, European something) and half Jordanian, Vince probably saw him and was like "Eff this, it's close enough; let's put Arabian headgear on him and some music that goes...

ALEYEEELEEEAH
LEEEYLEEEAH
LEYAYAYAYE...

...It'll be a hit!"

TerranRich
07-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Did you just Hassan yourself? ;)

freerock1.com
07-06-2005, 12:51 AM
This could go a number of ways. Considering his promos have been less purely anti-American and more about promoting tolerance of Arabs (or rather, dissing those he perceives to be intolerant), and that he's from Detroit, I don't think a face turn would be entirely out of the question. He could become a troop-supporting flag waver who loves America wants nothing more than tolerance for his people, of course dropping the scathing language toward those he seems to perceive as intolerant.

Although I'll admit that, considering racism is long a staple of wrestling, that the chances of that are fairly slim.

Batsu
07-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Did you just Hassan yourself? ;)

Nope, that's just my account of Vince Hassan-ing himself at the thought of Hassan's entrance...

Joey Slugs
07-06-2005, 02:56 AM
He's not even Arabian. He's half Italian, half Jordanian (from Detroit no less).

That's almost like asking to keep the Iron Sheik off of a tour in his day because his character was anti-american.

We get it already, it's not real. Only a character.

How many people took Brett Hart out back in an alley to pick a fight when he did his anti-american campaign?

PullMyFinger
07-06-2005, 05:10 AM
He's not even Arabian. He's half Italian, half Jordanian (from Detroit no less).

That's almost like asking to keep the Iron Sheik off of a tour in his day because his character was anti-american.

How many people took Brett Hart out back in an alley to pick a fight when he did his anti-american campaign?
He is indeed half Jordanian, therefore, he is an arab.

Kane Knight
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM

Wait, isn't DETROIT only his onscreen home? I thought he was from Jersey.

Kane Knight
07-06-2005, 12:36 PM
He is indeed half Jordanian, therefore, he is an arab.
Well, he's half arabian.

Just because half my blood comes from Scotland doesn't make me Scottish...

Kane Knight
07-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Anyway, in regards to Hassan in Iraq.

Whether or not the Armed forces know it's real or fake, whether or not Magnus is REALLY an Arab, if they bring the Hassan character over there, it's a slap in the face of the armed services.

Chavo Classic
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Well, he's half arabian.

Just because half my blood comes from Scotland doesn't make me Scottish...

You've got to stop stealing from that Aberdeen blood bank Knighty!

Kane Knight
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM
But it's so tasty...And LOADED.

Joey Slugs
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM

Joy-Zee, even better.

blake639raw
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
The show is meant to be an escape for the troops, who protect our nation. A tribute , really. I agree, it would be very disrespectful to the troops, who see enough of that type of shit year round. I don't think any troops would open fire, but it's still a bad idea to bring Hassan.

Hired Hitman
07-06-2005, 11:03 PM
I would love to see Hassan go to Iraq and when the troops boo him, have Hassan rant about being American but treated like shit while coming over to entertain them.. that would be cool :o

The Naitch
07-06-2005, 11:06 PM
By then, Hassan will be involved in an angle where he falls in love with a typical American white girl (Torrie Wilson) thus ending his hatred towards America. he will then sport new Stars and Stripes attire and wrestle as a proud American. He will come to SD! a huge fan favorite

Then he will swerve the USA and put Torrie in the camel clutch and go back to his Arab roots. He will then be shot

Wolverine
07-07-2005, 11:22 PM

Syracuse is where he was born and raised, Detroit is where he lives and Trained.