PDA

View Full Version : Hassan is going to make the WWE so much money

Jordan
07-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I watched his reply to the media on WWE.com, the fans are eating everything up, they really hate him. Pluse he has great mic skills and he is good in the ring. I think that at the Bash, Orton will cost The Undertaker his match with Hassan, and Hassan will face off against Batista in Summerslam's main event. Hassan rules.

Xero
07-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I'm not denying that the WWE can't make it work, because they've pulled off crazier shit before, but how long is Hassan banned from SmackDown!? I've heard that UPN has banned him from the show.

But yeah, if they do this right, this may be a big money maker for the WWE in the not-too-distant future.

Corkscrewed
07-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Nah, UPN didn't "ban" him, just asked for him not to be on for a while.

He should be back on SD after the GAB.

I totally agree with the assessment of Hassan's skills, tho. That promo was wicked, and I LOVED it.

loopydate
07-15-2005, 03:04 PM
I finally got to watch the Hassan promo (at my parents' house, and they have cable 'net!), and I was floored. That was some of the best stick work I've seen in a long time, and I can't believe that they weren't allowed to air it. Grumblegrumblegrumbleoverlysensitiveassholesgrumble

Innovator
07-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but I will have to disagree. Last time WWE tried to pull a racism/war charged angle it was during the Gulf War. They though that having Slaughter heel would sell out the LA Colliseum.....yeah didn't happen. Thats why they had to move to the arena, where they were lucky to get 15,000 people.

I just don't see this Hassan angle selling tickets. I'm taking nothing away from Hassan though, he's awesome.

loopydate
07-15-2005, 03:27 PM
To be fair though, anti-Arab sentiment in 2005 is way worse than it was in 1991.

Nark Order
07-15-2005, 03:38 PM
What promo do you speak of?

loopydate
07-15-2005, 03:39 PM
They shot a promo at the SmackDown tapings that didn't make it to air.

WWE.com has it in streaming format. Phenomenal stuff. It's basically Hassan responding to the negative press he's received since the Undertaker attack.

Nark Order
07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Watching it. DAMN IT'S GOOD!

These fans are such fucking idiots. He just gets done expalining that he's an american and they start chanting 'USA'. WWE is really exploiting the ignorance of America and I love it...

The Gooch
07-15-2005, 03:45 PM
If the WWE has Taker do what is right for business, I agree with the thread title.

Hassan needs to win at GAB. I'd rather he himself cheat or out-smart UT rather than a run in. Probably no chance of that, but I can dream.

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Not to knock Hassan, but:

1) It'll be hard to draw heat when you're not on TV.

2) It'll be hard to be built strong when the "Patriot" you're fighting is Undertaker.

Corkscrewed
07-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I actually took the "make a lot of money" to be a reference to Hassan's mic skills and a statement that assumed he'll eventually get a more lasting gimmick rather than the current evil foreigner flavor of the month stuff he's got going on.

Altho as he is, he could last if this racism in the country keeps up.

KingofOldSchool
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM

Keeps up?

It hasn't stopped.

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I actually took the "make a lot of money" to be a reference to Hassan's mic skills and a statement that assumed he'll eventually get a more lasting gimmick rather than the current evil foreigner flavor of the month stuff he's got going on.

Racism? Are you implying that America's racist?

*Looks at Death Row*

Oh, right.

Anyway, I took Jordan's comments to be in context of a current push, given he was talking about current reaction, present deal. Plus, how far he goes bdepends on how badly they squash him vs Taker (And the other patriots to come).

Just John
07-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I can't think of a better time to go on WWE chat room shouting...

"HASSAN IS RIGHT!"

Savio
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
"America, still racist after 200 years."

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
If the WWE has Taker do what is right for business, I agree with the thread title.
:lol:

It's a nice thought though.

Anyway, I don't think Taker's gone far enough to send a message. I mean, he beat up a LAWYER. I think next week, he could tombstone a woman in childbirth, and then chokeslam a guy in a wheelchair. If people loved him attacking a lawyer, they'll eat this shit up, because nothing says you're hardcore like beating up gimps.

Taker's message was received--If you're wearing a business suit and not putting up a fight, I can SO take you.

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
I can't think of a better time to go on WWE chat room shouting...

"HASSAN IS RIGHT!"
Or just spam ALLLEEEEEEEEEYALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Morgan
07-15-2005, 04:40 PM
pretend to be Daivari

"Mukallalekeum shuvum shuvum Mohammad Hassan!!"

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Which reminds me. Hey Dqnny, what's that word that sounds like "Shol'va" from Stargate?

Morgan
07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Which reminds me. Hey Dqnny, what's that word that sounds like "Shol'va" from Stargate?

:rofl:

Jaffa cree Teal'c.

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 05:02 PM
:rofl:

Jaffa cree Teal'c.
***Kree.

IT's sad I know that.

Morgan
07-15-2005, 05:06 PM
nah, Stargates cool. :shifty:

Crashnburn
07-15-2005, 05:53 PM
***Kree.

IT's sad I know that.

Yes, very sad.

btw *cough* "Shol'va" is traitor *cough* I believe.

:shifty:

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Yes, very sad.

I was asking what the word Daivari keeps using was. The one that SOUNDS like Shol'va.

Jonster
07-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, very sad.

Spoilers!

But nah, I don't watch it.

Crashnburn
07-15-2005, 06:24 PM
I was asking what the word Daivari keeps using was. The one that SOUNDS like Shol'va.

ohhhhhhhh, rainbows!

Rep to anyone for the reference.

The CyNick
07-15-2005, 07:18 PM
They dont even really need someone to be standing up for the US, just standing up to Hassan's whining.

The logical thing is for that person to be Batista. They'll be wrestling for the World title in the US capital, which is also Batista's home town. Usually I would be dead set against having a guy lose in his home town, but I really think this is the perfect time to do it.

I also think Hassan being banned from SD can be used to make Hassan draw. If and thgis is a big if, he can get over to where people want to pay to see him get his ass kicked. Having him not show up on TV may actually bring people to arenas to see him get his ass handed to him.

Kane Knight
07-15-2005, 07:58 PM
They dont even really need someone to be standing up for the US, just standing up to Hassan's whining.
Sadly, it's unlikely they'll go this way.