PDA

View Full Version : The Official OVW Topic

Champion of Europa
01-18-2004, 11:26 AM
I just tuned into OVW last night and was glad to see that it's still going pretty nicely.

There are tons of new faces I'm going to have to get acquainted with, but what I did see last night I enjoyed.

I'm enjoying what I've seen of this Matt Morgan vs. Impact feud.

Also, Dinsmore and Jeter are always great.

A few announced matches: Johnny Jeter will challenge for the OVW title at some Middle School.

Billy Gunn will challenge for the OVW title sometime in February.

So, if you have any questions about OVW, feel free to ask. Because I haven't watched in a month or two, I might be a bit rusty.

loopydate
01-18-2004, 01:39 PM
OVW actually tapes just a couple of blocks from my grandparents' house in Jeffersonville, IN. I don't get to see their shows often, but whenever I'm down there, I always make sure to catch one on TV.

I am curious about one thing: I heard that after the Bashams debuted on WWE TV, they did an angle on their next show where Damaja had pulled some strings to get himself inserted as the Machine's partner, even though they hate each other. Did they ever follow through on that, or have they not been back on since they're both full-time SmackDown guys?

Champion of Europa
01-30-2004, 04:59 PM
OVW actually tapes just a couple of blocks from my grandparents' house in Jeffersonville, IN. I don't get to see their shows often, but whenever I'm down there, I always make sure to catch one on TV.

I am curious about one thing: I heard that after the Bashams debuted on WWE TV, they did an angle on their next show where Damaja had pulled some strings to get himself inserted as the Machine's partner, even though they hate each other. Did they ever follow through on that, or have they not been back on since they're both full-time SmackDown guys?

Sorry about not answering your question earlier, I've been a bit busy.

Anyway, they way they set it up was that the Bashams teamed up because of the "evil" talent relations guy under JR, John Lauranitis, teamed them up and forced them to be together so they could keep Damaja face.

They've used Lauranitis a few more times, like using a similar excuse to keep Morgan as a face and to make Max Impact Laurnitis's assistant and that anyone that touched him would get fired etc.

It's great how Morgan hates Impact but can't put a hand on him, so this Saturday we get Morgan and Jeter vs. Dinsmore and Impact.

Mr. JL
01-30-2004, 05:34 PM
I've heard alot of good things about Nick Dinsmore but I have not yet seen any of his work. Is he as good as the hype? I also heard him and Conway had a great string of matches together as well.

Mr. Nerfect
01-30-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Nick Dinsmore has been compared to Chris Benoit before. I belive his finisher is the Bridging German Suplex. Rob Conway was referred to as "Iron Man" Rob Conway. It's a shame Conway hasn't been given a chance to shine on RAW. I think a Conway/Michaels match would be great. Conway reminds me of a mix between Benoit's and Michaels' styles.

Mr. JL
01-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I could always tell Rob Conway looked different from all the other rookie OVW's who've jumped up to the big leagues. He seems more confident than all the others.

Garrison Cade impresses me alot too. I always remember his match with the Dudley's on raw a few weeks back. Cade & Bubba chain wrestled for abit and it was nearly as good as some of the exchanges I've seen from Angle & Benoit.

Champion of Europa
01-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm a big mark for Dinsmore. He's great. I have a match of his against Benoit on tape from Christmas Chaos a few years back.

Also, I'm digging Matt Catoppoteli or however his name is spelled, he's pretty good now.

Also, Mark Magnus is great. He's got a great gimmick going (This Year's Model) and he's a good wrestler as well.

Champion of Europa
01-31-2004, 03:14 PM
Bumping, as OVW is on tonight.

I can't wait for Morgan to kill Max Impact dead.

I've thought about it, and there aren't many stories about what is going on backstage at OVW, and therefore, I'm more of a mark for it. I get more involved in the storylines and all that, because I don't have a clue how they will end.

I highly suggest people watch OVW. It's on at 11 pm. my time tonight. :love:

loopydate
01-31-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm actually going to be down in Jeffersonville at the beginning of March and I'm thinking about going to see a taping.

KingofOldSchool
01-31-2004, 04:13 PM
Bumping, as OVW is on tonight.

I can't wait for Morgan to kill Max Impact dead.

I've thought about it, and there aren't many stories about what is going on backstage at OVW, and therefore, I'm more of a mark for it. I get more involved in the storylines and all that, because I don't have a clue how they will end.

I highly suggest people watch OVW. It's on at 11 pm. my time tonight. :love:

I would if I had a channel up in Muncie that gets OVW. :mad:

Gertner
01-31-2004, 08:12 PM
what's been going on in OVW? Who's the up and comers, now that the bashems, morgan and conway are all in the bigs?

Champion of Europa
01-31-2004, 09:24 PM
what's been going on in OVW? Who's the up and comers, now that the bashems, morgan and conway are all in the bigs?

I'll inform you all on the storylines a bit more after tonight's show, as I will post results.

Anyway, the main up and comers are Nick Dinsmore, Johnny Jeter, Mark Magnus, Max Impact, and Matt Morgan.

Champion of Europa
02-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Note: All matches will be rated for my enjoyment of it, not actual ability or workrate or any of that. They're just learning, so I'm cutting em a break.

OVW TV 1/31/03:

Recap of Matt Cappoteli defeating Seven.

Matt Cappotelli (w/ John Hennigan) and Baseball Batt defeated Travis Bane (w/ Synn and Seven) with a rollup. **1/2 It was good, but I wasn't really terribly interested. Nice psychology with the broken hand.

Recap of Nick Dinsmore vs. Standing Thunder where Mark Magnus (lost to Thunder the week before) and Thunder's heads collidied, knocking out Thunder for Disnmore to retain his title. Then Johnny Jeter told the ref what happened, but Dinsmore failed to attack Jeter afterwards. Then Max Impact attacked Jeter, which prompted Matt Morgan to attack him and Impact left before he got beat up badly. This prompted Morgan and Jeter vs. Dinsmore and Impact for tonight.

Nick Dinsmore talks trash about Johnny Jeter then talks about how he'll beat Billy Gunn to retain his title next Saturday. Then Max Impact says he's not here as Inspector Max Impact, he's here as a man Morgan and Jeter don't want to mess with. Then Jim Cornette says that OVW has a test for Nick Dinsmore. He says on Wednesday at the OVW TV Tapings, Nick Dinsmore will defend his title against The OVW Phenom, THE DAMAJA. WOOO. I just had an orgasm. We get a taped statement from the Damaja saying he won't be there as Danny Basham, he'll be there as everyone's favorite, the Damaja. He says that if he wins the title, he can be back on OVW every week. He hits his catchphrase, "Now don't get that twisted." Woo, orgasmed again. Now I'm dehydrated.

Commercials.

"This Year's Model" Mark Magnus (w/Nikita) defeated Standing Thunder with brass knuckles that were given to him by Nikita. *** Afterwards Jim Cornette comes down from the announce position to tell the ref that Mark Magnus has brass knuckles, and Magnus runs out and holds Cornette so Nikita can punch him, but Standing Thunder ducks out and punches Magnus and Cornette chases off Nikita. (At Saturday's Crusade Slamfest Johnny Jeter and Jim Cornette will fight Mark Magnus and Nikita)

BTW, Standing Thunder uses Creed's "My Sacrifice" as his entrance music. This means I hate him.

Commercials

WOOO. Cornette is cutting a promo. He says Magnus beat him up, and that's a newsflash. He's been beaten by 700 different wrestlers, so he didn't get no cherry. WOOOOO. He is angry that Nikita slapped him on TV. He's angry he got slapped by Nikita the All Time Sleepover Champion. WOOOOO. Nikita the Reverse Cowgirl Position Expert. WOOOOO. Nikita, she's been on more laps than a napkin. WOOOO. Do you know what you call a windtunnel? Three Nikita's standing side by side. WOOOO. Cornette says if they can get 500 people in the OVW arena for the Crusade Slamfest, he'll KO Nikita. WOOOOO. If he doesn't knock her out, he'll never step foot in the Davis Arena again. BOOOOO.

More Commercials.

Recap of Nova and The Idol (OVW Southern Tag Team Champions) introducing Nova's ex girlfriend and their tag team's slut, Trudy Denucci. Then Adrenaline and Alexis Laree comes out and announces they will fight Nova, the Idol, and Trudy Denucci.

Passion talks about what Jillian Hall did to her. I dunno. I'm clueless.

Jillian Hall said she broke Passion's nose 3 weeks ago. She says Passion says that she's gonna mess up her face at the Crusade Slamfest. Jillian Hall says she tried to apologize. She said she saw what she did on accident, just see what she can do on purpose. I'm really not caring.

Commercials.

Note: Most of these commercials are like an OVW ad and 1 commercial long.

Bolin Services comes out, and they talk about how they went on a talent search. Bolin says they were guests at the Neverland Ranch. He says Michael is innocent and that Michael was so nice he let Maurice sleep in his bed. Maurice shivered and looked disgusted. HAHAHA, cause he's a child molestor. Bolin says he has two new members of Bolin Services. They are Carlos Colon and Da Beast. Bolin says Carlos Colon's dad is a millionaire and Carlos's dad is paying Bolin to make Carlos a star, just like he has with many others. Bolin says Carlos's dad gave some extra money to hire Da Beast, a body guard for many important rappers like Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., and Jam Master Jay. HAHAHA, cause they're all dead. As Cornette is hilarious, Bolin tries too hard.

More Commercials still.

"The Blueprint" Matt Morgan and "The Thrillseeker" Johnny Jeter defeated "Mr. Wrestling" Nick Dinsmore and "John Lauranitis's Enforcer" Max Impact when Max Impact used a ether-soaked rag to KO Morgan and Dinsmore got the pin, but Cornette had the decision reversed. They were reviving Matt Morgan as the show goes off the air. ***1/4 Not enough action but still awesome.

Overall Thoughts: Nice show, but next week is gonna be great stuff. Dinsmore vs. Damaja. WOOOO. I still wanna see Impact have his ass handed to him. Jeter and Dinsmore did almost all the wrestling till the end.

Champion of Europa
02-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Just thought I'd bump for people who didn't see the topic with the results in it as well as to tell everyone th a job as a OVW TV Reporter at 411mania.com

I probably won't get it, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Evil Vito
02-01-2004, 01:54 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I wish I could get OVW over here. Stupid Connecticut.</font> :mad:

Champion of Europa
02-08-2004, 11:29 AM
OVW Results for 2/8/04:

Remember, all matches are rated for my enjoyment of them.

Matt Cappoteli and Standing Thunder defeated the OVW Southern Tag Team Champions Nova and Idol (w/Trudy DeNucci) by DQ when DeNucci interfered. The match was originally Matt Cappoteli and John Hennigan, but when Cappoteli went to tag in Hennigan, Hennigan didn't take it. Hennigian went to the announce table and said that if Cappoteli wants all the applause in his singles matches, he can have it all here too. Then Standing Thunder ran in to be Cappoteli's partner. Just when Thunder hit Nova with the Thunderclap, DeNucci broke up the pinfall resulting in the DQ. Afterwards Standing Thunder hit her with a scoop slam. **** (I added the extra star because Standing Thunder didn't come out to that Creed song.)

Joey Matthews defeated Mike Taylor. Didn't see enough of this match to comment on it.

Jim Cornette came out to conduct a interview with Max Impact. Impact said that once Matt Morgan woke up, he made many threats on his life, so John Lauranitis decided not to book Morgan for OVW this week. He also said he's forming a new team, consisting of Nick Dinsmore (the leader), Mark Magnus, Nikita, Max Impact, and because of John Lauranitis not letting him attack anyone in OVW outside of a match now, his bodyguards, The Troubleshooters. They will be competing next.

Chris Masters and Brent Albright (The Troubleshooters) defeated Seth Skyfire and Mac Johnson (Adrenaline) when Albright locked in an Armbar. (Albright is a Oaklahoma Amaetur Wrestler). ** Decent enough, Masters looks like the type that will be called up after a few good months, as he's huge.

Mark Magnus defeated Rob Begley with the Finishing Touch. I didn't see enough to rate it either, which is a shame, because Magnus rules.

Nick Dinsmore (w/Venus) defeated The Damaja (DAMMIT) when Mark Magnus came in to interfere and Dinsmore hit the German Suplex for the pin. Another thing to note, during the match Damaja was owning Dinsmore on the outside, so Dinsmore threw Venus into him, injuring her. Afterwards, Jeter ran in to tell the ref what happened, but Dinsmore attacked Jetere. This resulted in a brawl with ROB CONWAY coming out to help Dinsmore and Magnus. Damaja then suggests that OVW form its own team to fight the Team Players. It's team will have: Damaja, Johnny Jeter, Standing Thunder, and DOUG BASHAM. Rob Conway is added to the Team Players, by the way. WOOOO. **** Not as good as I would've liked it to be with the Venus stuff, but the after the match stuff was ***** as far as interviews and excitement goes.

Final Notes: Great Show. Also, a 2 hr OVW special is planned for March 6, called March Madness. One match already confirmed is a RAW vs. Smackdown Challenge match with OVW Alumni Randy Orton competing against John Cena.

WOOOO. FU</>CK YES.

Definitely gonna be watching more closely next week.

Vastardikai
02-08-2004, 11:47 AM
I don't get OVW, I don't think. So tell me, is Conway half as talented as I THINK he is (IOW, get him a month off television and far away from that La Resistance gimmick as possible and he'll be good to go)?

Champion of Europa
02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't get OVW, I don't think. So tell me, is Conway half as talented as I THINK he is (IOW, get him a month off television and far away from that La Resistance gimmick as possible and he'll be good to go)?

The most talented guys in OVW right now are in the main event scene. Conway is mad talented though.

Most talented IMO are: Dinsmore, Damaja, Basham, Magnus, and Conway.

In no particular order.

Champion of Europa
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, my column isn't up on 411mania, hell, I dunno if it will be. I'm having a few doubts, but that could just be me being paranoid.

Anyway:

LAST WEEK:

Matt Cappoteli and John Hennigan fought the OVW Southern Tag Team Champions Nova and The Idol (w/ Trudy DeNucci). Hennigan was angry at Cappoteli’s amount of singles matches recently and left him behind to get a beat down. Standing Thunder ran in to be his tag team partner and to defeat the OVW Southern Tag Team Champs by DQ when Trudy broke up a pin after the Thunderclap. Trudy caught a scoop slam afterwards.

Max Impact formed a new stable called the Team Players with Mark Magnus, Nick Dinsmore (OVW Champ and leader), Nikita, and The Troubleshooters (Chris Masters and Brent Albright). The Troubleshooters won their match against Seth Skyfire and Mac Johnson.

OVW Title Match: Nick Dinsmore defeated The Damaja (WWE’s Danny Basham) when Magnus interfered. Afterwards, Johnny Jeter ran in and got taken out by Dinsmore and this resulted in a large brawl with the battle lines drawn. Rob Conway joins the Team Players. Damaja suggests a match for March Mayhem (2 hr. OVW Special March 6th) with Nick Dinsmore/Mark Magnus/Rob Conway vs. Johnny Jeter/The Damaja/Doug Basham.

Now THIS WEEK:

YOUR Commentators: Jim Cornette and Dean Hill.

Match 1: Mike Mondo (w/ Bolin Services) defeats Seth Skyfire when Seth Skyfire misses a top-rope leg drop and Mike Mondo rolls him up and grabs the tights.

Notable Spots: It was all Seth Skyfire here as far as interesting spots go. He hit a springboard elbow, springboard enzuguri, and that beautiful missed top-rope leg drop finish.

Rating: ***1/2 It’s purpose was to make Mike Mondo appear as a big player in Bolin Services, and it did that well enough as far as storyline purposes went. The rest of the rating was all Seth Skyfire. I love this dude. If he were a woman, he would have my babies.

They recap Tough Enough’s (Matt Cappoteli and John Hennigan) problems from last week.

Jim Cornette is in the ring to conduct an interview with Matt Cappoteli. He says that he isn’t a glory hound, he just fought the Disciples of Synn in matches was because they broke his hand. He just wanted revenge. He says that he wants John Hennigan in the ring to talk it out like men. Out comes Hennigan, complete with his new cocky heel dance. He says he’s the best in OVW and better than most in the WWE, and that it’s Matt Cappoteli’s fault for him not being in the WWE right now. The crowd seems to think this is bullshit. Matt Cappoteli officially splits up Tough Enough. As Cappoteli turns to leave the ring, he is jumped by Hennigan and receives a piledriver. Cornette confirms that it is an illegal move.

Commercial. Meet “Handsome” Jimmy Valliant live and in person. SIGN ME UP.

When we return from commercial, Stevie Richards comes to the ring and challenges Hennigan to a match.

Match 2: John Hennigan defeated Stevie Richards when Joey Matthews came out (w/ coffee) and threw the coffee in Richards’s face, allowing Hennigan to get the low blow and rollup.

Notable Spots: Hennigan continued his cocky dance on the way to the ring (again) and during the match. Hennigan attempted the Stevieplex. Richards reversed it into one of his own. When Hennigan went out of the ring to stall, Stevie jumped through the ropes with a cool ass flying kick. Stevie used a mop and “washed” Hennigan’s face.

Rating: **** This was just awesome stuff for OVW, but the constant stalling threw me out of the match a bit.

Commercial. According to this commercial, The Undertaker will rise in 1 week at the Kentucky Custom Auto Show.

Recap of the Team Players forming.

Funaki comes to the ring to make his OVW debut, when John Lauranitis and Max Impact come to the ring. Lauranitis makes Funaki leave the ring so they can have some interview time. Getting rid of Funaki, heel heat from the marks on up. Lauranitis says to put on our listening caps, and therefore makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. He says if anyone wants to work for the WWE, they have to obey his rules. He calls Cornette from the announcer’s position. Lauranitis says that if Jim Ross gets onto him again about OVW, he’ll shut it down. Impact gets on the mic and says Cornette has no power over what they are going to do to OVW. He says Cornette encourages disrespect of Lauranitis. From now on, the Team Players are the power. Impact says everyone has to prove themselves to the Team Players, and those who don’t, will rot in OVW forever. Jim Cornette tries to respond, but Impact grabs him but cannot do anything before SEAN O’HAIRE (w/black and blue hair) comes out. Impact and O’Haire have a stare down. O’Haire says he is here as Jim Ross’s OVW Inspector, just as Impact is Lauranitis’s. He says he’s going to keep his eyes on Max Impact.

Commercial. That segment was the bee’s knees y’all.

Cornette and Dean Hill are in the ring with the McMahon Fire Dept. about the Crusade for Children Slamfest. Cornette presents a check for $2100.42. I have more money than that in pocket change. Oh wait, no I don’t. If I did, I could afford a ****ing stopwatch. Cornette says there is an extra $24 in there that was paid for Billy Gunn slapping Nikita. Cornette announces that next week on OVW TV, EDGE makes his OVW debut with a major announcement.

Commercial.

They recap Last Week’s Main Event.

Backstage Mark Magnus, Nick Dinsmore, Nikita, and Venus talk about tonight’s match against Adrenaline (Chris Cage and Tank Toland). During the interview, Dinsmore messes with his shirt constantly, and then takes it off and demands Venus (sent by Lauranitis as a gift to do whatever Dinsmore wants) Venus to go wash it. Nikita says to wash it good, or else.

March Mayhem Rundown – This is what we know thus far. In a RAW vs. Smackdown challenge, OVW alumni Randy Orton and John Cena will compete against each other. We will also have the Team Players vs. Jeter/Damaja/Basham. Oh yeah, and Jimmy Valliant’s retirement ceremony. The two matches already announced make me happier than Jimmy Valiant ever did.

Match 3: Nick Dinsmore and Mark Magnus (w/ Nikita) defeated Adrenaline when Toland was distracted by Impact and was hit with the Finishing Touch by Magnus for the pinfall victory.

Notable Spots: A nice looking double backdrop by Adrenaline on Magnus. There was also a cool inverted facebuster by Tank on Magnus. From now on, every time Magnus uses the Finishing Touch, it will be in here.

Rating: ** It barely served the purpose of the storyline, as Adrenaline got too much offense in to really make it look like the Team Players were a big threat. Some neat stuff though.

After the match: Dinsmore, Magnus, and Impact attack Adrenaline. Sean O’Haire runs in and clears the ring of the Team Players and he celebrates with Adrenaline afterward.

Overall: Great show with some nice matches, but the Main Event was kind of a letdown, because I know Dinsmore and Magnus can do better. There are lots of WWE guys coming down to OVW, so I know they are going to be on the card for March Mayhem, which makes me happy.

If any of you want OVW TV shows or large shows, go to www.ovwrestling.com. You can order the events, as well as OVW shows by the month or year.

Next Week:

EDGE!

Champion of Europa
02-19-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm published on 411mania now. :heart: :heart:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tvreports/article.php?tvreports_id=1486

Enjoy the same thing you just read above with more insight into my process.

So good, you'll read it twice with a NEW paragraph.

jessica rocks
02-19-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm actually going to be down in Jeffersonville at the beginning of March and I'm thinking about going to see a taping.

It's definatly worth it to go see a show :y:

I' live in Louisville, KY and try to go to the OVW shows as often as possible, especially since my buddy started training there 3 months ago. It's a real treat to get to see the newset talent in the wrestling buisness learn and grow.

I also have to say this ... Nick Dinsmore has a talent and style that is great to watch. He took on Chris Benoit in a match about 2 years ago that just blew the rook off the place.

Champion of Europa
02-22-2004, 10:12 AM
For TPWW, 411mania's OVW TV Report for 2.21.04, a bit early:

411’s OVW TV Report 2.21.04
Dinsmore vs. Skyfire!

While I copped out of talking about myself last week, there is no way around it this time. My name is Mitchell Foist and I…

…picked up the new Mick Foley DVD on Wednesday. Swerve. Vince Russo Jr. I had wanted it for a week prior and saw it at Sam Goody and went deep into deliberation. All in all, I couldn’t help myself. It came with a free Mankind skullcap for Christ’s sakes. Yes, now I can officially broadcast to the whole world that I don’t get laid as much as I would like to right across my forehead. At least I’ll be having a nice day while I’m not getting any.

I’m not gonna get too much into the matches on the DVD, just that my favorite one thus far would have to be either Cactus Jack and Maxx Payne vs. The Nasty Boys or Dude Love vs. Stone Cold. I love brawling, and yes, I can hear Nick Dinsmore frowning as I speak. (Hell, if I’m writing about OVW, I’m including OVW jokes.)

LAST WEEK:

Tough Enough officially broke up.

John Hennigan and Joey Matthews form an alliance.

Sean O’Haire arrived as Jim Ross’s Official Inspector.

It was announced Edge will make his OVW debut next(this) week.

Nick Dinsmore and Mark Magnus defeated Adrenaline.

THIS WEEK:

YOUR Venue: The Davis Arena

YOUR Recapper: Doped up on painkillers.

Edge comes to the ring for the first of many Jim Cornette interviews tonight. They cop out on having Edge wrestle by saying that his foot is injured. Edge says that once his foot isn’t injured, he’ll put on a match for OVW. He says that it was the fans that made him come back. Well, that was a disappointing debut. Maybe next week will have more.

Match 1: The Troubleshooters (Brent Albright and Chris Masters) defeated Rob Begley and Mike Taylor when Albright locked in an ARMBAR.

Notable Spots: I guess Albright performs a good ARMBAR.

Rating: * Nothing too interesting here.

Recap of Lauranitis’s visit to OVW.

Recap of last week’s Main Event. (**)

Inspector Impact comes to the ring for an interview with Jim Cornette. Corny eggs him on and says that Sean O’Haire was all up in his face. Impact says that Sean O’Haire isn’t the savior for all these welfare cases in Kentucky. He says that the Team Players are STILL the force in OVW. Jim Cornette pulls out a letter from Jim Ross and he reads: At March Mayhem, Impact and Lauranitis will compete in a tag team match against Sean O’Haire and The Blueprint, Matt Morgan. Impact talks about his two opponents and calls Sean O’Haire O’Hara 3 times. He don’t know nothing about birthin’ them babies. Impact says that once Vince McMahon finds out, J.R. will be out of the job, and John Lauranitis will take his spot.

We go to a pre-taped interview with The Blueprint. He says that he gets a chance for revenge against Lauranitis and Inspector Impact. He says it’s a tag match if you will.
Rarely is a wrestler so green that they imply that it’s the type of match already announced. Then he grunts some.

Commercial.

Match 2: Nick Dinsmore (w/Venus) defeated Seth Skyfire in a non title match when Seth Skyfire missed the top rope leg drop (Alabama Jam) for the second time in two weeks and then got a German Suplex (w/Bridge) for the loss.

Notable Spots: A missed 2nd rope springboard crossbody by Skyfire, an inverted suplex by Nick Dinsmore, a springboard enzuguri by Skyfire, a top rope springboard back elbow, also by Skyfire, and the missed Alabama Jam.

Rating: ****1/4 Great stuff but I couldn’t give it the full go.

We get a big hype video for “Handsome’ Jimmy Valiant. Would someone PLEASE email me and explain to me why I should care?

Commercial

Adrenaline (Chris Cage and Tank Toland) comes out for an interview with Jim Cornette. Jim Cornette says he has a special announcement for all Adrenaline fans. Corny reads a letter from Jim Ross, and it says that Adrenaline now have WWE Developmental Contracts. They each give little speeches about how it’s a dream come true for them. They said the first thing they want to do as WWE Developmental workers is to win back their OVW Southern Tag Team Titles from Nova and Idol. Jim Cornette says that Nova and Idol will be back next week, and he’ll try his hardest to get that match made. Impact comes to the ring and says that Adrenaline will be sorry when they are laid up in a hospital bed.

Johnny Jeter is in the audience collecting for the Crusade for Children.

Recap of Tough Enough’s break up. Jim Cornette says that Matt Cappoteli has a possibly strained neck and that John Hennigan was fined $1,000 and suspended for 10 days. His activities were also reported to WWE officials.

Ivory comes to the ring for an interview with Jim Cornette. She praises the OVW women and then starts talking about Wrestlemania XX. She says she hopes to be invited rather than sitting up in the rafters with the wrestler’s wives. She says she’s been OVW 2 months, and hasn’t wrestled for the women’s title in 9. She says she loves training these women and sharing the business, but she’s not done being a fighter yet. She says that she wants a match with one woman in OVW who will push her to the limits and get her noticed again in the WWE. She says that one woman is Jillian Hall. Jillian Hall comes to the ring and says she is going to prove she’s WWE worthy when she beats Ivory at March Mayhem.

Commercial.

Match 3: Adrenaline and Standing Thunder defeated Bolin Services (Mike Mondo, Da Beast, and Carlos Colon) when Impact attacked Tank Toland and Carlos Colon attempted to pin him, but Sean O’Haire ran to the ring and told the ref what happened, resulting in a DQ.

Notable Spots: Colon missed a beautiful corkscrew moonsault. It looked as if he was going in slow motion, it was a thing of beauty.

Rating: Very short match. A * rating solely for the moonsault.

There is a big brawl with O’Haire, Impact, Bolin Services, Adrenaline and Standing Thunder. O’Haire, Adrenaline, and Standing Thunder are left in the ring to celebrate as we go off the air.

NEXT WEEK:

It’s the last show until March Mayhem.

March Mayhem Card thus far:

The Damaja, Johnny Jeter, and Doug Basham vs. Nick Dinsmore, Mark Magnus, and Rob Conway.

Ivory vs. Jillian Hall

Randy Orton vs. John Cena

Matt Morgan and Sean O’Haire vs. Inspector Impact and John Lauranitis

Jimmy Valliant’s retirement ceremony.

Remember, support your local Indy federation by going to see their shows. If you don’t want to do that, read Josh Nason’s 411 Super Indies Update!

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/newsboard.php?news_id=8696

You can see the entire OVW roster’s bios, match results, tour dates, and buy OVW tapes all on www.ovwrestling.com

Loose Cannon
02-23-2004, 11:44 AM
You know, why is it that tag teams actually have cool team names in OVW, but in the WWE the teams are usually reffered to by the wrestler's names. The tag division just seems so much better then the WWE's division. I mean WTF.

Champion of Europa, would you agree with me on this because I have never seen an OVW show, but the division just looks so much better then say Raw's division. And keep posting these reviews becasue I like reading them. I may start ordering these if my cable carries it.

blake639raw
02-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Randy Orton vs. John Cena next week? :drool:

The Naitch
02-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Orton vs. Cena? Did I hear that correctly?

Champion of Europa
02-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Orton vs. Cena March 6th.

OVW still has one more Saturday night show before the actual March Mayhem happens.

Champion of Europa
02-23-2004, 04:44 PM
You know, why is it that tag teams actually have cool team names in OVW, but in the WWE the teams are usually reffered to by the wrestler's names. The tag division just seems so much better then the WWE's division. I mean WTF.

Champion of Europa, would you agree with me on this because I have never seen an OVW show, but the division just looks so much better then say Raw's division. And keep posting these reviews becasue I like reading them. I may start ordering these if my cable carries it.

I do enjoy OVW's tag division a fair bit. I love Adrenaline, even if it doesn't come off like it. Tank Toland is the man. Nova and The Idol are great too.

Chris Masters and Brent Albright need to get better, but Albright was a amateur wrestler in Oaklahoma for a long time, so I'm not too worried about him.

Also, you can't order it. You have to be in the Southern Indiana, Kentucky, Southern Ohio area. You can order those month long compalation tapes for 19.99 I believe though.

If you're curious too, you can see the whole OVW roster at www.ovwrestling.com

Anyway, the review is up on 411: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/tvreports/article.php?tvreports_id=1491

Read it twice, it's THAT good.

The Naitch
02-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey COE, would you mind summarizing the John Cena/Orton feud? How did it start? And how do they manage to balance the OVW stuff with their WWE stuff?

Mister Sinister
02-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey COE, would you mind summarizing the John Cena/Orton feud? How did it start? And how do they manage to balance the OVW stuff with their WWE stuff?

If I'm not mistaken, It didn't have no fued between them and it's just being booked at a Smackdown v. Raw match, but I could be wrong

Champion of Europa
02-24-2004, 04:39 PM

Yeah, Helmsphere is right. It's just being biled as a Raw vs. Smackdown thing. None of them have been on OVW.

I did like the Cena vs. Nova feud a year back though.

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 05:21 PM
was he Prototype back then when he feuded with Nova?

Champion of Europa
02-24-2004, 06:04 PM
was he Prototype back then when he feuded with Nova?

Yes.

Champion of Europa
02-29-2004, 10:50 AM
This is Mitch Foist back for a third week of OVW goodness straight from the Ohio Valley.

Normally I would talk about the week or something from the week, but I have writer’s block. I don’t want to talk about The Passion of the Christ because you’ve already all heard about it too much as it is. I have nothing to talk about this week in wrestling either. So, I will allow you to get into the column with the knowledge that any creativity I’ve had in the past reports is absent here. Let’s just chalk this one up to ‘honing my style.’

Also, I cannot stress this enough: send feedback. If you think I suck, tell me. If you like my stuff, tell me. If you could care less about OVW, tell me. I just want human contact. Or a hooker. A hot hooker.

LAST WEEK:

It turns out OVW wasn’t just screwing with us and Edge really did hurt his ankle.

Nick Dinsmore defeated Seth Skyfire in a non-title match.

Adrenaline were given WWE Developmental contracts.

John Hennigan was fined $1,000 and suspended for 10 days.

Ivory challenged Jillian Hall for March Mayhem.

Inspector Impact and John Lauranitis vs. Sean O’Haire and Matt Morgan was made for March Mayhem.

THIS WEEK:

YOUR Venue: The Davis Arena.

YOUR Recapper: Livin’ on blues power.

Kenny Bolin joins Cornette and Hill at the announce position.

Match 1: Adrenaline defeated Da Beast and Carlos Colon (w/ Kenny Bolin) when Carlos Colon attempted to use Bolin’s briefcase.

Notable Spots: Not really any.
Rating: **1/2 good formula stuff that I enjoyed up until the end.

Commercial.

There is a March Mayhem rundown that lasts a good 15-20 minutes.

Matt Cappoteli (w/ neck brace) comes to the ring for an interview with Jim Cornette. Cappoteli says that Hennigan lives in a fantasy world. He stares at himself in the mirror and even has stupid nicknames for himself. I bet one of those nicknames is Big Shooter. I don’t know why. Just feels right. Jim Cornette says that Hennigan can’t get married because he’s only in love with himself. I hear he can do that in San Francisco. Cappoteli says that he will challenge John Hennigan when his neck gets better. Hennigan (w/ red leather jacket and amplified heel dance) joins us in the ring. He says from now on, he wants to be called JOHNNY SUPERSTAR. He for no reason freaked out as he said that. Cappoteli is held back by some officials in an attempt to get to Hennigan. Hennigan says he wants to fight him next week. Cornette says he can’t and is injured, but Hennigan slaps Cappoteli for incentive. Cornette makes the match for next week.

Commercial.

Match 2: Seth Skyfire defeated Mark Magnus (w/ Nikita) when Nikita tries to give Magnus a foreign object and Alexis Laree jumps her. Magnus went to get the object and was rolled up by Skyfire. WOOO. Afterwards, Max Impact runs in and they beat down Skyfire. Standing Thunder runs in and drives them out with a steel chair while Nikita attacks Laree.

Notable Spots: This whole match was awesome. Skyfire was hitting his high flying and speedy stuff and Magnus kept trying to take him down with submissions that worked his head, which also would help his finishing move, The Finishing Touch (reverse Eye of the Hurricane).

Match Rating: ****1/2 Great stuff.

Commercial.

A video profile of Handsome Jimmy Valliant’s career is shown. Throughout it Jerry Lawler calls Jimmy a fag and a queer, Valliant assaults a black guy and breaks his TV, Valliant makes fun of a Mexican, KO’s an old lady, and when he cuts a promo he sounds retarded. Are they trying to offend people?

Commercial.

Match 3: Johnny Jeter defeated Max Impact when all the Team Players assaulted Johnny Jeter. Then Adrenaline ran in for the save. Then Standing Thunder ran in to help. Then Alexis Laree attacks Nikita. Then O’Haire ran in and cleared some of the ring. Then the entire locker room empties and there is a huge brawl to end the show.
Notable Spots: The huge brawl.

Match Rating: there was no match, but *** for the brawl.

NEXT WEEK:

OVW March Mayhem, a 2 hour spectacular.

You can see the entire OVW roster’s bios, see match results, see tour dates, and buy OVW tapes on www.ovwrestling.com

The Mackem
02-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Good job CoE :y:

I think I'll check that link out.

Champion of Europa
02-29-2004, 11:22 AM
Good job CoE :y:

I think I'll check that link out.

:cool:

The report will be up on 411mania either tonight or tomorrow.

The Mackem
02-29-2004, 11:55 AM
A lot of the guys and gals on the roster sure do have the "Superstar" look about them.

Champion of Europa
02-29-2004, 12:21 PM
A lot of the guys and gals on the roster sure do have the "Superstar" look about them.

Many of them do.

When its like that, picking favorites isn't so hard, because none of them have bad looks to negate how much you enjoy them.

Right now I'm a big mark for Skyfire.