PDA

View Full Version : 7/16 RAW BRAND RESULTS FROM LOUISVILLE, KY - EUGENE APPEARS

Volchok
07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Match 1: Tyson Tomko v. Viscera

No real reaction for Tomko, BIG pop for Vis! You can tell the man enjoys his current gimmick. Match featured the big splash and "dry hump" move from Vis. Match ended when Tomko went for the big boot, but Vis ducked and hit the Embalmer for the pin.

Match 2: OVW Tag Title Match, The Thrillseekers (Matt Capotelli & Johnny Jeter) v. Champions Chad and Tank Toland w/Jillian Hall

Standard tag match featuring the face in peril formula. One of the Tolands (they're hard to tell apart) got the pin on Jeter when Jeter attempted a suplex, but Hall tripped him and held his foot. Jillian Hall has had some enhancement done since the last time I saw her live.

There was then a segment where Jonathan Coachman came out. Talked about how he was there in the place of Eric Bischoff because John Cena had put Bisch on the shelf Monday Night. Set up Shawn Michaels v. Ric Flair and John Cena v. HHH for the World Title later. Coach then brought out Rene Dupree' and bragged about what a great acquisition he was for the RAW brand. Dupree and Coach were talking about their shared greatness when Eugene interrupted. This led to Dupree beheading Eugene's stuffed monkey, which led to a Rock Bottom for Dupree and a Stunner for Coach. Eugene really popped the crowd.

Match 3:IC Title Match, Shelton Benjamin v Champion Carlito Caribbean Cool

Interesting spot before the match when Carlito asked the crowd "Who wants a shirt?" after taking off his WWE Shopzone T. Quite a few in the crowd actually popped for this, after which Carlito gave it to the ring attendant and laughed. Shelton put quite a few nice spots into this match, including a series of turnbuckles smashes on Carlito with 5 smashes on each turnbuckle. There was also a nice spot where Shelton leapt onto the top rope but a Carlito kick led into him falling into a tree-of-woe. Nicest move saw Shelton hit a flying spinning forearm on Carlito. Despite a great effort, Carlito used the feet on the ropes trick to retain the title. Boo.

Match 4 Victoria v. Christy Hemme

Maria was the guest ring announcer for this one. Before the match, Victoria (who seems to be reverting to her nutso character) told Christy she'd missed her and wanted a hug(huh). Christy wasn't having any of it and pinned Victoria after a roll-up. Post match, Victoria punched out Maria and then hit the Widow's Peak on Christy.

Match 5: Edge & Gene Snitsky v. the Big Show & Kane

Edge wins the award for heel heat of the night. The crowd was ALL OVER HIM! I took a restroom break during this one but got back in time to see a neat spot. At one point Show did a body blow on Edge on the ropes. Edge stood there stunned after which Show blew on him and he fell down. Funny stuff. Match ended with a double chokeslam on the heels for the pin.

15 minute intermission. Glad I avoided the bathroom rush.

Match 6: Tajiri v. Kerwin White

Crowd was dead through much of this one. Kind of funny, Kerwin entered to Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight". Kerwin used many parts of his wardrobe, including his shirt and belt, to choke Tajiri while the ref was distracted. Kerwin held the ropes to get the pin on Tajiri. Crowd wasn't into the character even though Chavo tried hard to get it over.

Match 7: WWE Tag Team Titles, The Hearthrobs v. Champions The Hurricane & Rosey

No Super Stacy which disappointed my friend. Rosey had a new outfit, which was kind of cool. Pre-match the crowd chanted "Heartbreakers" in reference to the Hearthrobs OVW roots. " We're the Throbs!" was Antonio's reply. Back and forth match until Rosey and Hurricane hit the Sideslam/Eye Of The Hurricane combo finisher to retain.

Match 8: Shawn Michaels v. Ric Flair

Both guys took the stick before the match. Michaels asked if the crowd was mad that he kicked Hulk Hogan. Crowd popped. Michaels asked if the crowd was mad that he kicked Piper. Crowd popped. Michaels then talked about how much more talented he was than the superstars of the past. Cue Ric Flair. Flair delivered a great promo as always. Pointing to some people in the front row..

"I'm the best there ever was pal. If you don't believe me, ask his wife and ask that guy's girlfriend!"

Kind of a slow paced match that saw Michaels escape the Figure 4 and pull down Flair's tights at one point. Match ended with a Michaels superkick to Flair. Michaels sold the damage to his knee like crazy.

T-shirt guy. Didn't shoot in our direction, grrrrrrr.

Match 9: WWE Title, Triple H v. Champion John Cena

Both superstars got huge pops. I couldn't believe the response Trips got. Standard match for both these two that saw Cena escape the Pedigree to hit the F-U and send the crowd home happy.

Overall, a good show. No return date was set. Merchandise wise, the John Cena "Champ is Here" shirt and Carlito's shirt were selling really well.

Biggest Pops:

1) John Cena
2) Trips(no really)
3) Viscera
4) Shawn Michaels
5) Ric Flair

Biggest Heat:

1) Edge
2) Carlito
3) Chad and Tank Toland

http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=11723&p=1

-------

Pretty cool they did a OVW Tag title match, and Kerwins music... :lol:

Nervous Ferret
07-18-2005, 12:47 AM
This led to Dupree beheading Eugene's stuffed monkey, which led to a Rock Bottom for Dupree and a Stunner for Coach. Eugene really popped the crowd.

ROFL

loopydate
07-18-2005, 12:48 AM
The 'Seekers dropped the belt? Wow.

Maybe this means we'll be seeing a call-up for them. Thrillseekers/MNM was the goods in OVW.

Cuzziebro
07-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Hey, if anyone has a link to the whole show of Raw could they please post it. Lots of Rep if you can. Thanks

Nervous Ferret
07-18-2005, 02:14 AM
it's been posted already by savior. look down the page a little, or possibly on page 2. :y:

TerranRich
07-18-2005, 02:25 AM
Kinda out of place post, cuzziebro619.

Cuzziebro
07-18-2005, 02:48 AM
k thanx

Cuzziebro
07-18-2005, 02:50 AM
I cant find it, r u sure its this weeks Raw that was posted?

TerranRich
07-18-2005, 03:46 AM
*sigh* There are other pages, you know. (http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32972)

Now leave this thread alone! ;) :p

McLegend
07-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I saw pretty much the same show at Wildwood last night.

Except for Eugene coming out and OVW tag team it was the same exact show, And Kerwin's music didn't work:lol:

Also Kerwin White is great

Nervous Ferret
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
I declare TerranRich to be the next Fignuts. ONLY BETTER

TerranRich
07-18-2005, 10:45 PM
:D

Wait, who's Fignuts?

Nervous Ferret
07-18-2005, 11:53 PM
my favorite poster of all time.

He doesn't really post that much, but you'll see him lurk sometimes. He has wits that extend far beyond that of Kane Knight, intelligence that can only be matched by supernaturaul forces,..and ASians. And charm, he has to be the most charming son of a gun to ever grace these fine TPWW.net boards, heck if I was a girl I would give him so much sex you couldn't imagine. And he has a top 5 avatar of all time.

Ahh Fignuts.

.44 Magdalene
07-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Yeah, The Critic is totally underrated.

I mean Fignuts.

Shit.

The One
07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
The Critic is good too ;)

Volchok
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
So is Ecko.. i've heard its very underrated... :shifty: :-\

Volchok
07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
So is Ecko.. i've heard he's very underrated... :shifty: :-\

The One
07-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Oh without a doubt, as I scan posts, as soon as I see EcKo my scroller STOPS! :kiss:

Volchok
07-19-2005, 09:56 PM
:love:

Nervous Ferret
07-19-2005, 10:08 PM
I am actually a fan of The Critic as well. :) POST MORE