PDA

View Full Version : Cruiserweight Battle Royal at WM 20

Loose Cannon
01-18-2004, 12:08 PM
I usually don't post any news from websites on here, but this interested me a little. Take it for what you will. I have been waiting for one of these to happen for a while.

Credit Wrestlingplanet.com

The current plan is to have a lot of the cruiserweights wrestling at WrestleMania 20. However, there is no plan to have them wrestle individual matches, it is likely that they will be put in a gimmick battle royal. This is part of Vince's plan to make WMXX concentrate more on present and future stars as stated in past reports.

Tornado
01-18-2004, 12:14 PM
<font color=#33ffff>That would be pretty sweet...</font>

Nowhere Man
01-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Meh, I think I'll be skipping Wrestlemania. So far, I've seen absolutely nothing on the card that doesn't just flat out piss me off.

MVP
01-18-2004, 12:16 PM
There's a match I've been waiting for, for a long time.

Most likely we'll see these participants:
Rey Mysterio
Ultimo Dragon
Tajiri
Jamie Noble
Billy Kidman
Shannon Moore
Chavo Guerrero
Paul London
Spanky (oh wait :'()

I can't think of anybody else off the top of my head.

Jeremy Christian
01-18-2004, 12:23 PM
There's a match I've been waiting for, for a long time.

Most likely we'll see these participants:
Rey Mysterio
Ultimo Dragon
Tajiri
Jamie Noble
Billy Kidman
Shannon Moore
Chavo Guerrero
Paul London
Spanky (oh wait :'()

I can't think of anybody else off the top of my head.

Akio, Nunzio, you forgot them.

A 10 man Battle Royal. Sounds good to me.

MVP
01-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah Akio and Sakoda make good roster fillers for the match.

loopydate
01-18-2004, 01:54 PM
I know it won't happen this way, but I'd love it if the match was pinfall/submission instead of over-the-top. Can you imagine 10 cruiserweights hitting planchas and topes and corkscrew bodypresses without being eliminated? Although, WWE can't, so I guess we won't see it...

Loose Cannon
01-18-2004, 01:58 PM
I know it won't happen this way, but I'd love it if the match was pinfall/submission instead of over-the-top. Can you imagine 10 cruiserweights hitting planchas and topes and corkscrew bodypresses without being eliminated? Although, WWE can't, so I guess we won't see it...

:drool: :drool: :drool: That reminds me of WCW when the cruiser's ruled the show.

Evil Vito
01-18-2004, 02:00 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I think they'll have: Mysterio, Kidman, Tajiri, Moore, Noble, London, Funaki, Chavo, Ultimo, Akio, Sakoda, and Nunzio

Also, it wouldn't hurt them to bring in Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, and AJ Styles.</font> :shifty:

Jeremy Christian
01-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Yeah Akio and Sakoda make good roster fillers for the match.

The sadder thing is that Sakoda isn't a cruiserweight.

John la Rock
01-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I'm for it :y:

The Icon of Elisim
01-18-2004, 03:28 PM
I'd rather see a turmoil match, like from Armagedeon.

It would be a better showcase of the crusierweights talents.

Sephiroth
01-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Would be cool, maybe there gonna use Ultimo a bit more :shifty:

KayfabeMan
01-18-2004, 03:42 PM
WCW when the cruiser's ruled the show.

:y:

Hardkore Kidd J
01-18-2004, 03:51 PM
The pinfall submission thing sounds right for me. I am the type of person who likes to see a lot of high flying moves. Put that in and I will be watching WM [even if I don't have a cable box]

Loose Cannon
01-18-2004, 04:37 PM
I just read on that same site that Spike Dudley was going to switch to Smackdown and become part of the cruiserweight division.

The Show Off
01-18-2004, 04:45 PM
I've always been a fan of Spike.

loopydate
01-18-2004, 04:53 PM
I'd buy Spike as the "Hardcore" cruiserweight. Sort of like La Parka in WCW (even though he wasn't technically a cruiser) with his whole "Chairman" gimmick or Super Crazy/Tajiri/Little Guido in ECW.

Sephiroth
01-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I'd buy Spike as the "Hardcore" cruiserweight. Sort of like La Parka in WCW (even though he wasn't technically a cruiser) with his whole "Chairman" gimmick or Super Crazy/Tajiri/Little Guido in ECW.

yeah...La Parka he was cool :y:

natureboycv
01-18-2004, 05:05 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>That would be pretty cool. Not that I ever get to watch PPVs... :(

But it would be cool.</font></b>

The CyNick
01-18-2004, 11:33 PM
It would be nice to see all those guys on the show at Mania, but why bother putting anyone on the show who the fans dont even know about (like 75% of the CWs).

In my opinion, it would be much better for the division to come up with a solid fued for Rey (perhaps with Chavo) that is promoted as a major match on the show (I'm literally laughing out loud as I type this), which would put over the division.

In the meantime on TV they can feature more of the CWs on Smackdown and get the fans familiar with them so they can become viable contenders for the CW title in the future. Maybe do a #1 contenders tournament on TV and get over people that way.

A battle royal is a bad idea because you cant showcase their true talents in a battle royal. As someone else mentioned, if they have to use all the CW guys in a CF match, then at least make it a Gauntlet match where they can actually work. Of course the problem with that match is that it will only get like 12 minutes, which means people will get pinned too quickly, and most fo the guys will not get over from the match.