PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd Agree Saha Fee

Da Stinga
01-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Credit: Sky Sports:

Manchester United have confirmed they have reached an agreement in principle with Fulham for the transfer of French striker Louis Saha.
The deal, which is subject to a number of conditions by The Cottagers, is expected to be concluded next week, with the hit-man set to make his debut against Southampton.

Saha is cup-tied, having featured against Cheltenham Town in the third round of the FA Cup, and will not be available to play Northampton Town in round four, but should be available for Sir Alex Ferguson for the visit of The Saints on January 31.

United's goal-scoring problems have been high-lighted in recent weeks, after failing to score in their home clash against Newcastle United and defeat to Wolves on Saturday.

"Manchester United can confirm that they have reached agreement in principle with Fulham Football Club for the transfer of registration of Louis Saha, but this is subject to a number of conditions," United said in a statement.

"Manchester United expects these conditions to be resolved within the next week and will make a further announcement on completion."

---

Bout time this was sorted out, jus gotta wait a while for him to make his debut.

Stinga

Disturbed316
01-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I really dont see whats so special about Saha :|

The Mackem
01-18-2004, 04:27 PM
He's french. I can't think of much else.

Cactus Sid
01-18-2004, 05:38 PM
They could get Defoe for half the price, he's twice the player, will score twice as many goals, and is younger. But if it's Saha they want.

Rob
01-19-2004, 12:22 AM
I didn't want him.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-19-2004, 08:52 AM
They could get Defoe for half the price, he's twice the player, will score twice as many goals, and is younger. But if it's Saha they want.

How do you know that when they haven't announced a figure yet :$

Mike
01-19-2004, 10:58 AM
Sid is jealous of everything United ever do ..

Wengerland
01-19-2004, 11:31 AM

Not with ya on the twice the player and twice the goals thing,Saha has got about 15 in 22 i saw the other day,Defoe has got near enough 15,maybe in less games but thats cause he's always getting suspended,something which Saha isn't doing.Plus Defoe is playing against poorer defences.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
This from a supporter of a team who signed emile heskey for 11 million quid

Cactus Sid
01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Wow, a lot aimed at me here.

How do you know that when they haven't announced a figure yet :$

They said Defoe would be around £5 million, Saha's going for what, 10-12? That's pretty accurate.

Sid is jealous of everything United ever do ..

Do you want me to go into a long speel about how off the mark you are here? United are the 2nd best club in the country, I give them that credit. But I'm a Liverpool fan, and I despise Manchester United fans, because they refuse to hear a word said against the team, Manchester United are always right, never wrong.... I don't think so.

Not with ya on the twice the player and twice the goals thing,Saha has got about 15 in 22 i saw the other day,Defoe has got near enough 15,maybe in less games but thats cause he's always getting suspended,something which Saha isn't doing.Plus Defoe is playing against poorer defences.

Saha has had one good season. Defoe has been consistent, despite being restricted before last season. Last season he was by far their best player, and this season the team is being built around him, he has pace and a natural eye for goal, something which would gel well with Van Nistelrooy, who has shown himself, while being the top finisher in the country, to be a hold up player, especially this season now that he has to work harder without Beckham to put the ball on a plate for him. Defoe would be perfect to partner him, while Saha... I have my doubts. If Saha can continue his current form, I will change my opinion, but I don't think he will. Defoe has been suspended a lot due to his temprament, something that United would probably curb. Also, while the defences are technically "poorer" they are a lot rougher in the lower leagues, its a different style of game. With the more open style of the Premiership, Defoe would thrive.

Take note Mike.... I praised United a couple of times here.

This from a supporter of a team who signed emile heskey for 11 million quid

I don't quite understand the context of this.... are you suggesting that it was the supporters idea to sign Emile Heskey? Heskey is a donkey, like half of the sh</>ite Houllier has brought in. If Liverpool were to sign Jermain Defoe tomorrow I'd be delighted. I'm really not quite sure what your trying to say here... are you suggesting that because I support Liverpool, I therefore know nothing about football, despite the fact I started to support them when they were the most exciting team in the league, and have stuck with them, even when they played sh</>ite. I think your comment is rather misplaced.

Wengerland
01-19-2004, 03:28 PM
I just don't think Defoe has done much in the premiership,i'd agree that he was the Hammers best player last season but didn't score too many and even if he has done ok in the lower divisions when Fulham brought Saha they were in div 1 and was top scorer if i remember rightly.

About div 1 though,the defences may be tougher but they definetly aren't as good,for example Pompey scored over 100 last season and have only got 3 goals away from home in the premiership all season.Leicester were known as the toughest,most physical team in div 1 last year but now we're in the premier league our defence is crap compared to the others.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-19-2004, 04:44 PM
AFAIK Defoe going for £5m was only while West Ham needed the money...now they've sold James I don't think he'll leave for anything like that :o

Sin Harvest
01-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Heskey is a donkey...

Took the words right outta my mouth!

As for Saha going to Man United...meh, might be interesting to see how he pairs up with Nistelrooy and/or Forlan.

Wengerland
01-20-2004, 09:45 AM
AFAIK Defoe going for £5m was only while West Ham needed the money...now they've sold James I don't think he'll leave for anything like that :o

I thought they were definetly going to sell him after they brought Marlon Harewood,they may not be desperate for the money but they should have more than good enough cover in Deane,Connolly and Harewood.I doubt Defoe's completely happy so if they sell him then they could get a bit more than £5 million.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-20-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't quite understand the context of this.... are you suggesting that it was the supporters idea to sign Emile Heskey? Heskey is a donkey, like half of the sh</>ite Houllier has brought in. If Liverpool were to sign Jermain Defoe tomorrow I'd be delighted. I'm really not quite sure what your trying to say here... are you suggesting that because I support Liverpool, I therefore know nothing about football, despite the fact I started to support them when they were the most exciting team in the league, and have stuck with them, even when they played sh</>ite. I think your comment is rather misplaced.
I'm suggesting that your club should get their own house in order before it's supporters can start sprouting on about who is value for money and who isn't. Heskey was never and will never be worth 11 million pounds much like saha is not worth the £10 million+ Manchester United are paying

Wengerland
01-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Heskey was the man when he played here.The thing is at the better clubs is the expectation increases loads,at Leicester we just wanted Heskey as a foil and creater who could maybe pitch in with nearly 10 goals a season.At Liverpool he's needed to get a minimum of 10 and i'm not blaming them for that,its just that if thats what was needed then you should have brought someone else.£11m was a bit generous but i'd say he was worth about 8 at least(could be biased) but at the end of the day the pressure will get to him,and i'm sad to say it but the same probably happened with Akinbiyi,although Heskey hasn't missed so many.

PR you can't really criticise the Liverpool fans though,it's not as if they were the ones to buy Heskey or said that £11m was good value.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-20-2004, 10:39 AM
PR you can't really criticise the Liverpool fans though,it's not as if they were the ones to buy Heskey or said that £11m was good value.
Hmmm i suppose i was abit harsh on sid but i was fuelled by my hatred towards heskey and the fact that he cost me top spot in my works fantasy team last season. I left in him in the hope he'd actually do something after his goal against arsenal last season. Boy was i wrong

Wengerland
01-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Hmmm i suppose i was abit harsh on sid but i was fuelled by my hatred towards heskey and the fact that he cost me top spot in my works fantasy team last season. I left in him in the hope he'd actually do something after his goal against arsenal last season. Boy was i wrong

Ok then,i just personally hold Heskey in high regard from his time here and for the contribution to Gary Lineker's consortium.

Rob
01-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I like Defoe but if he was as good as everything thinks then he would be in the Premiership and England squad by now.

Cactus Sid
01-20-2004, 05:31 PM
I like Defoe but if he was as good as everything thinks then he would be in the Premiership and England squad by now.

I'm not really sure what Eriksson is playing at by not at least giving him the chance, as he hasn't done badly at under 21 level, and England are in desperate need of a couple of top-quality strikers, its just a case of giving the guy a break.

I'm also sure of 2 things about the reason he isn't playing in the premiership. Number 1, in the summer they rejected a few bids for him, and now, he's priced out of a lot of teams budgets, and some teams just aren't looking until the end of the season when they have guaranteed funds.

Also PR, your just basically stating that because something is bad, the people it effects are devoid of the right to say something else. That's pretty arse-backward really.

The Mackem
01-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Let's face it Saha isn't world-class. If I was connected with United I'd expect somebody better than Saha and Defoe who are no better that what they've already got in my opinion.

Danny Electric
01-21-2004, 01:23 PM
What's with the anti Heskey abuse. The problem with Saha is that he's not a consistent player and United need another consistent striker, because if Van Nisleroy gets injured then Utd are messed up.
What's with the anti Heskey people. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but Heskey is one of the hardest working players out there and if most of the Liverpool team was thr same then we'd be in a better position than we are. He might not be the most confident on the ball but I think he's a great asset to the club.

Rob
01-21-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm not really sure what Eriksson is playing at by not at least giving him the chance, as he hasn't done badly at under 21 level, and England are in desperate need of a couple of top-quality strikers, its just a case of giving the guy a break.

I'm also sure of 2 things about the reason he isn't playing in the premiership. Number 1, in the summer they rejected a few bids for him, and now, he's priced out of a lot of teams budgets, and some teams just aren't looking until the end of the season when they have guaranteed funds.

Also PR, your just basically stating that because something is bad, the people it effects are devoid of the right to say something else. That's pretty arse-backward really.

Of course it has to do with him being in Division 1. If he can barely score there (and thats when he isn't suspended) then how can you throw him into international football. The golf of class is miles apart from Division 1 and international football too.

Personally I think Alan Smith is miles better and deserves a break. Hell James Beattie deserves a chance at a full game on his goal record alone.