PDA

View Full Version : Big News: Muhammed Hassan possibly going from WWE Smackdown?

snakeboss
07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
UPN has told WWE that they do not want the Muhammed Hassan character on their network again.

Hassan has been kept off WWE television for the last two weeks ever since they aired footage of him and a terror cell on the same day as the London attacks.

We'll keep you posted.

Well if the worst comes to the worst, Hassan and Davairi will be moved back to Raw, in my opinion. And that will mean Smackdown were screwed over once again.

Londoner
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
We haven't seen any of Hassan's stuff the last two weeks here in the UK, UPN are a bunch of fucking cunts. Hassan was one of my favs and he had potential.Seems like he was right all along about that prejudice bullshit going on in the US.

Schoenauer
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
UPN does not deserve to air SmackDown! all because of this.

Xero
07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
That's not great for SmackDown!... Obviously he'll go to RAW, unless they go with a unique angle where he has his lawyer do all of his talking on SmackDown! and only work PPVs. That could actually work, as he's never actually shown on the show. They could boost Velocity ratings by having him run his angle on there as well.

But he'll more than likely end up back on RAW after GAB. I just hope that the Undertaker does the job.

Danny Electric
07-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Taker won't job now.

Danny Electric
07-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Bring the iron sheik back

Volchok
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Taker never jobs...

Xero
07-21-2005, 12:28 PM
If they want to push Hassan, he has to go over The Undertaker. With this whole thing of him being banned from SmackDown!, it could be something that jump starts a major push for him.

snakeboss
07-21-2005, 12:29 PM
If Hassan is sent back to Raw, I hope someone from Raw is sent to replace him. I would say Carlito, but he's IC champ. I wonder who they'd send to replace Hassan...Rob Conway probably... :shifty:

The Gooch
07-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Bring the iron sheik back

:yes:

:drool:

That would be so fun in a campy sort of way.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Wow. UPN are a bunch of pussies. They're trying to cover their asses against sue-happy idiots who are easily offended by even slightly cooled coffee, but it's still idiotic.

WWE only has one more month on UPN tho... so what's the worst that can happen? Even if he's gone for a couple of months, he can still stay on SD. He can just come back and talk about how he was extremely screwed by the network and such.

But this is idiotic. America has turned into pussies. We can support a war, but when it comes to being possibly unPC, OH NO!!! THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!!!

:roll: :roll:

Gone Mad
07-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, better for Hassan if they send him back to Raw as he is a great character that should be out there, but since they are stupid, they'll release him. And since we'd be trading people, I'd say trade him for Edge or Masters or both.

Londoner
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Sometimes i wonder how free a country America really is, especially when stuff like this happens.

LK
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Send him back to Raw with a shit load of new material about the media forcing him off of Smackdown.

PureHatred
07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Corky, WWE has only one more month on Spike. The UPN deal runs until next year.

Also, what's the source on this news story? With the way that the WWE has manipulated the media lately, they would probably announce it themselves if UPN has forced the issue with Hassan.

I hope its not true, mainly becuase its killing my fantasy team.

SuperSlim
07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
man that's screwed up how UPN are actin like a bunch of punks like this

Pepsi Man
07-21-2005, 12:38 PM
They should throw him on there anyway. UPN and WWE already can't have much loveloss, with UPN's plans on sending SmackDown! to Friday nights and such.

6to1
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
i thought they had another year with upn, but it would be better if the wwe left upn rather then move to friday nights, get a thursday night out of usa, maby talk an hour out of nbc usa's parent company.

Psycho C
07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
To all of you who think Hassan should still go over Taker: if he goes back to Raw, he loses his WHC title shot. The winner of Taker/Hassan gets a TITLE SHOT. There is no way Taker will job to Hassan after that whole choke-out anyway, and Hassan is not ready for a main event push since he never earned his stripes with a lesser title.

Corkscrewed
07-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Corky, WWE has only one more month on Spike. The UPN deal runs until next year.Oh... my bad.

No one will be watching on Friday nights, so I say put him on anyway. Those who complain will obviously be the ones with no lives. :lol:

Shaggy
07-21-2005, 01:18 PM
so this just means taker will win at the ppv...and Hassan will be gone for a while and then show up on Raw using this whole....Wasnt wanted on Smackdown thing as a angle....

Psycho C
07-21-2005, 01:22 PM
It's perfect heat for him.

PorkSoda
07-21-2005, 01:23 PM
UPN sucks for that. HAHA!

Mr. JL
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Now Hassan can go back to RAW and say he was kicked off Smack Down and UPN because he's an arab american

Shadow
07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
But this is idiotic. America has turned into pussies. We can support a war, but when it comes to being possibly unPC, OH NO!!! THE GERMANS ARE COMING!!!!

:roll: :roll:

Welcome to the 1950s man. Where you can't talk about things that are controversially or The First Lady will faint. You can't disscuss the fact that a wrestler might have a great gimmiack that causes people to talk or the fact that homosexuals want to have the same rights as married people. That would be...downright fair to some people and damn it...it's not America!

Blanka
07-21-2005, 05:44 PM
UPN is bullshit anyway.

Batsu
07-21-2005, 06:07 PM
That's to be expected from The United Paramount Network.

Screw The Mountain of Doom.

SmackDown should be on another channel, anyway.

Oh, and BTW...

Also, what's the source on this news story? With the way that the WWE has manipulated the media lately, they would probably announce it themselves if UPN has forced the issue with Hassan.

Boondock Saint
07-21-2005, 06:20 PM
From Wrestlezone...

As reported, UPN has requested that WWE remove Muhammad Hassan from SmackDown. The WWE writing team has not made an official decision regarding Hassan's future as a character, but only two suggestions are really getting notice at this point.

One, as noted earlier, would see Undertaker kill the Hassan character off at Great American Bash. Since Hassan was scheduled to defeat Undertaker and wrestle Batista for the World Title at Summerslam, it would be interesting to see how WWE would go about changing plans for this Sunday's PPV and, consequently, Summerslam.

The other would be to send Hassan back to RAW, so that Hassan could go into a tirade about being censored by SmackDown. The fear associated with moving Hassan to RAW is that the media would continue to express outrage and force Spike TV to also nix the character, at which point, WWE would look foolish. In fact, Spike TV might have already informed WWE that it has no interest in carrying the character, which would force WWE to further investigate the other option.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kill off"? WTF, like a Paul Bearer type thing? :roll:

Disturbed316
07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
He could do a Chavo and denounce his arabic herritage and change his name to John Smith.

Ruien
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks for giving the spoiler Batista is going to win. :|

vampiro03
07-21-2005, 06:32 PM
this is bullshit! I LOVED to hate that guy! thats what an awesome heel does. he makes you love to hate him.

this WHOLE THREAD is a spoiler! I haven't WATCHED SD YET!

John la Rock
07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
FUCK UPN. HASSAN RULES

Schoenauer
07-21-2005, 06:48 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hassanwwe

Someone1001
07-21-2005, 07:01 PM
"It is uncertain as to whether or not the WWE will continue with this character beyond this Sunday’s Pay-Per-View, The Great American Bash."

Um...knowing how the WWE operates...I'd assume the answer to be a resounding yes?

The Answer
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks for giving the spoiler Batista is going to win. :|

LOL You though JBL had a chance? Hassan will get moved to Raw and than will have even more beef with Americans :lol:

PureHatred
07-21-2005, 07:16 PM
"It is uncertain as to whether or not the WWE will continue with this character beyond this Sunday’s Pay-Per-View, The Great American Bash."

That part of the statement worries me.

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
oh what the fuck. Everytime Taker is gonna put someone over, some shit happens. Orton gets injured, UPN pussies out. Fuck this shit.

The Answer
07-21-2005, 07:21 PM

That part of the statement worries me.

It basically makes everything Hassan was saying true....

The Answer
07-21-2005, 07:22 PM
oh what the fuck. Everytime Taker is gonna put someone over, some shit happens. Orton gets injured, UPN pussies out. Fuck this shit.

They might as well make the match at GAB a buried alive match.....

Shadow
07-21-2005, 07:22 PM

Taker seems to be more wrestling bad luck then Lita. Or Baldcore.

Nervous Ferret
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Taker's using his "powers"

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 07:25 PM
If Hassan takes a pin from Taker, you can kiss his heat goodbye

Corkscrewed
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
You didn't know that Taker is in charge of the Jewish mafia?\

Explains why Orton "mysteriously" got an injury and how he controls the media... :shifty:

Shadow
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
If Hassan takes a pin from Taker, you can kiss his heat goodbye

His heat went goodbye when the WWE took his character in this direction.

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 07:37 PM
what are you talking about? He's getting more heat then ever before right now.

RK0
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
He could do a Chavo and denounce his arabic herritage and change his name to John Smith.

........that ACTUALLY MIGHT work......

u03gks
07-21-2005, 07:53 PM
........that ACTUALLY MIGHT work......

No fucking way would that work now. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that might be the stupidest thing that they could do with him now. Hassan has to get the victory over 'Taker at GAB or his heat is all but gone.

I quite like the idea of continuing to have his solicitior represent him on SmackDown! until such time as UPN pulls it's head out of it's ass over the Hassan character. Can they not see that it's a potential ratings winner as well?

RGWhat316
07-21-2005, 07:55 PM
This does suck to hear. But when WWE started this character, we all knew there was going to be problems. But this one is all of bad timing. There's a terrorist act outside of the US, and right away, Hassan becomes the focus. Now, I'm not a big fan of the Arabs, but this just proves that everything Hassan said is right. He had a good 8 month run, but looks like he's gonna be doing something else now.

u03gks
07-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Now, I'm not a big fan of the Arabs

:roll:
:wtf:

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 07:57 PM
lol. hillarious.

PureHatred
07-21-2005, 07:58 PM
I actually liked Hassan more when he was using the prejudice in the crowd and turning it around. He was basically being booed for no reason other than he was "Arabic" and when he threw that in the faces of the fans, they hated him even more.

But by running this "terrorist attack" angle, they basically proved that fans right: he became the stereotype.

But of course since this was the Undertaker, they had to run something extreme; the way he's written, there's no way to actually take him out under 'normal' circumstances.

I don't know. I think Hassan was one of the most uniquely written "evil foreigner" characters in the history of wrestling; he was like a walking lesson in the dynamics of racism in America. But because of the way that people are, maybe this was inevitable.

Shadow
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM
what are you talking about? He's getting more heat then ever before right now.

I'm talking about how this move really hurt the character. I agree with you on the heat he was getting before the "Incident" was great. I loved to hate him. It was actually fun to hate him. Because I knew the character was still "redeemable". I like heels that have a "redeeming" quality about them.

Now...if he's got nothing. And without him being on my TV...I can't hate him and see if he's still redeemable. Therefore...no heat.

Hmmmm..

Hassan=TNA.

u03gks
07-21-2005, 08:03 PM
The Hassan character has to be one of my favourite characters conceived of all time. I just wish that they had used him better in countries outwith the United States. For example, at the RAW house show I attended here in Scotland, they should have had him cut a promo criticising Blair and Bush (which would have drawn decent pops) and praising the way in which the Scottish people tend to integrate multi-ethnicity to a very good degree.

The same should have occured in Canada, etc. IMO

Batsu
07-21-2005, 08:06 PM
So this is actually true... [reads WWE link]

Fuck UPN.

The best thing for WWE to do is to make this an angle. "Hassan: Banned from UPN."

darkpower
07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Remember, though. UPN only asked that they not use the Hassan character (according to the WWE link). Nothing has been said that they are being forced to take him off. Nothing has been said as to what would be done if the WWE refused to take him off. And with Vince's stubborness, I would say that he doesn't care what anyone says to him. He went through with a father vs. daughter match in a state that fined them for having that match in their state (at No Mercy 2003).

My guess is that UPN is STILL scared about the PTC thing.

darkpower
07-21-2005, 08:35 PM
<U> <H3 class=storytitle id=post-3761> (http://www.rajah.com/base/showstory.php?p=3761)Muhammad Hassan Character Dropped from WWE (http://www.rajah.com/base/showstory.php?p=3761)

Filed under:

(http://www.rajah.com/base/showstory.php?p=3761)News (http://www.rajah.com/base/category/news/)
- (http://www.rajah.com/base/showstory.php?p=3761)Henry Walk (HenryWalk@gmail.com) @ 7:20 pm EDT
According to Dave Meltzer, WWE has decided to drop the Muhammad Hassan angle and the character all together. This is all due to the recent bad feedback regarding the angle.

So it appears as he will not be on RAW or SmackDown. No word on what will be done with Hassan himself, from what we know, WWE still wants to employ him.

We hope to have more on this story later.
</U> (http://www.rajah.com/base/showstory.php?p=3761)</H3>

Nervous Ferret
07-21-2005, 08:41 PM
WTF no

darkpower
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
What is this going to do to the GAB match? That's what I'm wondering.

I'm starting to think that the WWE had a say in this, and both Vince and UPN decided it.

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
fuckin mother fucker. you got to be kidding me

Nervous Ferret
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
maaybe BJL will go over 'tista now [/hopeful]

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
all this work for nothing. How do you do that to the guy. Get out of here.

darkpower
07-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't know if UPN would be glad to see Hassan on any show talking about how he was "discriminated against". They would want to fuck him up while he was on Spike TV/USA, as well, since it would be someone talking bad about them on another network, and could produce a lawsuit, even though Spike is owned by Viacom, as well.

Shadow
07-21-2005, 09:32 PM
WWE sure likes to fuck themselves up all the time don't they?

darkpower
07-21-2005, 09:35 PM
WWE sure likes to fuck themselves up all the time don't they?
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His character was good until they went and pulled that shit.

Further evidence as to why David Laguana needs to be fired NOW!

Shadow
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. His character was good until they went and pulled that shit.

Further evidence as to why David Laguana needs to be fired NOW!

Several people need to be fired besides David Laguana. Oh and several people on the UPN side also needs to be fired as well.

Batsu
07-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Dammit. That means no Hassan in WWE video games.

Edit: FUCK UPN.

Hired Hitman
07-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Hassan will wrestle the undertaker at the bash...

It's a work.. it always is... yep.... it.. sure is...

Hired Hitman
07-21-2005, 09:53 PM
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jamessibley/random/hassantaker_winningpoll.jpg

:cool:

Loose Cannon
07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
yea lol. I looked at that like an hour ago and then voted for the Hassan match.

vampiro03
07-21-2005, 09:58 PM
What is this going to do to the GAB match? That's what I'm wondering.

I'm starting to think that the WWE had a say in this, and both Vince and UPN decided it.

This is bullshit! people who NEVER watch wrestling can decide what is appropriate? Fuck that! fuck upn and vince for not telling upn to suck it! its WRESTLING! if New Jack can STILL wrestle and hassan can't, thats fucked up. hassan hasn't assulted (more than once) his fellow workers purposfully. upn is a scared little girl.

darkpower
07-21-2005, 09:58 PM
It's a work.. it always is... yep.... it.. sure is...
Actually...it might actually be. Never thought of that.

They're doing it with the Matt Hardy/Edge thing on RAW, maybe they're using this controversy to their advantage and making us THINK that they are doing this to Hassan.

Maybe soon we will see a UPN "official" be on SmackDown and try to explain himself or something.

Now that he said that, got me thinking: Don't believe anything anymore. ANYTHING can be a work anymore.

Hired Hitman
07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I can't believe JBL Vs Batista is getting more votes than Rey vs Eddie :( .... EVEN the Bra and Panties match is getting more votes than Rey/Eddie :'(

SuperSlim
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
this is straight crazy

Hired Hitman
07-21-2005, 11:11 PM
WE WANT PUPPIES!

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Don't blame the WWE for this.

The One
07-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Why is it that WWE has tried to get a character that everyone will chant USA at and still pay to see, and the first time they actually have someone like that in the past decade they decide to rop it??? But on the plus side, it Vince & Co continue to kill everything possitive they have going for themselves I win the pool bet on them being dead and burried in the next 2 years.

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2005, 11:20 PM
*sigh*

THE WWE DID NOT WANT TO DROP THIS ANGLE.

But what the fuck were they supposed to do?

They were getting all of this bad publicity by idiots who don't even watch the product on a regular basis. And UPN was putting major pressure on them. The last thing they want to do is to sour the already strained relationship between them and UPN.

Savio
07-21-2005, 11:21 PM
The least they should do is pull a Kerwin white like angle for him.

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2005, 11:23 PM
WWE Statement Concerning Muhammad Hassan

Due to the unfortunate terrorist attacks in London on Thursday, July 7, which coincided with our pre-produced WWE SmackDown! program, UPN has asked us to be sensitive to the usage of the Arab-American character, Muhammad Hassan. We have agreed with UPN, and have not had the character on SmackDown! since that date. It is uncertain as to whether or not the WWE will continue with this character beyond this Sunday’s Pay-Per-View, The Great American Bash.

Mayo
07-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Really bad break for both Magnus and the WWE. Magnus played the Hassan character so well and he was easily on his way to being the top heel on Smackdown. Then WWE gets some back luck followed by poor judgment with the terror attacks occurring on the same day as Smackdown, even though the show was taped two days before. If WWE had edited out the Hassan segment from that version of Smackdown, none of this would have happened because everyone in the media would still be quite oblivious that the character even existed. Really fucking shitty circumstances here, and I will really miss Muhammad Hassan :-\

The One
07-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Still, why not put him on RAW? It is a solid character, and if I recall correctly, there was a time when WWE took ricks and put their balls out there and made daring moves that not only shocked but entertained. Hassan is entertaining. He is also a draw. WWE is backing down when they infact have done nothing wrong. Hassan is an American who's character happens to be Arab. He doesn't threaten terrorist attacks. What next, some Mexicans blow up a building and suddenly Eddie Guerrero should stay off TV? If you ask me, WWE had one of the best angles in history, and best of all, if you look at it, nothing offensive was done...by anyone...ever involved with the storyline.

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2005, 11:29 PM
But how could the WWE have possibly known that someone would be stupid enough to mistaken guys in ski masks as terrorists?

The One
07-21-2005, 11:32 PM
It is a point about assumtions. WWE was correct. Nothing about them suggested they were Arab, and everyone jumped to that conclussion. It was genius. Taking people's natural chain of thought and show them how wrong they can be.

FearedSanctity
07-21-2005, 11:36 PM
So, UPN decided to air the segment when they could've just as easily chosen not to, and the WWE has to pay for it?

Bullshit...

KingofOldSchool
07-21-2005, 11:37 PM
And you have to look at it from the WWE's perspective.

You get the media on your ass about having "Terrorists" on your show, then you will get the redneck hee-haws who will be so upset at it that they will stop watching.

It's one of the "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations.

PureHatred
07-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Why is it that WWE has tried to get a character that everyone will chant USA at and still pay to see, and the first time they actually have someone like that in the past decade they decide to rop it??? But on the plus side, it Vince & Co continue to kill everything possitive they have going for themselves I win the pool bet on them being dead and burried in the next 2 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on the current value of their stock, their intellectual properties, and their video catalog, the WWE would have to lose soemwhere in the neighborhood of $200 million/yr for the next two year for that to happen. They're a monopoly basically. This si like Microsoft having a bad quarter and then predicitng them to go belly up.

Its more likely that our grandkids will be watching the WWE.

TerranRich
07-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Quite a lot of you guys are forgetting one thing: the "terrorist" angle had a point. And it was furthered in Hassan's WWE.com Smackdown speech. He explained hiis actions and basically, in the end, people calling those guys in ski masks terrorists assumingly just proved his point about prejudice and generalizations.

All you guys can say is "oh no, the terrorist angle was a bad move and made Hassan look like a hypocrite/stereotype."

EH! Wrong.

The CyNick
07-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Its fucking bullshit.

UPN has stopped the WWE from using a "terrorist" character, yet there are how many other shows on other networks that can portray the exact same thing, and actually even worse.

Welcome to Nazi Germ--USA.

You know its so funny, maybe sad actually, how this character, and what he says has come to life. When he is in an arena fans chant USA, yet he's an American just like them. He finally gets a chance to headline (sorta), get a title shot anyway at one of the major PPVs, and he has it taken away because of what people precieve as being terrorist actions.

Hassan should be the biggest babyface int he company right now.

I feel bad for Magnus, or whatever his real name is, because the sad thing is, even if they do re-package him, he'll never get another gimmick as good as this.

Actually, what they should do is re-package him as a pro-American military kid who served in Iraq, was injured, and now wants to enter the WWE. He could carry around the flag, say the Pledge, and call all brown people terrorists and say we should wipe them all off the face of the earth....UPN and the rest of the American media-fags would love him and they'd put him on the cover of Time magazine as Man of the Year.

I miss the time when we used to have Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Expression. Those were good times.

The One
07-21-2005, 11:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Based on the current value of their stock, their intellectual properties, and their video catalog, the WWE would have to lose soemwhere in the neighborhood of $200 million/yr for the next two year for that to happen. They're a monopoly basically. This si like Microsoft having a bad quarter and then predicitng them to go belly up.

Its more likely that our grandkids will be watching the WWE.

Their current value of stock is 11.75, their ratings are falling, buyrates are not looking good, and while they do have a monopoly in the wrestling business, the entire industry is falling steadly. WWE was closer to backruptcy in the mid 90's then anyone really realised, and currently they are drawing about the same amount of people only now they have many more people signed to multi million dollar contracts then they did before.

PureHatred
07-22-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm not going to make this a big issue but: the advantage of being a publicly owned company, especially one where a huge majority is still owned by the corporation, is that you can always sell the stocks as a source of revenue.

The quarterly projections of the WWE corporation still have them making money, the profit margin is just smaller than anticipated. As I mentioned their video catalog means they have a guarantedd source of revenue (they're contract with On0Demand is guaranteed for another 5 years and they still sell insane amounts of DVDs/videos.)

Plus, almost none of their big money contracts are guaranteed. They didn't go the WCW route.

I'm not arguing; its just a fact. The WWE is healthy enough that it would take 8-10 years of terrible, awful business for it to go completely out of business. So unless a meteor hits Stamford, it going totally bankrupt by 2007-08 is just not realistic.

YOUR Hero
07-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Didn't read this whole thread, but has anyone stopped to think this might be another realism angle by the WWE.

The One
07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Good point Hero...I don't think anyone has thought about that yet...though I am guessing we will know the truth in 7 days.

darkpower
07-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Didn't read this whole thread, but has anyone stopped to think this might be another realism angle by the WWE.
Heh...that's what I said earlier in this thread.

Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised. They're doing this now with Hardy, and TNA has been blasting them for it. It seems to be working, so why not. And like I said, don't take everything the WWE says that could be viewed as a shoot as a shoot anymore.

I wonder how much of this the internet will take before they become sick of it?

darkpower
07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Actually...it might actually be. Never thought of that.

They're doing it with the Matt Hardy/Edge thing on RAW, maybe they're using this controversy to their advantage and making us THINK that they are doing this to Hassan.

Maybe soon we will see a UPN "official" be on SmackDown and try to explain himself or something.

Now that he said that, got me thinking: Don't believe anything anymore. ANYTHING can be a work anymore.

Danny Electric
07-22-2005, 12:37 AM
This sucks.
We've all seemed to forget about someone else ruined by this, my Persian friend Shawn Daviari.

Savio
07-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Tribute to hassan.

http://hassantribute.ytmnd.com/

TerranRich
07-22-2005, 01:26 AM
Any relation to the Daivari we know? ;)

TerranRich
07-22-2005, 01:28 AM
LOL: RIP Muhammad Hassan & Daivari: 2004-2005 :p

Savio
07-22-2005, 01:31 AM
If WWE had edited out the Hassan segment from that version of Smackdown, none of this would have happened because everyone in the media would still be quite oblivious that the character even existed. Really fucking shitty circumstances here, and I will really miss Muhammad Hassan :-\Yeah the terrorist finally hit america hard.
---------------
UPN needs to think if they take Hassan of the terrorists won.

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Seriously... you're right.

If all of this news is true and real, then it's utter bullshit. You have a guy who makes brilliant points about much of America's inherent racism, and now corporate bigwigs are playing right into this story's hands. But the WWE's a bit spineless for dropping him. They knew they'd run into this... they just probably figured it wouldn't be as intense. So when the fire rises up... they run.

FUCK UPN. Use this as a lesson in racial bigotry. Air that promo Hassan made about how hypocritical people are. The one that I wanted to hear was Hassan rip the fans for mindlessly chanting "USA! USA!" just because he was talking.

This is America in the 21st century: controlled by the government, scared by terrorists, regressed to the PC age where you can hardly say or do anything without fear of some lawsuit from some group who... actually has a chance of winning it.

Did you think that in the year 2005, we'd still be subjected to this crap?

Savior's absolutely right... in a way, the terrorists won... they won a small battle in taking away our freedoms. Because though this be a small action, and in the course of history an insignificant one.. it's a curb on our freedoms. Our freedom to produce a controversial but accurate storyline that exposes hypocrisy is now gone, because "some people" got scared that terrorists used in a certain way will offend people. Or strike chords.

I'm ashamed. Really. It's just plain sad that so many Americans are so damn ignorant. These casual fans aren't just ignorant of wrestling... they're ignorant of life. They believe what's fed to them without question, they don't care about accepting responsibility, they think everything should be served to them on a silver dish.

We need more smarks in life. That's all I have to say.

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Well... I have an idea for Mark Magnus actually.

I think it's pretty obvious that Taker's going over at GAB... so Mark should take a couple of weeks off. As we near Summerslam, have Mark Magnus (not Muhammad Hassan) and Shawn Daivari (not Khosrow) come out.

"My name is Mark Magnus," (or whatever his real name is) "and for the past eight months, I have played an Arab American character on WWE television. My friend, SHAWN Daivari, has played my Arab mouthpiece, essentially repeating my speeches in Farsi. For months, I have played upon America's hypocrisy of claiming to be open and unprejudiced while often discriminating against Arabs, especially in wake of September 11th. This was just a storyline... an angle for us... but as the months progressed, I started to believe in what I said... at least just a little..." He goes on to detail his observations of reactions and stuff, then goes to the recent events around the London Bombings. "The day I had six masked associates attack the Undertaker happened to coincide with the London bombings. It was a terrible tragedy, but immediately, the media picked up on the very things I ranted against... they labeled these MASKED men as Arab terrorists, even though they were masked. And you know what? They were played by WHITE wrestlers. Jokes on you, New York Post. And the media frenzy... the overly PC network... they said Muhammad Hassan could no longer be on network TV.

Because I was a terrorist.

Because I played a terrorist.

What kind of hypocrisy is that??? They reached that conclusion only by assumptions. Yes, the angle was risque, it was edgy, but it was designed to test America's acceptance. And you people failed. You failed when you mindlessly chanted "USA" to me, AN AMERICAN. You failed when you booed simply because Shawn was speaking in Farsi. You failed when immediately came to the conclusion that I was a terrorist, that I was encouraging terrorism, that all of this was meant to insult people.

It's funny, because I'm not even Arab-American... I'm actually Italian American. But the media, the sensationalists... they overlooked that. They immediately proclaimed the evils and offenses that my storyline represented.

It seems that the America I was ranting against IN CHARACTER is how America really is. And you people may boo me, and the media may cry out in alarm, but try taking a look at yourselves. You want to limit freedom of expression... freedom to explore bold ideas? Then maybe you've already done the terrorists' job. Maybe you've taken away some of our rights for them."

For those too lazy to read through all that... basically they break kayfabe and have him commentate on his character and the response and pick apart every little hypocrisy that occurred during his run. That'd be a good way to maintain his character, I'd think.

#1-norm-fan
07-22-2005, 03:01 AM
This is depressing.

I almost want to order the PPV cause I have a feeling something good will happen seeing as how it may be the last time we ever see Hassan.

BTW, if they could somehow make him never actually appear on SD but still wrestle Pay-Per-Views (Maybe show up on Velocity once in a while) he could easily be the most over heel in wrestling history. The reactions he would get @ the PPVs would be crazy.

This is all just too good. WWE can't let this just die. They HAVE to find a way to make it work.

Savio
07-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Have Velocity be the Main and move "WWE experince" to UPN and make SD! one hour while having Velocity be 2 hours. when UPN moves SD! to fridy night.

RP
07-22-2005, 03:20 AM
Now Hassan can go back to RAW and say he was kicked off Smack Down and UPN because he's an arab american

Yah he can. But i think the real issue is...

He was kicked off Smackdown because he's an Arab American. Thats sickening. The whole point of Hassan's charachter ( despite the terrorist inuendo, which they can cut out ) Is that he believe's he is the only person on his side. He feels he's descriminated against by Americans. Which he then voices his opinions in a threating way and gets heat.

For UPN to say " We dont want Hassan's charachter on our channel " is flat out racist. Reguardless of if its an actual charachter or a real human being. It's basically saying they dont want an inteligent , opionative Arab on there show, because they think he represents terrorism, BECAUSE HE'S ARAB!. This is sick. Just really stupid.

BTW. I dont care about paying dues. The fact of the matter is this. Hassan was well on his way to becomming the Superstar smackdown needs. This guy is the closest thing to becoming Rock or Stone Cold as it gets IMO. The heat that this guy draws is amazing. Which is why it will be even more amazing when he and Davari ( maybe a year from now ) get into it big time. Mix in a heel attack and a Face save, then a Hassan face turn. This guy will be huge.

UPN ( if this is true ) Have crossed a line here IMO.

SammyG
07-22-2005, 05:08 AM
Fuck, this sucks ass. Hassan is the reason i watch smackdown, along with xtian.

Hired Hitman
07-22-2005, 05:30 AM
I bet this whole Hassan thing is set up, Think Deep (not too far) it becomes obvious.

I believe in catchy Storylines and this is one... thank you WWE. :cool:

Disturbed316
07-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Tribute to hassan.

http://hassantribute.ytmnd.com/

ROFL

Was expecting the song to get Hassan'd though :(

The Mackem
07-22-2005, 07:41 AM
It's a shame that the Kerwin White angle is floating about at the moment (even though it's cool). They could have brought Hassan under a new name while making a point of how white/American he is (because it's the only way he can get on American television).

SammyG
07-22-2005, 08:14 AM
That's a great post by Corkscrewed. Pure Gold.

LK
07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Why not just send him back to Raw?! This is fucking bullshit if they have dropped the character completly!! So the media actually forced an Arab American character off TV. I just want Hassan to show up on Raw and deliver the best promo he can ripping the people and the media as much as he wants.

LK
07-22-2005, 08:41 AM
If it is true that they drop the character then I feel so sorry for Magnus and Shawn Daivari cause they will not get anything better than this.

Savio
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
If they release him I will be very sad.

Savio
07-22-2005, 01:43 PM
But just keep him off TV for a month if its that bad.

Crashnburn
07-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Why not just send him back to Raw?! This is fucking bullshit if they have dropped the character completly!! So the media actually forced an Arab American character off TV. I just want Hassan to show up on Raw and deliver the best promo he can ripping the people and the media as much as he wants.

Because then you still have those media watchdogs that are going to then send angry letters to Spike TV who in turn will ask WWE to keep Hassan off of TV just like UPN. And there's no telling, Spike might of already warned WWE not to bring him over to Raw.

Boondock Saint
07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
From Wrestlezone.com **Warning: Contains GAB/Summerslam spoilers...even though the Hassan thing has sort of spoiled it anyway.

There are many who believe Hassan will be sent down to OVW after this weekend and be repackaged before re-appearing back on Smackdown.

With WWE said to be dropping the Muhammad Hassan character, the original plans for WWE Great American Bash and Summerslam are now virtually unable to come to fruition. WWE was said to be finalizing its plans for Sunday's PPV this afternoon.

At one point, the plan was for Randy Orton to cost Undertaker his match with Hassan, setting up Batista vs. Muhammad Hassan and Undertaker vs. Orton for Summerslam. Batista and Orton would go over at that PPV, setting up an eventual match between the two.

Because Batista vs. Hassan will not be happening, WWE will obviously need to make a few changes to the aforementioned outline. It should be interesting to see how everything plays out.
-----------------------------------------

LK
07-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I honestly cannot believe they are going to drop the number one heel in the company cause of all this.

The One
07-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Ironic isn't it. A character that brought to light the idea that everyone in America is so racist towards their own fellow countrymen is being fired for that very same reason. I hope every single American flag waving jackass who would just as soon piss on all the Arab-Americans as give them a fiar chance die in a fire in their trailers tonight...

PureHatred
07-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Let's all hope this the swerve to end all swerves.

Volchok
07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Damn.... just damn.

Shadow
07-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Well... I have an idea for Mark Magnus actually.

I think it's pretty obvious that Taker's going over at GAB... so Mark should take a couple of weeks off. As we near Summerslam, have Mark Magnus (not Muhammad Hassan) and Shawn Daivari (not Khosrow) come out.

"My name is Mark Magnus," (or whatever his real name is) "and for the past eight months, I have played an Arab American character on WWE television. My friend, SHAWN Daivari, has played my Arab mouthpiece, essentially repeating my speeches in Farsi. For months, I have played upon America's hypocrisy of claiming to be open and unprejudiced while often discriminating against Arabs, especially in wake of September 11th. This was just a storyline... an angle for us... but as the months progressed, I started to believe in what I said... at least just a little..." He goes on to detail his observations of reactions and stuff, then goes to the recent events around the London Bombings. "The day I had six masked associates attack the Undertaker happened to coincide with the London bombings. It was a terrible tragedy, but immediately, the media picked up on the very things I ranted against... they labeled these MASKED men as Arab terrorists, even though they were masked. And you know what? They were played by WHITE wrestlers. Jokes on you, New York Post. And the media frenzy... the overly PC network... they said Muhammad Hassan could no longer be on network TV.

Because I was a terrorist.

Because I played a terrorist.

What kind of hypocrisy is that??? They reached that conclusion only by assumptions. Yes, the angle was risque, it was edgy, but it was designed to test America's acceptance. And you people failed. You failed when you mindlessly chanted "USA" to me, AN AMERICAN. You failed when you booed simply because Shawn was speaking in Farsi. You failed when immediately came to the conclusion that I was a terrorist, that I was encouraging terrorism, that all of this was meant to insult people.

It's funny, because I'm not even Arab-American... I'm actually Italian American. But the media, the sensationalists... they overlooked that. They immediately proclaimed the evils and offenses that my storyline represented.

It seems that the America I was ranting against IN CHARACTER is how America really is. And you people may boo me, and the media may cry out in alarm, but try taking a look at yourselves. You want to limit freedom of expression... freedom to explore bold ideas? Then maybe you've already done the terrorists' job. Maybe you've taken away some of our rights for them."

For those too lazy to read through all that... basically they break kayfabe and have him commentate on his character and the response and pick apart every little hypocrisy that occurred during his run. That'd be a good way to maintain his character, I'd think.

Can you be a WWE writer for just one day?

Batsu
07-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Excellent post by Corkscrewed.

The removal of Hassan just might end up turning him face.

But no matter how they repackage him, his entrances won't be the same without...

ALAAAAYAAAAAYLEEAAAA
LAAAAAYLEEAAAAAAA
LAAAAYAAYAYAYAYE...

Volchok
07-22-2005, 05:50 PM
This thread has now been Hassan'd... :D

vampiro03
07-22-2005, 05:53 PM
people were chanting against him because he was a heel. DUH. the "interview" was in charactor. he stayed in character the whole time. people who are pissed because he got booed, HE IS A HEEL. it sucks though. i loved to hate him. wwe needs to set up something with usa to let the hassan charactor on, when they move.

LK
07-22-2005, 06:09 PM
WWE needs to set up something with usa to let the hassan charactor on, when they move.
That's a good point actually. Aren't they moving Raw from Spike to the USA network in like a month. So Taker beats him and Daivari really badly at GAB and he goes off TV for a month or two. Then he shows up on Raw with a bunch of material about how he was forced off of Smackdown by his co-workers and the media.

TerranRich
07-22-2005, 06:09 PM
This thread has now been Hassan'd... :D

DAMN YOU, HASSAN!!!

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Can you be a WWE writer for just one day?
That'd be like a Paul-Heyman-As-Consultant situation. :shifty:

Anyway, I honestly think they should have him come back, "break kayfabe," and shoot all over this recent media outcry. If he presents himself as not even Arab, I don't they'd be able to call him on anything. This would force the media to defend itself, and the ensuing publicity could be very interesting.

Best case scenario, the WWE ironically becomes a teacher of morals and acceptance to America.

Bricktop
07-22-2005, 07:51 PM
If they were to bring the men that strangled the undertaker and carried off divari, then unmask them to show that they are other wrestlers on the roster and not terrorists, would this reduce heat on Hassan? The masked men could be for example Charlie haas, mark jindrak, luthor reigns, or some other jobbers that the UT has crushed in the last few years. It would make perfect sense that these men wanted revenge on the undertaker.

They could base a whole future smackdown show on who the mystery men are and slowly reveal them one by one, as the show goes on. They could leave the final one to turn out to be randy Orton at GAB, where he costs UT the match.

This would screw up the whole argument that this was a terrorists angle, with the masked men turning out to be white/American wrestlers and not men of Arab descent.

Danny Electric
07-22-2005, 07:53 PM
You just know that he'll come out as corky said but they'll still chant 'usa'

Loose Cannon
07-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I stll can't believe this shit. Just like that. Gone. I seriously hope the WWE is not going to end the whole dam thing. Just keep him off TV for a while and let him come back, even on Raw if they have too. But sending him back to OVW is a slap in the face to the guy and Daivari, who have basically busted thier asses to get both characters over as one of the best two heels going today.

The whole thing is a fucking joke.

The One
07-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Vince: Hi come in Mark...well here's the deal. Good work on getting Hassan over, I mean you single handedly took a somewhat stupid angle and turned it into one of the best heel characters by showing the audience their own stupidity. So since you did so well with the character, everyone is giving you alot of heat, so we're going to move you back down to OVW and you can back in a few months when those fickle fans forget you. Bye.

Loose Cannon
07-22-2005, 08:55 PM
If I was the WWE right now and I had no choice but to end the character, I would turn this whole thing around and make Hassan the a huge babyface and do that by getting the audience to sympahtize with him. Show his other "life" outside of the ring. Not like a real life, but a fake other life, where he's helping children in the hospital, he's partaking in charity events, he's helping the homeless. And then show people being prejudice to him at times and people will start to realize why he is the way he is when he's in the wrestling ring. And you show these "videos" while he's away for a while. Maybe have him start to become more accepting of American society and start to realize he might have been wrong at times too.

Just do something :(

Shadow
07-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Vince: Hi come in Mark...well here's the deal. Good work on getting Hassan over, I mean you single handedly took a somewhat stupid angle and turned it into one of the best heel characters by showing the audience their own stupidity. So since you did so well with the character, everyone is giving you alot of heat, so we're going to move you back down to OVW and you can back in a few months when those fickle fans forget you. Bye.

that's probably how that convo went

loopydate
07-22-2005, 09:25 PM
In light of all the recent hoopla surrounding the Muhammad Hassan character, I understand that the company is facing a lot of bad publicity keeping him on the air and that you are considering removing him entirely.

Please don't do this. Please don't give in to the very mindset that the Hassan character was created to oppose. There have to be dozens of ways that you can reach an agreement with UPN to keep the man on the air.

Hassan and Daivari are two of the most entertaining performers in WWE right now, and two of my favorite characters. Please don't take them off the air simply because the moral police in this country misinterpreted his character.

I know that the voice of one fan isn't going to help save Muhammad Hassan, but I'm sincerely hoping that I'm not the only one out here who is writing to you about this.

There are thousands of Hassan admirers in the world, and you can bet that we'll continue to support the product even if you let this "terrorist" (I'm rolling my eyes even as I write that word) remain on the air.

WWE has - for the last decade and a half - made a habit of pushing the envelope with storylines that strike an emotional chord with the audience. You did it in 1991 when Sgt. Slaughter allied himself with the Iraqis. You did it in the late '90s when a beer-swilling redneck rebelled against every conceivable authority.

Muhammad Hassan has the potential to be just as good for business as the Austins, Rocks, Triple Hs, and Foleys of the last five years. People will pay good money to see him get his comeuppance (and just as many will be sitting at home cheering him on from our living rooms).

So, please, don't ruin one of the best things about your on-air product by bowing to corporate censorship.

Free Muhammad Hassan!

Shadow
07-22-2005, 09:33 PM
You better tell us what they say back Loopy.

Savio
07-22-2005, 09:39 PM
They never write back.

KingofOldSchool
07-22-2005, 09:45 PM
They will probably not even read it and just send some generic email back to him.

Maybe they'll send him an autographed 8x10 of Triple H. :shifty:

TerranRich
07-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Whoops, wrong thread. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Seriously, get Muhammad Hassan to come out at The Great American Bash, and have a video play of people in his community that have nothing but good things to say about Hassan. Like LC said, show him donating stuff, show playing with his kids, and being proud that they're getting good marks at school. Show people saying that the media is wrong for crucifying him because he is Arab-American.

Have him then come out, and cut a promo where he tears into the media, tears into management (about how they've made him into a "terrorist"), etc. Have him say he supports the troops in Iraq, is proud to have been born in America, to have received an American education, to earn American money, to eat American food, and to perform in a wrestling ring. He is proud of his heritage, and if that makes him a terrorist, it is the media and the fans that are un-American, not him.

Corkscrewed
07-23-2005, 02:37 AM
You better tell us what they say back Loopy.
Thank you for your interest in our product. We at the WWE value your opinion and thank you for your support.

ddpBANG
07-23-2005, 05:04 AM
Thank you for your interest in our product. We at the WWE value your opinion and thank you for your support.
:lol:
I bet you'd get the same response if you told them Undertaker just blew up your house.

loopydate
07-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your email to WWE. Please allow 1-2 business days for your
email to be reviewed.

Please be aware that WWE does not accept ideas for scripts,
screenplays,
storylines, ideas, music, business proposals, marketing concepts, or
for
anything having to do with character development, storylines or in-ring
activities. WWE does not consider or examine these materials.

For the latest up to date information, please visit www.wwe.com (http://www.wwe.com/)
<http://www.wwe.com/ (http://www.wwe.com/)> .

Once again we thank you for your email and for your interest in World
Wrestling Entertainment.

Don't miss The Great American Bash
<http://www.wwe.com/shows/greatamericanbash/ (http://www.wwe.com/shows/greatamericanbash/)> , Sunday, July 24 live
and
on Pay-Per-View!
<http://wmsvod.wwe.com/raw/200501/wmbraveheart300.wmv (http://wmsvod.wwe.com/raw/200501/wmbraveheart300.wmv)> <!-- toctype = X-unknown --><!-- toctype = text --><!-- text --><!-- END TOC -->

freerock1.com
07-23-2005, 04:03 PM
I had actually thought of the same kind of thing as Alienoid06, making Hassan into a flag-waver. But I've also gotta give props to Corkscrewed's idea.

DominateR
07-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I agree with whoever it was said keep hassan and daivari off tv until a deal is reached with the network that SD! goes to in fall of 06/spring of 07, and try to get him on the show on a different network...this way it'll give us all just a little bit of time to think about people besides hassan and daivari

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
07-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Corkscrewed is absolutely right about everything. If they have to ditch the character, that storyline idea would be fantastic. All this controversy is just so perfect to feed the character, but to drop him entirely is outrageous.

EDIT: It'd be great if somebody had that Hassan speech from WWE.com on one of those download services or something. Streaming video from WWE.com doesn't work for me for some reason.

Gouda
07-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't know if this has been posted here or not, I'm too lazy to look. From a Muslim website:

At first, WWE defended the show. In a comical yet valiant effort that would have made any Public Relations veteran proud, WWE spokesperson Gary Davis tried to portray the segment as pro-Arab:

Mr. Hassan, he explained, is not a terrorist, but an angry, disillusioned Arab-American, embracing his roots after experiencing racism from other Americans since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Nice try.

"Nice try"? If they actually watched the show they would know that that was exactly what his character was.

Source: http://www.muslimwakeup.com/blog/archives/2005/07/arab_wrestler_o.php

shawn112233
07-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Corkscrewed is absolutely right about everything. If they have to ditch the character, that storyline idea would be fantastic. All this controversy is just so perfect to feed the character, but to drop him entirely is outrageous.

EDIT: It'd be great if somebody had that Hassan speech from WWE.com on one of those download services or something. Streaming video from WWE.com doesn't work for me for some reason.

I posted the video in the video thread a little while ago. Anyways, here are the links:

http://rapidshare.de/files/3056368/hassanresponds300.wmv.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=281F4JGC

Savio
07-24-2005, 01:47 AM
:( cut off at the highest point of his career.

Savio
07-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Wow if it happend on a day earlier or a day later he could have gotten off.....Fuck Terrorists. WWE should have just cut the post match out and the little Promo right before the match