PDA

View Full Version : RAW beats GUNSMOKE

darkpower
07-22-2005, 05:30 PM
WWE’s Monday Night RAW To Set Record on August 1 For Most Original Episodes on Television

STAMFORD, Conn., July 26, 2005 - World Wrestling Entertainment will celebrate the milestone of producing the most original episodes of any weekly fictional entertainment program ever on television when Monday Night RAW airs on August 1 on Spike TV at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

RAW celebrates original episode No. 636 on August 1, surpassing the previous record-holder, Gunsmoke, which produced 635 original episodes during its 20-year run on television, according to several sources, including the book Gunsmoke: A Complete History and Analysis of the Legendary Broadcast Series with a Comprehensive Episode-by-Episode Guide to Both the Radio and Television Programs by Suzanne and Gabor Barabas. With a production schedule that calls for 52 original episodes a year, RAW surpassed the mark set by Gunsmoke in less than 13 years.

WWE introduced Monday Night RAW on USA in January1993. The successful live, prime time weekly cable series moved to Spike TV in September 2000. In April, WWE and NBC Universal inked a new, three-year agreement that will return Monday Night RAW to USA Network this fall, with RAW’s USA debut set for October 3.

“This is a tremendous milestone, and a testament to the dedication of our talented cast of Superstars, television crews and writers who work tirelessly week in and week out to produce the best program possible for our viewers,” said Kevin Dunn, WWE’s Executive Producer. “We’re very proud of producing a weekly television program that for 13 years has grown in recognition and in ratings to the point where it is consistently, 52 weeks a year, one of the most watched regularly scheduled programs on ad-supported cable. Our longevity on television is directly related to the unbelievable enthusiasm and passion of our WWE fans. We look forward to entertaining them for years to come.”

The One
07-22-2005, 05:36 PM
What is Gunsmoke? I have never even heard of it.

Volchok
07-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Some old ass western show on TV Land.. I know because my dad watchs it after Magyver or however you spell his name...

TerranRich
07-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Wow, I thought WWE already held that title, although I never really thought about it. Gunsmoke lasted 20 years? That's insane. But it's cool that WWE will beat that mark and hold a TV title...erm...

W-C-W!

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Geez, I didn't know Gunsmoke lasted that long! No wonder it's legendary! :lol:

Pretty cool, tho. A little bit of TV trivia for ya.

Shaggy
07-22-2005, 06:51 PM
lol....pretty funny.....

longest running fictional show....that makes all marks everywhere ask them selves...

"Fictional???? Doesnt that mean fake?"

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 06:59 PM
:lol: Silly Shaggy, you know marks don't know how to use the internet!

Corkscrewed
07-22-2005, 07:00 PM
:lol: Silly Shaggy, you know marks are too inbred and stupid to know what a long word like "fictional" means!

Savio
07-22-2005, 07:04 PM
:lol: Silly Shaggy, Trix are for kids!

James Steele
07-22-2005, 10:29 PM
:lol: