PDA

View Full Version : Cut promos today at wrasslin school.

PorkSoda
07-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah, so today at the end of class, there was only like 8 of us today, a new kid whos like 14 joined and he's getting everything down his first time, we cut promos on each other. The guy in charge was talking about how we should have character and stuff like that. So this guy, Cofey, (Ko-Fey) I can't spell his name, cut a promo on the new kid, Jose, saying he can't steal his thunder and stuff. Then Jose got up saying he can or something. Then this like 7 foot guy came in and starting snorting like he was an animal saying he should be feared, and this other kid got into stuff. I don't really remember what they were saying, but they were good.

Then I got up there, and it sucked. I was cutting a promo on this guy named Al. I can't really remember word for word what I said, but the guy in charge, Milonas, has a beard like Tyson Tomko, and I started off by insulting him and the 7 foot guy, the whole "promo" went something like this:

"Yeah, its about time Goat Boy and Daddy Long Legs are finally done. But I'm not here to trash you guys, I got to take on this Al Wilson guy. Al, didn't you die two years ago for having too much sex with Dawn Marie? I don't know where you came from. Where you from Lawerence? Lowell? North Andover? Park Place? Doesn't matter where you come from. You ever play Monopoly? Tonight, I'm the boot, your the dog, and I'm kicking your ass."

Yeah, so that was basically that. I don't think this Al guy's last name is Wilson, but he looks like Torrie Wilson's father. Other than that, last Wednesday just went deeper into chain wrestling. Like reversing headlocks into a wristlock, reversing that into a hammorlock and all that good stuff. Also went into the turnbuckles a little bit, which you got to hit your ass area and back at the same time. And today I was taught the irish whip. You take their left hand with your left hand, walk to the middle of the ring and whip him. They run when the time was right. Other than that, basically did tie ups, fell a couple times, which I pretty much have down, ran against the ropes, and exited the ring. Besides baseball sliding out, there's 4 ways of exiting the ring, you know how when people get clotheslined over, they go back out over the ropes? That's the hardest thing I have to do. Can't launch myself over, it sucks. I'll probably get it over time though. I'm actually having fun when I go there, I don't say/do that very often, but I am. It's pretty cool once you really get deeper into it.

Mr. Nerfect
07-23-2005, 08:33 PM
That was actually a pretty good promo if you ask me. Of course I can't judge your delivery, but it looked pretty good. :y:

Shadow
07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
The words were kinda weird but the spirit sounded good. Hopefully you'll be able to improve those promo skills as you go along.

Then again...you could always use my efed persona's gimmick.

Nervous Ferret
07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
check out the c-feds on these boards. I'm sure you'll find ons of great "personna's" ;)

Loose Cannon
07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
"You ever play Monopoly? Tonight, I'm the boot, your the dog, and I'm kicking your ass."

that's an awesome line dude. If I were you, I would use this as a gimmick. Use board games as your end lines to your promos. It would be very clever.

Loose Cannon
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Cause Tonight, you're the mouse and I'm setting the trap.

Loose Cannon
07-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Cause when it's all said and done, you'll be sent down the shoot and I'll be climbing that ladder.

Gouda
07-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeah.You can wear a mask and bright coloured outfit and call yourself "The Game Master".

Loose Cannon
07-23-2005, 09:23 PM
lol, I had the same exact name in mind. Forget the mask and bright outfit though. Be all demented and shit though.

Volchok
07-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Awesome man, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Volchok
07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Move over Triple H we have a new Game in town...

PureHatred
07-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Go all D&D ..call yourself the DungeonMaster.

"You'll have to roll a double save against my Paladin skills or else get a Level 5 ass-whipping!!!"

Mr. Nerfect
07-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty good gimmick idea. Cut really sick promos about how life is a game, and you're rolling the dice, etc. Then when one of your partners references Jumanji, you kick his ass because it was a movie first (at least I think it was). There would be something really chilly about a guy that is obsessed with board games. Imagine he is in a feud over Wrestler-B's girlfriend, and says something like this "Tonight I'm the King, and I'm taking your Queen. Check.". It would be really creepy because the word "check" would make it seem like the feud isn't over.

Sick, twisted gimmick right there. Take it.

Corkscrewed
07-24-2005, 04:02 AM
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="70%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat">vBulletin Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center"> <!-- main error message --> You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PureHatred again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</td></tr> </tbody> </table>
But seriously, that could be a hilarious and awesome gimmick.

These little progress reports are awesome to read, and I can tell you're having a great time even though it's prolly exhausting and painful. Just keep working at it and you'll get better. Until next time....

*gets in the Monopoly car and drives away before a giant boot can kick me in the ass*

Savio
07-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Who koncked out Brock lesnar? Its was me, In the Corridor, with the lead pipe!

Boondock Saint
07-24-2005, 04:22 AM
LOL North Andover. Friggin' Andover.

Promo sounded pretty good. Keep it up. :y:

Hired Hitman
07-24-2005, 05:01 AM
CLUEDO :cool: or as you Yanks know it, CLUE

Skippord
07-24-2005, 05:46 AM
Always use this line at the end of your promos

"your ass is the grass and I am the Lawnmower"

Tornado
07-24-2005, 08:03 AM
You have to work Buckaroo into a promo.

Fenix122
07-24-2005, 09:46 AM
yeah, if he was ever in a storyline where he turned out to be the driver of some vehicle that his opponent is in he could say, "Guess who?" that was a great game.

Londoner
07-24-2005, 12:06 PM
That gimmick could really work i reckon, keep us updated on your progress, even though i havent been replying, i keep checking these threads to see what it's really like in one of those schools, that was a good promo to, the good thing is it was only the first time you did that so that's a good start to build your confidence up, you should be more confident next time on the way you deliver the promo.

Loose Cannon
07-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I expect to get 50% of your cut if this gimmick takes off.

Londoner
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
I expect the other 50%, because i said it would work.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2005, 04:43 PM
That's really cool that you're enjoying yourself, but these people are wrong. That Monopoly line was pretty fucking terrible. No disrespect.