PDA

View Full Version : Reason Why Vince Was So Upset Last Night & Smackdown! Being Cancelled?

Volchok
07-25-2005, 08:45 PM
One of the main reason's that Vince McMahon was so upset last night had to deal with Batista's work in the main event against JBL. Vince & WWE have had really high hopes that Batista would be able to carry the title and continue to draw fans, but they are now concerned about his in ring work. Batista's rough in-ring work didn't show up as much in his series of matches against Triple H, because Triple H was able to carry him so well, but last night it was obvious that Batista was having problems in his match with JBL.

-There are rumors that are circulating that due to the fact that there is so much uncertainity with UPN and the WWE that after their current contract runs out with UPN, the entire Smackdown! brand could be wiped away. Of course, there is still alot of time between now and the end of that contract, but there are definitely whispers of what could happen after the contract does run out.

------
http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=14581/articles/news

Nervous Ferret
07-25-2005, 08:49 PM
lol Triple H carried him

McLegend
07-25-2005, 08:53 PM
well he did

The One
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Wait wait wait...Batista is tall, and muscular....I don't understand what Vince could possibly be mad at...

(and anyone think it's funny that he isn't mad at JBL for not carrying Batista, who is more green then he is)

ddpBANG
07-25-2005, 09:33 PM
JBL is a wrestling GOD! He doesn't have to carry wrestlers. I find it funny that the highest singles title JBL held was the Hardcore title. Unless you count his 8 day European title reign. And don't get me started on Batista.

FourFifty
07-25-2005, 10:23 PM
This is why Cena should have stayed on SmackDown, Batista shouldn't have won the title, and why Randy Orton needs to be in a main event fued with The Undertaker.

Innovator
07-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Mad at Batista, even though JBL had mad slow offense last night. Also this makes me show a lot more respect to HHH for masking Batista being a little slow in the ring

Batsu
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
SmackDown should just go to cable and suck up the dead weight that is the weekend shows.

Volchok
07-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah no matter how bad Triple H is with his backstage politics he still can carry a good match and props to him for what he did with Batista...

darkpower
07-25-2005, 11:24 PM
-There are rumors that are circulating that due to the fact that there is so much uncertainity with UPN and the WWE that after their current contract runs out with UPN, the entire Smackdown! brand could be wiped away. Of course, there is still alot of time between now and the end of that contract, but there are definitely whispers of what could happen after the contract does run out.
Damn, that's some bullshit right there.

Then what will happen to all of their stars? Will they have to compete in what would be a VERY crowded stage?

I'm certainly hope that Vince isn't even THINKING of ending the brand extension right now.

Gerard
07-25-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm certainly hope that Vince isn't even THINKING of ending the brand extension right now.

Thats probably why theyre having a yearly firing spree, to get the numbers down and then recombine them, :wavesad:

Shadow
07-25-2005, 11:34 PM
If Vince does end the Brand Split...he's about 2 years too late.

Londoner
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
This is why Cena should have stayed on SmackDown, Batista shouldn't have won the title, and why Randy Orton needs to be in a main event fued with The Undertaker.

Oh yes, because Cena is such a great wrestler, even though he got showed up by Kurt Angle at the Rumble.

I call bullshit on this anyway, you mean to tell me it's ok that JBL doesn't have 5 star matches but its not ok for Batista?I didn't really find JBL's main event matches that entertaining, yet he got a free ride with the title.

darkpower
07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Thats probably why theyre having a yearly firing spree, to get the numbers down and then recombine them, :wavesad:
Wouldn't that mean that we would eventually have to look at JUST Triple H in the main event, then?

Face it, Triple H isn't going away anytime soon.

I'm hoping, and excuse me for this, but I hope that Vince doesn't end anything about it just yet. They've spent too much with such that I don't see him doing much of anything about combining the shows anytime soon.

And wasn't FOX thinking about wanting SD about a year or so ago? What about NBC or USA. Or (gasp) maybe Spike would still want a WWE program on it's channel (just throwing that out there).

I'm guessing that Vince won't give up on ANYTHING. If it wasn't for the wonky writing (for fuck's sakes, fucking fire Dave Laguana already), SD would kick some ass.

WikkidRevenge
07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
I have never eeever been into any match with Batista in it...Hes a real boring wrestler to watch...And his mic work sucks...Having Batista as world champion is a joke....

darkpower
07-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I have never eeever been into any match with Batista in it...Hes a real boring wrestler to watch...And his mic work sucks...Having Batista as world champion is a joke....
The marks gave in to him when Wrestlemania was nearing. They WERE going to push Orton more before they saw how much they got into Batista.

Plus, with how restrictive the WWE is with what moves their guys aren't allowed to do, you think that maybe it's harming Batista's move set a bit.

vampiro03
07-25-2005, 11:45 PM

joke.......no. bad wrestler......yes. his timing sucks, hes always been that way. he reflexes too soon when taking a punch or a kick. sometimes you can see him waiting for the punch which looks aweful. his head is always moving backwords before he gets punched, he needs better timing

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Oh yes, because Cena is such a great wrestler, even though he got showed up by Kurt Angle at the Rumble.
Yeah, because being topped by Kurt Angle is something that happens pretty rarely. He is both a marginal wrestler and marginal on the stick, and thus, it's significant when he outshines someone.

Seriously, no. Just...No.

And now, for another brief reality check.

Who else would he blame? JBL? Fuck no, he's got an in more or less, and the boss is big on him. Why admit that JBL needs to be carried to a good match, when you can blame the other guy for not carrying a mid-carder to a main event quality match? Not that Batista's exactly a Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, or The Rock, but you get my drift. Batista's a pretty marginal wrestler, JBL needs to be carried to look decent. between the two of them, you have a recipe for SHIT.

Londoner
07-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Yeah, because being topped by Kurt Angle is something that happens pretty rarely. He is both a marginal wrestler and marginal on the stick, and thus, it's significant when he outshines someone.

Who else would he blame? JBL? Fuck no, he's got an in more or less, and the boss is big on him. Why admit that JBL needs to be carried to a good match, when you can blame the other guy for not carrying a mid-carder to a main event quality match? Not that Batista's exactly a Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, or The Rock, but you get my drift. Batista's a pretty marginal wrestler, JBL needs to be carried to look decent. between the two of them, you have a recipe for SHIT.

The example i gave about Kurt Angle showing up was probably unfair on Cena, but you get my point.

And no he wont blame JBL obviously, but that is basically my point so i can't work out if your arguing against me on that point.I agree Batista is a shit wrestler, though it's hardly his fault that the WWE makes bad decisions when it comes to the main event scene.

Shadow
07-26-2005, 12:19 AM

*jumps*

FUCK! Where the hell have you been bitch?

LK
07-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Pretty harsh on Batista. Eddie struggled to carry that oaf to a decent match so I don't know how they can blame Batista. Could be something to do with JBL sub par wrstling skills.

wwe2222
07-26-2005, 10:27 AM
ive been to a couple raws in the past month or so...Batista still gets the largest pop in the dark matches afterwards. Not sure why they would want to take the title off of him...why not just put him in a program with a better worker....

I cant imagine they actually thought JBL vs Batista would be 5 star matches

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 11:12 AM
ive been to a couple raws in the past month or so...Batista still gets the largest pop in the dark matches afterwards. Not sure why they would want to take the title off of him...why not just put him in a program with a better worker....

I cant imagine they actually thought JBL vs Batista would be 5 star matches
You know the WWE...When they decide something, it stays stuck in their heads longterm...

Londoner
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Can you imagine how shit Taker V Batista will be?Vince is certainly doing his best to help Batista aint he?......

V
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
i was waiting for brock lesnar to interfere the entire match so I didn't even notice

and what is this triple h bullshit, triple h is not the only person he faced on raw

Psycho C
07-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah, he faced Christian. >_>

I think he faced Benoit too.

Screw it...for three months all he did was face Triple H. I don't count Edge because it was a month without a PPV and EVERYONE knew Edge had no chance.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Can you imagine how shit Taker V Batista will be?Vince is certainly doing his best to help Batista aint he?......
At least Taker can get a reaction based on nostalgia. All the rabid fanboys (The ones as retarded as the modern day Hulkamaniacs) will still react to the dead man.

The match will be worse most likely (Since Taker has a "No sell/no put over" policy), but it will draw a better reaction.

Corkscrewed
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM

Well, it's nice to have a post that so clearly sums up my feelings already written so I can quote it. Not blaming JBL is bull, but that's how it works. :-\

Innovator
07-26-2005, 12:46 PM
At least Taker can get a reaction based on nostalgia. All the rabid fanboys (The ones as retarded as the modern day Hulkamaniacs) will still react to the dead man.

The match will be worse most likely (Since Taker has a "No sell/no put over" policy), but it will draw a better reaction.to be fair though Taker did pull a 2 1/2 star out of Albert. Taker has a thing for working well with other big guys.

Kane Knight
07-26-2005, 01:55 PM
to be fair though Taker did pull a 2 1/2 star out of Albert. Taker has a thing for working well with other big guys.
Even when he cooperates, he's only marginally better. Let's face it: While the big problem is that he doesn't play wellwith others, the underlying problem is that he doesn't play well at all.

jindrak
07-26-2005, 07:37 PM
This also applies to John Cena.

He hasn't had a match where it was evident that he carried it.

JTB31
07-26-2005, 08:41 PM
The world title should be on Eddie Guerrero and the wwe title should be on Kurt Angle or Shawn Michaels.I miss the days of 4 star main event matches.

dalegendkilla
07-27-2005, 12:10 PM
What did the WWE expect. They totally screwed Smackdown over in the draft! Did they honestly think they were improving the show! The WWE are morons, here's hoping if Smackdown's still around next year that they trade all of Raw's stars for all of Smackdown's divas, and then Raw will see what it's like.

Kane Knight
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
What did the WWE expect. They totally screwed Smackdown over in the draft! Did they honestly think they were improving the show! The WWE are morons, here's hoping if Smackdown's still around next year that they trade all of Raw's stars for all of Smackdown's divas, and then Raw will see what it's like.
Well, with a move to Friday night, it makes sense to NOT try and improve the show horribly.

Londoner
07-27-2005, 01:08 PM
The world title should be on Eddie Guerrero and the wwe title should be on Kurt Angle or Shawn Michaels.I miss the days of 4 star main event matches.

I agree completely, except shawn micheals doesn't need the title, the other two do, Eddie needs some fucking wins for once, i would love it if they could build him up from now until wretslemania, and create a memorable run for the title, but obviously that wont happen.

Infact, if i could be bothered i could write out a great storyline for Eddie's title run right now but this ain't the thread for it, i might start a new one on it sometime.

Kane Knight
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
I agree completely, except shawn micheals doesn't need the title, the other two do, Eddie needs some fucking wins for once, i would love it if they could build him up from now until wretslemania, and create a memorable run for the title, but obviously that wont happen.

Infact, if i could be bothered i could write out a great storyline for Eddie's title run right now but this ain't the thread for it, i might start a new one on it sometime.
1) Eddie doesn't need wins. The fact that he was so over even as he was losing shows that.

2) Shawn may not need the title, but the title could use him. Make all this look like it's worth something, especially if someone of a decent caliber is vying for it. I think Michaels could make the title look strong. Otherwise, it's just a piece of leather and shiny metal.

3) Kurt has never needed the title IMO to look strong. He's one of the greatest atheletes in the WWE, and so it's nothing more than icing if he wins it. However, again, I think the title could benefit from him being in the scene or holding it.

4) Cena and Batista have had a large ammount of effort put into their pushes. A lot of people have put them over, made them look strong, and carried them to good matches. Killing them off any time soon basically wastes months of good booking and legit effort, something you'd seemingly be against. Strong booking based on how over someone is, and yet you're agreeing that the title scene should go back to the staples?