PDA

View Full Version : **Spoilers** The secret

Fignuts
07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Even though we all pretty much called it, I love the way it was done. When this whole secret thing started, I was glad they found a way to continue the feud, but also skeptical about how it would go down. But if you look at when the angle was started, and trace it all the way to this past thursday, it's been a great angle. You could just feel the emotion of everyone involved last night. Add the fact that we still have "Chapter 2", and I'm more excited than skeptical about all this.

Corndad
07-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Fueds these days are usually built to a PPV and start another, so Its really nice to see a longer Fued again...

Also, think about it, Eddie hasnt won a match in how long in this fued and he still seems to have the upper hand... thats what makes it interesting.

Fignuts
07-29-2005, 02:57 PM
That was another point I was going to make. How often do you see a one-sided feud, where the guy who loses all the matches is the one in control? It's bloody brilliant.

Corkscrewed
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Best feud in ages. I gotta gree with LC, this is prolly one of the top ten best feuds ever. Eddie was deliciously evil (and really, that's the best phrase to describe it), and Rey was awesome. Dominic running away was kinda funny unintentionally... they placed a chair there pretty conveniently. :lol:

Fignuts
07-29-2005, 03:11 PM
I would have clotheslined him on his way out.

Nah, I probably woulda hugged him.

Londoner
07-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Argh, i can't wait till smackdown tonight.Does anyone else get the feeling that when someone outside of wwe like a family member for example, gets involved, that the family member will fuck up at some point?That's why i couldn't watch the midget match on Raw. The midget with Viscera fell off Viscera's back when he was meant to stand on Viscera, because he showed off too much. That to me is...:nono: but kinda funny.

PullMyFinger
07-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Eddie is such a great heel that he's even beginning to piss me off and that almost never happens with other heels. Last night I was saying in my head, "what a dickhead, I can't wait till Rey kicks his fucking ass!" LOL

TerranRich
07-29-2005, 04:05 PM
I always cringe when I see children on WWE television, for the sole reason that there's the most chance that they could screw up, and the kid's reaction was a bit too real for me.

Eddie: Hey, Dominic, come here!
Dom: NO!
Rey: Hey, Dominic, it's OK, what we said out there? It's not really true!
Dom: Not really true?
Eddie: You've just been punk'ed, homes!
[Dom kicks Eddie in the shin and runs away.]

Never trust child actors!

Shadow
07-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Best feud in ages. I gotta gree with LC, this is prolly one of the top ten best feuds ever. Eddie was deliciously evil (and really, that's the best phrase to describe it), and Rey was awesome. Dominic running away was kinda funny unintentionally... they placed a chair there pretty conveniently. :lol:

Must spread reputation before giving it to Corkscrewed again...DAMN IT!

But yes, you are quite correct sir. Eddie was indeed deliciously evil. So damn evil that I was starting to get a stomache ache from how evil he was. Only problem I had with the whole "Bedtime Story" promo was the obvious need for a cool drink.

Eddie with a scratchy voice does not the best promo deliver.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-30-2005, 04:58 AM
I would laugh my ass off if Chapter 2 was something like. "LAter, the whore that was carrying little Dom couldn't stop sleeping around... Make a long story short, you may want to take your boy in to be checked on for the AIDS.

Ben Rodrigues
07-30-2005, 07:42 AM
I’m calling it. Chapter 2 - Eddie Guerrero attempts to legally reclaim his son as he clearly stated there were no adoption papers ever signed.

Loose Cannon
07-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Must spread reputation before giving it to Corkscrewed again...DAMN IT!

But yes, you are quite correct sir. Eddie was indeed deliciously evil. So damn evil that I was starting to get a stomache ache from how evil he was. Only problem I had with the whole "Bedtime Story" promo was the obvious need for a cool drink.

Eddie with a scratchy voice does not the best promo deliver.

Totaly diasgree there. I thought that promo was one of the best one's I ever heard him give. The scratchy voice was done for an obvious reason. He sounded like a real slimeball and a guy you just wanted to strangle. Awesome job once again by those two.

The Naitch
07-30-2005, 03:53 PM
These Rey/Eddie matches are gonna keep coming

Summerslam stip:

Mask vs. Adoption Papers match

:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2005, 06:26 PM
Great promo and a great segment. The only problems I had with it were that Rey didn't try to stop Eddie that hard. I mean, if a guy that fathered my child is about to shatter my family by revealing that little fact, I'd charge the fucker like Hell. Mysterio played it well by not covering Dominic's ears, though. Sort of like he made the decision to let Dominic hear now, because he's going to find otu eventually. It would be better to trust him with making a decision than trying to force him into one. Then there's actually the fact his kid is there. Wanting to set a good example and all.

The only other fault I can say is the kid was acting too mature sort of thing. It was obvious he had been fed lines. He's a talented actor though, he really did well at TGAB. I just would have preferred it if he ran off from Rey who was crying or something. Anway that's just nitpicking. I'm an asshole.

Eddie delivered a fantastic promo. He makes you believe he's evil, and he isn't afraid to break it with humour, which when you laugh at it, makes you feel like a dickhead. His part about Rey shooting blanks made me chuckle, but I immediately thought how evil the Eddie character was. The "Chapter 2" part was extra chilling, too.

This has been an original feud as well, since it's based around the heel not being able to professionally beat his long-time friend, thus he shatters them personally. Brilliant storytelling.

Shadow
07-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Totaly diasgree there. I thought that promo was one of the best one's I ever heard him give. The scratchy voice was done for an obvious reason. He sounded like a real slimeball and a guy you just wanted to strangle. Awesome job once again by those two.

Have to disagree with you disagreeing LC. I don't think the voice was done for any obvious reason. Eddie can just sit in a chair for two minutes and stomp on a bloody mask to be a real slimeball. I think he really needed a cool drink or something.

Kane Knight
07-30-2005, 11:10 PM
I hate to say it, but that promo didn't have me hating Eddie, or appreciating his talent. IT had me fast forwarding Eddie, something I haven't done since his days of talking about Chyna.

Deceit
07-30-2005, 11:18 PM
Eddie can make us really love him or really want to punch him in the face.

Definitely one of the top ten feuds of all time. The emotion these guys display is phenominal

Mr. Nerfect
07-31-2005, 01:27 AM
I hate to say it, but that promo didn't have me hating Eddie, or appreciating his talent. IT had me fast forwarding Eddie, something I haven't done since his days of talking about Chyna.

That's your opinion, but I think it was a very good promo. Eddie really did something with the crap he was given. Anyone else reading those lines would have made it tirelessly boring, but Eddie kept me interested the whole way through.