PDA

View Full Version : At Last *Possible Spoiler"

targo_the_sho_stopa
01-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Good god, at last the US title will be on the line and Eddie is gettin pushed.

"Don't miss being there for the first WWE Pay-Per-View ever in San Francisco on Sunday, February 15 at 4:45PM at the Cow Palace.

This will be the final WWE Pay-Per-View on the "Road To WrestleMania XX"!

Here is your chance to be part of WWE history when all your favorite SmackDown! Superstars come to town. You won't want to miss...

Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Title

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero for the WWE Cruiserweight Title

John Cena vs. The Big Show for the U.S. Title

Plus, all the rest of your favorite SmackDown! Superstars!!
(card subject to change)"

Source: www.wrestlingdotcom.com

The CyNick
01-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Somebody already posted this info.....I forget who it was.........

Tornado
01-19-2004, 02:16 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Yeah, i'm pretty sure i've read this before.</font>

targo_the_sho_stopa
01-19-2004, 04:06 PM
oh, ok, sorry guys

loopydate
01-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Nothing like giving away Royal Rumble results before the Royal Rumble, eh, WWE?

The CyNick
01-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Nothing like giving away Royal Rumble results before the Royal Rumble, eh, WWE?

Well everything is Subject to Change, and it would be worse if they said the ME of the next PPV was Holly vs A-Train for the title.

Plus, anyone with a 1/10th of a brain cell knows that Holly isn't going to win on Sunday.

loopydate
01-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Well, yeah, but it still seems like bad business to have a WWE Title match and a Cruiserweight Title match on this Sunday's PPV, then say that at next month's PPV, the titles will be defended by the current champions.

Obviously, Holly won't take the gold on Sunday, but if they're trying to convince us that he's a threat to the title, they shouldn't be discounting him already.

The CyNick
01-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Well, yeah, but it still seems like bad business to have a WWE Title match and a Cruiserweight Title match on this Sunday's PPV, then say that at next month's PPV, the titles will be defended by the current champions.

Obviously, Holly won't take the gold on Sunday, but if they're trying to convince us that he's a threat to the title, they shouldn't be discounting him already.

But thats not what is happening.

The current plan is for Eddie to challenge the WWE Champion, as of right now that man is Brock Lesnar. If they are going to do advanced promotion they have to say Eddie vs Brock because Brock is the champ right now.

Same with Rey, obviously they want to go with Chavo for the CW title show, so they have to advertise Rey vs Chavo, because if they advertise Chavo vs Noble that would give away the Rumble result.

By using the current champs and also saying 'card is subject to change' you aren't giving anything away, except that Eddie and Chavo are in line for title shots. But again, that could change at anytime.

How else should they advertsie the show?

loopydate
01-19-2004, 07:45 PM
"Don't miss being there for the first WWE Pay-Per-View ever in San Francisco on Sunday, February 15 at 4:45PM at the Cow Palace.

Here is your chance to be part of WWE history when all your favorite SmackDown! Superstars come to town. You won't want to miss...

Eddie Guerrero get his shot at the WWE Title

Chavo Guerrero challenge for the WWE Cruiserweight Title

Plus, all the rest of your favorite SmackDown! Superstars!!"

Corkscrewed
01-19-2004, 09:53 PM
I don't mind that card, though. All three matches should be killer, if the card doesn't change. :cool:

The CyNick
01-19-2004, 11:31 PM

Eddie Guerrero get his shot at the WWE Title

Chavo Guerrero challenge for the WWE Cruiserweight Title

Plus, all the rest of your favorite SmackDown! Superstars!!"

And thats what they have done, only they are using the CURRENT champions in order to better advertsie the show. Lesnar and Rey are pretty over, and I think you would want to mention their names in the advertising.