Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-03-2005, 01:32 AM
LOL@ the Jazz getting Ostertag though

Mr. Monday Morning
08-03-2005, 05:31 AM
LOL@ the Jazz getting Ostertag though

RP
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Did the Heat bring a gun to negotiations?

packt up
08-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Wtf at what the Jazz are getting.

The Outlaw
08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I dunno. I've never been a fan of Toine, but we will see how it goes. I guess it's just how Walker/Williams adjusts to the style the Heat play.

Eddie Jones/Butler though. :(

Also, Shaq basically took a pay cut for this to happen, and while his contract is still large (20 mil a year for 5 years), the guy took a 10 mil+ paycut I do believe.

Crimson
08-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Damn...why so lobsided a trade? They are purposley trying to get Miami a championship or what.

Did Shaq really take a paycut...not like it was a big sacrifice for him anyways.

Ninti the Mad
08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
20 mil a year? wtf

SuperSlim
08-04-2005, 02:48 PM
dang

RP
08-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Jazz :lol:

They really are trying to be the first all white skinned team in the league. Its hilarious.

KingofOldSchool
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I think James Posey is the true sleeper in this trade.

He is a very solid player and will be huge coming off the bench for the Heat.

I'm sure Paul Pierce is just estatic over his new teammates.

The Outlaw
08-04-2005, 03:59 PM
20 mil a year? wtf

Yeah and that's with the paycut. :o I think the Heat as a team is doing pretty well in the money range.

It's just weird that Allen Houston and Chris Webber are being paid 19.125 million a year while people like Wade and Amare are getting like 3 mil. I know they will be getting a lot more in due time, but seriously...Allen Houston? Chris Webber? :|

Austin Croshere even is getting nearly 10 mil. :lol:

VonErich Lives
08-04-2005, 05:15 PM
from what they're saying the Celts got some decent players, big guys, plus they want to give their younger guys more playing time.

Also, and no idea how this works, they got a salary cap exception from another team.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Yeah I think the salary cap exception is so they can trade Pierce (or another high salary) for somebody who makes way less or something. Atleast thats what somebody was telling me today.

VonErich Lives
08-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Yeah I think the salary cap exception is so they can trade Pierce (or another high salary) for somebody who makes way less or something. Atleast thats what somebody was telling me today.

Really? I thought an exception allowed you to take on extra money, like the old "Larry Bird Rule".

Which was the rule the passed that a team could go over the cap, only when resigning their own players.

Lotus
08-05-2005, 12:25 AM
In other words, the Heat raped everyone on this trade.

CNM
08-05-2005, 02:14 AM
Jerry West has officially lost his mind

Skippord
08-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Jazz=Retards

BCWWF
08-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Personally, I don't like this trade for the Heat. They are getting a bunch of players with big names who won't really do much. The only one that I really like in the trade is Posey. He is a good defender and if he comes into the season ready to play this year he will really help them.

Antoine and Williams are just big names that will take touches away from the best 1-2 combo in the country (unless you want to argue Duncan-Ginobili or something). Antoine is not a secondary player, he plays well when he is one of the focal points of the team. He simply won't be on the Heat, and if he tries to be it will hurt them. Jason Williams isn't bad or anything, but he's not really good either. That being said I would prefer to have Wade controlling the ball rather then Williams.

loopydate
08-07-2005, 11:50 PM
PG Jason Williams
SG Dwayne Wade
SF Antoine Walker
PF Udonis Haslem
C Shaquille O'Neal

Go ahead and punch out the Finals tickets

Except Chauncey Billups > Jason Williams, Tayshaun Prince > Antoine Walker (though Walker could have been way better without injury problems), and Rasheed Wallace > Udonis Haslem.

And the Detroit bench is still better. Unless Flip does a masterful job of fucking up what Dumars, Carlisle, and Brown built over the last three years, the road to the Finals (in the Eastern Conference) still runs through the Palace.

The Outlaw
08-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Except Chauncey Billups > Jason Williams, Tayshaun Prince > Antoine Walker (though Walker could have been way better without injury problems), and Rasheed Wallace > Udonis Haslem.

And the Detroit bench is still better. Unless Flip does a masterful job of fucking up what Dumars, Carlisle, and Brown built over the last three years, the road to the Finals (in the Eastern Conference) still runs through the Palace.

We shall see loopy.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Really? I thought an exception allowed you to take on extra money, like the old "Larry Bird Rule".

Which was the rule the passed that a team could go over the cap, only when resigning their own players.
Hmm maybe that's it. Or maybe you can use it both ways? I'm not really sure.

Also I agree about Antoine, personally I think it would have been best for his career if he could have stayed here. He won't be as effective as a secondary player. Even though I believe he won't mind taking a backseat, thats what he said in the papers and it sounded very believable. I just don't think his style is fitted to be a 3rd option.