PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania XX.

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 08:11 PM
On the assumption that this game will be made, what would you like to see in the next GCN wrestling game?

Three words for me...

FU</>CKING SEASON MODE!!!!!!!!!

I'll post a few other things as I think of 'em.

Disturbed316
01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
lol what ever they do, it better be better than the last one

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 08:33 PM
lol what ever they do, it better be better than the last one

The last one wasn't bad, except for one glaring area.

That stupid $&#*ing "Revenge" mode.

I mean, the engine was good, the CAWS look like they're part of the game, instead of being sucky compared to the other wrestlers, the options were pretty good.

I really liked the submission system too. If you held a move too long, your oponent would bust loose, knocking you for a loop.

Just Revenge was a stupid idea with poor execution. I think someone was "meeting" with RVD before this idea was dreamed up.

Vietnamese Crippler
01-19-2004, 11:57 PM
I'd say full blown No Mercy grappling engine :-\

Kane Knight
01-20-2004, 12:29 AM
I'd say full blown No Mercy grappling engine :-\

That'd be cool. but the engine as is isn't too terribly bad. It's pretty damn good, IMO. I mean, No Mercy was the best, but it's not exactly a travesty as is.

Sephiroth
01-20-2004, 04:17 AM
That'd be cool. but the engine as is isn't too terribly bad. It's pretty damn good, IMO. I mean, No Mercy was the best, but it's not exactly a travesty as is.

It's true, i liked the grappling system, wasn't as good as No Mercy but still pretty damn good, I would indeed say season mode, and maybe an online feature, so you can update your roster like everyday or create a belt. And also i think the wrestlers, were pretty slow and they didn't move smootly, they should also fix that.

You know let them fix the entire game. :shifty:

mitch_h
01-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Yea the only thing that prohibited Wrestlemania XIX from being the best next gen wrestling game was the lack of a season mode. I mean i'm not a big season mode fan myself. But I could not stand having to go through the Revenge mode to earn money. I would also like to see more moves just so some wrestlers don't seem to have the same move set.

Kane Knight
01-20-2004, 12:02 PM
It's true, i liked the grappling system, wasn't as good as No Mercy but still pretty damn good, I would indeed say season mode, and maybe an online feature, so you can update your roster like everyday or create a belt. And also i think the wrestlers, were pretty slow and they didn't move smootly, they should also fix that.

You know let them fix they entire game. :shifty:

I forgot about speed as an issue.

It's sad that Luchadores are moving so damn slow.

They didn't move smoothly, but that problem's also there in SD HCTP...Just looks different.

They needed a bigger roster for sure. I don't think there's an online option for the GCN yet. Don't know if there will be. Create-A-Belt would be awesome, especially if they take it one step further than No Mercy and allow you to add stips to the title (You know, like the HArdcore belt is defended in Hardcore matches only, and the Women's title is for women only...) based on match type or defendant type.

Hell, title defenses period would be a step up.

Loose Cannon
01-20-2004, 12:49 PM
I forgot about speed as an issue.

It's sad that Luchadores are moving so damn slow.

They didn't move smoothly, but that problem's also there in SD HCTP...Just looks different.

They needed a bigger roster for sure. I don't think there's an online option for the GCN yet. Don't know if there will be. Create-A-Belt would be awesome, especially if they take it one step further than No Mercy and allow you to add stips to the title (You know, like the HArdcore belt is defended in Hardcore matches only, and the Women's title is for women only...) based on match type or defendant type.

Hell, title defenses period would be a step up.

LOL, I rememebr in No Mercy I made Undertaker women's champion. HAHAHAHA, Revenge is sweet.

Funky Fly
01-20-2004, 01:14 PM
1. Season mode
2. More logos in the Caw system
2.5. Better Create-a-logo in the CAW system
3. More and better original themes in the CAW system
4. All the moves that were missing from No Mercy
5. The ability to fight backstage and to throw your opponent off the ramp
6. Ultimo Fu</>cking Dragon! :mad:
7. Detailed options for reverals (like No Mercy, but even more detail)
8. A "scroll faster" feature in the CAW menu
9. Entrance Gear
10. An enhanced create-a-mask feature
11. More meaningful size and weight differences (cruisers can't slam 350 lb guys, 350 lb guys can't do lucha)
12. Second rope moves (Matt Hardy's V1 legdrop is off the second rope, not the top)
13. No more of that Boss crap (let's have real wrestlers... like Ultimo Fu</>cking Dragon! :mad: )
14. In the season mode, make each belt (assuming it will be like No Mercy) accessible only to the proper weight/gender classes (only guys under 220lbs can be cruisers, etc) until you can unlock a feature that lets you take any belt with any wrestler.
15. Classic wrestlers like in HCTP.
16. A Hidden story mode that can only be unlocked by getting everything in the game without cheats.
17. If Nintendo ever gets around to going online, online tournaments and updatable rosters.
18. Customizable real wrestlers (in WMXIX you can't change costumes or music).
19. 6 alternate costumes (6 is better than 4, and 2 is just not enough)
20. The ability for more than one person to play the same guy at the same time (WTF was up with that in WMXIX?)

The Destroyer
01-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Hmm, season mode, more moves, wider range range of CAW parts and a bigger roster of characters.

The engine's pretty good, but some minor tweaks probably wouldn't hurt it. Wasn't until the third THQ produced WWF game on the N64 that they really started to get it right...

Kane Knight
01-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah, It's not like they started off making super hot games. The first ones were okay, but the later ones were where it was at...

Funky Fly
01-21-2004, 01:28 AM
21. No more zoom in sequences when someone is stunned and/or bleeding. I can't count how many times I've been screwed over by a stunned/bleeding mini movie while my special is running out or when I'm cornered by 3 guys in Revenge mode.

22. The B button should have slams as opposed to strikes, like in the previous games. There just arten't enough slams for each character anymore.

Kane Knight
01-21-2004, 12:57 PM
21. No more zoom in sequences when someone is stunned and/or bleeding. I can't count how many times I've been screwed over by a stunned/bleeding mini movie while my special is running out or when I'm cornered by 3 guys in Revenge mode.

22. The B button should have slams as opposed to strikes, like in the previous games. There just arten't enough slams for each character anymore.

21. You're damn straight. That really fu</>cks you up! :mad:

22. Slams?

Kane Knight
01-21-2004, 01:05 PM
5. The ability to fight backstage and to throw your opponent off the ramp
6. Ultimo Fu</>cking Dragon! :mad:
7. Detailed options for reverals (like No Mercy, but even more detail)
8. A "scroll faster" feature in the CAW menu
9. Entrance Gear
11. More meaningful size and weight differences (cruisers can't slam 350 lb guys, 350 lb guys can't do lucha)
13. No more of that Boss crap (let's have real wrestlers... like Ultimo Fu</>cking Dragon! :mad: )
14. In the season mode, make each belt (assuming it will be like No Mercy) accessible only to the proper weight/gender classes (only guys under 220lbs can be cruisers, etc) until you can unlock a feature that lets you take any belt with any wrestler.
15. Classic wrestlers like in HCTP.
16. A Hidden story mode that can only be unlocked by getting everything in the game without cheats.
18. Customizable real wrestlers (in WMXIX you can't change costumes or music).
19. 6 alternate costumes (6 is better than 4, and 2 is just not enough)

5. More interaction with the scenery period.
6. Ultimo and about 2 dozen other people that hsoulda been in there.
7. right on.
8. Scroll faster?
9. Smackdown has Spoiled me. I really like that option of totally designing clothing as ring only, entrance only, or both.
11. I really don't see them missing this one next time around.
13. Yeah. The notion that we get like 20 bosses when we could have had wrestlers pisses me off. And who the Hell wants to play them?
14. good idea. I like the possibility to unlock unusualt title defenses.
15. And Make them "bosses" or something. Imagine pounding on Mooks and here comes...ANDRE!
16. That'd be cool.
18-19. They really got it right with No Mercy, Customaisable movesets, appearances, multiple attires. Man, I'd like to have 4 different attires for my Caws, so I wouldn't have to remake some people just for a different appearance.

Also, random select. Randomly select attires, rings/arenas, players, even match types. Sometimes I want to just fight someone at random.

Funky Fly
01-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Hell yeah.

Head
01-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Doubt Ultimo Dragon will be in WM XX, as I have my doubts to whether or not he will even be in the WWE at that point anymore.

Kane Knight
01-22-2004, 06:26 PM
Doubt Ultimo Dragon will be in WM XX, as I have my doubts to whether or not he will even be in the WWE at that point anymore.

And seeing as how most dark matchers and Velocity folks won't make it to a game...

...On the upside, we'll likely get the amazing skills of Hardcore Holly.

Kane Knight
01-22-2004, 06:35 PM
At the very least, they need a bigger roster.

Even if Ultimo and a couple of glaring misses from XIX aren't there, they need more people. And hey, if they ignore the revenge bosses, they'll have somewhere around 20 extra slots.

Loose Cannon
01-22-2004, 06:35 PM
And seeing as how most dark matchers and Velocity folks won't make it to a game...

...On the upside, we'll likely get the amazing skills of Hardcore Holly.

Thet should just make his Special a botched move of the other wrestlers special.

Kane Knight
01-22-2004, 06:59 PM
Thet should just make his Special a botched move of the other wrestlers special.

OOOOR...

His special could be called "Holly Fracture," Where he breaks something and then loses to his opponent, only to waste TV time months later.

Kane Knight
01-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Imagine it now. HE could do his special from the top rope, and break both his legs.

Or an irish whip special, where his arms fall off.

He could severly underjump the missile dropkick and fracture his skull on the turnbuckle...

The possibilities are ENDLESS!

Loose Cannon
01-22-2004, 08:16 PM
GOLDEN!!!!!!!!!!

Lara Emily
01-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Hmm, season mode, more moves, wider range range of CAW parts and a bigger roster of characters.

The engine's pretty good, but some minor tweaks probably wouldn't hurt it. Wasn't until the third THQ produced WWF game on the N64 that they really started to get it right...
They only had two WWF games

Kane Knight
01-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah...And whatever they do, they need to have a better way to earn money.

I like the idea of earning money to buy certain unlocks, but even if Revenge mode is kept in, they've got to make other ways to make money. At least in season mode.

However, I prefer the Def Jam Vendetta deal. Earn cash in like every mode in the game. You may not get big bucks unless you go into survival mode, but at least your exhibition matches earn you money.

Just as long as they don't do the "Once you finish story mode, you can't upgrade your wrestler anymore" deal from DJV, because that sucked horribly.

Funky Fly
01-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah, all my story mode guys have maximum stats except Briggs. It really sucks because he's my favourite guy. :(

Kane Knight
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
It's been so long since I've played, I don't remember who's who.

The only two I really liked playing as were the Guile wannabe and the Wesley Snipes as Blade-Lookin' guy.

Funky Fly
01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
It's been so long since I've played, I don't remember who's who.

The only two I really liked playing as were the Guile wannabe and the Wesley Snipes as Blade-Lookin' guy.

Guile wannabe = Briggs

:'(

Kane Knight
01-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Guile wannabe = Briggs

:'(

K. He ruled.