PDA

View Full Version : One Night Only

Dellaspro
08-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Has anyone ever seen this PPV? More importantly, the Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog match?

I really don't get it... what was the point of HBK winning that match? It was really a disgrace. It was in England, for the European Championship, and right before the Montreal Screwjob. HBK didn't need the title, infact he did absolutely nothing with it other than hold it as a trophy.

Hell, the match was even dedicated to the Bulldog's sister who had cancer.

And after the match was just stupid too, how DX basically humilated the Hart Family in England.

So does anyone know why exactly they had HBK win that match? I mean, if it ended in DQ it would have been one thing... but that ending was silly.

Volchok
08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I would say it but I don't want Shadow to get mad...

Xero
08-07-2005, 04:48 PM
HBK = t3h 3V1L

Mr. JL
08-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Yes, this match was pretty good if I remember correctly. I believe at this time Shawn Michaels was in his prime. I was not too thoroughly impressed wwith the British Bulldog in this match.

I believe the basic idea for having Shawn Michaels take home the European Championship and defeat the British Bulldog was because they were planning on returning a few months later to England. The event would feature the REMATCH from One Night Only and the Brittish Bulldog would be given the win, in hopes that him winning and the fans wanting to see him win so badly would increase buys, ratings and al that jazz.

But the the Montreal Screwjob took place and the British Bulldog left the WWF along with Bret and Neidhart.

Rob
08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Here's the real deal from that match. The European title was a title made for Davey Boy Smith. It was in his own territory in a match dedicated to his sister full of people that he and the rest of the Hart Foundation drew. Shawn Michaels however had been refusing to work with any of the Harts and although he agreed to work this time, on the day of the show, he refused point blank to do the job. Davey was promised the belt back on the next tour but obviously, it never happened.

KayfabeMan
08-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Good guy that Shawn Michaels.

Vastardikai
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
He might claim to be a X-tian, but for some reason, I feel there should be a special place in hell for people like Micheals.

Hitman84
08-10-2005, 04:43 AM
imho one guy wrecking the entire storyline that had been built up, just because he refused to lay down for the members of the stable; in a way de-crediting said stable, the title he 'won' and the Federation in general, is horse shit. I thought 'workers' were supposed to 'work' with each other for the good of the company. I never liked HBK, even before Montréal, and this is one of the reasons why ... I feel it'd be the greatest thing ever for Hogan to go over him as a result, but that's another story.

PLUS: if WWF knew HBK would refuse to lay down for the Hart Foundation, why the hell didn't they put someone else in that match? Triple H would have been adequate, or Ken Shamrock, Austin (was he still out with his neck injury then?) or another tweener who hated the Harts, as almost everyone did storyline-wise in thse days; somebody like that.

Chavo Classic
08-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Lol at HBK, even when a match is dedicated to a cancer victim, he still thinks it's all about him. :lol:

Rob
08-10-2005, 06:39 PM
PLUS: if WWF knew HBK would refuse to lay down for the Hart Foundation, why the hell didn't they put someone else in that match? Triple H would have been adequate, or Ken Shamrock, Austin (was he still out with his neck injury then?) or another tweener who hated the Harts, as almost everyone did storyline-wise in thse days; somebody like that.

HHH started to refuse to work with them too. He also point blank refused to drop the European title to Owen Hart even though the only reason he got the title was because he was meant to lose to Hart because Shawn Michaels wouldn't.

And it's reasons like that why people have to understand why Bret Hart refused to put Michaels over in Montreal when he had a legal right not to which is something Michaels never had,

As for the religious stuff, I was as skeptical as anyone regarding Shawn's outlook on God but he does appear to be a changed man and I personally I am more than willing now to give him the benefit of the doubt,

Vastardikai
08-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Well, the problem is, I would, but you can't help but think that the focus on Raw should be on John Cena, instead it is on HBK vs. Hogan.

Or the fact that it would have been in the best interest of the company to job to Jericho a few years back, but it didn't go.