PDA

View Full Version : The following doesn't work:

Favre4Ever
08-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Writer #1: I've got it! Lets move Christian to Smackdown and keep Tyson Tomko on RAW!

Writer #2: Uh, aren't they partners?

Writer #1: Yeah, but i'm sure Tomko will do fine on his own. He deserves a chance to leave a mark on RAW!

<laughter>

Writer #2: Your right, it always works out anyways. Lets get out of here, Ross is only open for another hour.

The first formula I haven't seen work is taking a team thats actually GOING somewhere and splitting them up. They did this with Bubba and D-Von, and they did it with the Hardys. None of them succeded. And do you remember when Scotty was on Smackdown! and Grandmaster came back and was put on RAW? Remember what he did? Got beat by Kane three times and then got fired. That was a good idea.

Now I know that the Dudleyz and Hardys weren't a good example because at that point they "were both getting stale, blah blah blah". But you see my point. I think that if a team seems to have good chemistry and the fans enjoy them, they shouldn't split them up; they guys they should be worrying about are the ones that aren't going ANYWHERE.

The other formula that pisses me off is that when a tag team has only been around for a little bit and are doing well, EVERYTIME, they turn on eachother. London and Kidman is the most recent example, but I could take it all the way back to when the Rock and Undertaker had the titles, or DX even. The WWE needs to get some quality teams and alliances together and stick with them. I could name a HANDFUL of times when I missed a raw or smackdown, and the next episode I watched, Angle had changed from good guy to bad guy or vice versa. Fuck That.

In conclusion, they should have just given Tomko his pink slip instead of keeping him around for another month or two.

cafctom
08-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Didn't they recently do this with La Resistance too?

They kind of had them turn on each in a mild way and eventually split them up on to different brands with the use of the draft trade. However, it seems as though Rob Conway might create more of an image for himself now that he is on his own with a gimmick. But Grenier....I can't recall seeing him once on Smackdown?

Favre4Ever
08-10-2005, 09:12 PM
If Rob Conway creates an image for himself with THAT, then things are going worse than I thought.

Schoenauer
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
The idea of trading Dupree to RAW could work.. a feud with him and Conway might work... if the writers can be smart this time and figure out how to do it.

TerranRich
08-10-2005, 11:57 PM
....I can't recall seeing him once on Smackdown?
Was that a question?

Anyway, I disagree about not splitting up tag teams that work. Remember The Rockers? They worked great as a tag team. Splitting them up was the best thing that could have ever happened to Shawn Michaels. Not so great for Marty Jannetty, but you see, tag team splits almost ALWAYS work out for only one of the guys.

Same with The Smoking Gunns. Bart Gunn faded into oblivion, while Billy Gunn joined the New Age Outlaws, D-Generation X, Torrie Wilson, ad nauseam.

And lest we forget JBL, who was teamed with Faarooq for, like, ever, in the Acolytes/APA. :)

Vastardikai
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Hart Foundation (Bret and Jim), didn't necessarily break up, they just mutually split. It helped one of them in a big way, guess which one.

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 12:56 AM
I still don't see why Tomko couldn't be part of a package deal. they did it with Hassan.

As it is, I don't have a problem with it, as all he really was was a valet IMO (And not a very good one either).

Vastardikai
08-11-2005, 01:01 AM
I still say team him with Snitsky. Gives Gene something better to do than be the Raw Jobber, and gives Tyson Tomko some actual Raw TV Time. Hell, it even gives Hurri and Rosey something to do besides mess around with the Heart Throbs.

Which is why it will never happen...

Fox
08-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Why do we care again?

So Christian got the shaft and isn't making the impact on Smackdown that we all thought he would. What else is new? But who really gives a shit about Tyson Tomko? He's just a big oaf with a lot of tattoos and a goater. I care, really. They both got fucked, but at least Christian has the Peep Show and... well... at least he's got that. Fuck Tomko.

Skippord
08-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Hart Foundation (Bret and Jim), didn't necessarily break up, they just mutually split. It helped one of them in a big way, guess which one.

Neidhart

Savio
08-11-2005, 02:47 AM
It helpped shelton but that was it.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I still say team him with Snitsky. Gives Gene something better to do than be the Raw Jobber, and gives Tyson Tomko some actual Raw TV Time. Hell, it even gives Hurri and Rosey something to do besides mess around with the Heart Throbs.

I'd say fire both Gene and Tomko because they bring nothing to the business and its a disgrace that they're still on tv when Charlie Haas and Akio aren't.

(I know, another rant about the releases - but it still fucks me off)

Mr. JL
08-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Rene Dupree is on RAW?

Afterlife
08-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Why all the anti-tomkoism? The big reason I enjoy the character is beCAUSE he doesn't "add" anything. He's totally apathetic about everything except doing his job. Sure, he's willing to cover Christian's back in the ring; but remember this?

Christian: "Tomko, gimme a beat!"

Tomko: "Um...no."

That was hilarious! And it was beCAUSE Tomko couldn't care less.

Too many characters are all hyperactive and/or overly talkative about how impressive they are. But, whoops, there I go again, talking about the joy of characters that aren't simply rehashed crap. I forget my audience.

Team Sheep
08-11-2005, 09:54 AM
I was really pissed when Christian went to Smackdown solo. I really liked him with Tomko on RAW, he had someone to be humerous with, now he's just lonely and has nobody to crack jokes with. They should have traded Matt Morgan for Tomko so Tomko could be with Christian and Morgan with Carlito.

Afterlife
08-11-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree. As useless as Morgan was, Carlito having a bitch around might have kept the Show Biz fued with Jericho from fizzling out.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Why all the anti-tomkoism? The big reason I enjoy the character is beCAUSE he doesn't "add" anything. He's totally apathetic about everything except doing his job. Sure, he's willing to cover Christian's back in the ring; but remember this?

Too many characters are all hyperactive and/or overly talkative about how impressive they are. But, whoops, there I go again, talking about the joy of characters that aren't simply rehashed crap. I forget my audience.

If apathy and laziness are all it takes to be a WWE superstar, Vince should start recruiting from the job centre down the round, because there's plenty of that there.

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM

Fuck that. Slap a mask on him, team him with Hurricane, and you've got...THE FANTASTIC FOUR!

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 11:23 AM

Yeah, because that line was fresh and original, not reminiscent of typical "Colorful character teamed up with serious character," which has been done before.

Afterlife
08-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Say what you will, Tomko is good.

Kane Knight
08-12-2005, 10:06 AM

At what?

I mean, just a second ago, you were all "He's original." Now that someone's taken you to task on that, he's generically good?

Come on, his entire career thus far has been defined by that freestyle moment, which you've already mentioned. And it wasn't worth that much. In the ring, he's a joke. Out of the ring, still a joke. So where is he good?

Chavo Classic
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Don't take it personally. Somone shit in Kane Knight's shoes this morning, hence he's being nasty to all the n00bs

LK
08-12-2005, 11:05 AM
The Hardyz spilt was good for Matt. Could have been good for Jeff if he put his heart into it.

Impact!
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
If jeff had of stayed and worked hard there's a good chance he would have done something big. He was Shit over (in the good way) and he was getting a push, but instead he slacked off after his big ladder match (and abit before) and then ended up on a big losing streek finally disappearing off WWEtv completely unnoticed. Hell I was a pretty big Hardy mark and it took me about three or four months before I realised he was gone.

Kane Knight
08-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Don't take it personally. Somone shit in Kane Knight's shoes this morning, hence he's being nasty to all the n00bs

Pfft. Only other person I've been "Nasty" to is Loose Cannon, and he's hardly a n00b (Knob, yes...)

Pepsi Man
08-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Yeah, because Tomko and Christian had SO much chemistry and SO much going for them.

Crashnburn
08-12-2005, 01:00 PM

Yeah, at being background scenery.

Crashnburn
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I agree. As useless as Morgan was, Carlito having a bitch around might have kept the Show Biz fued with Jericho from fizzling out.

The "feud" between Jericho and Carlito fizzled out because Jericho was turned heel to go after the WWE championship not because Matt Morgan wasn't around.

CharismaInjection
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm glad Christian and Tomko were seperated. Tomko was holding Christian back.

Kane Knight
08-12-2005, 02:43 PM
No, E&C were holding Steiner back.

Favre4Ever
08-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't really think Tomko was holding Christian back. I hate to break it to you all, because I know that everyone in this forum is willing to make babies with the guy, but the truth is that Christian is doomed to the midcard for all of time. All i'm saying is that if Tomko and Christian weren't doing badly, wouldnt it have been better not to split them up?

Chavo Classic
08-12-2005, 05:47 PM
'For all time' is a bit definitive. Lets just say that if a space does open in the main tier for whatever reason, Christian would be one of the few candidates from the midcard who could be elevated.

LK
08-12-2005, 05:52 PM
The ladder match with Undertaker proved that Jeff could get the people behind him if he put everything he had into the match. Unfortunately he failed to capitalize on that match and just faded away.

Shadow
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
The ladder match with Undertaker proved that Jeff could get the people behind him if he put everything he had into the match. Unfortunately he failed to capitalize on that match and just faded away.

That's a misconception. The WWE failed to capitalize on that match and Jeff got burned out and faded away.

KillerWolf
08-12-2005, 10:38 PM
WHOA.

i just fell outa my chair

KillerWolf
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
what??? dude!!! ne'er mind :nono:

Afterlife
08-13-2005, 11:31 AM
The "feud" between Jericho and Carlito fizzled out because Jericho was turned heel to go after the WWE championship not because Matt Morgan wasn't around.

I understand that. But they didn't need to "buddy up" just b/c they were turning Jericho heel.

Afterlife
08-13-2005, 11:37 AM
At what?

I mean, just a second ago, you were all "He's original." Now that someone's taken you to task on that, he's generically good?

Come on, his entire career thus far has been defined by that freestyle moment, which you've already mentioned. And it wasn't worth that much. In the ring, he's a joke. Out of the ring, still a joke. So where is he good?

I didn't realize my opinion was being challenged.

I would hardly say his entire career balances on the entertainment value of the word "No". And for the most prat, yes, I feel the strong, silwnt type is an anomoly in the vast array of loudmouth belt-grubbers. Perhaps it's been "done" before, but at the moment, he's the only one -- and Taker doesn't count; he's got a gong.

I've not seen anything completely horrible out of him in-ring that we haven't seen from any first year guys. His moves are fairly basic, but his personality isn't one of a high-flier or an inventive dazzler; just a go in and get the job done kinda guy. So, basically, yeah...he's generally good.

Kane Knight
08-13-2005, 09:51 PM
I didn't say it was the center ofhis career. Just the defining moment, the only thing of worth he has done.

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Randy Orton would like to apologize to you now, Kane Knight. Randy?

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~galmania/wwe_i/img/randy_orton02.jpg
The turd was THIS BIG!

:nono:

Kane Knight
08-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Randy Orton would like to apologize to you now, Kane Knight. Randy?

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Egalmania/wwe_i/img/randy_orton02.jpg
The turd was THIS BIG!

:nono:

I have big shoes.

Corkscrewed
08-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I kinda just skimmed the replies, but I do have the following advice:

THE WRITERS HAVE BASICALLY SAID 'WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TAG OR CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISIONS ANYMORE' SO ONCE YOU ACCEPT IT, YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER.

Altho I've accepted it and I'm still sad. :'(

Basically, tho, they've said FU to those two divisions. They aren't even trying anymore.

Kane Knight
08-13-2005, 10:44 PM
I kinda just skimmed the replies, but I do have the following advice:

THE WRITERS HAVE BASICALLY SAID 'WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TAG OR CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISIONS ANYMORE' SO ONCE YOU ACCEPT IT, YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER.

Altho I've accepted it and I'm still sad. :'(

Basically, tho, they've said FU to those two divisions. They aren't even trying anymore.

I'm not sure when they ever gave a shit about the CWs. I think any enjoyment we've had out of it is pure coincidence.