PDA

View Full Version : "Good start for WWE films"

Morgan
08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Taken from Rajah.com

WWE films: "The Marine" gets good reviews

WWE and 20th Century FOX have sent out test screenings of “The Marine” to gauge the industry’s reaction to the upcoming feature film. “The Marine” is the first movie from WWE’s new production company, WWE Films. The movie features WWE Champion John Cena playing a marine, who is repatriated after an injury and finds out that his girlfriend [Kelly Carlson of “Nip/Tuck”] became a victim of hijackers while he was serving in the US army. WWE calculates the production of the project, lead by John Bonito, with a budget of 15 million dollars.

The first batch of screenings took place this week and have been favorable. Reviews were positive, with most calling it a cliched, yet entertaining action film. Cena’s acting skills aren’t really displayed in this “popcorn” action flick, although he is praised for having the right combination of looks and charisma to serve as a solid lead actor. Despite being a very early production for WWE Films, the movie is praised for having a very legitimate and “blockbuster” feel.

Don't really have much to say about this, it'll be interesting to see if the critics agree.

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Taken from Rajah.com

WWE films: "The Marine" gets good reviews

...while he was serving in the US army.

:wtf:

I'm probably being too picky about this or it could be because I have too many friends that are former Marines, but wtf?

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 12:45 PM
The movie industry is going to shit all over this. I predict bad things for the future of WWE's films. Like the review said, its very cliched - and its going to fulfill the cliche of going straight to video

SuperSlim
08-11-2005, 12:48 PM
give it at least a month in public theatres at least.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
It won't even make it over here in the UK. The wrestling industry is held in much lower regard over here than it is in the US, there's very little chance of there being a large hardcore wrestling fanbase going to see the film specifically for Cena.

Shaggy
08-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I wonder what it to happen to WWEs other horror film with Kane. The Kane one was made first and lost thing I heard is that they were still shopping it around...and that no one wants it and sadly it will go straight to DVD.

I can see Cena playing the part of a Marine. But yea I dont think this movie is gonna do that good. Atleast I hope not because all we need is a bunch of WWE guys to figure out they can act and then BAM...they leave us like The Rock. All though...I dont really care for Cena that much so he can go ahead and leave.

Morgan
08-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Waits patiently for the Gene Snitsky debut feature film.

Savio
08-11-2005, 01:44 PM
I'd like to see kanes movie.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 01:48 PM

Apparenlty I've given out too much Rep in the last 24 hours but still :rofl:

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 01:51 PM

Gene Snitksy stars in the Titanic re-make.

Scene 52 - Kate Winslet and Gene are hanging onto a wardrobe in the frozen Atlantic ocean. The ice cold air is freezing his beard and making Kate's nipples rather hard.

Kate - "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it really happened, I can't believe the unsinkable ship, the Titanic, has been sunk"

Gene - "IT... WASN'T... MY... FAULT!"

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 02:27 PM
:wtf:

I'm probably being too picky about this or it could be because I have too many friends that are former Marines, but wtf?

Probably just a dumbass reviewer.

I think the Army deserves an apology though.

El Santo
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
If the John Cena "music video" of "Bad Bad Man" is any indicator, we're in for a world of hurt.

Then again, since Cena's CD did somehow --- against all odds --- rocket up the Billboard charts and stayed there for three weeks, WWE will probably recoup a lot of that $15 M and then some.

Corkscrewed
08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I should outgross Stealth at least.... :lol: :shifty:

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
easy... if we're not careful we'll lose our cool highground over the geeks in the movie forum.

Extreme Angle
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
lol the uk will probly poke fun at this!

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 03:35 PM
The UK? eh? I'm the UK. Poke fun at what?

Extreme Angle
08-11-2005, 03:44 PM
comedy shows or film reviews on mtv!
i dunno just thought i'd say it...
i am from wales, u?

Team Sheep
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Lol you crack me up

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm ashamed to say that you're from the home of my fathers. It's a sad day for Wales when you're an ambassador

Team Sheep
08-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Hen wlad fy nhadau, aye.

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Not you Team Sheep! Araf down!

Team Sheep
08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Yes sir :$

Chavo Classic
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Good. Now I have your attention, make me a sandwich

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Probably just a dumbass reviewer.

I think the <s>Army</s> Marines deserves an apology though.

Fixed it for you. Good thing I knew what you meant. ;)

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Fixed it for you. Good thing I knew what you meant. ;)

Yeah, like a group of retards deserve an apology. Especially considering their charter was essentially to be the Navy's bitch. :lol:

Though I got to hand it to the Marines. Their average IQ is an impressive gold score.

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, like a group of retards deserve an apology. Especially considering their charter was essentially to be the Navy's bitch. :lol:

Though I got to hand it to the Marines. Their average IQ is an impressive gold score.

Nah, the Navy drives the big gray taxi cabs around for the Marines. You tell me which one's the bitch on that deal. Need further proof? Check out the Navy's cool (:roll: ) bell bottoms and hats. You know somebody had to be bitch slapped around a few times to put on an outfit like that. :lol:

Kane Knight
08-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Nah, the Navy drives the big gray taxi cabs around for the Marines. You tell me which one's the bitch on that deal. Need further proof? Check out the Navy's cool (:roll: ) bell bottoms and hats. You know somebody had to be bitch slapped around a few times to put on an outfit like that. :lol:

What part of "their Charter?" Did you miss?

The Marines were originally nothing but a transport corps.

But since it sounds like you're a Marine's family member, and their retardation is hereditary, I'll let it slide.

Besides, the Navy only drives because they want to actually GET there some day. If the Marines were still transport, we'd be fighting a war on Iraq--In Antarctica. :D

Crashnburn
08-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Besides, the Navy only drives because they want to actually GET there some day. If the Marines were still transport, we'd be fighting a war on Iraq--In Antarctica. :D

:lol: I'll make sure to pass that on to my marine corps buds.

Extreme Angle
08-12-2005, 05:02 AM
Boradar!
welsh spelling is awkward!
i'll probly go watch this film anyway...

Team Sheep
08-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Boradar!
welsh spelling is awkward!
i'll probly go watch this film anyway...

Bore da ;)