PDA

View Full Version : The Inevitable 'How to Repackage Dinsmore Thread'

TerranRich
08-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Sorry Chavo, it had to be done. ;)

Lately people have been coming up with pretty neat ways of getting rid of the retard-Eugene gimmick. What do you think would be the best way?

RP
08-12-2005, 11:44 PM
death

Joey Slugs
08-12-2005, 11:48 PM
I bet if they cut his hair, called him by his real name, and let him wrestle some 4 star matches (which he could)....

people wouldn't even notice he was Eugene.

hahahah. what am i saying? they'll re-package him as a blind guy teaming with CM Punk's deaf guy and name them "Hear No Evil, See No Evil"

Jaton
08-12-2005, 11:49 PM
They could always re-introduce him as a quadraplegic.

..I'm going to hell.

Jaton
08-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Seriously though, like many people have already said; Have him reveal that he was faking it the whole time. Massive heel turn right there.

Vietnamese Crippler
08-13-2005, 12:09 AM
With current writing staff, it would seem the knocking Eugene silly idea would be the most likely :o

Watson
08-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I'd like to see Eugene come out to the ring for an interview segment with JR or Coach the RAW before Summerslam. Then Kurt Angle comes out and starts teasing Eugene by calling him names and slapping him around. Then Eugene turns his back to Kurt and begins leaving the ring upset. But while he's leaving Kurt continues slapping him across the top of the head when all of a sudden Eugene turns around and knocks the taste out of Kurt Angle's mouth. He then grabs a mic and begins speaking normal.

He says he's sick and damn tired of acting like a complete buffoon. He says that Eric Bischoff (who he reveals is not really his uncle) forced him to act that way in order to keep his job and he says he done it not to fool the audience but to stay in WWE because being there is all he ever wanted. He says from this point on he is going to be himself and there's not a damn thing Eric Bischoff can do about it because Vince McMahon has guaranteed his job is secure. He says tonight is a new beginning for Nick Dinsmore. He will no longer be laughed at and he will no longer be perceived as joke. He says it's time he does things HIS way.

Then he throws down the microphone and continues to pummel Kurt Angle until a bunch of refs come running out from the back and pull the 2 men apart. Then, at Summerslam, he shows up clean shaven, with a haircut, new gear, and new theme music. He beats Kurt Angle cleanly and after the match he busts Kurt open and throws Kurt's medals on top of him and leaves the ring.

On RAW the next night, Eric Bischoff calls Dinsmore out to the ring and threatens to fire him but Vince McMahon comes out and tells Bischoff that if he fires Dinsmore then Vince will fire him. So Dinsmore doesn't get fired but while Bischoff is complaining to Vince, Dinsmore spins him around and gives "Uncle Eric" his finisher. Vince laughs and Dinsmore climbs the turnbuckle and poses for the crowd. After that Dinsmore gets a HUGE push.

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 12:45 AM
That is quite possibly the best storyline idea for Eugene's character yet.

Absolutely brilliant! :D

:y: :y: :y:

The Naitch
08-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I'd like to see Eugene come out to the ring for an interview segment with JR or Coach the RAW before Summerslam. Then Kurt Angle comes out and starts teasing Eugene by calling him names and slapping him around. Then Eugene turns his back to Kurt and begins leaving the ring upset. But while he's leaving Kurt continues slapping him across the top of the head when all of a sudden Eugene turns around and knocks the taste out of Kurt Angle's mouth. He then grabs a mic and begins speaking normal.

He says he's sick and damn tired of acting like a complete buffoon. He says that Eric Bischoff (who he reveals is not really his uncle) forced him to act that way in order to keep his job and he says he done it not to fool the audience but to stay in WWE because being there is all he ever wanted. He says from this point on he is going to be himself and there's not a damn thing Eric Bischoff can do about it because Vince McMahon has guaranteed his job is secure. He says tonight is a new beginning for Nick Dinsmore. He will no longer be laughed at and he will no longer be perceived as joke. He says it's time he does things HIS way.

Then he throws down the microphone and continues to pummel Kurt Angle until a bunch of refs come running out from the back and pull the 2 men apart. Then, at Summerslam, he shows up clean shaven, with a haircut, new gear, and new theme music. He beats Kurt Angle cleanly and after the match he busts Kurt open and throws Kurt's medals on top of him and leaves the ring.

On RAW the next night, Eric Bischoff calls Dinsmore out to the ring and threatens to fire him but Vince McMahon comes out and tells Bischoff that if he fires Dinsmore then Vince will fire him. So Dinsmore doesn't get fired but while Bischoff is complaining to Vince, Dinsmore spins him around and gives "Uncle Eric" his finisher. Vince laughs and Dinsmore climbs the turnbuckle and poses for the crowd. After that Dinsmore gets a HUGE push.

I like it

Problem with that is the Unforgiven PPV poster :shifty:

Watson
08-13-2005, 12:50 AM
That is quite possibly the best storyline idea for Eugene's character yet.

Absolutely brilliant! :D

:y: :y: :y:

Thanks, man. I've got a million of 'em (storyline ideas that is).

Drakul
08-13-2005, 01:13 AM
Eugene gets/reveals he has Schizophrenia and starts thinking hes 2 people then gets therapy to get rid of it and they get rid of the "Eugene" side and keep the other 'normal' side.
:shifty:

Joey Slugs
08-13-2005, 01:49 AM
big rep for watson. amazing idea. :y: :y: :y:

Watson
08-13-2005, 01:54 AM
big rep for watson. amazing idea. :y: :y: :y:

Thanks, bro.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2005, 02:52 AM

Genius. Simply genius.

If I may tweak some things, though:

Do you think it would work better if Nick didn't use Vince McMahon giving him job security as motivation for snapping out of the Eugene character, but instead used his possession of Angle's Gold Medal? Have him snap, and say that if Eric Bischoff fires him, Kurt Angle will never get a chance to win back his Gold Medal. Angle then goes pleading to Bischoff, asking him to keep the match booked for Summerslam, so he can get the Gold Medal back. Bischoff agrees, and Angle has the chance to get his prize possesion back, and Nick gets a chance to make history, and his name known.

Another idea regarding your scenario is this. At Summerslam, have him come down clean-shaven, with new attire, etc. But I'd have him come down to no music what-so-ever. Maybe the RAW theme or the Summerslam theme. New music would be awesome, but you could make it seem more real by having Eric Bischoff telling the crew not to allow Dinsmore new music. Or you could show him marching to the entrance, with the crew asking him if he wants "Child's Play" played when he walks only for Dinsmore to say no. Hell, have him come out to Kurt Angle's theme as well, or that "I Don't Suck" remix they made. Or you can have him promote SmackDown! by coming out to "Rise Up".

Anyway, that was a brilliant scenario you came up with, and I think they should do it. They have so much potential with it, and it doesn't set anything in stone for him being a face or a heel. It let's the fans recognise him for who he is, and let's them adapt accordingly.

I'm getting really excited about Nick Dinsmore now. We'll probably be stuck with "Eugene", though. :-\

Londoner
08-13-2005, 09:22 AM
How about an extra option for the poll and that is "Watson's idea'? That would be perfect.

Eunos
08-13-2005, 09:35 AM

You my friend should be working for the WWE Development team.

Shaggy
08-13-2005, 09:36 AM
I went with knocking him silly that he becomes normal again...its so Unrealistic that WWE had to do it...

but also...

My idea would of been this back before he won the gold medals...

Angle comes out and does his Angle Invitational....Eugene's music hits and he comes out to the ring and the crowd is all cheering for him and everything and he gets in. Angle starts talking to him and starts going on about how Eugene so is stupid that he could never take away his Gold Medals. He would then go on and on about stuff and then say how Eugene could never beat him. Eugene would get the mic and start talking in his Eugene voice "I think your right...Eugene cant defeat you".,,,Angle nods and says something like "Im glad you see it my way"....Then Eugene stands straight and loses the "special" talk and starts talking like his true self and says..."But Nick Dinsmore can"..and then punch him across the face.

Would of been brilliant...I thought that was what they were gonna do actually untill they didnt...I was pissed.

Dave Youell
08-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Cut off his arms and legs and tie him to a horse, that's it nothing to do with wrestling

Marcyo
08-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Cut off his arms and legs and tie him to a horse

:y:

Skippord
08-13-2005, 08:16 PM

:yes:

Watson
08-13-2005, 08:17 PM
I appreciate the compliment, you guys. I didn't think anybody would be into that idea. I just thought of it off the top of my head. I saw this thread and while I was looking at the poll options the idea just came to me and once I started typing it out the specifics, such as Dinsmore throwing the medals on Kurt and Dinsmore giving Eric his finisher, just kept coming to me. I'd give anything to be on WWE's creative team as a matter of fact that's my backup plan if my in-ring career doesn't work out. But I'm glad you all liked my idea. Thanks for the rep. Now it's my turn to return the favor. Rep for all! :love:

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Arg, too bad I can't alter the poll.

Thanks Watson, BTW :) You really should consider applying for WWE's creative team. In order to turn it from UNcreative to creative, you'd need to tell them all...

GET THE "UN" OUT!! :D

Afterlife
08-14-2005, 10:05 AM
Actually, Watson, I had the same idea -- and the best part is, it's already set up!

Eugene is fun and happy all the time and enjoys every match -- that is, until the heels start bashing his face off the turnbuckles. What happens then? Eugene snaps. He starts growling and shaking -- almost "hulking up". So just use that. Have him crack completely into two polar opposites: Eugene, the happy child...and Harvey, Eugene's violent protector. Anytime something threatens his physical well-being, Eugene gets scared and can't deal, so Harvey comes and saves him, by destroying the threat. It could be loads of fun.

And as for a heel turn, well....just have Harvey take over completely and "go too far", ripping things up and "injuring" other wrestlers. Sure, they could have him committed, but he's such a draw they can't afford to lose him. But, just like Big Show's anger management, one day harvey DOES get committed b/c he's just too insane, and then what? A few months later, Nick dinsmore appears, having gone thru his therapy and is in a completely stable condition.

Of course, that's only until he starts forgetting his medication....;)

Eric Bischoff: "Hey, I said he was special -- I just didn't say HOW special."

Tornado
08-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Awesome idea Watson, if only the WWE would use it. It's perfect.

Chavo Classic
08-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Eugene gets/reveals he has Schizophrenia and starts thinking hes 2 people then gets therapy to get rid of it and they get rid of the "Eugene" side and keep the other 'normal' side.
:shifty:

Actually thats the misconception about Schizophrenia. Schizophreniacs actually do not suffer from split personalities, they simply have hallucinations that can be auditory, olfactory or visual.

Most schizophreniacs in the severe second phase suffer from visual hallucinations and start to recognise and talk to other imaginary people. These people do not obviously exist and are creations of the sufferer's dimented mind. They do not, in fact, have two personalities.

I love my degree. :D

Chavo Classic
08-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I went with knocking him silly that he becomes normal again...its so Unrealistic that WWE had to do it...

but also...

My idea would of been this back before he won the gold medals...

Angle comes out and does his Angle Invitational....Eugene's music hits and he comes out to the ring and the crowd is all cheering for him and everything and he gets in. Angle starts talking to him and starts going on about how Eugene so is stupid that he could never take away his Gold Medals. He would then go on and on about stuff and then say how Eugene could never beat him. Eugene would get the mic and start talking in his Eugene voice "I think your right...Eugene cant defeat you".,,,Angle nods and says something like "Im glad you see it my way"....Then Eugene stands straight and loses the "special" talk and starts talking like his true self and says..."But Nick Dinsmore can"..and then punch him across the face.

Would of been brilliant...I thought that was what they were gonna do actually untill they didnt...I was pissed.

I like it. A bit like the Mankind-Cactus Jack transformation before the 2000 Royal Rumble. Watson's idea just pips this because Eugene would reveal his motives for lying for so long and it would make more sense to the younger audience - who primarily make-up Euegene's target demographic.