PDA

View Full Version : Christian can be a main eventer...

The Naitch
08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
but physically, he doesn't look like a threat. He needs to pump the roids hard, gain a couple more pounds. He already has the charisma down, but physicaly, he needs to beef things up. I think thats one of the reasons why he's been held down

redoneja
08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, last thursday Rey Mysterio looked more muscular than Xtian.

Jaton
08-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Triple H didn't used to look like a threat either.

Scarface
08-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Pretty much agree here, if he was bigger then he'd be a lot more credible.

CharismaInjection
08-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Sometimes you don't have to be bigger to be stronger. I remember hearing a rumour that Goldberg was throwing his weight around and started on Chris Jericho, and Jericho just knocked him down easy.

Jaton
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, Chris Jericho is a mushroom cloud dropping mother fucker, mother fucker.

The Naitch
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Sometimes you don't have to be bigger to be stronger. I remember hearing a rumour that Goldberg was throwing his weight around and started on Chris Jericho, and Jericho just knocked him down easy.

yeah, thats not what were talking about here. Onscreen, he needs to look bigger. Nice one though

redoneja
08-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Triple H didn't used to look like a threat either.

But around summer of 1999, when he started putting on muscle, he became champ.

Christian either needs to get ripped or put his shirt back on. He's probably my favorite wrestler in WWE but he ain't going nowhere looking like he does.

Team Sheep
08-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Jericho's gotten fat I swear. Like Carlito said, he has love handles, but I was watching my Survivor Series 2002 DVD the other day, and christ was he a beefy bastard then.

Morrisey
08-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I don't think Christian is being held down at all, they're just slowing down his push. He needs to build up more popularity on SmackDown!, and yes, beefing up a bit wouldn't do any harm.
It bothers me when people say Christian is being held down. I mean, come on, he now has his own interview segment, and he was recently involved in a WWE Title Match at Vengeance. Okay, he hasn't got a title round his waist, but I'd hardly say his push is over.
Christian has a very solid chance of becoming a true main eventer, but he hasn't really done much to show what he's capable of. I'd like to see him in a few more decent mid card feuds to build him up rather than suddenly pushing him to the moon now.

Favre4Ever
08-13-2005, 07:45 PM
I don't have too much of a problem with Christian, but theres as far as i'm concerned, he's in a long waiting line. I'd rather see Batista vs. Booker T, Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, the Undertaker, and mabye even Michael Cole before i'd want to see him battle Christian. I like the guy and he's not a bad character, but to say he's the shit and deserves a main event push right now is exaggerating.

Jalapeņo
08-13-2005, 07:46 PM
where "can" = "should"

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
where "can" = "should"
Say huh?

BUt yeah, I was actually thinking the exact same thing during the Peep Show with Batista (besides the fact that Batista either needs to shut the fuck up or go to acting school pronto); I was thinking that Christian was scrawny compared to Batista. I mean, look at Eddie Guerrero. He used to be a skinny mofo, until he joined WWE, then he started beefing up.

It's just a fact of life: in order to look like a threat in WWE you have to either be super-skilled in the ring and just powerful, or beef the fuck up. :)

Once Xtian does that, I'll take him seriously as a title contender.

Kane Knight
08-13-2005, 09:31 PM

That was backstage.

In the real world.

In the ring, there's no way JEricho could beat Goldberg (Despite the reality of the situation).

Shadow
08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
That was backstage.

In the real world.

In the ring, there's no way JEricho could beat Goldberg (Despite the reality of the situation).

One Wall of Jericho would've put him away....

Oh wait...

Impact!
08-13-2005, 11:04 PM
Say huh?

BUt yeah, I was actually thinking the exact same thing during the Peep Show with Batista (besides the fact that Batista either needs to shut the fuck up or go to acting school pronto); I was thinking that Christian was scrawny compared to Batista. I mean, look at Eddie Guerrero. He used to be a skinny mofo, until he joined WWE, then he started beefing up.

It's just a fact of life: in order to look like a threat in WWE you have to either be super-skilled in the ring and just powerful, or beef the fuck up. :)

Once Xtian does that, I'll take him seriously as a title contender.
What about HBK he ain't big.............:shifty:

Nervous Ferret
08-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I don't think Christian is being held down at all, they're just slowing down his push. He needs to build up more popularity on SmackDown!, and yes, beefing up a bit wouldn't do any harm.
It bothers me when people say Christian is being held down. I mean, come on, he now has his own interview segment, and he was recently involved in a WWE Title Match at Vengeance. Okay, he hasn't got a title round his waist, but I'd hardly say his push is over.
Christian has a very solid chance of becoming a true main eventer, but he hasn't really done much to show what he's capable of. I'd like to see him in a few more decent mid card feuds to build him up rather than suddenly pushing him to the moon now.You can't get over if you have won 2 singles matches since WM20. Granted he was injured for some of that time, but still.

Nervous Ferret
08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
He beat Randy Orton in Japan in January. And I think he beat Chris Jericho a few weeks after WM20. Maybe it was at Backlash. I'm drawing a blank besides that. Singles wise.

And beating Booker T in that pre-squash didnt count

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2005, 12:51 AM
I don't think it's as much he needs to get bigger as it is he needs to stop losing, or he needs ot turn face.

But anyway, I think the easiest way to increase Christian's credibility is to stick him in a program with Matt Hardy. I seriously think Matt Hardy and Christian would have an excellent feud, with both guys using it to climb to the top.

How would everyone feel about a Christian/Brock Lesnar pairing? Have Christian bring in Lesnar as his new Problem Solver, and have him win the World Heavyweight Championship or something. Then have Lesnar turn face, try and take the belt from Christian, only to lose, giving Christian some credibility by himself. I think it would work.

Fox
08-14-2005, 04:47 AM
He's got enough size to be a credible main eventer in the WWE (he's around the same size as world champions like Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero and The Rock), it all has to do with the way that they book him. If they make him look weak then he's going to come off as weak - if they put him over as a strong technical and offensively dominant wrestler, then he'd get more over. The problem is, because Christian is a former Lightheavyweight champion, he will never be treated as one of the "big boys."

Afterlife
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Christian will be a main eventer. They're just taking their time, looking for the right path for the first title shot. Reliznax, guys.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 11:16 AM
What about HBK he ain't big.............:shifty:

Jesus.

Afterlife
08-14-2005, 11:55 AM
lol....Heartbreak Krist. The Show Stoppah! The Ayyye-con! The Son of freakin' God! .....nvm....lol

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 12:55 PM
The second coming.

Volare
08-14-2005, 01:23 PM
lol....Heartbreak Krist. The Show Stoppah! The Ayyye-con! The Son of freakin' God! .....nvm....lol

lmfao you forgot the pyro in there

TerranRich
08-14-2005, 04:10 PM
(he's around the same size as world champions like Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Eddie Guerrero and The Rock)

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/photos/3664783111121111/02.jpg

vs.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/chrisbenoit/49.jpg and http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/rock/103.jpg

Hmm, not quite...