PDA

View Full Version : The perfect way to fix Kane.

Favre4Ever
08-13-2005, 07:53 PM
So Kane is out for a couple weeks for no good reason, as usual. Were getting ready to see Matt and Edge at Summerslam. The match is nuts, full of emotion and energy, blah blah blah. Towards the end, Matt is getting ready to Twist of Fate Edge onto the stairs, when Snitsky interferes. Kane comes out of nowhere, demolishes Snitsky, and they fight through the crowd.

The next night on RAW, Snitsky and Edge ambush Kane in the back, and they brawl into the boiler room. Kane gets thrown into a furnace, and BAM!! Here come the mask and a massive push for a Kane that doesn't have to talk anymore.

Then Torrie could come back and reunite their love.....am I missing anything?

The Naitch
08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
yeah

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
You mean Tori. Torrie is the Diva that fought Melina at the GAB. ;)

But yeah, I don't know if bringing back the mask is such a good idea.

Jalapeņo
08-13-2005, 07:58 PM
KANE IS SEXY NOW!!

DONT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM!!! :MAD:

Jalapeņo
08-13-2005, 07:58 PM
:mad: *

Favre4Ever
08-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Its better than not having the mask and losing to Edge for two months.

Yeah, i meant Tori.

Dave Youell
08-13-2005, 08:02 PM
It's been thought of before, I think it's a good idea thought, but Kane is getting to the point now where no matter what he does I really don't care

Shadow
08-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Why does Kane need to be fixed? I took him to the vet just last week. He should be fine now.

Jaton
08-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Bringing back the mask would be useless. Much like bringing back the Deadman gimmick.

Mr. Nerfect
08-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Personally I'd have him play less of a fixed role on WWE TV while the writers come up with something for him.

Next week on RAW, have Vince McMahon announce that since Hulk Hogan is competing on RAW against one of the very best there is, Shawn Michaels should be doing that as well. Vince leaves Hogan with the power to "Pick HBK's Poison". Hogan seems to have one guy already picked out in his head.

HBK is out in the semi-main event, and his opponent is none other than...Kane. Kane comes in and DEMOLISHES Michaels (make Shawn look credible, but have Kane just dominate him). Shelton Benjamin demands an IC Title shot, Eric Bischoff gives him the task of beating Kane, Hardy wants to run around like a rebel; Kane, etc. . Just have Kane come in every few weeks and KILL someone. Have him go down to OVW regularly and squash somewhere there. Hell, put the OVW Heavyweight Title on him if you want.

Have him break the Masterlock (it should be used for a new guy, but Kane would get some heat for it), and let him squash Chris Masters, sending him back to OVW.

Just have Kane based around what Kane does. Have him go in, kill someone, leave. No storylines, because the WWE usually stuffs them up. This is just until the WWE comes up with something sure-fire Kane.

Drakul
08-13-2005, 09:19 PM
This is just until the WWE comes up with something sure-fire Kane.
:shifty:

Kane Knight
08-13-2005, 09:30 PM
KAne's fine as is, sans jobbing.

TerranRich
08-13-2005, 09:38 PM
There's no possible way of fixing Kane Knight. He's broken, and is currently out of service. :(

Drakul
08-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Nothing a quick wrench to the head wont fix :shifty:

KillerWolf
08-13-2005, 10:21 PM
So Kane is out for a couple weeks for no good reason, as usual. Were getting ready to see Matt and Edge at Summerslam. The match is nuts, full of emotion and energy, blah blah blah. Towards the end, Matt is getting ready to Twist of Fate Edge onto the stairs, when Snitsky interferes. Kane comes out of nowhere, demolishes Snitsky, and they fight through the crowd.

The next night on RAW, Snitsky and Edge ambush Kane in the back, and they brawl into the boiler room. Kane gets thrown into a furnace, and BAM!! Here come the mask and a massive push for a Kane that doesn't have to talk anymore.

Then Torrie could come back and reunite their love.....am I missing anything?
you are missing a few things, friend. 1. if Edge and Hardy are having a great match, who the fuck wants to see interference. 2. it would really suck for Kane if all he has at Summer Slam is a run-in. 3. i dont think that Kane not being able to talk is a good thing, since their are only a very few guys in WWE with as good or better mic skills. 4. Kane needs another woman by his side like he needs to job to Chris Masters for five weeks in a row.

Fox
08-14-2005, 04:52 AM
KAne's fine as is, sans jobbing.

I disagree - I think he really needs the mask back. He looks like a retarded vanilla ape. He's more creepy than menacing. The mask (the original with the mouth covered) gave Kane a very demonic look and made him a legitimate monster. Add on the black and red tights and the black glove of death and you've got a very good visual gimmick. Without the mask he's just another big man.

Still, I don't know if a return with the mask would help him at this point. He's already been jobbed out to Shane McMahon, married Lita, and been outshined in his 1-on-1 feud with Edge by the return of Matt Hardy. Kane needs not only the mask - but a full on revamp of his character.

Drakul
08-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Sorry for throwing out Vince Russo quality ideas but why not have someone come out in the origonal mask and suit and say hes the real Kane and the other one (the current Kane) is an imposter who has been trying to make him look like a joke (that explains katie vick,the kane-a-roonie,etc.) Since Kane couldnt really talk origonally they can get someone else to reveal this for him. Then somehow the "real" Kane destroys the current kane and dissappears then when the current kanes hair grows back he returns causing hell like he used to and with his origonal look.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I disagree - I think he really needs the mask back. He looks like a retarded vanilla ape. He's more creepy than menacing. The mask (the original with the mouth covered) gave Kane a very demonic look and made him a legitimate monster. Add on the black and red tights and the black glove of death and you've got a very good visual gimmick. Without the mask he's just another big man.

Still, I don't know if a return with the mask would help him at this point. He's already been jobbed out to Shane McMahon, married Lita, and been outshined in his 1-on-1 feud with Edge by the return of Matt Hardy. Kane needs not only the mask - but a full on revamp of his character.

He's not menacing because he jobs to everyone. It has nothing to do with him being unmasked. He wasn't menacing before they removed it either, when he was tagging with RVD, when he was tagging with X-Pac, when he was a fucking cartoony joke...

Afterlife
08-14-2005, 11:52 AM
He may not be menacing, but he is definitely a fire hazard.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 12:55 PM
He may not be menacing, but he is definitely a fire hazard.

Especially with all the oil he uses.

Xero
08-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I really don't see the point of putting the mask back on Kane. It could make him look more menacing, but that doesn't take away the fact that he had the mask off. Just like The Undertaker going back to the deadman gimmick. He was the American Bad Ass, showing emotion, being human. Then he tries to go back to his earlier gimmick, but he's apparently adapted to the Bad Ass style because he hasn't dropped it. Now all he is is the American Bad Ass without emotion with a logo on his pants, a sit up no sell, and the Tombstone.

It's the evolution of characters. Kane had the mask and was a monster. He started to show emotion, and he lost it. The problem THERE is that he went back to being a monster and they didn't carry on his then-current gimmick and he completely flopped. Kane should be booked as a monster, but he shouldn't have to wear a mask to get over again. Kane should have never started to show what he showed during the last few years of the masked gimmick if they had ever planned on going back to the monster gimmick.

A perfect example of the evolution of characters is the Mankind gimmick. When he first debuted, he was a crazy bastard. Then he started turning into a goofy character, but still sadistic. The fact was that no matter how goofy he became, Mick Foley played the evolution perfectly and he stayed over. Of course, he also had that split personality thing going on, but that just added to the Mick Foley character (the character that contained Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love).

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I really don't see the point of putting the mask back on Kane.

The same point as bringing back the Deadman. Boredom.

I mean...

Team Sheep
08-14-2005, 03:35 PM
If they put the mask back on Kane, sure it would be cool, but no one would care by the time Unforgiven comes along.

KillerWolf
08-14-2005, 05:36 PM
He's not menacing because he jobs to everyone. It has nothing to do with him being unmasked. He wasn't menacing before they removed it either, when he was tagging with RVD, when he was tagging with X-Pac, when he was a fucking cartoony joke...

yeah.

Mr. JL
08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Unless, they have Kane wrestle with his tights/body on fire with real flames coming from them and him walking around acting perfectly normal.. I am never going to care about what the WWE does with Kane

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2005, 07:40 PM
I think the mask could help Kane. Have him backstage with a tub of "acid" or some shit and have him just laugh, them plunge his head into the acid screaming as his voice becomes distorted and then he finally pulls his head out and puts the mask on, and we can tlel by his bod movements he is laughing, but his voice box is destroyed so we can't hear anything. Kane then kicks the tub away and goes on a rampage.

The mask would be the nostalgia trip back to 1998 when Kane was destroying everything. I really think it would work.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 07:55 PM
It's worked so far for the Undertaker.

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2005, 08:28 PM
It's worked so far for the Undertaker.

The Undertaker hasn't really gone back to being who he was, though. He's just got a new hat.

Give Kane a mask, have him win matches, destroy people, etc. They seemed to be on the right track before they took him off TV.

He doesn't NEED the mask, but it would help remind us what he is capable of.

TerranRich
08-15-2005, 03:24 AM
What about a half-mask, like only covering one eye and part of one cheek, to symbolize that he is some kind of half-monster, half-machine, half-silly goofball. I don't know, really.

Kane Knight
08-15-2005, 11:01 AM
The Undertaker hasn't really gone back to being who he was, though. He's just got a new hat.

That. Was. The point.

.44 Magdalene
08-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Just have Kane come back in a Hannibal-esque muzzle mask. It hides some of the goofiness while still adding to his monster look. In fact, put him in full asylum garb. Have a truck back up to the ring, have them wheel him out on a gurney, and have sanitarium security have to shackle him up and put him back in the truck when he's done wrestling. Have him do really sick, sadistic promos from inside his cell at the asylum.

Or something.

I don't know.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2005, 05:15 AM
That. Was. The point.

So Kane reverting back to his old gimmick in the fullest is the same to The Underbiker getting a new hat?

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
So Kane reverting back to his old gimmick in the fullest is the same to The Underbiker getting a new hat?

Sure, because you can really go back to his old gimmick by putting a mask on him, just like you could bring the old Undertaker back by "killing" him.

Impact!
08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Unless, they have Kane wrestle with his tights/body on fire with real flames coming from them and him walking around acting perfectly normal.. I am never going to care about what the WWE does with Kane
:lol: , that would be awesome, but with the WWE it's more likely they'll make him have dog doo on the bottom of his shoe so that every time he goes for the big boot people dive out of the way afraid of being hit with the poo.

:shifty:

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Sure, because you can really go back to his old gimmick by putting a mask on him, just like you could bring the old Undertaker back by "killing" him.

If they slapped the old mask on him, and had him destroy people like he was before he left after his series with Edge, I gurantee he would have been taken more seriously than Maskless Kane doing exactly the same thing.

Personally, I think they should try getting him over without the mask, but you can't trust the consistency of the WWE team, so they may as well slap it on him as a revival of his charatcer.

The best move for Kane, IMO, is to either win the WWE Championship as soon as he returns, or have him jump to SD!.

KillerWolf
08-17-2005, 12:10 PM
If they slapped the old mask on him, and had him destroy people like he was before he left after his series with Edge, I gurantee he would have been taken more seriously than Maskless Kane doing exactly the same thing.

wrong. wrong. wrong.

first of all, a masked wrestler is going to be taken less seriously in general, because the mask carries with it super-hero kind of cartoonishness. secondly, when they unmasked Kane it created a great new look, and, at the time, the most interesting character, and a good evolution of the Kane character. then they fucked it all up with bad booking.

mask. no mask. it really doesnt matter because the bottom line is his character has been made the guy who baby face GM tells new heel, " I dont like you, so tonight you have to face KANE!" or heel GM tells new face, " I dont like you, so tonight you have to face KANE!" and then week in and week out, Kane is beaten in those matches.

basically, they gave what should have been Kane's spot to Batista. the way to have made Kane credible would've been to have him beat Triple H three pay-per-views in a row, for example. the best way to "fix" Kane now would be for him to have an "awakening" to the fact that he is soft, and start destroying people, credible people, and winning big matches, not just beating random jobbers on RAW, and not allowing himself to be victimized if he is going to be a face.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 12:34 PM

Personally, I think they should try getting him over without the mask, but you can't trust the consistency of the WWE team, so they may as well slap it on him as a revival of his charatcer.

The best move for Kane, IMO, is to either win the WWE Championship as soon as he returns, or have him jump to SD!.

Yeah, he'll be taken more seriously as a throwback to the campier days of wrestling, where we've moved ito the more "real" days of wrestling.

Volchok
08-17-2005, 12:52 PM
...yeah

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2005, 04:33 AM
A mask doesn't necissarily rub off as cartoony. A mask can be just part of a guy's attire. I agree, he shouldn't need it, he should destroy guys. I've said that. But the mask WOULD get people to remember his credibility and that he is a monster, and it would hopeflly move the writing team from booking him as a regular character.

KillerWolf
08-18-2005, 06:28 AM
A mask doesn't necissarily rub off as cartoony. A mask can be just part of a guy's attire. I agree, he shouldn't need it, he should destroy guys. I've said that. But the mask WOULD get people to remember his credibility and that he is a monster, and it would hopeflly move the writing team from booking him as a regular character.
when i think of Kane in a mask, i think of the Kane that tagged w/ X-Pac and RVD, and the pyromaniac who never won an inferno match.

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2005, 06:36 AM
when i think of Kane in a mask, i think of the Kane that tagged w/ X-Pac and RVD, and the pyromaniac who never won an inferno match.

Most of the fans that watch currently though wouldbe easily coerced into thinking differently with a simple video package of Masked Kane Tombstoning the living shit out of everything that moved.

To bring Kane back, I'd have him return normally, but I'd actually push him. I'd have him destroy people on RAW, SmackDown!, Heat & Velocity. I'd have him wear slightly tweaked attire to symbolise a new era of Kane, and I'd have the Chokeslam sold like death. I wouldn't have him return in the mask. But let's face it, the only way the WWE is going to push Kane like a monster again is if he does return like a novelty.

Kane Knight
08-18-2005, 11:00 AM
So you're saying we should insult the fanbase's intelligence yet again, by trying to repackage him as dominating when he only did for short sprints to job to someone.

There's another problem here: If they were serious about Kane, they wouldn't have had his momentum slowed so much in a feud with Shane. They wouldn't have him losing to Edge, especially in such a lame fashion.

redoneja
08-18-2005, 11:01 AM
I think he should be moved to Smackdown and his marriage to lita should never be mentioned again. Kane's character took a big blow when Matt Hardy came out and basically said lita wasn't married to Kane. That did nothing but fuck up the marks and basically make the Kane/Edge feud of the last 4 months pointless. Kane needs to be moved to Smackdown, be pushed as a monster, and be put in a World Heavyweight Title program with Batista.

Triple X3221
08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
First things first.........TURN KANE HEEL. Face it, a sick sadistic moster isn't really a character that should be a fan favorite. Look at the past, the times Kane was atrue heel he was awesome. When he was unmasked and went crazy, thats what he needs to be. The whole lita marriage thing..........have kane be the one reponsible for informong matt hardy. Matt could say that he suspected something and hired Kane to keep an eye on her, only he took it way to far. Have Edge and Stynsky making fun of how Edge stole matts girl and how big a dufuse Kane was. Then in a special rematch of Edge/HArdy, have stynsky out there with lita. When Stynsky get involved and they are beating Matt senseless, have Kane destroy both of them. Then have him turn slowly with that sick sadistic laugh he has and look at Matt. HArdy gets up and is completely destroyed by Kane. You could then have Kane grab a mic and say "For the past few months were a joke and that the time for laughing is over. Everyone will pay for laughing, everybody will pay dearly" then flames burst and he leaves lokking completely evil. Next few weeks should be him attacking upper midcarder faces and some heels until the damage done by his emotion and jobbing experiences can be fixed alittle bit. AND FOR GODS SAKE, DO NOT PUT ANYMORE WOMEN WITH HIM ULESS THEY ARE ON THE WRONG END OF A TOMBSTONE OR CHOKE SLAM............ANd thats how i would attempt to "fix" Kane

Favre4Ever
08-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I don't think its bad until the part where you said "Give Kane the mic".

Kane Knight
08-21-2005, 10:27 AM
First things first.........TURN KANE HEEL. Face it, a sick sadistic moster isn't really a character that should be a fan favorite.

Slight problem.

THE FANS LOVE KANE.

There's not much he can do they won't pop for, since they want to see him destroy shit. Even as a monster heel, he gets a pretty good fan reaction (which is usually what leads to hsi water face appearances)

Destor
08-21-2005, 12:14 PM
I didnt know Kane was broke.

Dorkchop
08-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Just have him come back all pissed off and destroying shit. Everyone wants to see him do that. have him win over some big names for once and give him the belt.

Kane Knight
08-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I didnt know Kane was broke.

If you knocked up the human botch machine, you'd be a little fucked up too.

Triple X3221
08-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Slight problem.

THE FANS LOVE KANE.

There's not much he can do they won't pop for, since they want to see him destroy shit. Even as a monster heel, he gets a pretty good fan reaction (which is usually what leads to hsi water face appearances)

This is true..........i think i should rephrase what i said. Kane is a really good heel character, and yes fans will cheer for him. The problem isn't the fact than fans cheer for him, but when you start doing things to get the fans to pop is where some characters go south. I give you Stone Cold Steve Austin. He became as huge as he is for doing one thing........whatever he wants. Sure sometimes he may go for a cheap pop, but the fact is his character grew when he was a heel.

Mick Foleys character Mankind is an example of how a character can go south. I know there are alot of people who loved the silly, dorkish ramblings of the Mr Socko era, but the demented, deranged character died beyond any hope of reviving it. With Kane doing things like "the Kanearooni" or any silly thing for that matter, it hurt the character. Sometimes a wrestlers best chance to revive (or even salvage) their character is to revert back and proove that it can still Exist. The Undertakers rehash of his Deadman character (beleive me, I was a HUGE fan of the Deadman) seems to me like it's alittle bit like Hulkamania (alittle too outdated). Taker tried to go back to what he was before and so far it seems to me like he's stuck in 1 gear. Kanes look has changed but the monster persona can be revived in many different ways as to not seem like deja vu. Kane started heel and destroyed anyone and everyone he came in contact with, let him do that again. With new and sometimes better people comes more possibilities to help revive Kanes character. To have Kane look for or do something to get pops is the big mistake a character like that can suffer from. Have him do what his character does best and leave the fans to form their own thoughts. The Big Red Machine loosing all the time is not a good way to help him. Kane can loose from time to time sure, but a man and a character like that is meant for mayhem, destruction, and domination to a certain point.