PDA

View Full Version : Official TNA "SACRIFICE" PPV Thread

Mr. JL
08-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Here is the card:

Main Event
Raven & Sabu V. Jeff Jarrett & Rhino
*Some high flying SABU action as per usual. ANd I'm pretty sure Raven and Rhino can carry Jarrett to a good match. Clusterfuck ending guarenteed though.

2005 Super X Cup Final
AJ Styles V. Samoa Joe
*Not too sure who should get the win here. Styles is TNA and is a former NWA Champion and should be pushed in the X Division scene. BUT Samoa Joe has just entered TNA and is on a fucking amazing win streak, and putting on phenomenal matches.

Jerry Lynn V. Sean Waltman
*Definitely looking forward to this match. I have tapes of these two back in their younger years and they had a real nice feud, with a real nice set of matches. Not too mention Waltman (X-Pac, as many of you will know him as) is actually giving a fuck when he is in the ring and is putting on some of the better matches on the TNA cards. And Lynn is just awesome all the time, Period!

Christopher Daniels V. Austin Aries
* Daniels is the mang. I have not seen much from Aries but from what I have seen I have enjoyed. Should be a good match

The saga with BG James and Billy Gunn continues into its 4th month and probally won't not end tonight. And then there is a bunch of matches thrwn in there that I don't believe many care about.

I'm thinking about ordering just for the 4 Matches I went into a bit of detail in. I'm actually interested in the card and matches, and I haven't been since Victory Road so heres the thread. Enjoy, hate, bash or praise TNA (and me)

Mr. JL
08-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Oh, and the Abyss VERSUS Lance Hoyt match should give me a good indication if Lance Hoyt has got the ability to make it as a succesful singles wrestler. I'm thinking the TNA fans would chant Hoyt at any jobber with the name "HOYT" but I really would like to see him prove he has what it takes to be a serious threat.

Mr. Nerfect
08-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Should be an excellent event. I wish someone would be able to upload the matches and such.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
NOt to be one of those posters who posts saying "I don't care," but looking through that card makes me really wonder why anyone gives a fuck about TNA.

Mr. JL
08-14-2005, 08:32 PM
.... Alienoid number zero-six and I still give a fuck

But I think a major reason for me giving a fuck is just because I am so sick and tired of WWE programming.

Jaton
08-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Well they gave away the main event in the pre-show. If Raven pins Jarrett, then Jarrett doesn't get a title shot for a year? Pft, Jarrett won't stay away from the NWA title for a year.

Shadow
08-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Well they gave away the main event in the pre-show. If Raven pins Jarrett, then Jarrett doesn't get a title shot for a year? Pft, Jarrett won't stay away from the NWA title for a year.

*clicks sniper rifle*

Yes he will...

G-wrath
08-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Shit. If Jeff Hardy doesn't show up, he'll get fired... :(

Shadow
08-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Wait...where'd you heare this?

Loose Cannon
08-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Jeff got fired. lol

G-wrath
08-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Wait...where'd you heare this?

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=12351&p=1

After the 6 man tag match, they said it.

Kane Knight
08-14-2005, 09:16 PM
.... Alienoid number zero-six and I still give a fuck

But I think a major reason for me giving a fuck is just because I am so sick and tired of WWE programming.

I didn't ask who cared, I asked why.

I'm aware people care. I'm aware that, no matter how far TNA is run into the ground, some people will see it as some sort of viable alternative. I'm aware that people enjoy weaker bookings with the same Triple H effect seem to have an appeal, especially when it involves WWE leftovers, and I most of all recognise that "sticking it to the man" is more important than being entertained. I still don't get why.

G-wrath
08-14-2005, 11:01 PM
My friend Jess is watching it and she called and told me that Jeff is in the building.

Here's a writeup:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=12351&p=1

Loose Cannon
08-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Final moments of the Main Event

Sabu looks to jump on Rhino when Abyss hits the ring and chokeslams Sabu from the ring through the table! Jeff Hardy then hits the ring and takes out Abyss with a steel chair shot and a clothesline over the top rope. Hardy then gives Jarrett the Twist of Fate in the middle of the ring and then hits the Swanton Bomb from the top rope. Raven covers Jarrett...1...2...Rhino breaks it up. Rhino then brings another table into the ring and sets it up in the corner. Raven low blows Rhino. Raven grabs Jarrett looking to DDT him through it when Rhino gives Raven the Gore through the table! Rhino covers Raven...1...2...3!

Winners: Rhino & Jeff Jarrett

After the match, a bloody Jeff Jarrett looks on from the corner as Rhino celebrates his pinfall over Raven. The PPV goes off the air with Jarrett getting in Rhino's face saying he needed to make the pinfall, not him..

-----------------------------

So now Jarrett is pissed at Rhino after 1 PPV already. WTF with these repeat storylines in the same year.

Shadow
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Know what I love about pwinsider? How you can't fucking direct link to anything. Copy and paste the damn article.

JH
08-14-2005, 11:45 PM
i watched the ppv and it was a damn good show
lynn vs waltman was great
aj vs samoa joe was the match of the night and it left the fans chanting this is awesome

PureHatred
08-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Not surprising AJ & Joe stole the show. Their work together in ROH was always good.

But reading through the results, the only thing I can think is that this is eXACTLY why TNA has only beena marginal success up to this point: Jeff Jarett. Jarrett opened the show, had two segments in between matches, and even had Chris Daniels doing an interview where he talks about him off camera. Oh yeah, and his attempt to get a title match was the centrals storyline. And he main evented.

Did I miss the huge outcry of TNA fans who demanded more JJ while he's been off air for the last couple of months?

Listen, when Triple H drops the belt but is still the focus of Raw, at least you can sort of see the justification: He's a big name. He's over. He's establshed. Even if you disagree, you see the reasoning. Is there anybody outside of Jeff Jarrett's family who can reasonably say that he's more over than Raven or Chris Daniels or AJ Styles or Samoa Joe or Sabu or Jerry Lynn or Waltman or Jeff Hardy or Rhyno or the 3LK...do you get where I'm going here? There are TNA midcarders getting bigger reactions than this guy yet this PPV could've been called "Jarrett Knows Best."

Great wrestling. (Some of my friends watched this and they were blown away by the Waltman/Lynn match.) Unforunately, piss-poor booking. The exact same formula that got TNA to where its at: No live revenue, a show that got worse ratings than professional darts and a second show that will air late on a Saturday night on a network that said it "hated" wrestling.

Shadow
08-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Now for my question...

Why was it so important that the annouce team say that Jeff Hardy needed to show up to this PPV or he'd get fired? Then they'd tell us he's in the building? Did they even show him at any point or was that just to tell us he's here?

Could someone tell me the signifigince of this or am I just going crazy?

Joey Slugs
08-15-2005, 03:17 AM
Now for my question...

Why was it so important that the annouce team say that Jeff Hardy needed to show up to this PPV or he'd get fired? Then they'd tell us he's in the building? Did they even show him at any point or was that just to tell us he's here?

Could someone tell me the signifigince of this or am I just going crazy?

he came out at the end and gave jarrett a "twist of fate" and then the swanton bomb.

Jaton
08-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah, for some reason he seemed to have forgotten that his last program before he was suspended was with Raven. Hell, he no-showed the match with him.

Mr. Nerfect
08-15-2005, 06:41 AM
I didn't ask who cared, I asked why.

I'm aware people care. I'm aware that, no matter how far TNA is run into the ground, some people will see it as some sort of viable alternative. I'm aware that people enjoy weaker bookings with the same Triple H effect seem to have an appeal, especially when it involves WWE leftovers, and I most of all recognise that "sticking it to the man" is more important than being entertained. I still don't get why.

I respect your opinion, but I think you should watch some of the stuff that went on at that PPV. Sure, the guys main eventing may be seen as washed up rejects, but there is some serious talent going on down there.

Sean Waltman vs. Jerry Lynn was a damn inspiration. Say what you will about Waltman, but for a guy that go "please fuck off" heat named after him, he has done a complete 180. I would love to see this guy get another crack (no, that was not a pun) in the WWE, or become a focus of TNA programming. He has turned his life and his career around in such a short time I don't give a crap what he was like backstage, or how he slacked off in the ring, his present and future look extremely bright to me. And Lynn is just Lynn, and I wasn't surprised by his end, but it was nice to see some stuff from him, because I am very uneducated in his work.

Austin Aries and Christopher Daniels put on a good showing, and Aries is perhaps one of the brighter stars to look out for. He showed me some of the brilliance I praise WWE superstars for, creating innovative spots that don't require flipping and spinning. He can do all that, but he showed a general appreciation and knowledge of the actual theory side as well.

AJ Styles and Samoa Joe made marks out of me. The Muscle Buster is perhaps the best finisher around today, and for a big guy, he moves so well. If he did go to the WWE, he would be drawing some fans, I'm telling you. The guy has his own image that he has molded for himself, and it is something that will seldom be duplicated. I just hope he can pull off an Ultimate X match, because that would be an all-time classic.

Christopher Daniels may be the best sports entertainer in the world not under WWE contract. I liked the way he ran out to attack AJ Styles, when he saw him beat Joe (albeit no referee), just so he could get an easier title defense at Unbreakable. Plus he might just have the best wardrobe in this business.

The main event was really fun, and I must admit, I am a complete mark for sudden Gores, especially through tables. Believeable finishers are awesome, and The Gore is just that. Rhino is in the best shape of his career, perhaps, and it would make perfect sense to put the NWA Title on him at Unbreakable, because I really don't think they should go with Jarrett at Bound for Glory. Raven vs. Jarrett is OK, but don't put it in the main event.

It may not make too much sense putting guys like Jeff Hardy or Raven in the main event, but when you are constantly building up guys like Abyss, Lance Hoyt, Ron Killings, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Austin Aries, Monty Brown, etc. to take over, the guys they have now are decent torch-passers, provided they do in fact pass the torch.

Personally, I'd ask guys like Jarrett and Raven help younger guys get started and teach them the basics of structuring a solid match, etc. Jarrett isn't awful, and Raven has excellent psychology. Both could really help tame the younger guys into main eventers. With people like Shane Douglas and Larry Zbysko helping out as well, you have enough veteran minds to really craft some great future stars.

TNA is a machine that will keep rolling, IMO. Right now they are in the cross-ove rmethod of hanging on tot he WWE dropouts and making their own icons, but I think they will make it.

Sadistic
08-15-2005, 08:03 AM
TNA > WWE

JH
08-15-2005, 09:30 AM
i bow before saidstic