PDA

View Full Version : You know...Canadian wrestling fans are morons. *Raw Spoilers*

KingofOldSchool
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
So HBK always get massively booed when in Canada for what happened in 97, yet Hogan always gets massively cheered like he is some God in Canada.

And the funny thing is that Hogan has screwed Bret over so much over the years that the Canadian fans should hate Hogan more the Shawn.

P.S. I was mightly disappointed that Zen V.W.O. didn't make a run in during the HBK promo like he said he would.

The Answer
08-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Hogan may have never wanted to job to Bret but he didn't double cross him in the ring though. You also have to take into effect not every wrestling fan knows the backstage buisness like most of us do.

McLegend
08-15-2005, 11:18 PM
I love hearing HBK get booed in Canada makes shows more interesting.

Don't really care who actually deserves to be booed more.

KingofOldSchool
08-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Hogan may have never wanted to job to Bret but he didn't double cross him in the ring though. You also have to take into effect not every wrestling fan knows the backstage buisness like most of us do.

But through word of mouth things can spread. And a lot of stuff has been published in numerous books.

Hence the whole Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita thing and Brock Lesnar leaving for football.

Jalapeņo
08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I thought Canada was such a big "smark" crowd.

Yah, fuck you you fucking bastards.

Stickman
08-15-2005, 11:21 PM
I think Canadian wrestling fans are the best. They just bring so much energy and passion to the arena. Sure Montreal fans in particular need to get over it, but they still bring a lot of electricity with them. Canadian fans are usually the fans that speak the truth. They cheer for what is actually good not what is force fed to us. The wave during the Undertaker match in Toronto, booing Eugene, cheering the heel is what Canadians do because it's the truth. Collectively they don't put up with the BS as much as other fans and will be vocal with their opinions.

JH
08-15-2005, 11:22 PM
classic shawn tonight
and how awesome was that when he hooked the sharpshooter
i almost fell off my couch i was laughing so hard

Londoner
08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
If they can't get over something that happened years ago, then that's just sad. It does make it more interesting/funny though having said that.

Jalapeņo
08-15-2005, 11:31 PM
They cheer for what is actually good not what is force fed to us. The wave during the Undertaker match in Toronto, booing Eugene, cheering the heel is what Canadians do because it's the truth. Collectively they don't put up with the BS as much as other fans and will be vocal with their opinions.

Where you even watching RAW? They told Shawn to Shut The Fuck Up.

Jalapeņo
08-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Also,

They cheer for what is actually good not what is force fed to us.

Hogan is being "force fed" as an uber face.
Same with Cena.

They both got cheers.

Yashamaga
08-15-2005, 11:43 PM
I love canadian fans.

American fans suck, except in the Northeast

Kane Knight
08-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Tragically funny.

Yashamaga
08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah the sharpshooter thing had me grinning. :D

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 12:09 AM
They cheer for what is actually good not what is force fed to us.

So wait. Hogan's good, not force fed?

Just checking, because in my uneducated opinion, I thought they were cheering for utter shit tonight. Shows what I know.,

Joey Slugs
08-16-2005, 12:14 AM
True, KK. True.

Shadow
08-16-2005, 12:18 AM

Just checking, because in my uneducated opinion, I thought they were cheering for utter shit tonight. Shows what I know.,

You too KK? I thought they were cheering for utter shit too.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 12:24 AM
You too KK? I thought they were cheering for utter shit too.

And you know why?

Because mark or smark, Canadians share one aspect that will always unite them. Fanboyism. While I'm a fan of Bret Hart, the fanboyish reaction to Bret pisses me off (As does a fanboyish reaction to anyone simply for being Canadian). Hogan's reaction is no better, and I think the Canadians were cheering for the Real American More than the Americans do.

kinglacoste
08-16-2005, 01:28 AM
GOOD JOB KANE I KNEW YOU WOULD REACH 70000 POSTS. THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE NIGHTS YOU STAYED HOME ALONE JUST YOU AND TPWW.NET
GOOD JOB FAG

Fox
08-16-2005, 01:49 AM
king, shut up, it's wasted breath. we've all tried it one time or another - just.... shut up.

Fox
08-16-2005, 01:51 AM
btw, it goes:

1) North-Eastern American fans (NY, Pennsylvania, etc)
2) Canadian fans
3) Asian fans
4) The rest of American fans

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Actually it goes Canadian fans, then some northeast american fans..as we all know NJ, Long Island, and Boston can be dull at times. Boston has it's up and downs.

NY in MSG is smart, but I hear more raucous crowds every now and then. I would rate Chicago above MSG even.

As for Canada, I think your top 4 are Montreal, TO(although they go a bit overboard just booing faces for the sake of it) Calgary and Edmonton. Halifax has done well when they get a show.

btw, I nearly had a fucking orgasm and then a HART attack. omfg. To just hear the Hitman theme sent me into a state of orgasmia. I recorded the show as well, to be able to replay it over and over.

I am very tired though.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 01:58 AM
GOOD JOB KANE I KNEW YOU WOULD REACH 70000 POSTS. THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE NIGHTS YOU STAYED HOME ALONE JUST YOU AND TPWW.NET
GOOD JOB FAG

Ever heard the phrase "trying too hard?"

kinglacoste
08-16-2005, 02:04 AM
70000 POSTS "TRYING TOO HARD"?

Joey Slugs
08-16-2005, 02:25 AM
btw, it goes:

2) Canadian fans
3) Asian fans

no love for the chicago fans? we've had some pretty loud shows in the past. (ex. Y2J's WWF debut)

AJHayes
08-16-2005, 02:27 AM
GOOD JOB FAG

You are a true waste of life. Why don't you quit posting on here? Everyone knows you're an abortion waiting to happen and I would love to be the one holding the hanger.

Savio
08-16-2005, 02:50 AM
btw, it goes:

2) Canadian fans
3) Asian fans
4) The rest of American fansin terms of?

Joey Slugs
08-16-2005, 03:00 AM
You are a true waste of life. Why don't you quit posting on here? Everyone knows you're an abortion waiting to happen and I would love to be the one holding the hanger.

Ok, that's enough. It just keeps him going. Lets all just stay on topic and ignore this little punk. He'll get bored and disappear.

in terms of?

Talking about loudest crowds I do believe.

NoRoolz
08-16-2005, 05:34 AM
The crowd was pretty hyped last night, which was great - helps you enjoy the show more.

Also - British crowds are usually really good too :D.

LK
08-16-2005, 09:09 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw HBK put the sharpshooter on Hogan

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 09:29 AM
SPENDING ALL MY TIME BITCHING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S POST COUNT "TRYING TOO HARD"?

You got it. :yes:

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 09:30 AM
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw HBK put the sharpshooter on Hogan

Same here.

I also couldn't help but picture Lara Emily and Zenny's heads exploding.

Just John
08-16-2005, 09:34 AM
You got it. :yes:

Big letters = Small Penis (Except "SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT ASS" ect.)

Just John
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Why didnt it quote what you were quoting so then I could quote what you quoted as well as quoting what he didnt quote????

(I can hear nerf's brain exploding)

JH
08-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Why didnt it quote what you were quoting so then I could quote what you quoted as well as quoting what he didnt quote????

HUH? lol

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 09:49 AM

You can't quote a quote. Anything quoted in the message you quote is removed. You can add it yourself (Copy and paste, etc.), but otherwise...

Just John
08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
why do ya have to be so confusing??

Kapoutman
08-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I was laughing too at the sharpshooter. Shawn may be an asshole (or used to be one, not sure) but he's one hell of a wrestler/entertainer.

Jalapeņo
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Actually it goes Canadian fans, then some northeast american fans..as we all know NJ, Long Island, and Boston can be dull at times. Boston has it's up and downs.

NY in MSG is smart, but I hear more raucous crowds every now and then. I would rate Chicago above MSG even.

As for Canada, I think your top 4 are Montreal, TO(although they go a bit overboard just booing faces for the sake of it) Calgary and Edmonton. Halifax has done well when they get a show.

btw, I nearly had a fucking orgasm and then a HART attack. omfg. To just hear the Hitman theme sent me into a state of orgasmia. I recorded the show as well, to be able to replay it over and over.

I am very tired though.

You have no say in this. You were part of a Canadian crowd, therefore you're automatically biased.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I was laughing too at the sharpshooter. Shawn may be an asshole (or used to be one, not sure) but he's one hell of a wrestler/entertainer.

Don't say that too loud. If you don't toe the line, they might take your Canadian citizenship away.

Do you want to go through life as an American? DO YOU?

Kapoutman
08-16-2005, 11:28 AM
I did mention he is/was an asshole.

The jury will be kind to me, RIGHT?

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 11:30 AM
I did mention he is/was an asshole.

The jury will be kind to me, RIGHT?

Yeah, you might get off with 20 years suspended citizenship instead. At least you can retire back home...

...Or hope Quebec secedes finally, and the new government is gentler. ;)

RGWhat316
08-16-2005, 02:53 PM
I agree with KK. Canadians are smart at times, but other times they do things just for the sake of doing them. Such as booing faces and cheering heels just cus they want to be different.

And the whole Montreal deal really needs to die. It's been almost 8 years!!! Even when Shawn came out last night, it took all of 2 seconds after his music stopped to get the "You Screwed Bret" chants. Now I know some will argue that WWE does this stuff intentionally to get a reaction. But most of the time, the fans start it up, and they just play off of it to piss them off.

Though the one good thing is that the reactions do make good tv. I cheered and laughed during Shawns promo. If they can't get over it, then just give it right back to them.

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 03:01 PM
It's not about "getting over it". Why should they? It's fucking fun, makes us different from most other crowds. Montreal is raucous and creative. They show enthusiasm, imagine that. Take notes, wherever the fuck they are next week.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
I agree with KK. Canadians are smart at times, but other times they do things just for the sake of doing them. Such as booing faces and cheering heels just cus they want to be different.

And the whole Montreal deal really needs to die. It's been almost 8 years!!! Even when Shawn came out last night, it took all of 2 seconds after his music stopped to get the "You Screwed Bret" chants. Now I know some will argue that WWE does this stuff intentionally to get a reaction. But most of the time, the fans start it up, and they just play off of it to piss them off.

Though the one good thing is that the reactions do make good tv. I cheered and laughed during Shawns promo. If they can't get over it, then just give it right back to them.

They knew Montreal would react this way and were prepared to egg the shit on. However, they do need to get over it.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
It's not about "getting over it". Why should they? It's fucking fun, makes us different from most other crowds. Montreal is raucous and creative. They show enthusiasm, imagine that. Take notes, wherever the fuck they are next week.

Creatrive?

Yeah, reiterating "You wscrewed BRet" for 8 years is on the bleeding fucking edge of creativity.

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 04:10 PM
You missed out on the hilarious chants directed towards Lita I see. The fact we were the first to implement the twooo chants, not to mention at one time properly use the hey hey goodbye song. Now that is the only thing overdone. You can be quite creative when you can chant in multiple languages.
There are many chants up here. I'd like to see some yanks in the mid west or in hocksville try to come up with something, other then the oh so exciting hands under your asses, we got nuthin enthusiasm.

"Charrue" "salope" and the "tu pue de la n'oune" is fuckin awesome. Oh yeah, and we actually told HBK to shut the fuck up. Philly does it, but nowhere has it been doen for a wwe crowd on tv time.

I sound a bit defensive here, but I am a prideful mother canucker.

Kapoutman
08-16-2005, 04:25 PM
They actually chanted "Tu pu d'la noune?" :eek:

I missed that one. I was probably getting something to eat.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, We know you're a nationalist fanboy, Lara Zen.

I refuse to recognise french chants until done by people who actually speak French. I don't mark out for Cajuns of Quebeccers. :p

Anyway, creative chants against Lita would be great...If Lita cracks were something new or something.

But don't worry, it's the crowning moment of your country, I'm sure.

The One
08-16-2005, 04:32 PM
I personally hate Canadian fans. No offense, but it's your god damn fault we had to see Hogan get another fucking title run back in 2002, and I bet most of you would say that is a good thing. So beggin' your pardon, but you can all kiss my ass.

Also you all need to let the fuck go of Montreal....fuck it Hart has signed a contract to do (limited) work with WWE again. He got some closure, I'd imagine it's about time you all did the same.

And another thing, yes Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and Chris Benoit are all great, and you have a few others, but for the love of god you don't need to worship a man just because he comes from the same country as you, and don't worry Canada produces PLENTY of shit wrestlers, I know, I've seen them.

So please, for the love of god and for my sake, if you come from Canada, quit trying to be a pain in the ass whenever a big promotion comes your way...maybe if you wern't such a pain in the ass to deal with they might visit more instead of being a mainly American country.

(Blame Canada :shifty: )

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 04:44 PM
lol, sometimes people like to be dificult just for the sake of being difficult.

When some other city actually takes the time to be creative in whatever way they choose to, that'd be great. But for now, it doesnt look like it's gonna happen. Just enjoy certain crowds that actually decide to show up. You paid good money, do as you please. Although I do not get the passive approach to the shows that so many cities like to show.

And yes Kapoutman, they did. Some time in the Lita match, I think after we did the "Charrue" chants, which were amusingly mistaken for "Hardy" chants by Lawler. If Hardy had shown up, he would not have gotten the reaction he would be looking for.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
lol, sometimes people like to be dificult just for the sake of being difficult.

Yes. Like when someone says it's not about getting over it, but creativity.

I mean, you have to be intentionally be obtuse to draw a line between the Montreal screwjob and creativity.

...And then try and say "Oh, it's about the Lita chants."

So tell me, oh master of the hypocritical complaints, how do the two connect?

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh, but I digress. This isn't about getting over it, this is about fanboyish devotion to nationalism.

Kane Knight
08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
And another thing, yes Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, and Chris Benoit are all great, and you have a few others, but for the love of god you don't need to worship a man just because he comes from the same country as you, and don't worry Canada produces PLENTY of shit wrestlers, I know, I've seen them.

The solution? Kill Lara Emily as a warning to all the other Canaditards.

But Hell, you should appreciate them. Being a cock is CREATIVE.

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 05:09 PM
What are you trying to say KK..the Bret chants are our signature, as perhaps I could call it. And I will. It differentiates us a bit from the rest of the masses.
Nuthin wrong with that, until Bret appears on tv, I doubt you'll be seeing a deviation from that.

The Hogan adoration is unexplainable to me. It just is.

The Lita chants were amusing. We beat the censors, although not very many people got what we said, but hey, that's ok. We find this funny.

Besides a NY or Philly crowd, you wont hear many different chants or crowd reactions. This makes the shows more entertaining. That HBK promo was gold up here. We made it that way, otherwise it was an average promo at best, although HBK managed to respond well to us, which is a credit to him.
So what exactly do you need KK? Can you think of any crowds with creativity that supercedes us, at least in tersm of wwe programming? I doubt it. Which is why we are creative. Whether it be french, english, greek, which there could have been, seeing as how we get so many damn greek flags in the arena somehow...it's all good.

I dunno, if we aren't creative, then really no town is.:y:

We'll go back to hampton next week, where we can hear the minimal jeers and cheers, and not much else.

Zen v.W.o.
08-16-2005, 05:09 PM

Thank god you didnt target moi.

Corkscrewed
08-16-2005, 05:24 PM
The Sharpshooter had me :rofl: ... if only because it was one of the worst ones I've ever seen. Not sure whose fault that'd be tho. I guess Hogan's knees weren't flexible enough. :lol:

Lara Emily
08-17-2005, 02:20 PM

You really need to get over this weird obsession you have with me.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 02:29 PM
You really need to get over this weird obsession you have with me.

Yes, because this is about you, not about the fact that you are one of a million idiotic Canadian fans.

Get over yourself, bitch, and accept the fact that you fit in perfectly with the very NATURE of this thread...

You are the epitome, the very essence of his argument.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 02:30 PM
But you as a fanboy, is no surprise. :)

Lara Emily
08-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Yes, because this is about you, not about the fact that you are one of a million idiotic Canadian fans.

Get over yourself, bitch, and accept the fact that you fit in perfectly with the very NATURE of this thread...

You are the epitome, the very essence of his argument.

pfft I'm talking beyond just this thread.

Though in context of this thread I accept nothing.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Of course not. What fanboy wants to admit they're a fanboy?

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 02:45 PM
And beyond this thread. Fuck off and stop trying to draw paranoid conspiracies up. Ooooh...KK's out to get me, like the other 9,000,000 fuckwits who make the same "obssession" cracks.

Just John
08-17-2005, 02:47 PM
yes of course lets all talk using posh words. hello there malcom theres an unlimited supply.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Buh?

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 03:36 PM
What's the problem with being a mark for a canadian if you are canadian? It's the same fucking thing as rooting for your national side in the olympics or some such shit. No diff. We're all fanboys for something.

RGWhat316
08-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, after reading the SmackDown spoilers, they are at it again. The wave was done during Mysterio's match. :roll:

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 04:18 PM
lol canadians rule. We dont like that rey rey.:y:

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
What's the problem with being a mark for a canadian if you are canadian? It's the same fucking thing as rooting for your national side in the olympics or some such shit. No diff. We're all fanboys for something.

Yeah, I can see how a story driven soap opera in spandex is the same as rooting for your own country in a competition that puts nations against each other.

I mean, they're practically the same concept! :roll:

V
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
okay seriously, what the hell?

When that girl, what's her face, Dark Angel, posted that american crowds need to chant for Christiam more, all of you called her racist and said she was stereotyping and shit.

But when someone say something about canadians we are all automatically all the same?

Well you know what i say to that....

YOU SCREWED BRET!!!!

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 05:24 PM
:lol:

Of course, american crowds WERE chanting for Christian, but details...;)

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Whereas Canadians will mindlessly mark out for anything Canadian...

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Not that I'm bigoted or anything, but after hearing 1/4th the population of Canadia chanting "You screwed Bret," You can't help but get the feeling that there's something in the water up there.

KingofOldSchool
08-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Canadians would probably cheer Saddam Hussan if he was Canadian.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Canadians would probably cheer Saddam Hussan if he was Canadian.

PROBABLY?

:lol:

Sorry, the national fanaticism just amuses me.

Remember the Rock Mocking the crowd? Pretty much the same thing.

"OMGOMGOMG! THEY'RE FROM HERE! CANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I'm telling you, Canada just lacks anything to be proud of.

mitch_h
08-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Being from Ontario, I can say that we are highly overrated in terms of being considered "smark" fans. Just like any other city, the majority of the fans are just "ignorant marks". But that does not mean we don't bring our own energy and you never know what to suspect with us.

mitch_h
08-17-2005, 06:17 PM
I will have to agree with Zen in regards to Montreal. They are awesome fans, they also resemble Philedelphia fans in terms of their bloodthirst and ruthlessness.

vampiro03
08-17-2005, 10:13 PM
kk you too were dissapointed when brett didn't come out. I don't hate canada, I was pissed with no brett but hey I figured he wouldn't show. the sharpshooter was probably thought up AFTER the STFU chants. I like it when the fans cheer and boo the heels/faces. I was at No Way Out when the nWo came back and the roof almost came off the building. you can't say that only canadian fans cheer people. wwe edits a LOT of crowd noise/chants. they can add/remove cheers or boos. they have edited in the "Rocky" chants so people thought the fans were doing it, of course fans started chanting when they heard it. they do that shit all the time

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 10:59 PM
kk you too were dissapointed when brett didn't come out.

No, I was marking out for the shittiest Sharpshooter in the biz, as Michaels pissed off an entire crowd of Canucks.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:02 PM
(And no, I didn't get my hopes up for Bret, so I wasn't let down. The editing crowds thing is obvious, but who gives a fuck? You gonna cry conspiracy?)

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Let the records show then, that I am one prideful, proud FANBOY. I wouldnt have it any other way.

btw, Big Show got a large pop. We can like americans, we just usually cheer for those with actual talent. Except Hogan, that one is unexplainable.

Marcyo
08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Except Hogan, that one is unexplainable.

Yes, I still wonder why he got the biggest reaction of the night.

Volchok
08-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Yo where were they for the chant at Triple H of " You Screwed Chyna " and " We Screwed Chyna " ?

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:32 PM
So Big Show has Talent?

How low you will go to try and disprove the notion that you're idiots.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:32 PM
And if you're proud to be a fanboy, then why complain about it when people call you on it?

Marcyo
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Big Show HAS talent. He will not be the one to reverse a powerbomb into a spring-board spinebuster in a modified hurracanrana after a swanton bomb (ok, you get the point), but he's still very entertaining.

He's still got charisma and stuff...

His match with the Heart Throbs was seriously one of the best of the night.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Big Show HAS talent. He will not be the one to reverse a powerbomb into a spring-board spinebuster in a modified hurracanrana after a swanton bomb (ok, you get the point), but he's still very entertaining.

He's still got charisma and stuff...

His match with the Heart Throbs was seriously one of the best of the night.

So...You've been drinking the Kool-Aid too?

Marcyo
08-17-2005, 11:36 PM
So...You've been drinking the Kool-Aid too?

lol

Might be because I'm tired, but I'm pretty sure I'm thinking what I'm saying.

Big Show's match wasn't good at all, wrestling-wise. Entertainement-wise, it was excellent. Crowds always like to see a giant guy squash two other guys.

Volchok
08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Anyone wanna take a shot at my question?

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 11:48 PM
KK you are trying to be difficult. I can see it plainly. You get all bent out of shape over what Canadians react to and do at shows. Stop worrying about it.

The only reason I am actually replying back is due to the fact this is amusing me.

We dont come around, after every raw show in america going, "damn, those yankees are morons". I mean sure sometimes you guys are so quiet that there is no point in discussing such matters, seeing as how they didnt react to shit, but it's really not something we get bent outta shape about.
I think you guys just take notice due to the overwhelming crowd responses that made the shows seem more interesting, when some can be piss poor.
Relax dude, they come up to Canada every now and then. You can resume watching shows in most every other boring city south of the border starting next week. Cant wait to hear the crazy Hampton fanatics go wild.

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Nobody cares about Chyna. :y:

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:52 PM
lol

Might be because I'm tired, but I'm pretty sure I'm thinking what I'm saying.

Big Show's match wasn't good at all, wrestling-wise. Entertainement-wise, it was excellent. Crowds always like to see a giant guy squash two other guys.

So then why wonder why Hogan got the biggest pop of the night?

He's got entertainment value Charisma wise. Don't defend the big show and then rip on someone who's got more Charisma to run off of.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:54 PM
KK you are trying to be difficult. I can see it plainly. You get all bent out of shape over what Canadians react to and do at shows. Stop worrying about it.

Bent out of shape?

Says the self proclaimed fanboy.

That's rich. You admit to being an idiot (Fanboys are, NO EXCEPTION), then say I'm bent out of shape because I'm arguing against fanaticism.

It's not being difficult, it's called not being a fanboy.

I don't really care if your crybaby country pops for Hogan and cries about BRet every night of the year. I just love mocking y'all for being such nationalist morons. That's not difficult, it's enjoying the truth.

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 11:55 PM
So then why wonder why Hogan got the biggest pop of the night?

He's got entertainment value Charisma wise. Don't defend the big show and then rip on someone who's got more Charisma to run off of.

It's not that he gets a pop, it's that he gets a monster pop, and seems to have crazy fanatics follow him up here like you wouldnt believe. I saw 4 guys at least with Hogan tats that night. An american, that over here, in Montreal, a city that boos the american anthem during sports games? It's nearly unfathomable.

Zen v.W.o.
08-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Bent out of shape?

Says the self proclaimed fanboy.

That's rich. You admit to being an idiot (Fanboys are, NO EXCEPTION), then say I'm bent out of shape because I'm arguing against fanaticism.

It's not being difficult, it's called not being a fanboy.

I don't really care if your crybaby country pops for Hogan and cries about BRet every night of the year. I just love mocking y'all for being such nationalist morons. That's not difficult, it's enjoying the truth.

Better to be nationalistic in entertainment and sports, then in politics and war I say. btw, Hogan, gets a bigger pop then any other canuck besides Bret. How is that nationalistic for the sake of being that way?

Volare
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
btw, it goes:

2) Canadian fans
3) Asian fans

hmmm....i do recall, Hogan started in:yes: MINNESOTA :yes: (where im from) in the AWA and a lot of the best old school Tactical wrestlers started there. so dont put out the midwest:wave:

The Gooch
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
I defense of my fellow country men we also didn't see much of Hogan during his tenure in WCW. Canada will always be a WWF/WWE territory.

I'm not a Hogan fan. But to be honest with you, the guy has something special. I really don't know what the fuck it is.

Montréal is also a city known to celebrate legends of any sport. Hogans 10(?) minute ovation a couple years back is still nothing like the one they gave Rocket Richard when they closed the Forum and honoured Les Canadiens of past glory.

Pete
08-19-2005, 04:43 AM

thats the thing about opinions, everyone has a different one, you may think hogan is force fed, doesn't mean u are right

Dellaspro
08-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Canadian fans are indeed morons. They used to be funny but got boring fast. NYC fans are loads better. No matter what you say, there is no excuse to cheer Hogan over Angle, or even Cena, and then say you don't cheer for what is force-fed. Hahaha.

The Gooch
08-19-2005, 07:26 AM
And NYC fans don't go nuts for Hogan? Yeah right.

Jalapeņo
08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Who else was too busy actually watching Raw to care about the crowds?

:shifty:

Ol Dirty Dastard
08-19-2005, 03:11 PM
What do you mean "they need to get over it?" lol

It just adds a different element to the crowd, it's all about history baby.

-edit- whoa, 11111 posts, sweet.