PDA

View Full Version : So what exactly is the main event at Summerslam?

The Answer
08-17-2005, 10:31 PM
You would figure that one of the title matches would be the final match but the way their hyping the Hogan/HBK match makes me wonder.

Favre4Ever
08-17-2005, 10:39 PM
I hope it's HBK/Hogan, but I could see it being one of the title matches. Just hope its not Cena-Jericho.

Nervous Ferret
08-17-2005, 10:40 PM
t's ob. Hogan/HBK

SuperSlim
08-17-2005, 10:51 PM
you know it's gonna be HBK/Hogan as the main main event

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Well, it should be more interesting than JBL/Batista and Chris jobbing.

Fox
08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
It might be HBK/Hogan - but the only times they've put a gimmick match on after the world title match in the recent past has been when Triple H was involved (HHH/HBK @ Bad Blood). I guess HBK has the stroke (on HHH's dick) to be put in the main event - obviously Hogan does. And with Hogan's reality show already doing great numbers, they definitely want to capitalize on the popularity of Reality TV's new #1 Dad.

Still, I think Hogan/HBK will be between the two title matches - Batista/JBL as the soup or salad (whichever you prefer), Hogan/HBK as the main course, and Jericho/Cena as the after dinner mint, and it should be sweet too.

Kane Knight
08-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Hogan>Triple H though in terms of stroke.

I don't think even HHH could pull the shit Hogan's pulled.

Corkscrewed
08-17-2005, 11:59 PM
It depends on what they want to do. It could be JBL/Batista if Lesnar comes back. It prolly won't be Cena/Jericho unless that's when HHH comes back. If Bret Hart comes back, it'll be HBK/Hogan.

Simple as that. ;)

Innovator
08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Hogan/HBK, for what reason?

ITS THE ONLY MATCH THEY'VE BUILT UP RIGHT!

Kane Knight
08-18-2005, 12:06 AM
It depends on what they want to do. It could be JBL/Batista if Lesnar comes back. It prolly won't be Cena/Jericho unless that's when HHH comes back. If Bret Hart comes back, it'll be HBK/Hogan.

Simple as that. ;)

Clear as mud. ;)

Kane Knight
08-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Hogan/HBK, for what reason?

ITS THE ONLY MATCH THEY'VE BUILT UP RIGHT!

JBL/Batista's been built pretty well.

I'm not gonna do handsrpings off of The Corporation vs Cena, but one other match has been built.

I still don't want to see that main event. At least HBK can carry Hogan. Neither Batista nor JBL can carry the other to shit.

Zen v.W.o.
08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
I think it should be HBK /Hogan, on the strength of the build alone and the fact these two are more interesting at the moment then anyone in the title scene.

I look at the champs, and see guys who quite frankly seem to have more cred or name value then they do, without the titles right now. So it wouldnt be a big thing to me to see neither world title defended in the final match of the night.
It's happened multiple times before anyways.

ilt_undertaker
08-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Yeah, probably gonna be Taker/Orton :)

Jaton
08-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Matt Hardy/Edge.

:shifty:

John la Rock
08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
HBK vs Hogan

that match is X 1000 more interesting than both title matches

Dave Youell
08-18-2005, 03:36 AM
The fact that they last Raw before Summerslam had Hogan and HBK at the end and Cena/Y2J was shown half way through the show, would lead me to think that Hogan/HBK will be the main event

Chavo Classic
08-18-2005, 05:39 AM
I'm going to pretend that Benoit is in the main event, although that would mean OJ is in there too.... but I'm just going to pretend that he's the Rock.

I'm also going to pretend I have a bunch of friends to watch it with, but the reality is that its just me :sad:

Mr. Nerfect
08-18-2005, 07:34 AM
I know people want to see it go on last, but is it really a good idea to have your second biggest show headlined by two guys of yesterday going at it, in what could be an abortion of a match?

To me, the logicial choice is Batista/JBL. The event is in World Heavyweight Champion's HOMETOWN. Plus he won the Royal Rumble and headlined WrestleMania as well as four other PPVs this year, one including John Cena as defending WWE Champion. JBL also main evented SD!'s portion last year. It should really be the final match, with it following up Hogan/Michaels from RAW.

Aussie Skier
08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE=Fox]It might be HBK/Hogan - but the only times they've put a gimmick match on after the world title match in the recent past has been when Triple H was involved (HHH/HBK @ Bad Blood).
[QUOTE]

Summerslam 2003...HBK VS HHH street fight...that wasn't 4 the title and was the main event...didn't have a world title match on that card tho I don't think

The Gooch
08-18-2005, 08:08 AM
They fucked up before when the put the title match of Hunter vs. Jericho after Hogan vs. Rock. I don't think they'll be stupid enough to do it twice. This match is selling the PPV for most people.

The One
08-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Reason number 376 why I hate Hogan, every time he shows up for a big card match and Jericho is in the WWE Title Scene, Hogan's Icon vs. _____ match takes over and no one care about Chris...

And if SummerSlam doesn't draw, I can only assume that the fault clearly lies in the lap on Chris Jericho...fuck WWE.

McLegend
08-18-2005, 01:41 PM
It's already been said

HBK/ Hogan is the main event

Chavo Classic
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Is it really for the 1st time ever though? Have these two never at all faced off?

McLegend
08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Yep pretty sure it is

Chavo Classic
08-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Not even in a dark match or at a house show? wow

Kane Knight
08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
They faced off Monday Night on Raw. Bret won with a Sharpshooter.

Xero
08-18-2005, 03:36 PM
It's probably going to be Hogan/Michaels unless they're going to have Brock redebut. Otherwise, his return won't seem as important.

Summerslam 2003...HBK VS HHH street fight...that wasn't 4 the title and was the main event...didn't have a world title match on that card tho I don't think
The match happened at SummerSlam 2002 and Brock vs. Rock for the WWE championship was the main event.

SummerSlam 2003 was the Elimination Chamber...

Volare
08-18-2005, 03:37 PM
think strategially for a second you draw more people to watch if you put HBK/Hogan on last then putting them on 2nd or 3rd to the main event and then watch the raitings drop off the face of the earth

The Gooch
08-18-2005, 03:41 PM
think strategially for a second you draw more people to watch if you put HBK/Hogan on last then putting them on 2nd or 3rd to the main event and then watch the raitings drop off the face of the earth

Or you have like in T.O where people left after Rock vs. Hogan. I wasn't there, but it was reported that this happened.

Marcyo
08-18-2005, 05:58 PM
Not even in a dark match or at a house show? wow

As KK said, they faced off monday in the dark match. I think Hogan delivered a big boot to HBK, though he couldn't do the leg drop... I think he pinned JBL.

Not sure, but anyways. Yes, they faced off before.

Yashamaga
08-18-2005, 06:55 PM
It's probably going to be Hogan/Michaels unless they're going to have Brock redebut. Otherwise, his return won't seem as important.

The match happened at SummerSlam 2002 and Brock vs. Rock for the WWE championship was the main event.

SummerSlam 2003 was the Elimination Chamber...

Survivor Series 2003 was the EC, not Summerslam.

Xero
08-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Survivor Series 2003 was the EC, not Summerslam.
The second Chamber match was at SummerSlam 2003, the first one was at Survivor Series 2002.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/wweppv/summerslam03.html

Yashamaga
08-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Oh yeah.

For some reason I was subscribed to this thread :wtf:

The Greater Power
08-20-2005, 04:26 PM
From Wrestling Exposed

Apparently, WWE is looking at SummerSlam as "The Hogan-Michaels PPV". If it draws, they will get the credit. If it doesn't, they will take the blame.

Londoner
08-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Well considering the title matches didn't even get a mention in the advertisement for summerslam over here,and they only showed hbk v Hogan, i would guess hbk/hogan is the main event. When i saw the ad i was left thinking'don't those stupid fuckers know there are two world title matches aswell?'

UmbrellaCorporation
08-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Reason number 376 why I hate Hogan, every time he shows up for a big card match and Jericho is in the WWE Title Scene, Hogan's Icon vs. _____ match takes over and no one care about Chris...

And if SummerSlam doesn't draw, I can only assume that the fault clearly lies in the lap on Chris Jericho...fuck WWE.

Agreed 100%.