PDA

View Full Version : Proof I have too much time on my hands (Rumble related)

loopydate
01-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Okay, here's how big a dork I am. I found the entry/elimination information on all 15 standard (30-man) Royal Rumbles that WWE has done and found out the average order of elimination (for instance, the #1 entrant was eliminated 4th in 1989, 18th in 1990, etc.), then ranked them accordingly. So, if WWE does this year's Rumble according to the numbers, here's what'll happen (based on who we know is coming out when).

Elimination #1 - Whoever comes out 3rd
Elimination #2 - Blah blah blah 7th
Elimination #3 - The fourth guy out
Elimination #4 - Number 5
Elimination #5 - Eighth
Elimination #6 - Whoever they send out against Benoit to start it
Elimination #7 - Big #10
Elimination #8 - Mr. 9
Elimination #9 - The eleventh entrant
Elimination #10 - Chris Benoit (sorry, Crippler)
Elimination #11 - The sixth guy
Elimination #12 - In at 12, out at 12
Elimination #13 - Fourteen
Elimination #14 - Sweet sixteen
Elimination #15 - Lucky #13
Elimination #16 - The middle man (15)
Elimination #17 - That 17th guy
Elimination #18 - Just like 12, only...with 18
Elimination #19 - #20 (there goes that whole "#20's lucky" theory)
Elimination #20 - The 19th entrant
Elimination #21 - #21 (here's where somebody starts to go on a run)
Elimination #22 - #22 (the run continues)
Elimination #23 - #23 (more runnin')
Elimination #24 - #25 (ah! #24 survived!)
Elimination #25 - #24 (not very long)
Elimination #26 - #27 (even though 27 has produced FOUR winners)
Elimination #27 - Twenty-six
Elimination #28 - The 29th entrant (allllmost)
Last Elimination - Mister Twenty-eight (dammit! You almost did it!)
Winner - Goldberg (crap)

Corkscrewed
01-20-2004, 05:29 PM
You suck, Mr. Bearer of Bad News.

loopydate
01-20-2004, 05:34 PM
On the plus side, even though #30 has the highest average point of elimination, #30 has NEVER won, so...numbers schmumbers.

Loose Cannon
01-20-2004, 05:35 PM
***Marks out for loopy's Caption Site and Goldberg BETTER NOT WIN.

Bad Guy
01-20-2004, 05:36 PM
Then again, Goldberg hates to job. I smell the first ever number 30 winner coming up.

Oxstar
01-20-2004, 08:20 PM
no way can goldberg win! plz dont book goldberg to win!

but wait wats this?

triple h has been booked to win the rumble? he aint even in the rumble!

DXJerky-Version 2.5
01-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I'd like to see a SD and Raw person left (maybe Angle and Orton) in the ring to battle it out, with a double elimination, putting both titles up for grabs at Mania.

Jason_Hawk
01-20-2004, 10:54 PM
Situation if goldberg does not win the rumble.

Writers: Bill we are sorry but we felt someone else needed a push

Goldberg: But i Bill, me no can loose

Writers: Again we are very sorry

Goldberg: I sit here piss and moan till i get my way :(

AareDub
01-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Yea, as much as I hate the idea of it, I think Goldberg is gonna win this year.

They're gonna push the hell out of him and make him look unstoppable, then have Brock kick his ass at Wrestlemania.

natureboycv
01-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Situation if goldberg does not win the rumble.

Writers: Bill we are sorry but we felt someone else needed a push

Goldberg: But i Bill, me no can loose

Writers: Again we are very sorry

Goldberg: I sit here piss and moan till i get my way :(
<font color=8307ff><b>lol

Yeah, it seems as if Goldberg's gonna win, especially with the push he got on Raw. But, a lot of times the guys who gets the upper hand on the show before the PPV loses for some reason, so I don't know.</font></b>

ColdwaVer
01-20-2004, 11:49 PM
The thing is, all the rumors seem to point to both Benoit vs HHH and Goldberg vs Lesnar. Both scenerios would require a brand jump. Interesting.

natureboycv
01-20-2004, 11:55 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>Maybe a brand trade?</font></b>

Corkscrewed
01-21-2004, 12:29 AM
Perhaps. Being a SD! fan and not getting RAW, I'd be against that tho.

Septimus
01-21-2004, 01:44 AM
k we have had a #1 enterant win before, but never a #30, benoit is reported to get a push to face Trips on Raw, and all stupid signs from this thread say goldfag is getting a push to win the rumble, so this is what i see going down:

we have never seen:
a. #30 win
b. a double elimination were #1, AND #30 win.

so basically, i see beniot and goldfag both winning, getting traded to respective shows, and the push begins for WM20.

only possible way i see angles of this nature that have been strongly rumered to happen in the past few months acctually going down.

Vega
01-21-2004, 03:45 AM
My prediction is that angle wins. Usually when a wrestler dedicates things (IE angle dedicating his match to the troops) they have them win. I would rather see Benoit win though, and before angle announced his dedication I had really high hopes for him.

Razor Rybek
01-21-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm going all out here and predicting a John Cena Rumble Victory. Maybe its just me, but i have a feeling.

push_booker_t
01-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Two words: John Cena

The Mackem
01-21-2004, 10:56 AM
methinks Kurt will win.

I hope someone from Smackdown wins though.

SuperSlim
01-21-2004, 02:29 PM
All bout the Crippler this year

Sephiroth
01-21-2004, 02:37 PM
It would be cool to see Benoit win, or have Goldberg and Benoit battle it out as the last two, So that Benoit totally kicks Goldberg ass :drool:

But then i wake up, and Goldberg wins the Rumble :cry:

Darwin Henderson
01-21-2004, 02:58 PM
id love yj2 to win but the problem is hes talented an hes not triple h, brock lesnar or goldberg
so of course he wont win!

Loose Cannon
01-21-2004, 06:02 PM
You know, I have a feeling that Cena might be #2 just so he could get his rap in. Although it would be really funny if Cena was like 13 and he comes out and does his rap while everyone is still fighting in the ring.

loopydate
01-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Although it would be really funny if Cena was like 13 and he comes out and does his rap while everyone is still fighting in the ring.

That's what I want to see. Him coming out, mid-Rumble and "freestyling" on all the guys already in it. Perhaps punctuating it with "Chriiiiiiiiiis?"

Septimus
01-24-2004, 02:29 AM
k lets all ignore my post :p

neway, really think about it, last time we had a double emimination/win 10 years ago , the royal rumble leading to WM10, plus ud think wwe would wanna do something really special this rumble to lead up to WM and its 2 decade anniversery.

now benoit is being talked about to being moved to raw to face Trips, and goldberg is being talked about moving to smackdown to face lesner, and really to make this look normal and good the bookers in wwe only have 2 options:

1. let both goldberg/benoit win the rumble, and create 2 inter promotion fueds. this seems like the less likly option from the talk right now.

or

2. let both goldberg/benoit win the rumble, and trade goldberg and benoit to the 2 seperate promotions to let each fued have its quality air time.

it really makes sence that this is whats going to happen at the rumble i think for the fueds being talked about at this time. NOW lets look at the benoit/trips fued leading up to WM20.

k benoit moving to raw give the open mark for the following to happen:

flair is on raw, Arn Anderson can gain a new TV role, and Benoit is moving to raw, ne1 see a movment here? i see the re-formation of the 4horsemen! but who is the 4th member u ask??? RANDY ORTON! this fits perfectly with the fued WWE had in planning between orton and trips. AND it also fits into prospective with the WWE magazine this month asking "is evolution on a colition course?". so basically after benoit jobs to trips at wm20, orton will take a shot at trips at backlash. thats how this fued is gunna play out in my eyes.

now u may also ask, were is baptista in this picture?? well, he sides with trips in this fued, reforming in a way... dare i say it... DX!!!?!?!?!!

so basically this is how i sum up the raw main event at WM20 and the main event at backlash.

WM20:
Heel: Benoit (w/fair, orton, and AA by his side {can this be the 4horsemen?})
V.
Face: Trips (w/Baptista & possibly 2 sidekicks {Possibly DX?})
winner: Trips

Backlash:
heel: Orton (W/ 4 horsemen)
V.
Face: Trips (w/DX)
Winner: Orton

i can also see foley getting involved in this angle some how also.

Septimus
01-24-2004, 02:32 AM
also with trips and HBK booking raw right now i can see these two making amenze so to speak and takeing on the 4horsemen together, making DX:

Trips
HBK
Baptista
Foley??

rockyrocky
01-24-2004, 10:43 AM
I think a Raw guy will win this year, as a Smackdown guy won last year, this brings up 2 names Goldberg (the obvious one), and possibly Jericho (I'm really wisihing here)

AareDub
01-24-2004, 10:48 AM
k lets all ignore my post :p

neway, really think about it, last time we had a double emimination/win 10 years ago , the royal rumble leading to WM10, plus ud think wwe would wanna do something really special this rumble to lead up to WM and its 2 decade anniversery.

No. The last time they did a double elimination was about a month ago on Smackdown. Cena and Benoit both went over at the same time. I know it wasn't the actual Royal Rumble, but I'm sure they wouldn't do it again within such a short time. If you want to go based on when things like that happened in other Royal Rumbles, well 94 wasn't the last time either. Other than that there was the Rock/Big Show incident that wasn't treated as a double elimination at the time, but it turned into the big dispute later on.

Of course anything is possible, but I'd say don't hold your breath on this one.

As for Cena's rap, it would be cool if he came down and rapped mid-match, but I think it's more likely they'll interview him backstage at some point during the show. They'll ask him what he thinks his chances are and he'll do some sort of rap.

edit:
@Septimus
Dude, I just read the rest of your post and I wanna know what the hell you are smoking! What else can I say but NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! DX IS NOT COMING BACK! EVER! The closest thing you are going to get to the Four Horsemen is Evolution right now. Also, it might not kill you to learn how to spell, learn some people's names, and a little more punctuation wouldn't hurt either.