View Full Version : Nathan Jones

c4g2
12-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Breaking News: Jones QUITS WWE

It is being reported that Nathan Jones has apparently walked out on World Wrestling Entertainment, and retired from the business. Apparently Big Show, Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar tried to talk him round but he grabbed his bags, said he couldn't take the business anymore, and quit WWE. He also failed to wrestle on today's show which he was scheduled for. While this may seem surprising to wrestling fans around the world, many in the locker room actually expected this to happen, especially after he cracked on the plane ride to Australia.

All I have to say is good riddance. :wave: Any comments?

Tornado
12-10-2003, 04:39 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Old News..</font>

c4g2
12-10-2003, 04:41 AM
I know, its rather old, but I would like to highlight the question was for opinions on his resignation, not whether its old.

John la Rock
12-10-2003, 04:42 AM
he quit, he's gone, thank god cause he was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen. :wave:

c4g2
12-10-2003, 04:43 AM
he quit, he's gone, thank god cause he was one of the worst wrestlers I have ever seen. :wave:

:y:

Tornado
12-10-2003, 04:43 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Fair Enough...:y:

Anyway, i'm kinda torn, good riddance and all, he wasn't exactly the best worker, but he was starting to show some improvement...</font>

Elements
12-10-2003, 04:57 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Fair Enough...:y:

Anyway, i'm kinda torn, good riddance and all, he wasn't exactly the best worker, but he was starting to show some improvement...</font>

I guess you could call not falling over an improvement....

Ricky
12-10-2003, 01:22 PM
lol he got scared on an aeroplane.

Kane Knight
12-10-2003, 02:35 PM
I know, its rather old, but I would like to highlight the question was for opinions on his resignation, not whether its old.

Then don't write (Or C+P) "Breaking News."

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 02:37 PM
yes, indeed i think this ain't a loss to the WWE, as he isn't a great worker or wrestler.

The CyNick
12-10-2003, 03:02 PM
They had too many big guys as it was. Jones was the 2nd worst of the bunch, so its no loss that he has left. Now if only we could get the worst big man in the company to leave (and no its not Nash or even Show).

The Show Off
12-10-2003, 03:07 PM
Some guys can take being on the road for basically 9/10's of your years. Some guys can take having to take painkillers every night after busting there ass day in day out. Some guys can take the backstage backstabbing and positioning. Some guys can take the pressures of going out and doing a live performance 5 out of 7 days of the week. Some guys can take going on an airplane during poor circumstances. Some guys can take working for a tyranical owner. Some guys can take the fact that may be risking a healthy retirment.

Nathan Jones isn't one of them. You can't really fault the guy, no one really knows how difficult it's going to be until they go out there and do it. I guess he figured that the physical, mental, and social harm that the work does to him isn't worth the minimal fame and minimal fortune. I'm gald he figured out that this buisness wasn't for him before he became a cornerstone of the buisness. The WWE won't suffer freom this, and hopefully Nathan Jones finds something in his life that he can enjoy doing.

Hired Hitman
12-10-2003, 03:11 PM
if I was nathan Jones I'd be scared to come back to Australia to, you have no idea what he left in our prime ministers fountain :mad:

Mikey
12-10-2003, 03:35 PM
I guess Jim Ross couldnt convince him to come back

MVP
12-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Good riddance. His technique and charisma totally sucked anyway.

Head
12-11-2003, 01:36 AM
Some guys can take being on the road for basically 9/10's of your years. Some guys can take having to take painkillers every night after busting there ass day in day out. Some guys can take the backstage backstabbing and positioning. Some guys can take the pressures of going out and doing a live performance 5 out of 7 days of the week. Some guys can take going on an airplane during poor circumstances. Some guys can take working for a tyranical owner. Some guys can take the fact that may be risking a healthy retirment.

Nathan Jones isn't one of them. You can't really fault the guy, no one really knows how difficult it's going to be until they go out there and do it. I guess he figured that the physical, mental, and social harm that the work does to him isn't worth the minimal fame and minimal fortune. I'm gald he figured out that this buisness wasn't for him before he became a cornerstone of the buisness. The WWE won't suffer freom this, and hopefully Nathan Jones finds something in his life that he can enjoy doing.
Couldn't have said it better myself. He wasn't happy with his current situation in life, so he did somthing about it. For that, I respect him.

Boondock Saint
12-11-2003, 01:40 AM
What Show Off said.

Although, I was just starting to get slightly used to seeing him on tv. Slightly.

KaliKot
12-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey he had a great look! I was hyped up before he showed me crap in the ring.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2003, 10:34 AM
He was like the one dude at work, first thing he does when he clocks on is take a break, and when he finally does get to work, he breaks a bunch of shit. So he quits and no one stops him.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm happy with this result. Now if only Big Show could get rattled, maybe a few other PoS big guys....

Corkscrewed
12-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Oh well. I'm not sad that he's leaving, but I'm happy that he freaked out or anything. In the end, it's his decision, and I'd rather him leave now than resort to drugs or stuff like that later. As long as he's happy and finds something else to do, what bad is there?

Tommy Gunn
12-12-2003, 05:57 AM
I remember when he debuted and they kept having him get ambushed etc backstage so all his matches would get cancelled... I don't even think I ever saw him wrestle for more than 5 minutes anyway. :n:

Kane Knight
12-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Nathan Jones not only left for the terrible plane ride that the wrestlers suffered, he also left because he had grown tired of the wrestlers and fans giving him negative opinions on his wrestling/performing skills on a daily basis. Not only the fans give Nathan Jones negative heat, but the wrestlers backstage give him crap too.

[....]

I think the Nathan Jones haters just want to fit in with the "Lets hate the hosses" bandwagon. It's just lame and stupid how people feel about Nathan Jones.

My God, did you just say something that stupid? EVEN THE OTHER WRESTLERS WERE TRASHING HIM! Has your irrational hatred of so-called "hoss haters" becomes so overwhelming that you could believe this was just bandwagon jumping instead of a real talent issue?

My God, even Zeeboe had better arguments than you.

blake639raw
12-12-2003, 04:12 PM
They had too many big guys as it was. Jones was the 2nd worst of the bunch, so its no loss that he has left. Now if only we could get the worst big man in the company to leave (and no its not Nash or even Show). Goldberg?

LK
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE]

originally posted by corkscrewed
Oh well. I'm not sad that he's leaving, but I'm happy that he freaked out or anything. In the end, it's his decision, and I'd rather him leave now than resort to drugs or stuff like that later. As long as he's happy and finds something else to do, what bad is there?

loopydate
05-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh, no...

Another bumper...

Jonster
05-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Is that the slowest reply ever?

Loose Cannon
05-13-2004, 07:11 PM
And I'm back in December again. WOW.

Jonster
05-13-2004, 07:13 PM
So time travel is possible!

Boondock Saint
05-13-2004, 07:56 PM
:wtf:

The Show Off
05-13-2004, 08:00 PM

:y: :y: :y: :y:

The Ravishing One
05-13-2004, 08:30 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Old News..</font>

Took the words out of my mouth.

Heyman
05-13-2004, 08:35 PM
They had too many big guys as it was. Jones was the 2nd worst of the bunch, so its no loss that he has left. Now if only we could get the worst big man in the company to leave (and no its not Nash or even Show).

Were you talking about Taker?

Loose Cannon
05-13-2004, 08:49 PM
lmao, check out the Dark_Kane post