PDA

View Full Version : Who else isn't happy with some of the SS results?

The Fox
08-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Ok Summer Slam was a good PPV but there are some things aren't working for me...

#1 Edge beating Hardy: Matt has been saying "I wil not die!", "I will not die!" and then he jobs. He's been in TLC matchs and he can't beat a catfish...:nono:

#2 Benoit.vs.Jordan: It's great an all that Benoit won but I would of liked to see Jordan get his ass kick a little more:D

#3 HBK losing to Hogan: I mean come on Hogan always wins! It gets old really fast in my view. He's in the HOF, he's reach the top of the ladder, so why can,t he just lose one match.

#4 Trish not being there:\'( : That's what bugs me the most. For weeks I had been told that she would return a SS and she doesn't show:( . She really need to come back soon because the women's divison is going down the drain without her:yes:

Londoner
08-22-2005, 10:33 AM
The womens division is practically dead anyway, she should comeback as a manager or something.

Only result i wasn't happy with was Eddie losing to Rey AGAIN. Eddie is being buried, seriously. I don't care how good a heel he is i now don't think that I can take him seriously again unless he starts winning soon.

I agree with the things you said about edge/matt but I predicted edge would win so i'm cool with that, the only one i got wrong was eddie/rey.

And I also agree about hbk/hogan, but Hogan was always going to win it, HBK didn't need to win it.Hogan should just fuck the hell off and leave WWE though, HBK carried the feud while Hogan sat on his ass, yet Hogan wins due to his popularity/ him promoting a new and from what i've heard about it, shite tv show.

The Fox
08-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Well for the Eddie/Rey thing I do agree a little with you cause it's true that eddie should win at least once against rey but not in that match. I mean domminick was on the line(even if it wasn't for real) but I think that they could have an other rematch later on...

SuperSlim
08-22-2005, 11:08 AM
the thing that irked me the most about it was Hogan winning.

ThruTheWire
08-22-2005, 11:47 AM
I would have completely gone insane if Cena would have tapped. Normally I don't even really like Jericho a whole lot, but last night it sucked to see him lose, especially since he was getting over with the crowd (aside from prepubescent teenagers (Chain Gang) and fat chicks)

JH
08-22-2005, 11:56 AM
so what you are saying is the only fans cena has are teenagers and fat chicks
WRONG
cena has a shit load of fans wether people like you believe it or not
i've been to 1 house show when john was still heel and he was cheered then
1 house show when he was face he was cheered even more
1 smackdown this year where not only was he cheered but his merchandise sold the fuck out
john is the future of wwe no matter what anybody says

The Gooch
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Only result i wasn't happy with was Eddie losing to Rey AGAIN. Eddie is being buried, seriously. I don't care how good a heel he is i now don't think that I can take him seriously again unless he starts winning soon.

C'mon, Eddie looked great in that match and was no way booked to look like a chump. He had the match won which you rarely see a heel cheated out of victory. I hoped the guys in the back gave them both a big applause because they busted their asses in that match. Some botched spots, but shit happens on ladders.

This may sound strange, but my only blah of the night was the length of time for Batista vs. JBL. No Holds Barred or whatever you want to call it should have time to build some drama. I must admit that was a pretty sick ending to the match though.

Morgan
08-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Just thought I'd post this, it's not really worth a new thread:

From Rajah.com
Word has it that WWE management sees no change in potential in Matt Hardy since returning. Some with in the company say that he seems quite inert as far his character development goes. The general consensus is that he’s a mid-carder with the ability to move up in the company in due time.

I would think his charatcer inert because of the writing accompanying it, shaking Vince's hand, been Edge's bitch etc.

Londoner
08-22-2005, 01:15 PM
C'mon, Eddie looked great in that match and was no way booked to look like a chump. He had the match won which you rarely see a heel cheated out of victory. I hoped the guys in the back gave them both a big applause because they busted their asses in that match. Some botched spots, but shit happens on ladders.

To be honest I didn't see the PPV, I'm just going by the results, but i'm glad you said what you said about Eddie, i'm just worried the fans wont take him seriously now though because he's lost so much, he should've won at the ppv before SS.

Crashnburn
08-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Ok Summer Slam was a good PPV but there are some things aren't working for me...

#1 Edge beating Hardy: Matt has been saying "I wil not die!", "I will not die!" and then he jobs. He's been in TLC matchs and he can't beat a catfish...:nono:

He didn't job to Edge. The match was stopped prematurely because Hardy was injured. Hardy cracked his head on the ring post when dropped in the corner. Did no one else notice the giant lump forming on his forehead? Yes, it looked bad because the match was so short and yes, it does take away quite a bit of Hardy's steam but it's not like Edge made him tap after a twenty second match.

Savio
08-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Besides HBK losing its fine with me.

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 01:23 PM
It'd make sense to see Jericho win, since he's leaving for some Fozzy dates and won't be back for like 2 months.

Also, I haven't seen the match, but everyone's saying that MAtt got hit too hard and the match ended from what might have been a legit injury. Isn't it possible that they booked him to live up to his "I wIll Not die" BS, and he got legitimately injured?

Keep in mind I MAY be wrong here, I haven't DLed the matches yet. Last night I was DLing Kurosawa films.

Gertner
08-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Benoit beting Jordan blows big time, as well as JBL losing

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
He didn't job to Edge. The match was stopped prematurely because Hardy was injured. Hardy cracked his head on the ring post when dropped in the corner. Did no one else notice the giant lump forming on his forehead? Yes, it looked bad because the match was so short and yes, it does take away quite a bit of Hardy's steam but it's not like Edge made him tap after a twenty second match.

Oh, come on, it was planned. Vince screwed Matt with a legitimate injury! :shifty:

Londoner
08-22-2005, 01:27 PM
It'd make sense to see Jericho win, since he's leaving for some Fozzy dates and won't be back for like 2 months.

Also, I haven't seen the match, but everyone's saying that MAtt got hit too hard and the match ended from what might have been a legit injury. Isn't it possible that they booked him to live up to his "I wIll Not die" BS, and he got legitimately injured?

Keep in mind I MAY be wrong here, I haven't DLed the matches yet. Last night I was DLing Kurosawa films.

Didn't hear that about Matt, I thought Edge won?

Splaya
08-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Matt Hardy/ Edge at Unforgiven in an I quit Match. Also, I've read conflicting reports that Hardy was brought into this match and it was done like this because of him repaying his dues for being rehired.

Eddie vs Rey was match of the night. When Rey came off the briefcase and Guererro powerbombed him, I was like Holy shit.

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Edge w/ Lita vs. Matt Hardy
-A recap is shown of the entire Matt Hardy/Lita/Edge triangle. Edge comes out first with Lita and surprisingly without his “Money in the Bank” briefcase. Matt comes out next and is greeted by Edge on the outside. They brawl outside the ring before Hardy throws Edge back into the ring. The match officially starts and the two continue to brawl with Hardy getting the upper hand. Edge gets control after a quick headbutt. With Matt Hardy on the apron, Edge hits a suicide spear and takes Hardy to the outside. Hardy begins to bleed from the face after hitting the ring post, face first. The ref checks on Matt a few times, but he wants to continue. Matt appears to be defensive-less as Edge keeps hitting Matt with kicks and punches to the head. The ref then stops the match and announces Edge as the winner to a course of boos.
WINNER: Edge

Credit--Rajah.com, since TPWW won't have news for another 3 years or so.

The Gooch
08-22-2005, 01:36 PM
To be honest I didn't see the PPV, I'm just going by the results, but i'm glad you said what you said about Eddie, i'm just worried the fans wont take him seriously now though because he's lost so much, he should've won at the ppv before SS.

Well what are you waiting for? Order the re-run dude.

I don't know how many will agree with me on this. But for me it was a MOTY candidate. Entertainment value 9.5/10.

PureHatred
08-22-2005, 01:36 PM
God, this is exactly the kind of bitching that gives net fans that "Never Happy, No Matter What" reputation......

Edge's win is going to be played off as some kind of fluke...and Hardy will get a special stipulation rematch down the road. Probably at the next PPV.

And HBK carried Hogan to the best match he's had, literally, in more than a decade. What more do you want? Would a win have gotten HBK over? Would it have helped his push? Hogan is probably going to be sticking around for a while, so more than likely they're going to use him to get someone over, or save his next loss for a match with Austin at WM.

SummerSlam was a good PPV, with good in-ring matches, and all I hear is "well HBK lost" or "Where was Bret or Brock or Trish...waaaah!"

Destor
08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
HBK carried Hogan to the best match he's had, literally, in more than a decade.

Now your forgetting about KOTR 2002. Any time Hogan taps its a great match. Angle is the man!

Londoner
08-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Well what are you waiting for? Order the re-run dude.

I don't know how many will agree with me on this. But for me it was a MOTY candidate. Entertainment value 9.5/10.

You think its really worth £17?(its around that price i think)

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
God, this is exactly the kind of bitching that gives net fans that "Never Happy, No Matter What" reputation......

Edge's win is going to be played off as some kind of fluke...and Hardy will get a special stipulation rematch down the road. Probably at the next PPV.

And HBK carried Hogan to the best match he's had, literally, in more than a decade. What more do you want? Would a win have gotten HBK over? Would it have helped his push? Hogan is probably going to be sticking around for a while, so more than likely they're going to use him to get someone over, or save his next loss for a match with Austin at WM.

SummerSlam was a good PPV, with good in-ring matches, and all I hear is "well HBK lost" or "Where was Bret or Brock or Trish...waaaah!"

Matt will probably be back shoving that gay "I WILL NOT DIE!" Shit down our throats, sucking up to McMahon and dropping trou for the WWE. People are complaining about what was essentially bad luck. Or we can got the Chris MAsters route and say Edge is dangerous. ;)

Hogan wasn't going down and we knew it. Michaels would have gained nothing, but people still want to see Hulk lose because they're tired of this shit. Seeing everyone break their backs to make some washed up cunt lookgood.

Mostly though, it sounds like a solid show.

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM

Hey, do you guys get a price break for the repeats?

I'd consider buying it, but it's still 35 bucks and it's not live anymore. Only reason I didn't buy it last night is my cable was fucking up. Looked like a good card to me.

The Gooch
08-22-2005, 01:50 PM

By yourself that may be a little steep. You guys need to get set up like we do in Canada and have it at the movie theatre. $14 Canadian for a seat to see it on the big screen. A few bucks more than a movie is a big :y:

Londoner
08-22-2005, 01:52 PM

I'd consider buying it, but it's still 35 bucks and it's not live anymore. Only reason I didn't buy it last night is my cable was fucking up. Looked like a good card to me.

If you mean do we get it cheaper for repeats then no i don't think we do.It's been a couple of years since I ordered a PPV from Box Office, i'll check later, the next repeat isn't until 9pm, which is still a couple of hours away.

PureHatred
08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
And Eddie did look great during that match; he will easily retain his heat. Basically, the only reason he lost was because his own family betrayed him (heel heat!) and he will probably turn into more of an over the top nutjob after this. i'm hoping he moves on to a program with Benoit, if not with Batista for the World Title.

Corkscrewed
08-22-2005, 02:26 PM
With Eddie jobbing, I'm beginning to think that the whole "Dominick really distraught over angle" news was true.

But if that was the end, then man... still a top 10 feud of all time.

PureHatred
08-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Matt will probably be back shoving that gay "I WILL NOT DIE!" Shit down our throats, sucking up to McMahon and dropping trou for the WWE. People are complaining about what was essentially bad luck. Or we can got the Chris MAsters route and say Edge is dangerous. ;)

I'm still not sure if that was a legit injury or not. Whcih make sense for this feud. But here's the thing: Hardy will probably get one win out of this program, he'll probably get to humiliate Lita along the way, and he'll be in the semi-main event of one PPV in some special stipulation match(Greensboro Street Fight!! Backyard_Style!!) but in the end Edge is going over - deservingly so.

UmbrellaCorporation
08-22-2005, 03:03 PM

I watched it, and enjoyed it like hell aside from Eddie/Jericho/JBL losing.

Edge over Matt Hardy, I practically did a backflip. I wanted Edge to win, and legitimiate injury or not, I like the way he DID win. Not taking anything away from Matt though.

Kane Knight
08-22-2005, 03:17 PM
If you mean do we get it cheaper for repeats then no i don't think we do.It's been a couple of years since I ordered a PPV from Box Office, i'll check later, the next repeat isn't until 9pm, which is still a couple of hours away.

Yeah, che3aper cost for repeats. Paying full price for a reshowing doesn't do much for me. Especially when I can rent it in a month or two on DVD.

Volchok
08-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Summerslam was an awesome PPV only bad thing was HBK losing, Hogan didn't need to win... Other than that it was a awesome ppv.

Fryza
08-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Hogan was the only thing that got me.

Destor
08-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Summerslam sub-par at best

Mr. Nerfect
08-22-2005, 09:02 PM
The US Title match's result, quite frankly, didn't matter, so it was good to see something different for a change. I hope they don't do away with OJ, though.

Edge beating Hardy was probably the right move to make, but I think it may have hurt Hardy a little to have him completely get his ass kicked. I would have marked out if Chad Patton had stopped the match, then Hardy attacked Edge while he was celebrating in the ring. Hardy wants the match to continue, but Patton won't allow it, and you can have Matt play it off as being screwed by the WWE because he's better than Edge.

The Eddie/Rey feud has finally reached its conclusion. Or it has reached a point where it can be concluded. Eddie was made to look like a million bucks, and Rey held up his end of the bargain, too. Great match, hot ending. I didn't like the one-sided commentary, though. Rey Mysterio was gambling his kid's future in a wrestling match. I'm sorry, but that's not behaviour becomming of father of the year.

Chris Jericho/John Cena was excellent, if just for the crowd reaction. I think the fans were 60-40 in favour of Jericho, but no one was angry to see Cena retain. That's what I was expecting, and it came off really good. Jericho and Cena put on a dramatic match, and the match didn't take away from Chris Jericho, and it made it look like the match could have gone either way. Brilliant match.

I think Randy Orton should have won clean. I hope Orton/Taker isn't going to continue. The two have had phenominal matches together, but it's time to call it quits, IMO. Quit while you're ahead.

Kurt Angle is being pushed by the WWE as their top heel right now. All I can say is I'm looking forward to seeing the crowd response at Unforgiven when Cena and Angle have their third (I think) match together.

Batista nearly killing JBL with the Batista Bomb was excellent. 'Tista was on fire, and I'm glad it was a short match. Make Batista look as strong as possible.

The ONE match on the card that I couldn't bring myself to understand the booking of was Hogan/Michaels. So now we have Michaels with less credibility, losing to a guy who's not even a regular on WWE TV, where he could have gone over and then jobbed to Rob Conway at Unforgiven, passing the torch to a new heel. The handshake completely shattered any lightning in a bottle Shawn Michaels has captured in the last month. Shawn Michaels goes over, offers his hand and when Hogan goes to accept, WAM, Sweet Chin Music. That would have been a classic moment. I literally fast-forwarded the end part with Hogan and Michaels, because it really didn't interest me to see the last few weeks of WWE booknig go down the toilet.

PureHatred
08-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Rob Conway? Seriously? Why?

Also...Hogan didn't need to win. did HBK?

Also...Summerslam sub-par at best Are you on fucking crack??If this was a below average PPV, then the WWE hans't actually produced a good PPV in about 15 years. This was a solid solid PPV with some really good moments even if it didn't have any shocking returns or whatever. Sometimes net fans are so jaded it makes me wonder why they even watch.

Destor
08-22-2005, 09:11 PM

Also... did HBK?

Also... Are you on fucking crack??If this was a below average PPV, then the WWE hans't actually produced a good PPV in about 15 years. This was a solid solid PPV with some really good moments even if it didn't have any shocking returns or whatever. Sometimes net fans are so jaded it makes me wonder why they even watch.

Wheather or not im on crack has nothing to do with what I thougt of the ppv, and no. Im on meth.:eek:

Mr. Nerfect
08-22-2005, 09:21 PM

Also... did HBK?

Did Hogan? Truth is this match didn't NEED to take place at all. The winner isn't a "need" decision, it is a "what is better for our company long run?" decision. HBK is constantly wreslting matches for the WWE, and is actually under contract. As the heel that beat Hogan, then rubbed it in his face at Summerslam, he could easily make guys like Shelton Benjamin and Nick Dinsmore into stars.

I chose Rob Conway as an example, simply because he is a guy with talent tha the WWE could depend on, if only he wasn't stuck with a dead-end gimmick. In OVW, Rob Conway was referred to as the "Iron Man" (I think he was, anyway), and I think he had a bit of a classic heel Shawn Michaels thing going. If he snapped out of his gimmick on RAW this week and said he wanted to make an impact, and he then beat Shawn Michaels in an amazing match (which Conway is capable of having), you have yourself a great asset to the WWE, instead of a random filler guy.

Destor
08-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Benoit vs OJ 2* (loved it though, 30 seconds just cant have 3*'s)
Matt vs Edge 1*
Rey vs Eddie 4* (great spots but the "interferiences" slowed the match down)
Kurt vs Eugine 2* (great peformance on Angles part but it just wasnt compefitive enough)
Taker vs Orton 1* (saw that match in march)
Jericho vs Cena 3*
JBL vs Batista 2* (good job by Batista, in comparison)
Hogan Micheals 4* (Hogan was in it, diquallified from the 5, lol)

40 possible points and they got........19. if 20's average they were sub par.

Mr. Nerfect
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't go by stars. Benoit vs. Jordan did the job it was supposed to do. Hot match, and the occasionally quick win is needed to establish some kind if excitement in lower card matches. There was nothing "wrong" with this match, so it gets the highest recommendation from me.

Edge vs. Matt Hardy was a great brawl while it lasted, and had some good spots. It ended quick, though, and while it certainly won't be a MOTY candidate, it did it's job well enough.

Eddie and Rey DID have a MOTY candidate, IMO. Sure, it won't win, and it won't make top three, but you need to have some of those "great, but not quite that great" level matches. Worthy of watching, and worthy of purchase of the event alone.

Right now you have two short solid matches that provided what they needed to going into a bigger match, which delivered with flying colours.

Randy Orton and The Undertaker told the story they needed to, and they had some inventive spots. Not worthy of purchase alone, but it was great enough to be considered a plus rather than a minus for the event.

John Cena and Chris Jericho had the match of the night, IMO. Not because it was an MOTY candidate, but because it brought the energy of the crowd into it. I'll remember SS '05 for a long time because of this match. Eddie vs. Rey is probably the match that will draw people into the DVD, but Cena vs. Jericho is the match that will get people to pick it up and check to see what else is on the DVD.

Batista and JBL has an entertaining little spat, with Batista nearly KILLING JBL with a Batista Bomb, followed up by a powerbomb on the steel steps. Like Cena vs. Jericho, this match will be a good indicator for those of who the top stars are, regardless of the main event and the quality of the other matches.

Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels is self-explanitory.

Hogan vs. HBK, Cena vs. Jericho and Eddie vs. Rey are the attractions, Batista vs. JBL and Randy Orton vs. Taker add to the event, and Hardy vs. Edge and Benoit vs. OJ provide their moments. The PPV could have used the last 20 minutes it saved up more wisely, perhaps with a tag team match and a cruiserweight match, but no use crying over what isn't there. What was there was more than enough to provide a great event.