PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for you to stop watching wrestling?

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
What would have to happen for you to not be a wrestling fan anymore? A Chris Masters World title reign? Changing the name of Raw to "Monday Night Diva Search" with just wrestling segments interspersed throughout?

Discuss.

Loose Cannon
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
making the whole thing a diva search with no wrestling, storylines, wrestlers what so ever anymore.

Chavo Classic
08-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Pretty much what they've been doing recently. I haven't ordered, or even watched for that matter (some PPVs are free on Sky in the UK) a PPV since One Night Stand.

and before that, it was probably No Way Out.

The Gooch
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
A gun pointed at my genitals......

I may take time off, but there is always someone or something that will bring me back to watching.

redoneja
08-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Nothing. I may not watch WWE if it starts looking like WCW did in 1999 and 2000, but I would still search the Net for RoH and japanese tapes. Plus, I might watch TNA for the X-Division.

PorkSoda
08-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Don't know. The product is pretty crap right now but I still watch it. Don't know what it would take for me to stop watching all together. Probably if I'm not home at the same time they are showing it is when I'll stop watching.

CharismaInjection
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
These people being realesed:

Eddie Guerrero.
Kurt Angle.
Rey Mysterio.
Christian.
Chris Jericho.
Kane.
Edge.
Undertaker.
Randy Orton.
Batista.
Shelton Benjamin.
Booker T.
Chris Benoit.
JBL.
Triple H.
Carlito.

and so on...

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Don't know. The product is pretty crap right now but I still watch it. Don't know what it would take for me to stop watching all together. Probably if I'm not home at the same time they are showing it is when I'll stop watching.

Got a VCR?

Gertner
08-24-2005, 03:42 PM
A chris Masters title reign would make me watch more

Londoner
08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Storylines being written without any logic to them, pointless diva searches, releasing wrestlers with talent who don't deserve to be released, HHH being champ year after year, and so on.That's pretty much why I stopped watching recently, though since i heard raw was good on monday ill watch the repeat tonight, same goes for SD on friday.

Astley316
08-24-2005, 03:50 PM
I stopped watching wrestling some point last year, i dont remember when, it was a couple of months didnt watch raw or order ppvs, but i was still a wrestling fan, i came on here read the spoilers and kept in, ill always be a fan, but i dont care if i miss a perticular show, so i dont think i could ever stop watching wrestling permantly

Jaton
08-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Death of Kurt Angle. :|

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Me too, actually.

Destor
08-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Nothing, there will always be good wrestling out there somewhere, oh yeah, if I were dead.

loopydate
08-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Someone would need to do away with all the current promotions, then delete all past materials ('cause if all the promotions shut down, I'd still have my years' worth of tapes), and forbid any future wrestling promotions.

Shadow
08-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Death...

EazyMack
08-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Sexual content. I haven't watched in over a year, soley because of that. I would love to be watching right now, but I don't wish to support such shows any longer.

Kane Knight
08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Basically, they need to stop entertaining me, or move me to the point where I feel the negative is more overwhelming than the positive. I'm not sure what specifically it would take (Doubt it'd be a Masters Title Reign, though, I'm used to garbage at the top).

Stickman
08-24-2005, 06:28 PM
No more HBK, Jericho, or as much as I hate to say it, HHH. Seriously, if those guys aren't around what do they have? I haven't followed Smackdown in about a year and haven't watched a PPV since Hulk vs The Rock at Wrestlemania. There really aren't any stars being made. I think the problem I have is that all the new "superstars" that they're trying to make are so young and so inexperienced that it shows in the ring and on the mic that it's just not entertaining.

Kane Knight
08-24-2005, 06:40 PM
No more HBK, Jericho, or as much as I hate to say it, HHH. Seriously, if those guys aren't around what do they have?

Kurt Angle
John Cena
Rob Van Dam
Carlito

Eddie
Rey Mysterio
Benoit
Christian.

Nope. Nobody on either show.

ThruTheWire
08-24-2005, 07:15 PM

Something new would be the best thing ever... fuck all the "staple" champions.

Aussie Skier
08-24-2005, 08:04 PM
I haven't seen a raw or smackdown in about 6 months. The reason, I don't have access to cable/pay TV.

However, I do watch alot of the pay per views...so i'm not completely closed off from wrestling

KayfabeMan
08-24-2005, 08:24 PM
WWE.

I stopped watching on a regular basis a few years back. I watch periodically, when I hear someone I want to see is going to be on (like the Jannetty appearances, etc.). To me, I watched for so long, and at times when wrestling was at such a high, that just about everything now pales in comparison. I was basically spoiled, by getting to watch excellent stuff for so long.

Before then, I had purchased EVERY ppv from WCW and WWE, and ECW when they ran - in addition to the specials, like JHW and stuff. When WCW closed, that is when my interest started to go downhill. After the mishandling of the Invasion, and shit like Katie Vick, etc. that's when I really tuned out from it.

Most of the guys I do enjoy are gone from WWE - and the ones who are there (guys like Booker, Jericho, and a few others) don't get used right anyway. It's better to have watched them when they were in their prime, having good matches - instead of watching them job to shit.

If I wanted to watch poor writing, shitty angles, half-assed fighting (for about 5 mins. out of the entire program) and a bunch of young guys with no / next to no talent - it would be easier to watch Springer in the AM, instead of killing 2 hours at night.

Kane Knight
08-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Something new would be the best thing ever... fuck all the "staple" champions.

Yeah, staples like Cena and Batista, who are commonly in the title scene. ;)

Favre4Ever
08-25-2005, 01:49 AM
A better question would be " What would it take for you to stop watching WWE anymore?" because its not only WWE tv that decides my status as a wrestling fan.

And to answer your question, it would take Rikishi vs. Viscera in a 60-minute unclothed mud wrestling match to make me stop watching wrestling.

Dave Youell
08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
I very much dount there's anything that would make me stop watching wrestling all together, RAW/Smackdown perhaps, but i've been enjoying it alot more recently than I have for a while.

The MAC
08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
an angle involving Flairs man boobs, shawns bald spot, calito's hair, and vicera.

Evil Vito
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I have to say, outside of WrestleMania 20 and 21 (the only PPVs I've bought since my box started crapping out on me in 2001), I don't think I've actually sat down and WATCHED a full wrestling show....I haven't really paid a terrible amount of attention to wrestling since mid-to-late 2002......I'm tuned in every show, but half the time I'm doing something else and just listening to the commentary in the background.....there's no real reason for it, except maybe I'm "growing out of it" a little and am becoming disinterested

I very much doubt that anything could stop me from watching entirely though...and I still plan on watching every TV show I can</font>

Chavo Classic
08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
True. There's a difference in the definition of 'watching wrestling' now than 3 years again, for me at least.

3 years ago it got my full, undivided attention. Now its on in the background or something to watch when i'm bored or there's no CSI, Lost or Family Guy on the telly-box

Kane Knight
08-25-2005, 11:56 AM
an angle involving Flairs man boobs, shawns bald spot, calito's hair, and vicera.

But enough about the new Four Horsemen.

Team Sheep
08-25-2005, 01:00 PM
Probably if Sky lost the rights to WWE programming and it wasn't on TV anymore. But then again I'd probably just get it off Savior. :)

Stickman
08-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Kurt Angle
John Cena
Rob Van Dam
Carlito

Eddie
Rey Mysterio
Benoit
Christian.

Nope. Nobody on either show.

I don't disagree with the ability of those guys. I can't stand Carlito, and John Cena is starting to grow on me. I would not tune into a PPV to watch Headliner Rey Mysterio. Benoit is a god in the ring (I hate the flying headbutt) but you still need a story line and charisma. Eddie and Christian can be pretty damn entertaining sometimes.
My point is, nobody captures my attention like HBK, HHH, Y2J. Their music hits and I stay tuned, RVD's music and I'll stay as long as he's not in a jobbing faze. Other than that I may start to channel surf.
There's a lot of young guys on both shows who have yet to grab the bull by the horns, thus I'm uninterested.

Maybe I'm just growing out of this stuff, I have been watching for the last 18 years.

Joey Slugs
08-25-2005, 01:09 PM

WCW already put the belt on David Arquette. Masters would be an improvement.

vampiro03
08-25-2005, 08:18 PM
WCW already put the belt on David Arquette. Masters would be an improvement.

don't forget vince was also the champion

Angelina2K
08-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Death...

roach21
08-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Eugene achieving HHH type inluence and tv time or a diva search segment featuring Mae Young.