PDA

View Full Version : One of the Best Promos I've Seen

Loose Cannon
08-26-2005, 12:16 AM
I was just watching the Jake/Savage match from Tuesday in Texas and it was the first time I've seen it since it aired. First of all, the match was such an awesome match with a ton of heat from the crowd. You could feel the energy in the place as they were calling for Savage to kill Roberts.

Great booking in the end with Roberts catching Savage with two DDT's and then Roberts slapping Elizabeth as she was trying to protect Savage. Crowd went nuts.

Then Jake cuts one of the greatest promos I've ever seen. Some of the lines he uses and the way he delievers it was just something that couldn't be replicated. It was classic Jake, but this one I really liked.

Discuss your fav Jake promo if you want to. You can DL this match from Limewre like I did or maybe Lara or Zen have it.

Watson
08-26-2005, 12:22 AM
I always liked the Jake Roberts promo against Rick Martel for the Blindfold Match at Wrestlemania VII. I don't know if the promo was shown on PPV or not, it may have been a "Coliseum Video Exclusive". They showed it right after the recap of events leading up to the match. That was a great fucking promo. The way Jake just stares into the camera and speaks with a slow, deep voice. Fuckin' unbelievable. There's very few guys who can even come close to Jake when it comes to promos. He had an almost endless amount of charisma. Such a waste....................

Loose Cannon
08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
I hope they put a bunch of his promos on his DVD. Like have a promo before every match. And they probably will cause they did it for LOD.

Watson
08-26-2005, 12:27 AM
There's a Jake Robert's DVD coming out? Fuck yeah.

Loose Cannon
08-26-2005, 12:29 AM
YEA, 3 Disks I hear.

Watson
08-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Now that's cool.

Lara Emily
08-26-2005, 01:18 AM
Incidently yep I have that match. It has Savage's interview after Robert's too, and the pre-match roberts interview.

I halso have the one where Savage gets bit by Damian (I think so anyway). Fuck can't find it, I'm almost certain I had it too.

and one where after the match Roberts goes to blindside savage with a chair behind the curtain and UT pulls it from him.

Vastardikai
08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Favorite Jake and UT segment was Taker's face turn one.

Jake: Who's side are you on, anyway?

Undertaker: NOT YOURS!

The pop for those two words was just huge.

Seriously, I don't think the WWF could have truly survived without the likes of Jake Roberts and Micheal Hayes, who paved the way for the attitude of a Technical Wrestler who embraced his redneck roots and his dark side and became one of the biggest names in WWE History: Steve Austin. In fact, it was against Roberts that the term Austin 3:16 was coined.

I'd also say that Jake, along with Hacksaw, were perhaps as popular, if not more so, than Hogan at times. Personally, I'd still like to see Hacksaw in his prime vs. JBL.

Goulet
08-26-2005, 01:01 PM
my fav promo is WM6

"Well, well the million dollar man... ted dibiase. Here we are at Wrestlemania, and it's the biggest match of your career. Why? because everything you stand for is on the line. Namely the million dollar belt, oh yeah it can be yours once again, you see all you have to do to get it back hmm, is go through damien and me! But you see damien and i dont forget we remember all the times you made people grumble for your money, these were people far less fortunate than you, people that could use your money for essentials, and what did you do, you made fun of them, you humbled them and you humiliated them, well now it's my turn. I'm gonna make you beg dibiase. You are gonna get down on your hands and knees. This time you will be the one whose humbled, this time you will be the whose humiliated and this time you will be the one that grumbles for the money, and how appropriate, that the money you grumble for is your very own, a victim of your own greed wallowing in the muck of averus."

Fucking Genius!

redoneja
08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
my fav promo is WM6

"Well, well the million dollar man... ted dibiase. Here we are at Wrestlemania, and it's the biggest match of your career. Why? because everything you stand for is on the line. Namely the million dollar belt, oh yeah it can be yours once again, you see all you have to do to get it back hmm, is go through damien and me! But you see damien and i dont forget we remember all the times you made people grumble for your money, these were people far less fortunate than you, people that could use your money for essentials, and what did you do, you made fun of them, you humbled them and you humiliated them, well now it's my turn. I'm gonna make you beg dibiase. You are gonna get down on your hands and knees. This time you will be the one whose humbled, this time you will be the whose humiliated and this time you will be the one that grumbles for the money, and how appropriate, that the money you grumble for is your very own, a victim of your own greed wallowing in the muck of averus."

Fucking Genius!

That was a great promo, the way he delievered it. Too bad he didn't win the match. :-\\

Loose Cannon
08-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh BTW, remember I was talking about Mene Gene and the backstage announcers? Watch him in that promo. That's a perfect example.