PDA

View Full Version : Just out of curiosity...

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2005, 02:43 AM
How do you normally watch wrestling? By yourself in front of a computer as you post in one of the Raw threads right here at TPWW? Maybe a PPV with some buddies over a few beers at a Hooter's? Do you meet anywhere all the time to watch the shows?

It's pretty broad here, but I was just curious. Forgive the fact that I'm stoned, but I was just wondering what it would be like to actually sit down and watch some wrestling with some people here. I think Kane Knight would be interesting to watch with, but he'd probably be about the most annoying person ever. Nothing against Kane Knight, but that was the first name that popped into my head.

Take this thread wherever you want to.

Watson
08-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Stoned huh? Must be nice. I've been clean for almost 2 fucking months. Temporarily of course. Trying to find a decent job and a piss test is pretty much guaranteed. I miss Sweet Mary Jane.

But back to the subject at hand, I always watch RAW and Smackdown at home with my girlfriend. She doesn't like wrestling although I would have thought she'd have somewhat of an interest in it by now considering we've been together close to 3 years. I've tried to "smark her up" on what goes on but she doesn't give a rat's ass. I don't hang out with my "wrestling buddies" much anymore because they're always doing stupid shit that I've grown out of. I don't usually watch PPVs. IMO there not worth the money anymore, I just check out the live PBP coverage on WrestleZone.

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2005, 02:55 AM
I watch Raw with some fraternity brothers, and the same group will watch the brand exclusive pay per views at Hooter's usually. For the dual brand events, we'll order it at the house.

I watch Heat by myself, though.

Watson
08-29-2005, 03:05 AM
I never watch Heat or Velocity which I kind of regret know because I didn't get to see Frankie Kazarian work when he was in WWE.

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't get to watch Velocity because it's on Saturday nights, or some ridiculous time when I don't watch TV. Heat is pretty money, though.

Bad Company
08-29-2005, 03:09 AM
whenever I see it on TV I watch it, otherwise I just check the results.
My PC is in the lounge with the TV anyway.

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2005, 03:10 AM
It's a lot harder these days to get people to watch than it used to be. That's a crying shame.

Anybody Thrilla
08-29-2005, 03:11 AM
Get people to watch it with you, I mean.

ThruTheWire
08-29-2005, 03:39 AM
Get people to watch it with you, I mean.

It's near impossible. I haven't watched wrestling with anyone since... at least 2-3 Wrestlemania's ago.

KingofOldSchool
08-29-2005, 03:55 AM
I watch it alone, while posting...right here at TPWW.net!

*looks around, grins, and gives a thumbs up*

Funky Fly
08-29-2005, 04:03 AM
None of my friends are into wrestling, so usually alone. Also, I don't browse TPWW while watching.

Boondock Saint
08-29-2005, 04:25 AM
No one. None of my friends like it.

Sometimes I'll post here and watch, sometimes I'm too lazy to bring my laptop downstairs.

kinglacoste
08-29-2005, 05:18 AM
i miss 1996-1999

Dave Youell
08-29-2005, 05:32 AM
I watch it either alone or with a few workers I know

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
08-29-2005, 05:36 AM
I am at the computer, playing games, posting on message boards, reading, whatever. I certainly don't watch the whole 2 hours, if Masters comes on for example, I just stop watching for a while.

Chavo Classic
08-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Can I come round and watch it with you, Thrilla my buddy?

My girlfriend and I used to have big nights planned for PPVs. We'd go down the supermarket and buy chips (crisps), candy (sweets) and bacon (um... bacon) for the PPV. We'd bring the George Forman grill up to the bedroom so we could make BLTs without leaving the tv and just stuff ourselves.

She's normally have a nap between 10 and 12 so she'd have enough energy to stay up to 4am and watch the whole thing. I'd sit through velocity, heat and then the PPV taking in all the hype and build-up. We haven't done that since ONS though (and before that, No Way Out). Bless her, I'm not sure she even likes wrestling all that much. :D

gyps213
08-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Raw & Smackdown are watched while doing the normal 'net stuff - email, chat, etc. Luckily I have DVR, so it's usually recording. I only pay attention to about half the show when it's actually on, then go back later when I have time and watch the stuff I missed. I don't usually watch Velocity or Heat (unless there's a PPV following). The only person who watches with me is my daughter.
God, I sound lame, don't I?

Team Sheep
08-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I watched Summerslam and RAW with my only wrestling friend last week. That's probably the first time I've watched wrestling with someone for about 4 or 5 years. I'd rather watch it on my own to be honest, my mate talks through every segment and I can't hear what the fuck they're saying. :mad: I'm like "Shut the hell up and watch the show you bastard".

Kane Knight
08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
I used to watch it with large groups of people. These days, I can manage to get a group together for the big four and that's about it.

blake639raw
08-29-2005, 11:39 AM
RAW and SD every single week. I usually try to tape Heat and Velocity, but I miss those on occasion.

Hired Hitman
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Sit on couch sometimes with a bowl of chips and a beer... sometimes with neither... uh... right. :-\

Gertner
08-29-2005, 01:13 PM
i watch Raw at work, Smackdown at my gf's house and Heat at work. I have a pretty boring job, so I pretty much watch t.v mon and sunday

Corporate Gr8 One
08-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Last time I watched with my friends was the day Mae Young gave birth to the infamous rubber hand. We were on the floor for days. There was no way that was to be topped. Good times.

Crashnburn
08-29-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm usually at work while Raw and Smackdown are airing so I DVR them and catch them the next day by myself. Since they are DVR'ed I do tend to watch about 2 hrs worth of "wrestling" in about 45 min to 1 hr. Just fast forwarding through the commercials, crap matches, and HHH promos. It's been awhile since I've gotten all my buddies together just for a Raw and/or Smackdown. We get together for the big four ppv's though.

Rob
08-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Pretty much watch any PPV's on my j's since my brother goes to his pal's house and and my sister doesn't care for wrestling anymore. I watch Raw on Sky+ and if I see anything worth watching on the Smackdown spoilers, I Sky+ that too. If it looks bad, I'll skip it. I download TNA but I'll be going out of my way to watch them on The Wrestling Channel even though the PPV's are weeks behind.

I watch UFC religiously.

Boondock Saint
08-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I want to start watching UFC but I can never find it on TV, ever. I don't mean the Spike reality show (although I want to get into that too), I mean actual fights. I assume they're televised. Is there not a weekly show or anything? I swear I've been channel surfing before and seen it on Fox Sports Net or ESPN or something.

cafctom
08-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I sit in bed and watch Raw (It's on at 2AM over here)

The Naitch
08-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Alone with my imaginary friend

Destor
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Everybody I know is into to wrestling in one way or another so I generally get a large group of people together and we watch wrestling. (Hell I live in Kentucky, its a regional fucking pass time down here)

RGWhat316
08-30-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm in this group of about 6 of us. We're always together for the ppvs. We used to go to Hooters for the ppv, but they stopped showing them in our area. So we go back to someone's house and split up the bill.

But we usually rotate houses to watch RAW/SmackDown. Sometimes I work Monday and Thursdays, so I'm not always involved. But if I'm off on Mondays, I've ditched them a couple times so I could be on the RAW thread.

V
08-31-2005, 07:48 AM
my sisters used to watch with me during the alliance days

now i barely even "watch" raw, my computer is opposite my tv, so i just do shit online while listening the show, only turning around when something interesting is happening

i don't even watch smackdown anymore, and have never watched heat or velocity

i watch payperviews for free with my 2 cousins at my uncle's house

Impact!
08-31-2005, 08:03 AM
You should watch Heat and Velocity, there the good shows.

Well at least they have been compared to some of the crap that's been on Raw and Smackdown.:p