PDA

View Full Version : Went to ROH the other day.

Fignuts
08-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Great show. If you have the oppurtunity to go, don't hesitate.

Some notes of interest:

It was a dragon gate invasion night at ring of honor. Dragon's Gate is the splinter federation of Ultimo Dragon's Toryumon gym.

One of the two international dream matchs of the night was slated to be Christopher Daniels v.s. Shingo Takagi. Shingo came out first, and then Daniel's music hit...but no christopher daniels. A ref came out and whispered something to the announcer. He then regretfully informed the audience that Christopher Daniels could not make it to the show. But then the ref told the announcer something else, and he gasped "he's here?! Now?" Out comes CURRY MAN! The crowd went absolutly nuts. He ended up getting the win over shingo with the Curry drop.

Samoa Joe lost the ROH pure title to Nigel Mcguiness. That was suprising.

Christopher Daniels came out to apologize for being late. Curry man left just as he was arriving, so they missed eachother once again.

Ah, what I wouldn't give to see those two in the ring together.

The second dream match was A.J. Styles v.s. CIMA. If you don't know who CIMA is, then I am truly sorry for you. However the crowd definitly knew as they popped huge for him. Throughout the entire match there were deulling chants of "lets go A.J." and "Lets go CIMA". It was awesome. I think Cima was actually taken aback at all of it. I don't think he was expecting such a reaction from an american audience.

Final match was James Gibson v.s. Colt Cabana, which was good, but CIMA and A.J. stole the show.

Fignuts
08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh yeah, and CIMA won with a modified version of his LA MART pin, after a series of chain reversal near-fall pins. Good finish.

Vastardikai
08-31-2005, 11:31 AM
Curry Man vs. Christopher Daniels...

Dave Youell
08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
I have still yet to see CIMA :(

Fignuts
08-31-2005, 12:09 PM
http://dragongate.puroresufan.com/blood.html

Fignuts
08-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Having seen the Venus-Iconoclasm-Mad Splash combination at the show, I went home happy.

Chavo Classic
08-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Forget Kazarian, Christopher Daniels is the future.

As is Currrwwwwwwwwwwwy Mhhhhhhhangggggggg :shifty: