PDA

View Full Version : Why does "Ken Kennedy" have a job?

Jesus Of Suburbia
09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
better yet,
who the fuck cares (about ken kennedy)?

fixed.

Deceit
09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Mr. Kennedy is the fuckin man :y:

Jaton
09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Apparently you.

Schoenauer
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Ken Kennedy = entertaining.

Deceit
09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
yep, he's got a ton of charisma for sure

redoneja
09-01-2005, 09:10 PM
But he's no Paul Birchill

The Answer
09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Kennedy is great. He's a hybrid of Bad ass Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg...

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 09:16 PM
You care if you're posting?

TerranRich
09-01-2005, 09:33 PM
better yet,

fixed.
Oh, and I suppose you'd rather see Chris Masters and Hulk Hogan, right? :roll:

RemyRed
09-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Ken Kennedy isn't fit to wash Hogan's or Masters' boots.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Desperate times call for shitty wrestlers.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 09:38 PM
better yet,

fixed.

You still obviously care, even with the "fix."

KingofOldSchool
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Kennedy is great. He's a hybrid of Bad ass Billy Gunn and the Road Dogg...

I was thinking the same thing too.

Destor
09-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Ken Kennedy is the man, its just that simple.

Joey Slugs
09-01-2005, 10:48 PM
That's "Mr. Kennedy" to you junior.

And he's my new favorite wrestler.

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 10:50 PM
I can't believe people saying this sack of shit is good.

You guys have lower standards than Britney Spears.

Or Kevin Federline, depending on how you look at it.

loopydate
09-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I can't believe people saying this sack of shit is good.

You guys have lower standards than Britney Spears.

Or Kevin Federline, depending on how you look at it.

Hey, if he has a gimmick that isn't tasteless, has charisma, and manages to not cripple someone in his debut match, he's all right in our book.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 11:12 PM
"Mr. Kennedy"

...Kennedy...

mitch_h
09-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Was it his debut match tonight... I haven't watched WWE television in ages. But from what I saw he is pretty fucking terrible... his finisher is equally as awful.

Kane Knight
09-01-2005, 11:16 PM
HE's wrestled once on Smackdown before, and a couple of times on Velocity.

Loose Cannon
09-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I still have yet to see him. I thought tonight was Wed. until 9:45 :nono:

The Greater Power
09-01-2005, 11:22 PM
His hometown is 20 minutes away from mine.......so I gotta love the Hometown Boy!

BTW, his finisher kicks major ass.

Gertner
09-01-2005, 11:25 PM
his finisher is great

Aussie Skier
09-01-2005, 11:50 PM
hmmm, just saw a bit of him then...

unreal finisher...would like 2 c him do it 2 the big show tho :D

KayfabeMan
09-01-2005, 11:55 PM
If this were 1985, I'd like Ken Kennedy....

to be punched in the face by Andre the Giant.

Repeatedly.

Mayo
09-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah his finisher looks pretty cool actually, and he looks smooth on the mic so I'm all for him.

Maybe he says Kennedy twice so that his initials represent his true sentiments :shifty:

Danny Electric
09-02-2005, 12:00 AM
Anyone got any videos of him doing a promo or wrestling beause I have no real access to WWE shows.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah his finisher looks pretty cool actually, and he looks smooth on the mic so I'm all for him.

Maybe he says Kennedy twice so that his initials represent his true sentiments :shifty:

:shifty:

Corkscrewed
09-02-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm on the Kennedy bandwagon. Two weeks, he's thoroughly entertained me. His wrestling skills are good enough, and it really looks like he's not being allowed his full moveset. But he does a lot of good little things in selling and promo'ing that I like, and his micwork is pretty good.

My opinion anyway.

Deceit
09-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Ken Kennedy is going to be a major player in the WWE for sure.

Watson
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Desperate times call for shitty wrestlers.

LOL Yep. :y:

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm on the Kennedy bandwagon. Two weeks, he's thoroughly entertained me. His wrestling skills are good enough, and it really looks like he's not being allowed his full moveset. But he does a lot of good little things in selling and promo'ing that I like, and his micwork is pretty good.

My opinion anyway.

My take:

His mic skills aren't Rocky-level. His ring skills aren't Benoit-level. His look isn't super impressive.

However, he does the promoing well, at least as good as Road Dog used to. He's entertaining, and he's got that level of Charisma that makes me give a shit. He's solid in the ring, though he could probably be better. He's got a good finisher, and he's an overal VERY solid package. I don't particularly see the WHT in his future, but not everyone needs to acheive that.

I'm not on the bandwagon, but I do think he's solid. Hell, I even rewound the tape so my buddy Bill could see his full introduction promo.

The WORST I can see him doing is being an also-ran. HE might prove to even be a sleeper star, who develops into something seriously awesome, though I'm not gonna start worshipping him yet.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 01:32 AM
On top of that, you compare him to the utter shit of Chris Masters, and the utter camp of the Boogeyman, and the utter faggitude of Cade and his husband, and even a smoking pile of shit would look good.

darkpower
09-02-2005, 01:55 AM
On top of that, you compare him to the utter shit of Chris Masters, and the utter camp of the Boogeyman, and the utter faggitude of Cade and his husband, and even a smoking pile of shit would look good.

And on that note...I'm should admit that I've been getting more and more into Heidenrich lately. :shifty:

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Heidenreich doesn't smoke. :wtf:

darkpower
09-02-2005, 02:00 AM
In my mind, they are handling him quite well. They could've botched the living FUCK out of it, but they are doing rather well with him.

His finisher is something that is believable in the sense that you know it hurts, and he is with some solid in-ring charisma. But he doesn't have a set feud just yet. That will be the first major task for Mr. Kennedy (...Kennedy). His ripping on Tony Chimel is rather funny (I've rarely seen Chimel be able to work with a wrestler that way), though he needs someone that can help get him over in a big way. Thankfully, SmackDown has some of those people that can do it for him.

Though I'm not on the Kennedy bandwagon myself just yet, I'm tail-ending the wagon (I would've said I was riding up the wagon's ass instead of tail-ending, but that wouldn't of sounded right).

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 02:00 AM
I actually like Heidenreich, BTW. I don't know what it is, but it's like a train wreck sensation.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 02:01 AM
So instead of riding its ass, you're rear ending it. :wtf:

Hired Hitman
09-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Mr. Kennedy..... Kennedy.

darkpower
09-02-2005, 02:02 AM
I actually like Heidenreich, BTW. I don't know what it is, but it's like a train wreck sensation.

When Heidy was starting to make "friends" around Judgment Day or whatever he started doing that, it got just plain horrible. Now that he is with Animal, he seems to be getting better (must be that "legend" factor there that Animal is rubbing off on Heidy).

darkpower
09-02-2005, 02:04 AM
So instead of riding its ass, you're rear ending it. :wtf:

Actually, I would be....uhhh...

On second thought....I'd rather not try to top it. :o

Chavo Classic
09-02-2005, 05:40 AM
Is it just me but is it much to early to judge Kennedy. He's had a handfull of televised matches and people are already predicting his demise. Give him a chance. It's really cynical that posters here take one look and judge... look at Burchill; with a little bit of research using the video clips from the FWA website, the people who would have normally took one look at him and said 'hoss' are jumping on the bandwagon with people who know Burchill and what he's down in the FWA, like Dave Youell and myself.

side note - when I first read Ken Kennedy in the spoilers, I thought they'd signed Simon Diamond.

Boondock Saint
09-02-2005, 06:55 AM
Still haven't seen the guy. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 07:27 AM
I personally LOVE Ken Kennedy.

When I saw Ken Anderson was doing his own introduction on Velocity listed in the spoilers, I petty much yawned. When the time came for Velocity, I MARKED THE FUCK OUT FOR THE GREATNESS THAT IS NOW KNOWN AS KEN KENNEDY!

Seriously, the guy is smooth in the ring, his matches on Velocity showed as that. I'll admit it, I wasn't AS interesting in him in his match with Booker, but it was his first ever toned down regular length match, and I think he did alright. His roundhouse kick thing was awesome. I'm begging the WWE to let this guy go, and show us his talents to their fullest. This guy apparently impressed both Jim Cornette and Paul Heyman, so he's obviously got something special.

Check out his videos one WWE.com for his promos and finisher (The Green Bay Plunge, best finisher in a while, I preferred the "Kenton Bomb" name, though). I love the way he introduced the jobber in the first video.

Did anyone else catch that interview he did on wwe.com? Good stuff that. He talked about how he wrestled on the independants, and told an interesting little story about how he told everyone in the area about his debut match. The show prior to his debut drew about 150 people (I think), the show where he made his debut had around 445 in attendence. Or something like that. He also got the biggest pop of the night. I can easily see Ken Kennedy playing a character where he always exaggerates his point by giving details, etc. I don't know what purpose it would serve, but I can see him doing something like that in a few promos.

Anyway, Kennedy isn't awful, I really don't know when or how people came to this conclusion. I would LOVE to see a Ken Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit feud for the WWE United States Championship.

Gertner
09-02-2005, 08:42 AM
At least it's something different for a change

Hired Hitman
09-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Mr. Kennedy..... Kennedy

FourFifty
09-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Frankly I'd like to see him team up with Simon Dean as a user of the Simon System, that'll get him over.

[out dated rant]Albeit the Dudley boyz, Charlie Hass and Maven are all out of a job, let's bring a new guy in, yeah, that'll be fuckin' great! Why does he have a job but Hass doesn't!!!![/out dated rant]

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 11:19 AM
When Heidy was starting to make "friends" around Judgment Day or whatever he started doing that, it got just plain horrible. Now that he is with Animal, he seems to be getting better (must be that "legend" factor there that Animal is rubbing off on Heidy).

Come on, the friends and bad poetry was awesome. I was waiting for the CNN news break that he'd been caught backstage with his pants down and one of his "friends" on his lap.

Mr. Nerfect
09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Come on, the friends and bad poetry was awesome. I was waiting for the CNN news break that he'd been caught backstage with his pants down and one of his "friends" on his lap.

To be honest, I think that would be a good character for Heidenreich. He acts differently around different people, and can't control his actions. Around someone, he may be a tough, innocent babyface, around another person he might be a psychotic rapist-type character. They've got nothing to lose.

Kane Knight
09-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Misterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Kennedy...

His match this week looks pretty solid, his promo beforehand amused me...I don't get the problem.

Pepsi Man
09-03-2005, 12:20 AM
I like his finisher, to be honest, although I'm not too sure I'm such a big fan of anything else he does. The announcing bit's growing on me, though. :o

Corkscrewed
09-03-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, for a rookie, he's doing quite well. Granted, he'll need to improve over time, but he's one of the better rookies (up there with Carlito, Hassan, for example) of late.