PDA

View Full Version : Coheed and Cambria: Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV

mitchables
09-07-2005, 12:11 AM
...Volume I: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness :$ (The title box isn't long enough for the whole thing, haha)

I finished downloading this CD this morning, and HOLY FUCK it is beautiful. It is a really, really, good effort from the guys in Coheed. I love The Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, and this CD is no disappointment. Coheed's metal leanings are still prominent, with their crazy squeals and riffs, and the whole CD is a massive epic. The first song is a 2-and-a-half-minute entirely instrumental (piano and strings) medley of their other opening 'theme' songs on the previous CDs. It is gorgeous. The last four tracks are all longer than 7 minutes. It is just like listening to a massive rock opera. SENSATIONAL.

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV - Volume I: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness torrent (http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=397700)

Getitgetitgetitgetitgetitgetitgetitgetitgetit. :'( :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lotus
09-07-2005, 12:40 AM
One of their CD covers caught my eye. It looked pretty tight :y: Then Silent played me some music of theirs. I think it was pretty decent by my recollection. :y:

Bad Company
09-07-2005, 02:41 AM
downloading now :D

Silent
09-07-2005, 03:23 AM
Going to dl while I sleep, takes too much bandwidth with Nova Torrent

Looking for boobies.
09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
A mate promised me this. If I don't hear from him, I might have to get the torrent. :D

Ry
09-08-2005, 10:33 PM
The new Co&Ca is great, I was worried that it'd dissapoint but it's Coheed brought the goods with the IV record.

mitchables
09-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Certainly did. When I first heard 'Welcome Home', I was worried about the metal-levels that the album would hold, but it turned out just fine, and I love this CD. Probably more than In Keeping Secrets.... :o

There is something hilarious about the way Claudio sings the word "you" on this album. :$ But I LOVE IT.

BabyHugger
09-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Yea it rules. Good job by Coheed.

Looking for boobies.
09-16-2005, 10:39 PM
THE SUFFERING........... is a brilliant song.

This cd is fucking great.

mitchables
09-17-2005, 01:31 AM
YES. Did you notice the chorus melody in "The Suffering" is the same as the outro melody in "Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)"? ;)

GREAT song. :love: :love:

Looking for boobies.
09-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Ahaha, it is too... I never noticed that. :D

Ry
09-17-2005, 11:35 PM
I just love that during Willing Well 3 they go into Blood Red Summer for a second or two.

mitchables
09-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Haha, yeah, I noticed that too. In the secret track on "In Keeping Secrets...", they break into the Time Consumer riff. :D

Looking for boobies.
11-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Just listened to this cd again. I can't get enough of it.

mitchables
11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
It is amazing. There is not a track on the CD I don't like. Willing Well III is my current favourite though. It is fucking spectacular. :love:

Looking for boobies.
11-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Coincidently I'm currently listening to that song now. Well I was.

I was watching their videos: Blood Red Summer, A Favor House Atlantic, Welcome Home & The Suffering. ALL wonderful videos to go well with the awesome songs. :D

Silent
11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Haha, yeah, I noticed that too. In the secret track on "In Keeping Secrets...", they break into the Time Consumer riff. :D

I always thought that was really cool because Time Consumer is my favorite song by them.