PDA

View Full Version : Start Marking out for Masters.

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Don't think about it, just fucking do it. They won't keep him in the main event if he gets a response. The WWE is so deadset against the fans that they seem damn determined to keep pushing who they want. The worse the reception, the more adamant they get. So let's just cheer like he was Jesus, Bret Hart, and Kurt Angle rolled into one. Think of it like "paying your dues."

Don't you want to be a team player?

:shifty:

Jaton
09-13-2005, 02:58 AM
This would be the one case where they go off of fan reactions. So then we'd see him with the WWE title headlining 22 consecutive PPVs, jobbing everyone with the masterlock.

Bad idea. :(

Eunos
09-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Well if this is how it works then let's just not give any crowd reaction to Christian (Except for in our heads or Something). Maybe then they will push him to the moon.

RP
09-13-2005, 05:23 AM
I just stopped watching Raw period. Worked well for me.

RP
09-13-2005, 05:30 AM
The better show is Smackdown now. Cena is horrible. Tomko in main event scene? Rosie and Jamal or 3 minutes or Hurricane , Seriously who gives a fuck. They are all horrible and somehow they got the tag titles. Sprinkle in Carlitos Cabana which is boring and not funny and pretty nauseating, appearences by Vicera, Val Penis, and the Conman ( which everyone knows these 3 will never ever ever ever ever even see a title match ), and shitty womens wrestling. Gift wrapped in lame Lawler jokes,horrible commentating from Ross and Coach and the Mastercock challenge. I rather not watch TV. Its really insulting that WWE puts that peice of crap on TV.

Favre4Ever
09-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Haha, Masters winning the title at Wrestlemania 22 with the masterlock......puke. I can't believe I just used Masters, Wrestlemania, and title all in the same sentence.

Favre4Ever
09-13-2005, 06:40 AM
and winning.

Hired Hitman
09-13-2005, 07:03 AM
I'll take one for the team.

Xero
09-13-2005, 07:26 AM
So should we stop giving guys like Carlito and Christian any reaction? Because by that logic, it would put them in the main event scene.

RP
09-13-2005, 07:31 AM
I'm too lazy to make a topic about this so i'll post it here.

Orlando Jordan :lol:

SuperSlim
09-13-2005, 08:25 AM
hmmm the less reaction they get the higher they go. The more reaction they get, apparantlt the more talent they have and the more they have the further down the totem pole they go.

MASTERS! :D

Disturbed316
09-13-2005, 09:20 AM
I already do :D

Pinnacle Charisma
09-13-2005, 09:38 AM
No

Mike the Metal Ed
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
I mark out for Masters anyway. :(

JH
09-13-2005, 10:03 AM
then we all need to stop giving ken kennedy a reaction cause this guy is fucking gold

did anybody see the smackdown recap where they were showing everything of kennedy during raw last night

oh and rectal pertruder(that sounds wrong typing your name lol) you're not the only one who is giving up on raw.i kept switching to the falcons game to watch mike vick instead and thats coming from a huge cena fan

DarkAngel
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
i already like him >_<

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 10:21 AM
So should we stop giving guys like Carlito and Christian any reaction? Because by that logic, it would put them in the main event scene.

It's that or look at another shitty orton babyface turn. ;)

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 10:23 AM
hmmm the less reaction they get the higher they go. The more reaction they get, apparantlt the more talent they have and the more they have the further down the totem pole they go.

MASTERS! :D

It's the only reason a midcarder with poor fan reaction is being elevated (Edge) to a main eventer with nearly none. :D

Pinnacle Charisma
09-13-2005, 10:32 AM
It's the only reason a midcarder with poor fan reaction is being elevated (Edge) to a main eventer with nearly none. :D

Edge got some fan reaction untill he got with lita.

But is Edge a main eventer?

CC has gotten more title shots in the last few months. Do people consider him to a main eventer?

Destor
09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I already do :D

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Chris Masters > Kane Knight

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Edge got some fan reaction untill he got with lita.

But is Edge a main eventer?

CC has gotten more title shots in the last few months. Do people consider him to a main eventer?

They were very much pushing him into the main event right up until Matt got fired. MitB? Gold Rush Tournie?

He's been an upper-midcarder for a long time, above Carlito anyway, and has been pushed towards the next "level"

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Chris Masters > Kane Knight

Hell, I could get a better reaction than Masters. :cool:

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2005, 11:05 AM

I don't see the gimmick of a guy who just goes around talking about how all the other wrestlers suck getting over very well.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2005, 11:06 AM
You could even carry around a laptop as an item of flare.

Mayo
09-13-2005, 11:31 AM
Masters is only 22 years old. Let the guy develop and learn the fine details of wrestling and he should be pretty good. Yeah, he probably shouldn't be pushed yet and he should probably be in OVW, but see if he can roll with the ball. If not, then you haters will be happy anyways :p

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't see the gimmick of a guy who just goes around talking about how all the other wrestlers suck getting over very well.

OH SHANP! The fanboy gets defensive.

IT wouldn't need to go over well...That's the POINT.

Anybody Thrilla
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
If that came off as defensive, I guess I just didn't word it very well. It was more of an unfunny joke than anything.

ThruTheWire
09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
If that came off as defensive, I guess I just didn't word it very well. It was more of an unfunny joke than anything.

I thought it was funny... Master's is the man, everyone needs to get off his nuts.

SuperSlim
09-13-2005, 02:27 PM
as roided as he is it would be surprising if he had any

Londoner
09-13-2005, 02:31 PM

Yeah but then you would be the one jobbing to guys like Val Venis.

Nervous Ferret
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
hes not that bad

Destor
09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Masters or KK?

Corkscrewed
09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Masters is only 22 years old. Let the guy develop and learn the fine details of wrestling and he should be pretty good. Yeah, he probably shouldn't be pushed yet and he should probably be in OVW, but see if he can roll with the ball. If not, then you haters will be happy anyways :p
HBK said he's 24. :-\

Schoenauer
09-13-2005, 04:22 PM
No, HBK said he was 22. Flair said he was 24. Did Lita tell Flair to botch it?

Mayo
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard JR say he was 22 :-\

SuperSlim
09-13-2005, 11:14 PM
yeah he's 22

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 11:16 PM
Yeah but then you would be the one jobbing to guys like Val Venis.

Hey, I'd still have more viewers than TNA.

Kane Knight
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
I thought it was funny... Master's is the man, everyone needs to get off his nuts.

Yes, people need to get off his nuts.

(Like, you know, being a huge mark for a guy who's done nothing and bores fans? Naw, that wouldn't be the pot calling the kettle black)

Ol Dirty Dastard
09-13-2005, 11:43 PM
No, HBK said he was 22. Flair said he was 24. Did Lita tell Flair to botch it?

:lol:

OH WAIT THAT'S NOT FUNNY

Shut the fuck up.

Anybody Thrilla
09-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Yes, people need to get off his nuts.

(Like, you know, being a huge mark for a guy who's done nothing and bores fans? Naw, that wouldn't be the pot calling the kettle black)

Were you a Muhammad Hussan fan at all?

Kane Knight
09-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Were you a Muhammad Hussan fan at all?

You mean the guy who could get a fan reaction simply by saying "Judge me by my talent, not by my race?"

The guy who got a crowd reaction instantaneously and kept it going?

That really sounds like he did nothing and was boring the fans. :y:

Good argument. I can see how you'd compare Hassan's "dead crowd" to the massive entertainment value of Masters. :lol:

Destor
09-14-2005, 11:16 AM
I am a Hassan fan. Now that I have got that out of the way, racism is the easiest things to get heat from. Its cheap heat. We have a stable where I work and all the crappy wrestlers get put into because they couldn't get heat otherwise. The are the Canadians. They go out and say America sux blah blah, and the crowd jumps their ass, anyone could get over with that gimmick. Hassan took a slightly different approach to the gimmick but its still the same.

Kane Knight
09-14-2005, 12:23 PM
I am a Hassan fan. Now that I have got that out of the way, racism is the easiest things to get heat from. Its cheap heat. We have a stable where I work and all the crappy wrestlers get put into because they couldn't get heat otherwise. The are the Canadians. They go out and say America sux blah blah, and the crowd jumps their ass, anyone could get over with that gimmick. Hassan took a slightly different approach to the gimmick but its still the same.

Masters' gimmick, however, comes from one of the oldest and most standard forms of heel heat, and he can't garner ANY. The fact that Hassan could not only get a reaction, but even some positive reaction out of racism speaks higher for him than a lack of reaction from another pretty damn easy form of heat. :)

And honestly, it's not like Hassan got the same level of heat as, say, La Res.

Destor
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
You've got a point, I was only saying its not like Hassan did anything that had not been done before. Monday Masters was finally getting some heat. I see things changing for Masters in terms of crowd response.

Kane Knight
09-14-2005, 01:01 PM
You've got a point, I was only saying its not like Hassan did anything that had not been done before. Monday Masters was finally getting some heat. I see things changing for Masters in terms of crowd response.

Sounded like X-Pac heat to me...:| I don't know what there's a real change from dead crowd to "get off my TV!"

Anyway, Hassan DIDN'T do anything revolutionary, but how many of the gimmicks are really new? Most of them are repackages (Masters is a blatant example). Which brings me back to "so what?" What is the point of mentioning that it had been done before? Masters has been done before (Even done by Jindrak not too long ago) as well, so I'm missing where the part where this makes a difference in the argument is. He still got a reaction, still got a strong response whereas Masters couldn't. Hassan had solid Mic skills, Masters does not. Hassan, while he did not do anything spectacular, proved himself to be a solid (albeit unproven) wrestler. Masters is not. Whether he's green or he's crap, he shouldn't be on TV, and it shows.

Dave Batista has a very generic gimmick, and even in his early days he garnered a crowd response. I'm not talking last week, or last month, but in his debut period. Hardcore Holly has NO gimmick, and he's gotten himself over with the crowd. Scotty 2 hotty is a jobber, he gets over with the crowd.

Destor
09-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I thought you were wanting me to mark out for Masters? Seriously though your probably right, He may never get over. Its certainly possible. But the guy is young and green so you never know I guess.

Kane Knight
09-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I thought you were wanting me to mark out for Masters? Seriously though your probably right, He may never get over. Its certainly possible. But the guy is young and green so you never know I guess.

I DO want you to mark out for masters. The sooner we pop, the sooner we get this useless fuck off TV.

I can, hwoever, argue the notion that he is worthless while still encourage people to take one for the team. And when someone uses that kind of bad analogy...

Destor
09-14-2005, 01:16 PM
I love Chris Masters :D

Anybody Thrilla
09-14-2005, 03:30 PM
You mean the guy who could get a fan reaction simply by saying "Judge me by my talent, not by my race?"

The guy who got a crowd reaction instantaneously and kept it going?

That really sounds like he did nothing and was boring the fans. :y:

Good argument. I can see how you'd compare Hassan's "dead crowd" to the massive entertainment value of Masters. :lol:

What is fan reaction really? I don't really care that people don't seem to like Masters. I do. And that's good enough for me.

But in terms of actually "doing" things in terms of the wrestling world, Masters and Hassan did about the same.

Londoner
09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
'What is fan reaction?' Errr..the reaction a wrestler gets from the crowd maybe?

Londoner
09-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Sounded like X-Pac heat to me...:| I don't know what there's a real change from dead crowd to "get off my TV!"

Anyway, Hassan DIDN'T do anything revolutionary, but how many of the gimmicks are really new? Most of them are repackages (Masters is a blatant example). Which brings me back to "so what?" What is the point of mentioning that it had been done before? Masters has been done before (Even done by Jindrak not too long ago) as well, so I'm missing where the part where this makes a difference in the argument is. He still got a reaction, still got a strong response whereas Masters couldn't. Hassan had solid Mic skills, Masters does not. Hassan, while he did not do anything spectacular, proved himself to be a solid (albeit unproven) wrestler. Masters is not. Whether he's green or he's crap, he shouldn't be on TV, and it shows.

Dave Batista has a very generic gimmick, and even in his early days he garnered a crowd response. I'm not talking last week, or last month, but in his debut period. Hardcore Holly has NO gimmick, and he's gotten himself over with the crowd. Scotty 2 hotty is a jobber, he gets over with the crowd.

Well said, i'm tired of people saying 'oh this sucks because its not a new gimmick!' when there's only a limited amount of gimmicks out there. It's down to the wrestler to pull the gimmick off, it doesn't matter if its repackaged. Look at JBL, for an example.

Anybody Thrilla
09-15-2005, 04:52 AM
'What is fan reaction?' Errr..the reaction a wrestler gets from the crowd maybe?

Thanks Mr. Wizard, but what I meant is what is fan reaction in terms of what it has to do with a viewer being a fan of a wrestler. What he was saying was sorta similar to saying that something is only good if everybody loves it. Kane Knight shouldn't be thinking like THAT...he's a homosexual.

Kane Knight
09-15-2005, 10:26 AM
What is fan reaction really? I don't really care that people don't seem to like Masters. I do. And that's good enough for me.

But in terms of actually "doing" things in terms of the wrestling world, Masters and Hassan did about the same.

Except Hassan did it without being sloppy or boring or getting dead crowds.

Oh wiat, that's a LOT.

Kane Knight
09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Thanks Mr. Wizard, but what I meant is what is fan reaction in terms of what it has to do with a viewer being a fan of a wrestler. What he was saying was sorta similar to saying that something is only good if everybody loves it. Kane Knight shouldn't be thinking like THAT...he's a homosexual.
Oh cry me a river.

You asked if I was a fan of Hassan when I said "bores fans."

I replied that yes, he did get a crowd reaction, even a positive response from people. Now you're like "WAAAA! It's all opinion!"

:)

You tried to make a comeback based on the notion that he doesn't bore you, and tried to use a more popular character (HAted or not, he got the reaction, which Masters failed to do) to try for a comeback. If this was all about opinion, why did you try and come back at all? Why not simply admit you are in the minority, but you don't care?

Because you do.

Also, if you're watching Masters, and you're calling others gay, you definitely need to stop living in denial (or the closet).

And what is crowd reaction? It's a way to measure the popularity of a gimmick and wrestler. Hate to break it to you, but they deal in bulk. The WWE is an entertainment business that appeals to rather focused denominations. Having someone the crowd won't react to is bad, because it hurts ticket sales and ratings. All this whining about bullshit how "if it's not popular, it's not good!" You listen to more "popular" Music than I do...Think of the irony of you trying to cop out with this bullshit.

The difference is, the WWE isn't the record industry, they're a boy band. Or one of your faggot hip hoppers. They're not out to appeal to diverse demographics, they're out to get the mainstream fans. Hence Tuff Enuff or the Diva Searches. So...What's your point? Other than claiming my stance is "if it's not popular, it's bad (Which for the WWE, it is)?"

Kane Knight
09-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Well said, i'm tired of people saying 'oh this sucks because its not a new gimmick!' when there's only a limited amount of gimmicks out there. It's down to the wrestler to pull the gimmick off, it doesn't matter if its repackaged. Look at JBL, for an example.

Whether there are new gimmicks out there or not, they repackage a ton of gimmicks and only a few get picked out. Most of the new wrestlers have been given an old gimmick with, at best, a new spin. People conveniently forget this for gimmicks they like, then hide behind it for gimmicks they don't.

But I've gotten off the topic. Masters needs our pity responses.

Anybody Thrilla
09-15-2005, 04:10 PM
No, seriously, I thought you were gay. Not even kidding.

Nark Order
09-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I mark out for Masters anyway. :(

Yeah, I like him.