PDA

View Full Version : Germany 2006

BCWWF
09-21-2005, 03:38 PM
I know this is really early still, but what is the timeline of events as of now?

Like when do they draw the groups? I know it begins in June.

The main reason I ask is that I am still considering trying to spend a week in Germany this summer but I don't want to buy tickets for like Iceland and Austrailia or something. It looks like the cheapest seats are 45 euros. I dunno, there's not really any other time I would be able to do it.

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Drawing is going to be held in December.

The Mask
09-22-2005, 06:37 AM
i'd try and get in around the quarters and semi-final time. that way you don't have most of the shit teams, and you avoid the inevitable stinkfest which the final always is.

Rob Ban Fan
09-22-2005, 07:16 AM
<font face=verdana size=3 color="#ff6600">Iceland would probably be pretty awesome to go see.

Eidur Gudjohnsen, Joey Gudjonsson :cool:</font>

yianni
09-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Hopefully Greece and Australia will be there. Doubtful though. :'(

Wengerland
09-22-2005, 10:59 AM
WE HAVE JOY, WE HAVE FUN, WE HAVE JOEY GUDJONSSON :love:

European qualifiers finish in a few weeks, and then there's the play-offs but i'm not really sure when they're being done. 45 Euros isn't bad for a ticket though.

El Capitano Gatisto
09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
It's not particularly easy to get tickets, so picking and choosing (i.e. wait to the quarter finals) is a ridiculous suggestion.

Signing up to get tickets is a fucking nightmare. We tried earlier this year, no one could be arsed in the end. Me and a few mates will probably land out in Germany in June, travel around and try to scalp a few tickets here and there.

Dazz
09-22-2005, 11:39 AM
From my great experience of Germany in April, it's worth booking the flights already, even if you don't get tickets for any games, in would be a great summer away. Pubs are open till whenever the barmen get fed up, so they could potentially be open all night. The atmosphere is great and even fucking about in pubs during the day is a good crack.

Ogen
09-22-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm heading over with a couple of mates just going to line a tours pockets with money I expect

Cactus Sid
09-23-2005, 06:44 AM
It's not particularly easy to get tickets, so picking and choosing (i.e. wait to the quarter finals) is a ridiculous suggestion.

Signing up to get tickets is a fucking nightmare. We tried earlier this year, no one could be arsed in the end. Me and a few mates will probably land out in Germany in June, travel around and try to scalp a few tickets here and there.

Thats pretty much what has happened for me and my me mates, and what we're gonna do in the end.

If you get a game like the Czechs against someone shite, you could probably get tickets on the day, which is what I'm holding out for.