PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :'( Hassan is gone :'(

Disturbed316
09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
From WWE.com

According to John Laurinaitis, Vice President of Talent Relations for World Wrestling Entertainment, Mark Copani, a.k.a. Muhammad Hassan, and WWE have decided to go their separate ways.

Copani, who was last seen at The Great American Bash in late-July, had nothing but positive remarks about his WWE experience in recent phone interview.

“I have a great appreciation for WWE and the way they treated me,” said Copani. “Everybody took care of me even more than they ever had to. I have a great deal of gratitude for the McMahons, the people in the office and the boys in the locker room. I have absolutely no grievances in the way that everything played out. In fact, the split was very amicable. I just thought that it was in my best interest, as well as WWE’s best interest, for us to go our separate ways.”

With WWE now in his past, Copani is heading to Hollywood to pursue a career in acting. But does that mean WWE fans will never see the former Muhammad Hassan in a wrestling ring again?

“Wrestling is in my back pocket for now,” admitted Copani. “Luckily, the door was left open for a return if that is what I wish to do in the future. And if that’s something I wish to do, I know who to call.”

:'(

Joey Slugs
09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
and here i was hoping to see him in TNA.

this fucking sucks.

Destor
09-21-2005, 07:11 PM

Xero
09-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Fucking hell that sucks.

I hope he goes to TNA and tears 'The Man' apart.

How about instead of an Arab-American, he can be a WWE-TNAian? :shifty:

Seriously, I hope he gets work either in Hollywood or TNA...

ilt_undertaker
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
:mad:

Marcyo
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
:(

Xero
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
I hope it's a swerve. I hope in the last hour of Homecoming, Austin or one of the legends (who he could feud with and have a match with at WrestleMania) is in the ring cutting a promo, and out of no where...

ALYALAYAALAYAAALAAAAA!!!!!

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 07:21 PM
good for him. Wish him nothing but the best. Gonna miss the Muhammad Hassan character and it will be something that will always be remembered in wrestling. He left too soon, but made such an impact in that short time.

Xero
09-21-2005, 07:21 PM
http://hassanator.ytmnd.com/

We can only hope. :'(

Mike the Metal Ed
09-21-2005, 07:25 PM
shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit

Gone Mad
09-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Porque??! LC said it best, what a great character that was out at the wrong time. Imagine if events didn't happen, the man would have been such a star. I certainly wish the man luck in his future, which hopefully involves a WWE return or TNA. :'(

Now, one more for the road...

AYEAIAIALLLEALLALIYEAAAHHHEAAA!

Xero
09-21-2005, 07:34 PM
If the WWE had just pulled that fucking segment from SmackDown! the media wouldn't have known about it and Hassan would have headlined SummerSlam and would probably be somewhere in the semi main event right now.

G-wrath
09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Hassan's career has been Hassan'd

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 07:48 PM
He wouldn't of just been sem-main eventing, we would be seeing a new Champion right now.

G-wrath
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
So where does this leave Davari?

Jaton
09-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Wasn't it UPN's decision to go ahead with the segment?

Cool King
09-21-2005, 07:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That's the biggest piece of crap I have heard this year.

That really sucks.:mad:

But if he does come back ,then I think he should come back at the RAW Homecoming and say how the channel USA sucks and why the American people suck and so on.

PureHatred
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
If I was TNA I would pay whatever was necessary to get him to play a similar character on their debut show.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-21-2005, 08:02 PM
This thread just got Hassan'd.

My connection is greatness. My computer latley, is not. :'(

Zen v.W.o.
09-21-2005, 08:05 PM
He wouldnt be main eventing right now. This guy obviously isn't into the business as certain other guys..he doesnt have a passion for it otherwise he'd be working hard to stay in the biz. Therefore I think it is best to just replace him with someone anyways who does want to be in the business.

Never cared for him anyway.

Nark Order
09-21-2005, 08:20 PM
That's horrible.

Hopefully we'll see him in some movies later next year. I would mark out if he played a terrorist in an action film.

Savio
09-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Atleast they are on good terms.

Evil Vito
09-21-2005, 08:34 PM
<font color=goldenrod>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....fucking sucks....I hope nothing but the best for Hassan

Hopefully TNA will quickly sign him up and let him show up on the debut show (he won't be able to wrestle for 3 months because of the no-compete clause, but he can still appear)</font>

Savio
09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah that'd be awesome Deadly Heaven

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Wasn't it UPN's decision to go ahead with the segment?

The WWE and UPN both decided there wasn't enough time to edit. In the end, their decision to air it was theirs alone.

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM
He wouldnt be main eventing right now. This guy obviously isn't into the business as certain other guys..he doesnt have a passion for it otherwise he'd be working hard to stay in the biz. Therefore I think it is best to just replace him with someone anyways who does want to be in the business.

:lol:

If a guy performed on the mic like that with no passion for the business, we need more passionless people.

PureHatred
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM

I actually liked Hassan but this is an excellent point. WTf with going off to make movies? If I had my career screwd up by some bullshit sense of political correctness, I'd immediately be looking to make my mark in TNA. Can you imagine how over he would be if he showe dup in TNA wearing the get-up with a similar intro music? It would be nuts.

vampiro03
09-21-2005, 08:52 PM

that isn't true. it was wwe/upn/media that decided the charecter was too terrorist-like. he had a charisma like I haven't seen in a long time. the wwe sucks monkey balls right now:rant: ! McMahon is getting too old and trying to work his way into heaven or somthing by LISTENING to the media instead of saying :foc:

loopydate
09-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I actually liked Hassan but this is an excellent point. WTf with going off to make movies? If I had my career screwd up by some bullshit sense of political correctness, I'd immediately be looking to make my mark in TNA. Can you imagine how over he would be if he showe dup in TNA wearing the get-up with a similar intro music? It would be nuts.

So would the lawsuit filed by WWE the next morning.

Jaton
09-21-2005, 10:26 PM
No, probably not. I don't seem to recall them trademarking ALLEYAHALLEYLLALAAYAL, or his attire. I could be wrong though.

TerranRich
09-21-2005, 10:27 PM
So would the lawsuit filed by WWE the next morning.
Mark Copani could play whatever he wanted, as long as he wasn't specifically named "Muhammad Hassan" and didn't ahve the same WWE theme music. WWE would have no grounds for a suit.

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 10:27 PM

90 days is a long time with no paycheck. We also don't know TNA would take him. We don't know if there were even talks, or if Hollywood is really his destination.

I'm not sure if I would pick him up if I were TNA. Considering I have a fledgling deal with USA, I'm not sure this is the time to be controversial, since I doubt many people would ignore who he was.

TerranRich
09-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Also.......

ALLLLAAYYYYLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLAAAAALLLLLEEEEYYYAAALALLLEEEYYYAAALLELEYYAAALLEEEYAAA.....

http://images.xylot.com/hassand.jpg

Hassan, we barely knew you. DAMN YOU, YOU'LL BE MISSED, HASSAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Mark Copani could play whatever he wanted, as long as he wasn't specifically named "Muhammad Hassan" and didn't ahve the same WWE theme music. WWE would have no grounds for a suit.

As long as it was outside his no-compete claus, and there weren't other likeness issues. Remember, the Dudleys can't even fucking wrestle in camo!

TerranRich
09-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Yes. It would all depend on just what WWE had the legal rights to. I doubt they'd have the rights to his turban, nor would they own his anti-American gimmick. It's too vague to be own-able.

Batsu
09-21-2005, 10:39 PM
BULLSHIT.

Plain and simple.

Well, one less reason to watch Raw. Thanks UPN, you fucking pussies.

Zen v.W.o.
09-21-2005, 11:12 PM
:lol:

If a guy performed on the mic like that with no passion for the business, we need more passionless people.

He'd be better on the mic if he didn't halt so much during his mic time.

I've seen much more impressive mic workers, he isnt that impressive.

Someone1001
09-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Poor Hassan. At least he didn't get stuck in a masked gimick so that people wouldn't remember that he was an insane dentist...I mean a supposed terrorist. Way to kill another one WWE (and UPN).

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 11:31 PM
He'd be better on the mic if he didn't halt so much during his mic time.

I've seen much more impressive mic workers, he isnt that impressive.

He's damn good at what he does, pause or not. JBL's better, and he pauses.

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 11:33 PM
I thought the pauses and his ways of stressing certain words or phrases was what made him a solid mic worker. It seperated him from the rest of the batch.

Zen v.W.o.
09-21-2005, 11:57 PM
meh, different strokes for different folks really. I dont hate the guy, I was just never high on him, like with Carlito, same thing.

Davari is actually more entertaining to me.

FourFifty
09-22-2005, 03:55 AM
...Kennedy

This thread has just been Kennedy'd... Not as cool as getting Hassan'd, but FUCKING GOD DAMN WWE!!!!!

Okay, this TOTALLY ruined my birthday (even if it ended an hour ago)!

Eunos
09-22-2005, 04:31 AM
Damn tht's dissapointing :(

This guy was a real good Heel.. Even i found myself booing him..

Best of luck to him.

Least he still makes it into SVR2006 :D

LK
09-22-2005, 06:02 AM
I doubt TNA would take him and let him be the Hassan character. Didn't Spike also tell the WWE that they didn't want Hassan on Raw. It's a real bad break for Copani. If things had gone differently he would be World Champion right about now. At least it seems like he still has a chance with the WWE, should he decide to give wrestling another shot. I doubt we've seen the last of him.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-22-2005, 08:36 AM
IMO, if he wants to get into movies, don't you sort of think that the WWE should at least cast him in one of their movies? The WWE knows he was going to be huge, and it was yanked from him, and it was no fault of his own. I think the WWE should at least help him get his start in the movie biz.

MVP
09-22-2005, 09:01 AM
This makes perfect sense to me.

Copani is taken off TV because of a gimmick THEY gave him that THEY went too far with, and THEY are too lazy to give him a different gimmick so THEY release him.

Chavo Classic
09-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Am I the only one who though that Hassan was absolutely shit in the ring? Sure his promos were controversial and his character was... different. But in the ring he stunk up more arenas than Miss Jackie and Mordecai have illicit sex with Mae Young's baby hand used as a sex toy. (Now that's a metaphor!)

I'm really not going to miss this guy. There are numerous other talents in the WWE who are equally as enteraining, if not better, on the mic and superb in the ring who will be given Hassan's push instead. Good riddance

Londoner
09-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Hassan's career has been Hassan'd

Nah it's actually been UPN'd.

Londoner
09-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Am I the only one who though that Hassan was absolutely shit in the ring? Sure his promos were controversial and his character was... different. But in the ring he stunk up more arenas than Miss Jackie and Mordecai have illicit sex with Mae Young's baby hand used as a sex toy. (Now that's a metaphor!)

I'm really not going to miss this guy. There are numerous other talents in the WWE who are equally as enteraining, if not better, on the mic and superb in the ring who will be given Hassan's push instead. Good riddance

Since when did in-ring talent become the only thing that mattered?His gimmick was entertaining enough to make me forget about his wrestling.Given more time though, I think he would've improved.he hardly got the best opponents to work with as far as in-ring talent goes did he? King,Hogan and Taker come to mind.

TerranRich
09-22-2005, 12:15 PM
From here on out, instead of Hassaning campy and bad threads, I will Kennedy them (Kennedize them?). We must move on. We must...BE STRONG! :'(

;)

The Gooch
09-22-2005, 12:46 PM
I had a feeling it was going to happen so I'm not shocked. I'm very disappointed though. Hassan was one of the recent characters that I really enjoyed and was happy the WWE created. It was a great gimmick and definitely edgy. Too bad we live in such PC times that UPN felt the need to screw him. I don't blame him for leaving wrestling for the moment. I'm not sure if TNA would accept him with their move to Spike in that type of role either.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 01:38 PM

Yes, because suddenly they're going to push Burchill as a great worker instead of a clichéd brawler. Magically, Cruiserweights will be pushed. Face it, that slot's going to someone like Murdoch.

Hassan was never shit in the ring. He was lackluster, but solid. If he had been allowed to run with it, he might have been better too. But with charisma in and out of ring, a solid worker is acceptable. Hell, he's better than in the ring, and JBL's a main eventer.

Chavo Classic
09-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, because suddenly they're going to push Burchill as a great worker instead of a clichéd brawler. Magically, Cruiserweights will be pushed. Face it, that slot's going to someone like Murdoch.

KKK - the extra K is for Kynical.

It's an open slot, and the WWE aren't that stupid. They know that they have to fill a high profile void in the roster with another high profile grappler. Any one of Christian, Booker T or Benoit could be the man.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Because they've got such a great track record for that. Hence we now have Masters in the main event.

Crimson
09-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Seriously though couldn't they just come up with a new gimmick for him...i don't see why they released him unless Hassan didn't have his heart in it. Either that or the WWE creative team proves once again how brainless and uncreative they are.

Crimson
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
This makes perfect sense to me.

Copani is taken off TV because of a gimmick THEY gave him that THEY went too far with, and THEY are too lazy to give him a different gimmick so THEY release him.

lol, pretty much the WWE gets to bitchslap anyone they want.

vampiro03
09-22-2005, 05:49 PM
maybe its all a work? hassan will interupt raw screaming R O H baby! then he will be hired back only to be destroyed at every oppertunity.

The Naitch
09-22-2005, 05:53 PM
dammit, he's stealing my Danny Bollywood idea too! :mad:

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 05:56 PM
maybe its all a work? hassan will interupt raw screaming R O H baby! then he will be hired back only to be destroyed at every oppertunity.

So business as normal, eh?

vampiro03
09-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I thought vince was a smart businessman. He should've used the media to plug the shows not remove the ONLY thing people in the media were talking about.

Savio
09-22-2005, 07:14 PM
Also.......

ALLLLAAYYYYLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLAAAAALLLLLEEEEYYYAAALALLLEEEYYYAAALLELEYYAAALLEEEYAAA.....

http://images.xylot.com/hassand.jpg

Hassan, we barely knew you. DAMN YOU, YOU'LL BE MISSED, HASSAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

:'(Why did you give him bunny ears?

Corkscrewed
09-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Man, that sucks, but at least it's an amicable separation. I wish him all the luck in his future endeavors, and I hope he can find some good success.

BlackDawn2024
09-22-2005, 08:50 PM

:y: :y:

Well said. I agree. He was shit in the ring, and I didn't think his promos were all that great. Farewell, Mark. Nothing personal.

Loose Cannon
09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
just to clarify, they didn't just release him. He WANTED to move on, just like Molly did, and they came to an agreement to let him go. Or at least that's what I've read.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 09:51 PM
just to clarify, they didn't just release him. He WANTED to move on, just like Molly did, and they came to an agreement to let him go. Or at least that's what I've read.

Where you been reading it?

The One
09-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Diavari has an interview up on WWE.com saying he is ready to take the ball.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 10:11 PM
So Daivari's gonna be the one to job to every "patriot" they can pull out?

TerranRich
09-22-2005, 10:34 PM
Why did you give him bunny ears?

Hah.

http://images.xylot.com/hassand2.jpg

Why did I have two random guys scream at him in terror?

Just because I could.