PDA

View Full Version : I may be crazy...

Nark Order
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
...but I honestly would not mind seeing another Big Show title reign sometime in the future. I was reminded of how entertaining and how realistic of a performer he is on RAW. Honestly, he looks like the king of hosses to smarks but to the casual fan he must seem unstoppable sometimes. Also, his mic skills have always been good but I think they've improved even more over these past couple of months. It looks like he's gotten in better shape as of late too. Overall, he's really not that bad.

His last fued with Brock over the belt I thought was incredible.

Thoughts?

Joey Slugs
09-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I JUST said that to a buddy of mine about 10 mins ago on AIM. :y:

as long as it's a face run with the belt.

The One
09-21-2005, 09:33 PM
My only addition to this is Big Shows is the only wrestler who my non-wrestling fans recognize by sight...I laughed my ass of when Hogan made an entrence my friend asked what Jesus Christ's collage roommate was doing wrestling...I asked him if he knew who he was...he had no idea. And yet Big Show he knew...take that for what it's worth.

Nark Order
09-21-2005, 09:35 PM
His presence is just crazy. This girl I'm seeing came over for RAW on monday and said to me "How can they honestly expect us to believe somebody could beat that guy?"

I had to think about it for a second.

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Kane Knight: i agree
TPWW: What?
Kane Knight: I said I agree, Dammit!

Big Show is one of the least worst hosses they have. If they can whip his ass into shape, by all means.

Loose Cannon
09-21-2005, 09:58 PM
how do you not know who Hulk Hogan is? Like the guy is even in US History books for schools these days.

Impact!
09-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah another Big Show title run would be pretty good.

The One
09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Don't ask me LC...to be fair he is a Muscial Theatre fan who listens to Opera music...not that I have anthing against either, but he is a real life version of Fraiser Crain and I wouldn't be supprised to hear he didn't know who Babe Ruth was either...and honestly he only knows Big Show because once while it was on in the backround he watched his first, last, and only match (well part of it) where Big Show was in a fatal four way and he cheered for him...he thought he was unbeatable since he was so big.

Funky Fly
09-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I've really enjoyed the Big Show over the last year. You can really tell when he's actually trying.

Favre4Ever
09-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, i'd like it to be a face run also.

Gone Mad
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Get him another run, why not. He's been entertaining and I think he earned it. As said before, anything is better than Cena, well, almost anything.

And yeah, not knowing Hogan is pretty odd. My aunt and cousins from Colombia who don't get any wrestling there know who he is. I don't know how that happens, but he's an icon anywhere apparently.

TerranRich
09-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Okay, okay, I too must admit that you're all right. I just want to see him in the shape he was in through most of his WCW run. He's blown up a lot (507 pounds now...) and doesn't try 100% of the time. If he got back into shape and tried 100% of the time, I would love to see him main-event sometime.

It's just that right now I'm pretty sick of him.

Kane Knight
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't see why you'd be sick of a guy who destroys rosters but does nothing with it.

My main hatred of Show isn't even the shape he's in, it's the worthless way he's been booked. He's destroyed credible people and then been jobbed out or depushed.

Loose Cannon
09-22-2005, 12:10 AM
yea, exactly. The booking has been all over the place with Show. He's hasn't been able to gain any momemtum. His size is fine now. He certainly looks like a monster being 7 feet tall and having a massive torso. Much like Andre. You don't want him looking like El Gigante.

James Steele
09-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Airbrushed buttcrack and all...

TerranRich
09-22-2005, 12:54 AM
The thing that frightened me the most about Giant Gonzalez's getup is the public bush they made up front for it. It scarred me for life as a child. :eek:

Mr. Nerfect
09-22-2005, 02:10 AM
I've always liked Big Show. He seems like a really nice guy, and I would love to see him get another run with the title.

It seems so stragne looking back. I was looking at a acrad of a PPV, and Show was challenging for the European Championship. I zone out during commentary most RAWs, but I think it would be really nice if they highlighed the fact Big Show is a former four-time World Champion.

Have Bischoff beat Cena at Homecoming, and have Big Show be given a match where he flattens Bischoff and wins the title for the third time. You can then have Angle or Edge take the belt off Big Show at a PPV.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 02:29 AM
I liked Show back when he was in shape and seemed to give a shit. Then for the longest time, he just seemed to phone it in. However, the corner chop is something all my friends see coming and love (And something I imitate :D ). He has the potential for a strong showing, but Big Show has seemed bored. And who can blame him? HE's booked like Scotty 2 Hotty, only higher on the card.

Show definitely has charisma. I can't even explain why anyone would give a shit about him, but I can't deny it, either. He's been in some shitty feuds, boring ass matches, and people still want to cheer him.

And if they REALLY want to Push Cena, they could always pull Alienoid's idea, but substitute Cena for Angle or Edge. Not that I'm saying they should, just that they COULD. People made a big deal when Cena FU'd him before, but in a main event scene, it might mean more to people.

The only problem with that is, who carries the match?

Angle making Show tap would be awesome, though Angle's ring time has been limited. I'm not sure if a "big" victoy makes much difference. A win for Edge could make the diff between shitty also-ran main eventer and looking credible. As an aside, the fact that this idea of Show with another run excites me shows just how shitty I think Raw is right now.

wwe2222
09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
they just need to give him new theme music...I really hate and could never stand his Big Show theme...Anyone else remember him being referred to as the big nasty paul wight when he first came in? His theme was better then

Jaton
09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I hardly think his problem is his theme.

Jaton
09-22-2005, 10:11 AM
KK is right. The way he is booked is moronic. He should be a viable threat to the title all year round.

ThruTheWire
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
I hardly think his problem is his theme.

Thats true, but Big Show did kick ass when he had that rap theme and he would come out every week dressed as someone else. (fat bastard etc..)

Londoner
09-22-2005, 01:41 PM
That rap theme sucked. I like his theme at the moment, i see no reason to change it.

What has always amazed me about the big show is that the WWE writers don't ever want to push him to the title, despite him being the biggest wretsler in the world.But now it seems like they're pushing him, I can't see where he will get a WWE title shot though.

Jaton
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Kurt Angle wins the title, they need faces to take him on. After 6 John Cena/Kurt Angle rematches, I could see Big Show competing for the title.

Kane Knight
09-22-2005, 01:53 PM
they just need to give him new theme music...I really hate and could never stand his Big Show theme...Anyone else remember him being referred to as the big nasty paul wight when he first came in? His theme was better then

Show's theme is one of the few that doesn't need to be changed. IT fits im so perfectly and has been with him for so damn long. It's heavy, slow, and blatant. Just like Show. :D

Jason Cage
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
the Paul White/Corporation angle was God.

redoneja
09-22-2005, 07:49 PM
If they give the title to the Big Show, then he CANNOT lose it cleanly. It needs to be taken off of him in controversial fashion. I don't see a problem with giving the Show another(hopefully lengthy) title run, the only problem I see is taking it off of him w/o destroying his credibility.

Nark Order
09-23-2005, 03:18 AM
He should only have it if he seems to be unstoppable.