PDA

View Full Version : WCW Supershow = $ for WWE and a way to commemorate the company that was WCW...

Somebody's Gotta Die
09-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I've said this all along and I still stick by it... WCW brought a very unique television show to the table and it is the company that has made so many stars big...

Chris Benoit, Big Show, Ric Flair, William Regal, Booker T, Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Chavo Guerrero and Eddie Guerrero all rose to stardom in WCW and all of them are currently employed by WWE, although some made their mark in ECW as well...

WCW's old days also serves as a starting ground for some of the more forgotten WCW stars such as "Stunning" Steve Austin, "Flying" Brian Pillman, Marky Mark (Undertaker), Paul Levesque (HHH), Cactus Jack, Vader, Ron Simmons, Robby V (RVD), Scotty Flamingo (Raven), as well as many classic veterans like Magnum TA, Barry Windham and Arn Anderson...

One of the things that is always remembered by WCW is the pushing of lots of mediocre talents... Guys like Sid Vicious, Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger fit into that category, although WWF made the same mistake of employing these guys at one time... At least now we have Snitsky, Conway and Masters as an alternative, which in my opinion is better...

Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Goldberg, DDP, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan all became massive stars in WCW, although some were employed by WWE first...

WCW offered pretty good technical wrestling on occasion with the likes of Chris Benoit, Arn Anderson, Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat... The storylines, however, were often a failure... The nWo saga was indeed memorable though and was probably the peak of the company...

WCW's strongest point would be the cruiserweight division given so much time... So many different talents were given a chance to shine with lots of TV time... The Villanos, El Dandy, Super Calo, Blitzkreig, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms and La Parka all come to mind... The weakest time in the division was when people like Madusa and Evan Karagias were battling for the title...

In essence, McMahon hated WCW in every possible way but their legacy is still a part of wrestling history and it is still worth commemorating...

I would love if WWE put together a WCW supershow for one last time to remember the stars that were and the company that was: World Championship Wrestling...

Here is how I would book a card of this magnitude without showcasing too many washed up or retired superstars:

WCW Clash of the Champions Reunion - 1 Night Only

War Games Elimination Match
WCW vs. nWo
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair, "Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit, "Icon" Sting & "The Unstoppable Force" Goldberg vs. "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, "Outsider" Scott Hall & "The Monster" Giant

- A way so showcase the best storyline in WCW history with the invasion of the nWo... Of course, it is doubtful that WWE will willingly hire Goldberg, Sting, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall for a WCW-reunion show due to high demand asking prices, but this match would be epic... Have Benoit start against Scott Hall... Next comes Kevin Nash... They doubleteam Benoit for a little while... He survives... Out comes Ric Flair to clean house... Giant enters and takes out Benoit quickly with a chokeslam... Flair is by himself against 3 guys... Arn Anderson runs out and nails Giant with a pipe, allowing Flair to lowblow both members of the outsiders and pin Giant... Out comes Goldberg to clean house... Hogan hits the ring and it's 3 on 2... They wear out Flair and Hogan pins him with a legdrop... Then the last man in the match comes out and it's Sting... He goes right for Hogan... Goldberg takes out Scott Hall with the Jackhammer to make it 2 on 2... Goldberg quickly jackhammers Kevin Nash afterwards to make it Goldberg and Sting against Hogan... Members of the nWo start hitting the ring such as Randy Savage, Ted Dibease, Eric Bischoff, Dusty Rhodes, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner and the ones eliminated already... They take out Sting and Goldberg and clear from ringside... Goldberg is pinned easily... It's just Hogan and Sting... Hogan slides over for an easy cover but Sting kicks out and destroys Hogan... Sting Splash, Scorpian Death Drop followed by a submission victory with the Scorpian Death Lock... WCW has prevailed and overcome all the odds on this particular night... Definitely an appealing way to end the show...

Falls Count Anywhere Match
"Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. "DDP" Diamond Dallas Page

- This is a perfect way to relive one of the best feuds in WCW history... Have this be a basic brawl with lots of weapon spots... DDP is ambushed by some members of the nWo as they are brawling in the audience and Savage quickly lays him out and manages to pin him with a flying elbow drop off the stairs onto the prone DDP...

Tag-Team Action
Harlem Heat vs. Steiner Brothers
Stevie Ray & Booker T vs. Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner

- I'd put over the Harlem Heat here in another WCW vs. nWo match... Booker T pins Scott Steiner with the Harlem Hangover...

Cruiserweight Challenge Match
Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Billy Kidman

- Billy Kidman gets the upset and the pinfall victory over Rey Mysterio in an outstanding 15-20 minute classic which sees the end come when Kidman nails the Shooting Star Press... Great match on paper...

Special Challenge Match
"Lionheart" Chris Jericho vs. "Latino World Order" Eddie Guerrero

- "Lionheart" Chris Jericho wins this match when his old manager Ralphus appears out of nowhere and clocks Eddie with something on the head... Jericho quickly locks on the famous Lion Tamer and Guerrero is forced to tap out after being dragged to the middle of the ring... Fantastic match on paper... Deserving of a lot of time...

Match of Champions
"Japanese Icon" Ultimo Dragon (w/Sonny Ono) vs. "Man of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko

- Dean Malenko gets the win here in the last match of his career after making Dragon submit to a Texas Cloverleaf... This is another fantastic match on paper that can go up to 15-20 minuts in my book...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WCW has had quite a legacy, a legacy that certainly deserves to live on in my book... Although it is highly unlikely that all the following will be hired:

Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Randy Savage
Diamond Dallas Page
Sting
Goldberg
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Stevie Ray
Ultimo Dragon
Billy Kidman

This card would certainly make up for an epic event and some of the older guys that can't really work much anymore are in tag matches or matches involving more than one person so it would be entertaining nevertheless...

Thoughts?

Jaton
09-23-2005, 02:00 PM
I thought Elizabeth died?

Jaton
09-23-2005, 02:00 PM
But, I love the idea. I'd mark out for Sting alone.

Destor
09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
WCW did NOT make Ric Flair, and yes Liz is dead.

Destor
09-23-2005, 02:04 PM
We need more NWA and/or AWA stuff way before WCW, I think they need to work their way up.

Joey Slugs
09-23-2005, 02:30 PM
We need more NWA and/or AWA stuff way before WCW, I think they need to work their way up.

:love:

Fignuts
09-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Jake Roberts v.s. Sting
Long awaited conclusion to the bar confrontation mini-movie!
-When last we left these two, Jake had shot lightning out of his eyes at the Stinger! What supernatural power did Sting use to counter this action? Or was he vaporized on the spot? Tune in to find out!

Psicosis v.s. Mysterio v.s. Damien v.s. Ciclope v.s. Super Calo v.s. La Parka v.s. Blitzkreig v.s. Octagon v.s. Ultimo Dragon v.s. Juvi
-10 man battle royal! All the losers must unmask! Winner faces Vader in a Mask match!

Kevin Nash v.s. Hulk Hogan
Injury match
These two former WCW champions will Battle it out tooth and nail until one of them are legitamitly injured! Don't miss it!
Match time set at 3 minutes.

David Arquette v.s. Vince Russo
Who is the biggest disgrace to the WCW title?

In accordance with later wcw booking, the first two hours of the wrestling show will contain no actual wrestling. Instead viewers will be treated to vignettes of the Hogan feeding his dogs, David Flairs shennanigans, and Kevin Sullivan changing his bedpan. DDP will also be walking through the backstage area for an unspecified reason looking for an unspecified wrestler. You may even see your favorite superstar talking to the Sound guy as DDP walks by! Wait, no that's smackdown. Sorry.

Finally Ric Flair makes his long awaited transformation into Spartacus!

WCW "Where the Big boys play!"

The One
09-23-2005, 02:39 PM
I am sorry, I can't even begin to see or understand what purpose holding a WCW reunion show would have. The only up side it possibly has would be that Sting might show up, but even there I somehow doubt that Sting will be signing with WWE. He is a rich guy with his morals, and for whatever reason he sees working for WWE as unmoral.

Destor
09-23-2005, 02:39 PM
Now that sounds more like the WCW I know. (fignutz)

Jordan
09-23-2005, 02:50 PM
That would be awesome... I would call it Clash of the Champions and have it at the MGM Grand.

Main Event:
Sting v.s Ric Flair

Goldberg v.s Big Van Vader

NWO (Hollywood Hogan, Nash, Hall) v.s DDP, The Giant, Randy Savage

Chris Beniot v.s Booker T

Lex Luger v.s Scott Steiner

Dean Malenko v.s Chris Jericho

Eddie Guerrero v.s Rey Mysterio Jr.

Arn Anderson v.s Kevin Sullivan

Psychosis v.s Billy Kidman v.s Juventude

The MAC
09-23-2005, 04:30 PM
i think it would end up being another WWE PPV. The ECW one stood out because the entire look feel and apporach of ECW was different from wCw and WWE.

wCw wrestlers and WWE wrestlers were so interchangable anyway.

but great thinking.

TerranRich
09-23-2005, 04:41 PM
Falls Count Anywhere Match
"Macho Man" Randy Savage (w/Elizabeth) vs. "DDP" Diamond Dallas Page

Yeah, like others have said, Liz has since passed on. Very publicly too.

TerranRich
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
i think it would end up being another WWE PPV. The ECW one stood out because the entire look feel and apporach of ECW was different from wCw and WWE.

wCw wrestlers and WWE wrestlers were so interchangable anyway.

but great thinking.
Just calling it wCw stinks of WWE-ness. As long as they used one of the two logos before the red spikey one, I would believe it.

:nono: Nah, I wouldn't

JH
09-23-2005, 06:17 PM
IF and thats a big if they would ever do a wcw reunion show it should be more like this

main event
flair vs sting
that would sell the ppv by itself

goldberg vs sid
remember the bloody match from halloween havok

rey vs jericho vs eddie vs kidman

benoit vs malenko

hall & nash vs the steiners

harlem heat vs the nasty boys

luger & bagwell & savage vs ddp & the giant & hogan

psicosis & juvi & la parka vs ultimo & liger & kaz hayashi

vampiro03
09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
the undertaker was never "marky mark". he was mean mark calous or somthing, he wa in 1 ppv, not a great legacy there. without Sting there could be no ppv.

Chavo Classic
09-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Vince has said that he is against producing any kind of individual WCW event or television broadcast because he believes WCW is associated with failure. Naturally, Vince wouldn't want to produce 'failure television'.

Which seems strange to me since ECW technically failed. Perhaps more than WCW did. At least WCW was at the top (and for a very long time). i'm also guessing there is an abudance of former WCW fans out there who would pay to see a reunion, also, perhaps more than the number of ECW who paid to see the extreme reunions.

Vince a great businessman? Bah!

The Naitch
09-23-2005, 10:04 PM
knowing WWE they probably would end the PPV with Stone Cold drinking beer

Jaton
09-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Yeah, because he was such a huge star in WCW. Just as he was in ECW, as well.

KayfabeMan
09-24-2005, 02:08 AM
Austin was a rather big star in WCW.

One of the top heels towards the end of his time there, and had some really good matches with Jim Duggan, Steamboat, etc., etc. before he left. Tag matches with Pillman were gold, as were the matches against him.

If Vince didn't own WCW, I'd be 1,000,000% behind a reunion show - but knowing him he'd fuck it all up, and he'd have to have his guys involved in it somehow, if not them, himself at the very least. I'd be all for it if the rights to do the event still belonged to Turner or someone else, just not Vince / anyone associated with WWE.

FourFifty
09-24-2005, 02:19 AM
And at Titan Towers, Vince is reading this either jerking off or laughing at this. There is no down the middle.

Dave Youell
09-24-2005, 05:28 AM
Vince's ego would never allow this to be sucessful

owenbrown
09-25-2005, 09:28 AM
WCW did NOT make Ric Flair, and yes Liz is dead.

yeah she died May 1, 2003. :(

Chavo Classic
09-25-2005, 09:29 AM
n00b squasher? That'd be like killing your own kind

Impact!
09-25-2005, 09:34 AM
:lol:

Destor
09-25-2005, 09:35 AM
I thought he was going to try and tell me WCW made Ric Flair. :nono:

KayfabeMan
09-25-2005, 12:32 PM
It did make him in a sense, because if not, his career in the mainstream would've been done a lot earlier. WWF would've kept him around until the belt gimmick got stale, and he would've been shipped out shortly thereafter [especially when it got to the change in direction with WWF; out with the old, in with the new].

I'm not saying they made him, because they didn't make him overall, but they did keep him around a lot longer than anyone else would've and made him a whole lot richer in the process.

Destor
09-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I compleatly agree with that, but they didn't make him, Jim Crocket did. Flair was over way before there was a WCW.

Chavo Classic
09-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Flair made Flair.

Destor
09-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Race made Flair. :yes:

Chavo Classic
09-25-2005, 12:51 PM
Flair wrestling up to five one-hour-long-draws every week made Flair

Destor
09-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Race did the job for Flair. Back then, thats huge, maybe the biggest baby face triumph up to that point.

KayfabeMan
09-25-2005, 02:59 PM
:y:

hb2k
09-25-2005, 03:02 PM
To capture the spirit of WCW, they would have to do the show unannounced, so that no matches are planned, the wrestlers don't know about it, and the PPV companies fuck up the broadcast due to company ignorance. Which means it could happen at any time. Even TONIGHT!!!

*Checks PPV listings*....

KayfabeMan
09-25-2005, 04:10 PM
To capture the spirit of WCW, they would have to do the show unannounced, so that no matches are planned, the wrestlers don't know about it, and the PPV companies fuck up the broadcast due to company ignorance. Which means it could happen at any time. Even TONIGHT!!!
*Checks PPV listings*....

Sounds like a typical day in WWE.

mrslackalack
09-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd have:

1. Goldberg vs Austin
2. Flair vs Steamboat vs Sting (triple threat match)
3. DDP vs Savage
4. Booker T vs Benoit (2 out of 3 falls)
5. Outsiders vs Steiners
6. Rey vs Eddie vs Jericho (triple theat match)

I'd also have a Horseman Reunion and a NWO Reunion

Annoucers- Jim Ross, Tony Schavione, and Bobby Hennan

hb2k
09-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Which seems strange to me since ECW technically failed. Perhaps more than WCW did.

No way man - ECW lost $7 million dollars over 7 years. With the finances they had, they can only be termed a success, albeit on a small level. WCW lost $67 million dollars in one year - they went from being on top of the world and being a $250 million company and being kicked off their own fucking network, that owned the company, in three years. How you can say that isn't a bigger failure than ECW clawing to some level of fame with very little money all the way along is a bit silly, with all due respect Mr. Classic.

Chavo Classic
09-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Mr Classic. Heh. I like it :D

Anyway, I'm coming from the perspective that WCW ruled the wrestling world for three years in the mid 90s. Thats pretty dam successful in my eyes. ECW was nothing more than a niche federation which only really grew in stature and prestige after it died.

WCW failed in the end, and you're right, they failed to a huge extent; but they were the only thing in pro wrestling for a number of years.

hb2k
09-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I'll say they were from one year - before WWE started creeping back up in mid-late 97. They did have far more success than ECW did, without any question, but WCW failed on a far more monumental level than ECW did. ECW's death was like falling out of bed. WCW's death was like bungee jumping off a 100 foot bridge with a 200 foot long cord.

vampiro03
09-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Annoucers- Jim Ross, Tony Schavione, and Bobby Hennan

more like Mike Tenay, Tony Schavione, and the "living legend" Larry Zybisko. I love Heenan to death but he can't talk anymore and that depresses me hardcore. J.R. would just ramble BAW GAWD. nope jr is wwe not wcw.