PDA

View Full Version : Gimmick Idea: Matt Strike, Wrestler Impersonator

TerranRich
09-29-2005, 04:20 PM
But yeah, Striker man.... that could be his gimmick right there.
This — from my "UUUUUULTIMATE Response" thread — and my own thoughts, gave me a great idea. When Matt Stryker debuts, he could have a gimmick where he feuds with wrestlers by imitating them in a mocking manner. For example, if he could do a Carlito impersonation, he could feud with Carlito that way, by imitating him during interviews, pissing him off, setting up some great matches.

I'm thinking Stryker's character could even pull something where he's on the phone with Vince as, say, Austin, demanding something, or maybe convincing Vince to do something that Stryker wants, but doing it as Austin or, hell, even Triple H. Maybe imitating HHH behind his back could set up a feud that way.

On second though, scratch that, I don't want Stryker getting buried. Make it somebody like Flair. Flair gets pissed that Stryker's pretending to be him and this could set up some matches as well.

I don't know, the possibilities are there. What do you guys think?

The Icon of Elisim
09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Slight variation on that idea.

Have Striker try to make friends with other wrestlers by copying their gimmicks and dressing up as them, you know "imitation is the highest form of flatery". Could lead to a tag team with a mid carder or a fued with a heel who takes offense.

KayfabeMan
09-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Striker was doing that up in 3PW, before he came to WWE.

Also, just one more time for everyone - this guy is STRIKER [with an I], the other one is Matt STRYKER [with a Y]. I prefer the other Matt, as he's more talented, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

TerranRich
09-29-2005, 05:14 PM
Are you saying there are two Matt Stryker/Striker's? Or just two names for one man?

LK
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Two different guys:

Matt Striker - http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/matt-striker.html

Matt Stryker - http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/m/matt-stryker.html

The One
09-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Slight variation on that idea.

Have Striker try to make friends with other wrestlers by copying their gimmicks and dressing up as them, you know "imitation is the highest form of flatery". Could lead to a tag team with a mid carder or a fued with a heel who takes offense.

You mean kind of like what Stevie Richards was doing in WWE right before RTC?

Loose Cannon
09-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Big Show did a variation of that gimmick.

KayfabeMan
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
What legendkiller said :y:

Disturbed316
09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Big Show done it ages ago.

Morrisey
09-29-2005, 05:34 PM
You mean kind of like what Stevie Richards was doing in WWE right before RTC?
Stevie was great at that! The funniest one was where he was Val Venis's tag team partner, and he was about to take his towel off before he says he forgot his trunks and runs off to the back leaving Val on his own! :lol:

Big Show did well with it too, especially when he impersonated Hogan while wrestling Kurt Angle back in 2000(Backlash I think). I think Big Show should have his own interview segment, or maybe even an interview/challenge segment like Kurt Angle and Chris Masters. Chokeslam Challenge? Anyway, probably best not to full up more Raw time with yet another interview segment, but it's an idea!

The Icon of Elisim
09-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Big Show's thing is different from what I'm thinking, that was more about making him funnier if I remember right.

Don't remember Stevie's thing though

Flashman#2
09-29-2005, 06:39 PM
I wish dat the big Show was getting the Champion Title. Dat would be very cool I would think.

The One
09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Flashman#2 - "That" in english we pronounce it like "That"

Anyway yes Big Show I think deserves one more run with the gold...he has actually been entertaining latly.

Flashman#2
09-29-2005, 06:48 PM
The One: I knnow dat, but I'm am doing a cool like carlito thing. He's probably my favorite wrestler guy today.

The One
09-29-2005, 06:54 PM
OK...well your not exactly pulling off the "cool" character. Just type like normal people and everyone will get along great.

(And to make sure my post has some wrestling merrit)

Matt Stryker > Matt Striker

Flashman#2
09-29-2005, 07:02 PM
alright, I'll do your cool way.

.44 Magdalene
09-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Well, his "gimmick" I guess at first was that he lied alot...

What if instead of just imitating them, he genuinely tries to replace wrestlers? Like, takes out Ric Flair in the back, and then comes out when Ric Flair is supposed to have a match?

Corkscrewed
09-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Striker was doing that up in 3PW, before he came to WWE.

Also, just one more time for everyone - this guy is STRIKER [with an I], the other one is Matt STRYKER [with a Y]. I prefer the other Matt, as he's more talented, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

I did not know that. I'd rep you but I need to spread some more before I can. :(

Anyway, I have no idea if he can develop into a great wrestler, but if he can, he's definitely got a bright future. He's got charisma, and he geniuinely loves the business. He's got the passion, so if he can develop the skill, then Matt Striker can really go places.

Pinnacle Charisma
09-30-2005, 07:38 AM
I still get goosebumps when thinking about when Striker walked into the ring agasnt Kurt for the second time and told Kurt what he wanted that he was from that hometown. The crowd went apeshit.

I think he should adopt the impersonator gimmick. It would be much better than if they concetrated on his former teacher gimmick.

TerranRich
09-30-2005, 12:26 PM
See, what Stevie and Big Show did were half-assed. Sure, they imitated wrestlers, but it went nowhere. I'm talking about a feud-starting gimmick. Lilke what Stevie did, except to spite the heels Striker'd be imitating.