PDA

View Full Version : Bwhahahaha Look what Vince is clamping down on TNA for now! Copyrights again ........

Dave Youell
10-04-2005, 03:42 AM
From Wresling Observer:

If you didn't think it's on, or that this war wasn't going to be petty, WWE legal sent TNA a letter demanding they not call their "wrestling superstars," or "superstars" in publicity or commentary, because that's a WWE trademark term for its talent. Bill Banks, who handles the TNA web site, is going out of his way to use the term "TNA star" instead of "TNA Superstar".

----------------------

HA!

What next? The term Referre can't be used? Or how about the term wrestling?

What Would Kevin Do?
10-04-2005, 03:49 AM
They should just coin something like mega stars.... or uber stars.... Or Ummmmmm, yeah.

KayfabeMan
10-04-2005, 03:52 AM
This one could be argued thoroughly.

Total bullshit, pulled by a desperate company.

RP
10-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Falling stars

KingofOldSchool
10-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Next they will try to prevent them from using theme music.

Vietnamese Crippler
10-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Then it's going to be no announcer desk

KingofOldSchool
10-04-2005, 04:19 AM
TNA should sue WWE for false advertising.

They say they are World Wrestling Entertainment, when there is clearly no entertainment involved. :shifty: (I'm always entertained, but I know some people aren't so meh.)

Then again WWE could sue TNA for false advertising because whenever Jeff Jarrett appears on camera all of the supposed "Total Nonstop Action" stops quicker than Maven's heel push.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-04-2005, 04:49 AM
This one could be argued thoroughly.

Total bullshit, pulled by a desperate company.

Honestly now, do you REALLY think WWE is desperate? Money hungry, yes, desperate, nah. No offense, the things they are saying can't be used aren't going to make or break TNA... On the other hand, WWE owns the copyright, pays for the copyright, so why should they let someone else use it?

Mr. JL
10-04-2005, 05:04 AM
This is getting ridiculous.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-04-2005, 05:27 AM
I always thought the term "superstars" was ridiculous in the first place, but yeah, this is just pathetic.

Wait, why does WWE own the copyright to "superstar" anyway?

Pinnacle Charisma
10-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Heres a crazy suggestion why don’t TNA instead of calling their talent TNAstars or superstars call them Wrestlers. After all isn’t this meant to be a wrestling show.

The Ravishing One
10-04-2005, 08:14 AM
LOL

The war is on.

Xero
10-04-2005, 08:15 AM
What next? The term Referre can't be used? Or how about the term wrestling?
Nah, the WWE doesn't give a shit about 'Wrestling'... For all Vince cares, I bet he'd be HAPPY if someone else copyrighted 'wrestling' (which isn't possible, but hypothetically)... That way he wouldn't have to use the word 'wrestling' in any way, shape, or form.

Then it would come back to bite him on the ass and he'll have to call every match a 'Sports Entertainment Fight' or something like that. :shifty:

JH
10-04-2005, 09:57 AM
vince cant copyright the term superstars cause alot of sports players are referred to as superstars

tna needs to fight this bullshit

PullMyFinger
10-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Hahahahhaha @ him stating a while back he doesn't care about TNA nor does he view them as a threat.

This has got to be the most absurd and ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

Schoenauer
10-04-2005, 11:51 AM
The next thing is TNA can't wrestle anymore because WWE trademarked wrestling.

Shadow
10-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah...moron, we already covered that!

Next thing is...Vince says TNA can't use any type of ring or mat or security railing because he uses all of that...

Schoenauer
10-04-2005, 12:35 PM
TNA cannot have wins by pinfall or submission.
Edit: Hahaha. I told my mother about this, and she thinks Vince has some ownership of TNA and that this whole thing is just one big work.

Xero
10-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Vince (into loud speaker): Send a letter to Jarret telling him that TNA can't use the word 'the', as I trademarked it when I trademarked "The Rock". Hell, while we're at it, tell him he can't have a crowd in the arena. I own wrestling fans.

Shadow
10-04-2005, 02:05 PM
TNA cannot have wins by pinfall or submission.
Edit: Hahaha. I told my mother about this, and she thinks Vince has some ownership of TNA and that this whole thing is just one big work.

Welcome to the Shadow Conspiracy.

Loose Cannon
10-04-2005, 02:43 PM
haha, get the fuck out of here. Superstars is used by all sports. It's a loose term. Losing battle for WWE here.

KayfabeMan
10-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Honestly now, do you REALLY think WWE is desperate? Money hungry, yes, desperate, nah. No offense, the things they are saying can't be used aren't going to make or break TNA... On the other hand, WWE owns the copyright, pays for the copyright, so why should they let someone else use it?

Yes, I REALLY do.

They've been desperate for quite some time in many ways. Pulling out the "old guys" is the prime example. Our guys can't draw flies to a toilet full of shit, so what do we do, turn the clock back 20 years to guys people actually care about.

It's funny how on one hand Vince says they aren't competition [which means you'd have to follow them, otherwise you couldn't say that] - yet he's going out of his way to hinder them in every way possible. It is desperate, when the best you can do to potential competition is hit them with lawsuits over trademarks.

Also, I find it odd that they [WWE] refer to ANY of their glorified independent workers [Snitsky, Masters, Kennedy, Carlito, any of them] as "Superstars". I guess if you sugar coat crap, it might taste better on the way down.

darkpower
10-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I haven't seen this on any other site just yet.

Maybe this is a bullshit one...

Knowing the WWE lately, never can tell, but something strikes me as this not being true (one can only hope it isn't true).

FourFifty
10-04-2005, 03:32 PM
How about TNA just calls them "Teh 1337 pwnz!!!!!!111!1!!!1!11one!!!11!!!!"

Innovator
10-04-2005, 03:46 PM
I like the term professional wrestler better than WWE SUPERSTAAAAAAHHHHHH

TerranRich
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
The next thing is TNA can't wrestle anymore because WWE trademarked wrestling.
That's just the thing. At no point does Vince ever call his guys "wrestlers".

So why doesn't TNA copyright it? Call their guys wrestlers, because they focus on the action instead of the "sports-entertainment". Hey if WWE can copyright something as broad as "superstars", why not?

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
did wwe sue the saturday night live movie with the "superstar" chick? now, they will trademark the words "ring" and "ropes" and they till copyright the word "the". tna will have to never use THE word "the"

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
did wwe sue the saturday night live movie with the "superstar" chick? now, they will trademark the words "ring" and "ropes" and they till copyright the word "the". tna will have to never use THE word "the"

Way to post something original and hilarious :roll:

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I love how TNA is being recognised as a threat now. We had Jericho's website showing Y2J infront of a giant TNA logo the day after his sacking of Raw, the Dudley Boyz saga and at least five TNA themed signs at last night's Raw.

Competition is good.

Hired Hitman
10-04-2005, 07:46 PM
It's good publicity for TNA.

TerranRich
10-04-2005, 07:46 PM
But at the same time, Chavo, Vince claims up and down that TNA is surely not a threat. Yet he's treating it like it is.

I mean, sure it could be compared to getting your house sprayed for bugs before they take over your house. Just preventative measures. ;)

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm going to do my best to make sure TNA is a threat. Whether that's hyping Impact up on the forums to get the n00bs watching or buying as much TNA merch as possible. In the long run, it'd lead to two very healthy federations battling it out for my attention

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 07:56 PM
everyone knows vince thinks tna IS a threat. when vince was on trial in the early 1990's for steriod distrobution and all that other stuff. He named Jerry Jarrett to run the WWE in his absence IF he went to prision. thats a FACT. now, think to yourself: if you would trust someone that much, they would have to know how to RUN a wrestling company. yes he thinks they are a threat.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 07:58 PM
everyone knows vince thinks tna IS a threat. when vince was on trial in the early 1990's for steriod distrobution and all that other stuff. He named Jerry Jarrett to run the WWE in his absence IF he went to prision. thats a FACT. now, think to yourself: if you would trust someone that much, they would have to know how to RUN a wrestling company. yes he thinks they are a threat.

Relevance?

Nervous Ferret
10-04-2005, 07:59 PM
ROFL what

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Relevance?

Jerry Jarrett owns TNA

TerranRich
10-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm going to do my best to make sure TNA is a threat. Whether that's hyping Impact up on the forums to get the n00bs watching or buying as much TNA merch as possible. In the long run, it'd lead to two very healthy federations battling it out for my attention
So will I. I NEVER buy wrestling mdse (not many fans around where I live), but I will definitely buy a TNA shirt when I get my Christmas Club check of $750. :D

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Jerry Jarrett owns TNA

I know that. But what have the events around the steriod trial have to do with the WWE's changing business strategy to co-incide with TNA's increasing popularity and market share some ten years later?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:10 PM
So will I. I NEVER buy wrestling mdse (not many fans around where I live), but I will definitely buy a TNA shirt when I get my Christmas Club check of $750. :D

Cool :y:

From next week I start my new job so I'll have some more disposable income to waste. :D

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:16 PM
it makes perfect scense that vince was willing to hand over the wwe to this man, he trusted him wholeheartedly and knows that jerry knows how to do it. they were friends and knew each other well. now, if im vince and my friend goes out and starts a company knowing him like I do, I would feel at least a little threatened. I would know he's a threat because I know him. thats just my oppinion

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Ok, because it's your opinion I won't disrespect that statement or make fun of it. I'll just say that perhaps you shouldn't post all your opinions

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:24 PM
yes vince would hand his "baby" over to a nobody because of marketshare. your little red squares mean shit to me.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
...your little red squares mean shit to me.

Come again?

PorkSoda
10-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Sorry if it hasn't been mentioned, but Vince is afraid of TNA. He knows that they are going to succeed and that is the reason why he's filing these lawsuits.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't say afraid. He has more than enough money and creative talent to reign supreme for years. I think he certainly is aware and cautious of TNA - he'll be watching very closely and picking up on TNA's weaknesses over the next few weeks and trying to exploit them as much as possible.

Perhaps he'll even watch Impact and realise his own products' weaknesses, and improve Raw and Smackdown as a result.

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:32 PM
Come again?

I don't feel threatened or anything if you or anyone else disagrees with me. Ive had my "red squares" like 10 because I had a difference of oppinion with kk. I never will cower becuse of the assholeness of the multi-posters. I told someone else this yesterday, I won't lick your ass just because you have 10 million posts or if you have 1 post. rank on me:y: but ill rank right back:y:

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Let me discuss something with you. I have not yet threatened you or tried to intimidate you but this is a forum where discrepancies in attitudes and perspectives are inevitable. I was simply responding to... well... whatever the hell your posts were meant to be about.

I don't expect you to lick my ass. Then you'd be an ass-licker, and no-one likes an ass-licker.

Honestly son, grow yourself a pair and stop acting like a whinging child.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:38 PM
....and I don't think assholeness is a word. What, are you 12?

shawn112233
10-04-2005, 08:42 PM

:y: makes sense to me

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Barely makes sense literally. The fact that the steriod trial was over a decade ago and that the circumstances since then have changed dramatically mean that it doesn't make sense semantically

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I was ranting.lol I wish I was young again. when i was 12 macho and hogan were in millwaukee right when they split to start the wm v feud. I saw macho slap hogan to actually start the fewd. they were in a tag match and liz got ko'd hogan picked her up ran her to the back to get medical attention and macho was outmatched being 2 on 1 and when hogan got back they argued and savage bitchslapped the hell out of hogan. I was a HUGE macho mark. my bro liked hogan...ooh my god the whole ride home I let him have it! he had the last laugh at wm v though.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:48 PM
:nono:

and then Hogan kicked Macho Man and then Macho Man fell over because he was hurt and then Hogan said I am the greatest and you can't beat me so I clapped my retarded hands together and then Macho Man got up and said to Hogan I have sooper powers and then he punched him in the face and then they started fighting again and...

:wtf:

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 08:51 PM
so, im not 12 that was a looooong time ago

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 08:53 PM
I think the biggest insult here is that you have the grammar, spelling and give the general impression of a 12 year old.

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:00 PM
just because you use big words, doesn't mean you're intellegent. its actually when you have self esteem issues, you want to use these words to berate fellow posters in an attempt to make yourself feel powerful. I infact post with ease and carelessness because I have no issues with myself or need to berate anyone else for personal pleasure/ego/esteem.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Son. I know all about self-esteem and the ego. I wouldn't try to talk social issues with a psychology graduate. :nono:

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Son. I know all about self-esteem and the ego. I wouldn't try to talk social issues with a psychology graduate. :nono:

then we have more in common than I thought.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
That's the biggest bluff I've ever seen :rofl:

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:11 PM
you will believe whatever you want. so,whatever son.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Great comeback. I honestly believe that you're clueless. And that by pretending to be something you're not - well, who has the self-esteem issues now?

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
This message was brought to you in association with Chavo's FUCK YOU enterprises. Keeping moronic n00bs in their place

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I have nothing to prove to you. If I were to say anything, you would say "oh yeah from a 12 year old with bad grammer" or some other bullshit. I still have no self-esteem issues.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
GRAMMAR!

You idiot.

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
and the non-n00bs are the reason tpww sucks and nobody joins

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Seriously. Stop embarrassing youself.

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
uum NO

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
and the non-n00bs are the reason tpww sucks and nobody joins

No. We have a number of intelligent and well adjusted new members who do just fine. Like I said before with my Kane Knight comments - only the morons are flamed.

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Put your hands together for Vampiro03, everyone

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
everyone who isn't part of your kliq is flamed. its pathetic. if I agree with everything you say and just say cool catch phrases I might be in it someday. no, thanks I have a free mind and I'm not a follower

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
WHAT.......
WHAT.......
WHAT.......

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Wrong. It's a discussion forum where the idea is to exchange perspectives and opinions. That's what we are doing here. The people like you who make incoherent and misled posts are flamed.

You think Kane Knight has a clique? You think that he always agrees with the minority?
No.

You think he says stuff just to piss people off and be an asshole?
Yes.

So quieten down, young one. You just might learn something

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:30 PM
WHAT.......
WHAT.......
WHAT.......

You lost this one. :n:

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I have no beef with kk anymore because it was old. tomorrow I won't look at you badly because it will be old. I have no conspiracy theories. just what ive seen and fallen victim to in here all the time. I have an opinion and I have strong convictions. I have no hard feelings for anyone in here. including you. I think you have strong convictions but would be better suited if you weren't insulting me with my petty grammar mistakes and typos

Chavo Classic
10-04-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm so proud you managed to spell grammar.

Now, where did you leave your testicles? :rofl:

vampiro03
10-04-2005, 09:50 PM
:shifty:

The One
10-04-2005, 10:17 PM
OK OK OK...EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Now, let's deal with this all one thing at a time...

Vince McMahon Fears TNA because he doesn't like them using the term Superstar.
No. Let me say that again. No. One more time. No. Here is where you guys need to quite getting ahead of yourself. TNA on Spike TV pulled in a what? Less then a .80 in ratings. That is about what WWF Metal/Jakked used to score. Less then the lowest WCW Thunder or Nitro rating EVER. Less then HeAT or Velocity scores usually. You are telling me Vince McMahon fears them? No. Now the legal team at Titan Towers I am sure are just sitting around waiting to slap a law suit on TNA for anything they do wrong...and why is that? Because WWE spent time and money making sure that names like "Billy Gunn" and "Superstar" became synonymous with WWE. They also spent money making sure they took already established names like "The Dudley Boys" and in the minds of marks (who primarily only watch WWE) make the name Dudley well known only as WWE Superstars. You know how I know Vince McMahon wants his boys in the locker room to be known as superstars and not wrestlers? He doesn't allow them to be called wrestlers. They are "WWE Superstars" because that is what his vision is. Now he has spent time and money again making sure they are known as such, making sure that if they are a white rapper they get a record deal, if they want to act they get to be in a movie. His idea for his boys is to not be seen as Wrestlers but be seen as media Superstars. So let him have his god damned word, TNA prides themselves on being less about talk and more about action? Then call your guys wrestlers, because before Vince McMahon came along, no one would have ever thought to call a wrestler a Superstar, he created that idea...let him have it. All that having been said, I doubt as though Vince even knew that TNA were calling them superstars until someone on the legal team pointed it out. He signs some letter that some secretary wrote up, and probably didn't think about TNA again for the rest of the day.

Jerry Jarrett owns TNA.
False. Jerry Jarrett (owner) and Jeff Jarrett (President) of Jarrett Entertainment, created TNA, however neither man has any ownership of the company anymore. On a side note, Jerry Jarrett poses no threat to Vince McMahon. It has been very well known for quite a while that Jerry isn't a wise business man, nor is he very good at promoting...he got where he is today because of the success HIS parents had as promoters. Jerry is little more then a pawn of everyone around him, and while it is true Vince was going to hand WWE over to Jerry if he went to jail, it was with the expectation that Jerry be little more then a figure head until Vince came back...which is what he wanted. Vince doesn't fear Jerry Jarrett.

vampiro03
You are a twat. When you say you were twelve when Macho and Hogan...that would mean that today you would be somewhere around the 28 candle mark, and yet you still seem to struggle with spelling words like "Feud/Fewd" right. You can't seem to make a post without pissing on the very concept of grammar. And while I am at it, I might as well point out that your threat to "rank right back", assuming you meant in terms of neg repping people since that was what you had been ranting about the whole time up until then, is useless. You see when you have a neg rep, the forum assumes you are nothing more then a twat (please note my first sentence) and doesn't allow you the ability to rep other people. Kind of the people upstairs way of evening everything out, normal people have to put up with you, but you can rep anyone. Oh and my final thought on this, your aren't getting those "red squares" because you disagree with KK, how many times have I gone over this, me and Kane Knight disagree on almost everything, yet I don't know if there has been one person who has given me more rep then him. Disagreement and discussion are why people come here, to talk. But you seem to have no interest in talking, and in fact you become the verbal tyrant first in most cases that I have seen. So please just do me a favor, just fuck off seeing as at this point no one has an interest in talking to you.

Chavo Classic
It ain't getting through, just walk away.

In closing...
Vince afraid of TNA = No
Jerry Jarrett owner of TNA = No
vamprio03 = Why hang around where no body likes you?
Chavo Classic = There must be something better for you to do.
Me = Done.

JH
10-04-2005, 10:36 PM
sorry guys but jerry only owns 49% now because panda energy owns the rest
dixie carter of panda is running the company now not jerry or jeff

The One
10-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Actually RoadWarrior...he doesn't even own 49%. He owns x amount of the stock of the company, which is kind of pointless as they have no intentions of taking TNA public anytime soon...but his percent isn't even enough to warrent control. I think for most companies if you have 20% stock in a company you have some for of control over the product, and I know for a fact that Jerry doesn't even have that much.

JH
10-04-2005, 10:54 PM
did'nt know that
all i knew was the details of when the deal first went down

TerranRich
10-04-2005, 11:22 PM
The One, your points are very valid, but might I suggest Vince considers TNA a potential future threat and all his lawsuits are meant, not only to protect his own property (Dudleyz, which he obviously created and came up with, and Superstars, which is such an original term that only he could have possibly coined), but also to make sure that TNA stays where it is: a .8-rated program deep into the Saturday late-night slot on his former network. He doesn't consider TNA a threat, but he considers it a possible threat if he doesn't clamp down on them soon enough.

Now, sure, Team 3-D made just as much of a splash as The Dudley Boyz would have, but you've got to admit that Vince seems to be taking preventative measures, no?

PureHatred
10-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Jesus, The One's post alone makes this thread worthy of being in the Archives. That is, of course, if the Casual World Order ever allowed wrestling threads to be archived.

Loose Cannon
10-04-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't feel threatened or anything if you or anyone else disagrees with me. Ive had my "red squares" like 10 because I had a difference of oppinion with kk. I never will cower becuse of the assholeness of the multi-posters. I told someone else this yesterday, I won't lick your ass just because you have 10 million posts or if you have 1 post. rank on me:y: but ill rank right back:y:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

This guy is just quality

darkpower
10-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Personally....I still thing the Observer is being full of shit with this one. Nothing has came up anywhere else regarding this so far.

I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Pepsi Man
10-05-2005, 12:50 AM
Jesus. This is fucking ridiculous. Since when did they have money to just throw around THREATENING anyone for any little thing like this? I mean, if it's so easy to sue for that, how come they never sued WCW for it back in the day?

FourFifty
10-05-2005, 01:12 AM
After seeing people bitch back and forth about Does Vince fear TNA, this person is a jackass, Jerry owns TNA, my ego hurts, I believe one thing needs to be said, and it needs to be said soon. In regards to Vince and TNA, until we can read his mind we won't know if he fears TNA. With Jerry owning TNA, I don't know and I couldn't care less in all honesty. When it comes to people bitching back and forth...

<b>HALIEYAEEEALIELAAAAAAIEILEIALEEEEYAAAAAAA!!!!</b>
You have just been Hassan'd!

Now somebody get me a victory twinkie!

.44 Magdalene
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Victory Dingdongs > Victory Twinkies.

Twinkies are too dry for any kind of victory.

So am I a newb or a non-newb? I've been here like, fucking forever, but I'm barely in triple digits for post count.

Dave Youell
10-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Wow! In all my years this is the first thread I started that got:

1. Noobed/Spammed to the extreme
2. Hassan'd! :love:

Chavo Classic
10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
But has it been Kennedy'd yet....?

KENNEDY'D!

Dave Youell
10-06-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Headers/1235014

The One
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
The One, your points are very valid, but might I suggest Vince considers TNA a potential future threat and all his lawsuits are meant, not only to protect his own property (Dudleyz, which he obviously created and came up with, and Superstars, which is such an original term that only he could have possibly coined), but also to make sure that TNA stays where it is: a .8-rated program deep into the Saturday late-night slot on his former network. He doesn't consider TNA a threat, but he considers it a possible threat if he doesn't clamp down on them soon enough.

Now, sure, Team 3-D made just as much of a splash as The Dudley Boyz would have, but you've got to admit that Vince seems to be taking preventative measures, no?

I can see where you are coming from in the idea that TNA is gaining traction and it is a form of Pro Wrestling, but I still don't think Vince has any fear of TNA. Vince McMahon never feared ECW, he admits maybe he should have but the idea of it never crossed his mind. It didn't because WWE has been about the show more then wrestling for over 2 decades now. TNA (much like ECW, but in a different form) is all about what happens in the ring. TNA's corner stone is the X-Division, ECW's was Hardcore Wrestling...WWE is gimmicks and storyline. If you are a die hard fan of WWE (and there are still some) you probably fall in love with storylines and gimmicks. Now Vince McMahon knew about, and even liked some of ECW's work, and while we are on it, ECW on TNN scored an average of about .1 more then TNA's debut. Their PPV buyrates were WAY higher then TNA's so far. Sure Vince knows they are around, but they are going for in ring wrestling fans, Vince is going for people with $20 to buy a t-shirt fans. Totally different type feel. Totally different brand. I doubt as though Vince is worried even if they get big, there is still plunty of market for both to succeed. I trust that Vince's moto is so long as TNA doesn't have a star he wants, he won't care to pay attention to them.

Though if you have further thoughts, please share...as I do enjoy listening to other people's views on the topic.

PullMyFinger
10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Panda Energy / The Carter family owns 75% of TNA. Also, Dixie Carter herself has stated that WWE is like Coke, and her vision is to make TNA a Pepsi. TNA imo is going down the WCW route of southern style rasslin, x division, and storyline that fuses the two together.

I don't think Vince fears TNA, but he just wants to prevent them from ever becoming big. He knows how it feels to have a tough competiter breathing down your neck at all times, and I'm sure he never wants to re-live those days again.

As far as superstars go, Vince is being absolutely ridiculous now.Vince

TerranRich
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't think Vince fears TNA, but he just wants to prevent them from ever becoming big.
Very valid point, and just what I was stating. Just preventative measures, I say.

He knows how it feels to have a tough competiter breathing down your neck at all times, and I'm sure he never wants to re-live those days again.
Now I wouldn't go that far. Vince likes power. He likes being in control. It's not like he wouldn't want the competition. But he's become too complacent being the only nationwide wrestling organization to be any good. Vince is simply swatting the fly that might otherwise bite him in the ass. :p

As far as superstars go, Vince is being absolutely ridiculous now.Vince

... Keenneeedddeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh......

Afterlife
10-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Wether Vince considers TNA a legitimate threat at the current time is probably only known to Vince himself. Just because he's giving them a hard time at their start doesn't mean jack other than he's rattling their cage to see how they react under pressure.

And yes, TNA may be a major competitor down the road, but they probably aren't right now. Testing them with this "Superstars" thing is like any other legal matter, petty or otherwise: it's business. If something looks like it may become a threat - wether it is now or not - you stop it before it can hurt you. Hell, people die from the flu. That's why God made Robitussen.

axel84
10-09-2005, 03:11 AM
they're lawyers themselves. Like they know ethics. The fuck with all of that. Vince is looking bad. It is going too far and before you know it TNA will only be able to tape Impact! at high school field houses instead of arenas since WWE had first dibbs on venues you can legally charge people for a seat. Stop acting like Vince's fucking legal representation. There is no justification for this action by WWE. They're getting a little bit on the desperate side. It will only get worse.

Ever since they bought WCW, they can only HOPE for competition at this point.

axel84
10-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Wether Vince considers TNA a legitimate threat at the current time is probably only known to Vince himself. Just because he's giving them a hard time at their start doesn't mean jack other than he's rattling their cage to see how they react under pressure.

And yes, TNA may be a major competitor down the road, but they probably aren't right now. Testing them with this "Superstars" thing is like any other legal matter, petty or otherwise: it's business. If something looks like it may become a threat - wether it is now or not - you stop it before it can hurt you. Hell, people die from the flu. That's why God made Robitussen.

Well said.

axel84
10-09-2005, 03:14 AM

Well said. That's the first legitimate, sensible rationale I can see for all this spectacularly retarded foolishness.

Afterlife
10-09-2005, 04:59 AM
Well, what can I say? They call me "The Future of Greatness" for a reason. :)

You gonna rep me?

Fubar28
10-09-2005, 09:20 AM
watching impact last night I have to say I found Bubba's response to Vince pretty funny. For those who didn't see it on the back of his shirt it said trade mark this with a middle finger.