PDA

View Full Version : And this is why WWE

dablackguy
10-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Is in the shitty shape its in. Recycled bullshit. Did anyone else have flashbacks to Kane a few years back when Orton set the casket ablaze? I do, and I'm insulted.

Sure, let's get a guy over as a monster heel, fine. But not in the EXACT same fucking way that we did it to another guy a few years back. Its bullshit. The worst part is that we're not supposed to notice cause we're "ignorant wrestling fans" and because we conduct ourselves on the internet we have little to no credibility. As a longtime fan, I was sick to my stomach watching the same damn bullshit I saw a few years ago on my tv. Is it the first time its happened? No. But I mean come on, its ridiculous to think that this was the best anyone could do was recycle an idea that was only cool the first time we saw it.

Fucking make an attempt to be creative!! lol Thoughts?

Savio
10-10-2005, 12:39 AM
ok dab lack guy

FourFifty
10-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Is in the shitty shape its in. Recycled bullshit. Did anyone else have flashbacks to Kane a few years back when Orton set the casket ablaze? I do, and I'm insulted.

Sure, let's get a guy over as a monster heel, fine. But not in the EXACT same fucking way that we did it to another guy a few years back. Its bullshit. The worst part is that we're not supposed to notice cause we're "ignorant wrestling fans" and because we conduct ourselves on the internet we have little to no credibility. As a longtime fan, I was sick to my stomach watching the same damn bullshit I saw a few years ago on my tv. Is it the first time its happened? No. But I mean come on, its ridiculous to think that this was the best anyone could do was recycle an idea that was only cool the first time we saw it.

*ahem*
<b>ALIEYAEEEEEELAIELEEEEYAYELAIEEEAAAAAAAA!!!</b>

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2005, 12:46 AM

Hi, shut the fuck up. I was going to pick apart the statement, but I don't have the heart. It's obvious you're really fucking picky and feel the need to critique just a tad bit much. So yeah, goodbye.

Corkscrewed
10-10-2005, 02:04 AM
I dunno... I actually thought the exact same thing: didn't they do this before in the same order and manner?

Most people still watching prolly weren't watching back then, though. Ah well. At least Orton actually KILLED a legend this time.... :shifty:

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2005, 02:07 AM
I dunno... I actually thought the exact same thing: didn't they do this before in the same order and manner?

Most people still watching prolly weren't watching back then, though. Ah well. At least Orton actually KILLED a legend this time.... :shifty:

What else can Orton real do in the situation to achieve uber heelness though? Drop a safe on the casket? Chain it up and throw it into the ocean? The Undertaker is undead. What do you do to the undead?? You burn them bitches.

KingofOldSchool
10-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Oh my God!

Batista pinned Guerrero to retain the title!

I've seen that finish one too many times!

WWE SUXZ!

Mr. Nerfect
10-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I hope they bring Kane back to feud with Randy Orton on SmackDown!. They had something going on RAW before Orton got injured.

I think they played it up a bit too much. I mean a guy being lit on fire is huge, but if it were really happening security, etc. would be out to put a stop to it, and catch The Ortons. I would have rather had Michael Cole and Tazz say how it must be a trick, and that they must have arranged this prior and put a trapdoor somewhere. Play up tha no one came out to help, so management must have OK'd this as a stunt.

I dunno, I just don't like the way they pretended Orton really lit Taker on fire. I would have rather them try to cover up Taker being lit on fire, pretending it never happened and dealing with it on SmackDown!. I'm probably not making much sense, but I just think they should have toned down the criminal elements of what they were doing by highlighting the entertainment part.

Jaton
10-10-2005, 02:22 AM

More like attempted murder on a legend. On wwe.com it says that the Ortons opened the casket only to find no Undertaker inside.

Savio
10-10-2005, 02:29 AM
he was burned to ashes

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2005, 02:43 AM
It runs in the genes... Remember when Shane knocked Kane into a burning dumpster, but they didn't find him when they put the fire out?

Aussie Skier
10-10-2005, 03:16 AM
Alienoid's idea is awesome i reckon.

u should so b a writer 4 the WWE

Boondock Saint
10-10-2005, 04:01 AM
Not the first time they've recycled something.

Pepsi Man
10-10-2005, 04:27 AM
I hope they bring Kane back to feud with Randy Orton on SmackDown!. They had something going on RAW before Orton got injured.

I think they played it up a bit too much. I mean a guy being lit on fire is huge, but if it were really happening security, etc. would be out to put a stop to it, and catch The Ortons. I would have rather had Michael Cole and Tazz say how it must be a trick, and that they must have arranged this prior and put a trapdoor somewhere. Play up tha no one came out to help, so management must have OK'd this as a stunt.

I dunno, I just don't like the way they pretended Orton really lit Taker on fire. I would have rather them try to cover up Taker being lit on fire, pretending it never happened and dealing with it on SmackDown!. I'm probably not making much sense, but I just think they should have toned down the criminal elements of what they were doing by highlighting the entertainment part.
Wait, you'd rather the announcers make reference to the fact that pro wrestling is pre-determined, and these segments and finishes are planned? Am I reading this right?

Djscorpion
10-10-2005, 11:39 AM

Amen....wwe actually thinks we're stupid enough to believe that taker was gonna go on fire. Please, if orton was actually putting him on fire u would have had security and every wwe offical and wrestler on his ass before he could even get to it. The WWE is not gonna allow a murder on their show. When Owen Hart actually died, the show was actually delayed.

JH
10-10-2005, 11:51 AM
When Owen Hart actually died, the show was actually delayed.

no shit really i thought they wrestled over top of his body

you are so damn stupid

Savio
10-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Not the first time they've recycled something.Lita was gonna give birth to a hand.

Stickman
10-10-2005, 12:23 PM

You mean wrestling is fake and predetermined?????

Chavo Classic
10-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Please, if orton was actually putting him on fire u would have had security and every wwe offical and wrestler on his ass before he could even get to it.

Lol. what? If life in the WWE were as serious as this, I'm pretty confident the WWE wouldn't employ a walking corpse as a wrestler. Further more, why would a walking corpse want to wrestle? Aren't there more things for a corpse to do?

Chavo Classic
10-10-2005, 12:51 PM
The point is that the WWE is entertainment, and although the nature of the beast is to be as close to reality as possible (especially with all the shoot angles recently) everyone is aware that nothing is as at seems

Corkscrewed
10-10-2005, 12:59 PM
What else can Orton real do in the situation to achieve uber heelness though? Drop a safe on the casket? Chain it up and throw it into the ocean? The Undertaker is undead. What do you do to the undead?? You burn them bitches.

Actually, it was the fact that he chopped at the casket with an ax and then set it on fire. The axe thing stood out to me more than anything. If he had just set it on fire... or pushed it into a bonfire, that would have worked too. Short and simple.

Either that or run into it with a tractor trailer....

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2005, 01:19 PM
He chopped at it win an axe???

Now I'm having flashbacks of HHH beating up the casket with a sledge hammer..

Morgan
10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Stop Complaining.

Recycling's good for the environment.

Chavo Classic
10-10-2005, 03:22 PM
He chopped at it win an axe???

Now I'm having flashbacks of HHH beating up the casket with a sledge hammer..

...and The Rock backstage covered with what looked like Kool Aid. :rofl:

.44 Magdalene
10-11-2005, 03:09 AM
I think they should have just had an Inferno match to begin with. But that's me.

Meh.

Some people like to bitch.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Watch them have a buried alive match, which is practically the exact same thing as a casket match...

I dunno, I was never a big fan of the inferno match. It's sort of campy IMO. The flames are nice, but I don't see how someones hand catching on fire makes them the clear loser.

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Wrestlecrap has a feature about recycling angles this week which is relevant to this topic....

One of my favorite Cornette theories is the idea that anything in wrestling can be repeated after a seven year grace period. The logic behind this, as I've probably stated before, is that there would be enough turnover in the wrestling fanbase that what would be old hat to some fans would actually be new to most fans. Plus, if something has drawn in the past, logic would state that with a fresh set of characters, it could well draw again.

Interesting, no?

Londoner
10-11-2005, 07:17 AM
Dablackguy-why are you insulted? What was it that made you want to literally CRY about it on an internet forum?So what if they 'recycled' something that happened before, that doesn't mean it can't be done again.

People like you don't understand wrestling/sports entertainment.

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 07:21 AM
He's a wrestling fan and he doesn't expect his intelligence to be insulted every once in a while? Oh dear

DarkAngel
10-11-2005, 10:46 AM
bitch moan bitch moan bitch moan yack yack yack

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Great contribution :y:

DarkAngel
10-11-2005, 11:02 AM
thanks, i typed it myself

DarkAngel
10-11-2005, 11:03 AM
:kiss:

Blue Demon
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
bitch moan bitch moan bitch moan yack yack yack

dablackguy
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
He's a wrestling fan and he doesn't expect his intelligence to be insulted every once in a while? Oh dear
got me there...