PDA

View Full Version : J.R Appreciation Thread

Pinnacle Charisma
10-11-2005, 07:47 AM
All good things must come to the end. Although most of you are glad that he did leave and I must admit I kinda am to but aside from the last few years he did produce some fantastic work. No one on the commentary team to this day could put over a face or a heel like he did.

I’m sure like many of you remember moments of his passionate commentary. When I think of great moments in the WWE in my head JR’S commentary usually come to mind. Moments like Benoit and Austin’s first title wins (although it was basically the same ), Michaels win at ss after his comeback and every time Austin came to the ring (Stone cold, stone cold, business is about to pick up).

And I’m sure JR’s unique vocabulary is imprinted in your minds as it had mine.

So please don’t use this as a chance to pay out the ROSSMEISTER.

Cheers fatfuck.

Londoner
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
JR and the WWE just seem to fit together.He's an important part of the company(despite not being as good these last few years).It'll be weird him not being there next week.

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 07:57 AM
There are a few good memories of JR, here are a few

His commentary during the 1998 Hell in the Cell match.
"Would somebody stop the dam match!"

The way he dealt with the news of Owen Hart's death and relaying the news to the viewings was very classy and honourable

His many, many faux-pas
"...and that turnbuckle ain't made out of chocolate, folks"

He was a very good commentator, but it was time to go. I don't think he'll be missed all that much, but he will remain the voice I associate with wrestling for many years. I wish him the best.

Now bring on Styles

Londoner
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
...or Heyman.I can't see Styles being there.

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Or Josh Matthews, but this thread is about JR.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-11-2005, 08:03 AM
The way he dealt with the news of Owen Hart's death and relaying the news to the viewings was very classy and honourable

I agree whenever I think of Owen's death I always think of J.R's words “I hope that I am half as good as a man as Owen so that one day I may see him again”.

Dave Youell
10-11-2005, 08:07 AM
So he did go last night then? How about a spoiler please?

Londoner
10-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Er, I think it's obvious that he would've gone since a thread has been made about him.(and considering all the rumours before this)

Dave Youell
10-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Er, I think it's obvious that he would've gone since a thread has been made about him.(and considering all the rumours before this)
Then i heard the other guy (Goldberg) turned down the offer, jackass

The Ravishing One
10-11-2005, 08:20 AM
How about a spoiler please?

Londoner
10-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Ok, lets get back on topic.

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 08:22 AM
It's obvious that JR was fired. Look at all the threads popping up about JR's successor and whatnot. Besides, with all the hype if you dodn't see this coming then you're an idiot.

Besides, it won't spoil your viewing pleasure because it sounds like the whole segment sucked ass anyway

Londoner
10-11-2005, 08:27 AM
The segment was good actually, the Mcmahons got some real heel heat. It just wont be the same as the last time they were like this, because there's no one like Austin or Rock to feud with them.Don't see why JR had to go out in such a humiliating way though I guess that's the WWE way.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Its a travesty that JR is embrassed so many times by the McMahons. If I was him I would be still pissed off about the kiss my arse club Incident.

I thought what was missing from his few years was how he could get so pissed off at a heel. The anger in his voice made you hate him so much more.

And Youell there is another thread called "Who is going to replace JR"

Londoner
10-11-2005, 08:41 AM
Its a travesty that JR is embrassed so many times by the McMahons. If I was him I would be still pissed off about the kiss my arse club Incident.

Damn you for reminding me of that.:mad:

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 08:44 AM
It's not a good day for wrestling nostalgia is it, TL?

blake639raw
10-11-2005, 09:00 AM
The way they embarrassed him on the way out, it made me think that Stone Cold is getting him his job back. If this is really the end, then that's really fucked up. JR deserves a nice sendoff, and even though I don't enjoy his work much anymore, he deserves to step down gracefully for all his hard work.

Londoner
10-11-2005, 09:46 AM
It's not a good day for wrestling nostalgia is it, TL?

Nope.

DarkAngel
10-11-2005, 10:25 AM
lol "unique vocabulary"

Vastardikai
10-11-2005, 01:40 PM
My first memories of Jim Ross (forget JR, he'll always be Jim Ross, IMO) was as an announcer for WCW. He is probably gonna up there in the top 3 announcers of all time, with Gordon Solie and the guy from Chicago (I remember him, but not his name. Jack Brickhouse?)

Team Sheep
10-11-2005, 01:52 PM
I love how JR can put real emotio into anything. I'm going to miss him on RAW every week. It'll be weird with Coach, King and whomever next week.

The One
10-11-2005, 03:45 PM
JR should have left 2 years ago. He has been nothing but one mistake after another in that time period and honestly it has only hurt his rep as a legend behind the booth. I loved his work with the early WCW product, and he was great as the voice of the fans during the Attitude Era...but something changed when Attitude died and they brought back gimmicky people. JR wanted to create an embelish the JR gimmick of a BBQ, Sooner-Lovin', Deep South Commentator. And once he tried to be mroe then he was, he lost everything he had been. Fairwell JR, it's only a shame you didn't "Go Sooner(s)"

PullMyFinger
10-12-2005, 12:27 AM
He's going to come back with his boy, Dr. Death Steve Williams. :shifty:

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 12:32 AM
He's going to come back with his boy, Dr. Death Steve Williams. :shifty:

Thats it!!!!!

Kanes return..

Kane could choke toss Steve williams over the top rope. Then chokeslam him through a table. AND THEN tombstone him on the steel steps.. im a f'n genius! :shifty:

Then bitch slap J.R.. :naughty:

and kick him in the nuts..

~~~INSTANT HEEL HEAT~~~

As for J.R. Will always be remembered for his glory days years ago, became stale and almost like a characture of himself over the years. Sad really, he was still a good commentator though. Im not going to buy him leaving WWE soon though, i think he'll get his job back sooner or later. ;)

Aussie Skier
10-12-2005, 02:41 AM
i like JR.

but he is old school, and the move back to whichever station they're on now, I think is good to culminate in a new announcing style.

My favourite JR. commentaries:
Mankind VS Taker - hell in a cell.
Commentating on Steve Austin - "Ston cold, stone cold, stone cold!
WMXX - triple threat match.

it will be different without JR around thats 4 sure...I hope jerry lawler moves along soon too

Destor
10-12-2005, 01:37 PM
You haven't seen the end of JR, he wont be working a full time schedule is all. He will commentate again, don't get too excited. Probolly WM 22 main event.