PDA

View Full Version : WM22 Main Event

Evil Vito
10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
<font color=goldenrod>OK, here's the deal, you get to pick the WM22 main event...no matter how unlikely it would seem. What would you pick and how would you build it up? (It's been done before, but ah well...it's mainly an excuse to put over this idea I had)

Well, I'd give Smackdown the WM22 main event since Raw got it the past 2 years

I'd have Eddie go over Batista at some point, finally turning full-fledged heel and winning the World Heavyweight Championship

Then when the Rumble comes along....it should be the most stacked Rumble in years.....and for once, there's actually a laundry list of main eventers/upper-carders who would have a chance at winning. Chris Jericho is slated to come back from Fozzy touring in November, but I would hold off his return until the Rumble, where he would be a surprise entrant (and his return wouldn't be announced or hyped) The announcers speculate what brand he's representing (since he was fired from Raw)

Anyways, Jericho wins and is invited the next night on Raw. Bischoff kisses Jericho's ass in an attempt to get him to sign the WM22 contract to be in the main event representing Raw. Jericho looks to be about sold, until Theodore Long appears on the titan tron in the Raw production truck.....he plays the vid of Jericho getting fired by Bischoff the night after Summerslam, and Jericho proceeds to quickly lock in the Walls on Bischoff to the crowd's delight. Jericho flees through the crowd once security runs out.....and he signs on with Smackdown on Friday.

I can see Jericho/Eddie having a brilliant feud, both in the ring and on the mic...and we have a face Jericho vs. a heel Eddie as the main event of WM22 for the World Heavyweight Championship, with Jericho coming out on top

---------

Now obviously, the chances of that happening are 0.1%, but it would still rule.

I'd love to see other main event ideas.</font>

The Greater Power
10-13-2005, 04:24 PM
^^^ That would be great.

The RAW title match I believe will feature Edge taking on Cena after three months of buildup. I'm not sure how it would be done, but Edge has to use his MITB sometime.

CharismaInjection
10-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Smackdown's Main Event:

Rey Mysterio V.S. Randy Orton.

Randy wins the title of Batista, he then continues to take out Taker(again) JBL, Chris Benoit, Booker T etc. He then talk about how he's taken out all the big guys on Smackdown. There is no big guy to take out anymore. Mysterio then turns up and shows the little guys can kick ass. Orton says 'this is the world HEAVYWEIGHT championship' and Rey is nothing but a cruiser, Rey then responds by kicking his ass. They have a big feud where Rey wins the title.

RAW's Main Event:

HBK V.S. Edge.

Edge finally uses his money in the bank shot at Wrestlemania and fights HBK. They have a good fight, but in the end, Edge wins when he uses his money in the bank briefcase one last time on HBK, winning the belt. Edge then tosses his briefcase away, knowing he'll no longer need it.

KingofOldSchool
10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Cena/HHH or Cena/Orton

The Greater Power
10-13-2005, 05:08 PM
I was thinking they'd save Cena/Orton for like Mania 25, to make it an epic, Austin/Rock-like encounter.

thecc
10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
CM punk over hhh in his hometown.

Yes I know it will never happen but a guy can dream.

Destor
10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Jeff Jerret vs Abyss

:shifty:

DaveWadding
10-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Angle/Benoit in a crosspromotional 60 minute Iron Man match :drool:

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2005, 05:49 PM
My first (and probably more realistic) choice for main event of WrestleMania 22 is Kurt Angle defending the WWE Championship against Chris Jericho.

Angle outlasts Cena, Carlito, Edge, HBK & Big Show in an Elimination Chamber at Taboo Tuesday to become a five-time WWE Champion. Angle defeats Cena again at Survivor Series, maybe with help from Shelton Benjamin, which can lead to Angle successfully defending the title against Shelton Benjamin at New Year's Revolution.

Chris Jericho makes his surprise return in the Royal Rumble as the #30 entrant. Jericho becomes the first-man in history to win the Rumble from that marked spot, and he gets to choose which title he will challenge for at WrestleMania. Chris Jericho has a choice between Batista and Kurt Angle. Jericho says that he doesn't like RAW, and he doesn't like Eric Bischoff, but he's not stupid enough to willingly step into a ring with Batista, and attempt to ruin his extremely long reign as World Heavyweight Champion.

The SmackDown! main event would then be Batista defending the World Heavyweight Championship against The Undertaker (finally ending 'Taker's streak) or Batista facing someone small like Rey Mysterio or...

Paul London. My second preference for the main event of WrestleMania is for Paul London to win the Royal Rumble and challenge for a World Championship. Since when have we had a Royal Rumble winner that unexpected (save for maybe Vince McMahon). London has just started getting bigger pops, even with his recent tease of a heel turn, although that might just be because they're in Texas. Anyway, London wins the Royal Rumble, from really early on, maybe even the #1 or 2 position. London is compared to Shawn Michaels, who coincidentally had hand in training Paul London, and we get Paul London talking about how he would like nothing more than to get a shot at his mentor in the main event of WrestleMania.

Now you can either have Shawn Michaels win the WWE Championship after London wins the Rumble, or before it. Either way, it eventually becomes apparent we will be seeing teacher vs. student in the main event of WrestleMania. I would also love to see Kurt Angle vs. Paul London, so I suppose you can have Angle win the title at Taboo Tuesday and hold it until London gets his title shot.

The Naitch
10-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Cena vs. Stone Cold
Cena vs. Hogan

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Raw: Jericho vs Angle
Smackdown: Eddie vs Benoit

Jordan
10-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Triple H v.s Cena
Orton v.s Batista
Hogan v.s Stone Cold

The Show Off
10-14-2005, 01:43 AM
I'd like any of the following matches to Main Event Wrestlemanai XXII

--Raw--
Hulk Hogan v. Steve Austin
Edge (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the WWE Championship)
*Heel* Shawn Michaels (c) v. John Cena (for the WWE Championship)
John Cena (c) v. Shelton Benjamin (for the WWE Championship)
Kurt Angle (c) v. Ric Flair
Rob Van Dam (c) v. Shelton Benjamin (for the WWE Championship)
Triple H (c) v. Rob Van Dam (for the WWE Championship)
Triple H (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the WWE Championship)

--Smackdown--
Brock Lesner (c) v. Chris Benoit (World Heavyweight Championship)
Randy Orton (c) v. Brock Lesner (World Heavyweight Championship)
Randy Orton (c) v. Christian (World Heavyweight Championship)
Chris Benoit (c) v. Christian (World Heavyweight Championship)
Eddie Guerrero (c) v. The Undertaker (World Heavyweight Championship)

--Crossover/Interpromotional--
Kurt Angle v. The Undertaker (Undertaker Farwell Match)
JBL v. Triple H
Edge (c) v. Christian (for the World Heavyweight Championship)
Triple H (c) v. Brock Lesner (for the WWE Championship)
**Randy Orton (c) v. Chris Jericho (for the World Heavyweight Championship)**

**The final match is the one I want to see the most..

All of those would suffice.

Destor
10-14-2005, 01:49 AM
Hey Show Off, you and I should get together and compair markness some time. :lol:

Pinnacle Charisma
10-14-2005, 02:17 AM
I was thinking about posting a thread like this a few weeks ago but I thought it would be to early.

Anyway on the Raw side I think it will be HHH ( c ) vs Cena. Cena is the biggest face on Raw so its kinda of a no brainier that he will in the main event. Sadly HHH will be champ because history has shown us that Vince likes a heel to go in as champ in the road to WM. It has to be HHH because Angle already has had a shot and the fued cant progress until WM next year and I don’t think the WWE has enough confidence in Edge yet to main event WM (and rightly so). HHH and Cena is a feud that alot of people want to see as well.

On Smackdown it will be Bats vs Orton ( c ). This feud has been on the cards for a while but this all depends on if Bats goes heel against Eddie in their recent feud.

Schoenauer
10-14-2005, 04:12 AM
I'd like to see Jericho make a huge return at WM22... hopefully huge like when he showed up on RAW.

Aussie Skier
10-14-2005, 04:20 AM
My scenario.

HEEL Eddie wins the title from Batista @ Armegeddon.
Mysterio wins the rumble.

Eddie VS Rey rey for WHC.

meh

Pinnacle Charisma
10-15-2005, 08:24 AM
As much as I love the likes of Jericho, Chirstain and Rey I don’t see them maineventing this years wrestlemania.

St. Jimmy
10-15-2005, 09:25 AM
i'd love to see Shelton win the rumble and go on to mania,
but i really don't see that happening.

my guess, mysterio wins the rumble an
and for the World Heavyweight Title,
i see Batista (C) against Mysterio

for the WWE title, i see edge using his MITB,
when he dosn't win the rumble,
and it's either Edge against Angle (hopefully)
or Edge vs Cena (god no)...
Edge goes on to win at the ppv before and defends at Mania,
i'm guessing either against Angle or Trips...
but don't quote me on that.